User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 May 2007, 16:01   #101
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TGV member and losing roids? Thank Kargool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Of course not, TGV is needed to help CT because CT alone ain't capable of changing the outcome of a round
I'm not sure where this hatred or whatever you want to call it for CT comes from, but show me an alliance who can.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 16:07   #102
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Most alliances now seem worried about their rankings, more so then the enjoyment of their members.

Lets make a proper war

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 16:13   #103
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
I'm not sure where this hatred or whatever you want to call it for CT comes from, but show me an alliance who can.
I'm just teasing CT, nothing else, hehe. And alliances that can change the round outcome, well, I'd say Wolfpack was able to do that this round. Like eXilition, 1up and Fury were back in the days when they were playing. Those alliances simply share the will to undertake all required steps to secure their own success - something which cannot be said by CT from what it looks.
Unread 21 May 2007, 16:54   #104
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm just teasing CT, nothing else, hehe. And alliances that can change the round outcome, well, I'd say Wolfpack was able to do that this round. Like eXilition, 1up and Fury were back in the days when they were playing. Those alliances simply share the will to undertake all required steps to secure their own success - something which cannot be said by CT from what it looks.
Quote:
alone
nuff quoted.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 21 May 2007, 17:03   #105
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
nuff quoted.
You really don't want to understand right?

WP alone managed to setup a political landscape in WP's favour.
CT alone did not manage to setup a political landscape in CT's favour.

Oh wait, I guess someone will now start screaming "but there were preround agreements!!!1111".
Unread 21 May 2007, 21:47   #106
The Real Arfy

Quote:
You really don't want to understand right?

WP alone managed to setup a political landscape in WP's favour.
CT alone did not manage to setup a political landscape in CT's favour.

Oh wait, I guess someone will now start screaming "but there were preround agreements!!!1111".
That means absolutely shit all. You said that CT isn't capable of changing the outcome of the round alone. WP alone didn't set that political landscape, WP and their political buddies did.

Oh, and since we're being pedantic, you never mentioned that CT had to change the outcome of the round in their favour. Maybe we decided we'd change the outcome of the round by not giving a flying **** and making WP come first.

Unread 21 May 2007, 22:36   #107
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
WP alone didn't set that political landscape, WP and their political buddies did.
Don't forget the 30-40 planets they have out of tag....and the cheating, lying and stealing purpotrated by their members. :/

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 22:38   #108
Heartless

Quote:
That means absolutely shit all. You said that CT isn't capable of changing the outcome of the round alone. WP alone didn't set that political landscape, WP and their political buddies did.

Oh, and since we're being pedantic, you never mentioned that CT had to change the outcome of the round in their favour. Maybe we decided we'd change the outcome of the round by not giving a flying **** and making WP come first.
Well, as far as I am concerned WP has the same political buddies CT has.

But I agree with the second part of your posting, maybe you guys did just that
Unread 22 May 2007, 04:16   #109
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
But I agree with the second part of your posting, maybe you guys did just that
Now we seem to be trying to play catch-up after letting the rats get out of our grasp. We should have squashed them early when they first showed their strength.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 08:26   #110
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Now we seem to be trying to play catch-up after letting the rats get out of our grasp. We should have squashed them early when they first showed their strength.
Well I'll be curious how you guys want to catch-up on WP then
Unread 22 May 2007, 09:18   #111
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

I dont get it why every alliance about to win gets accused of cheating...
WP had 2 guys getting closed for simply being idiotic - other than that every alliance got a few out of tag planets - no point in denying that. people remove/add players to tag faster than you can say blueberry cake.

p.s. as much as I hate the opposition I'd still congratulate them unless its Angels.

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 10:32   #112
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Doubt there are more cheaters in puppypack then in alliances in general, but they prolly get more attention since they stole wp name.

Unread 22 May 2007, 11:04   #113
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

yes ascendancy have been a pain in the arse this round, but that's the point of the game, and they've done it well.

if you give your alliance the political freedom to spend a night gaining easy roids on a lower alliance with hardly any backlash AND are able to blame that lower alliance for it, why not?

If ascendancy dont recieve any retalliation for this, theyve done well and as annoying as that may be for everyone to accept, its true. The fact that they 'hide' behind a facade of being inactive isn't really a decent enough argument. That's up to them and as painful as it is to say, you know the players they have, and they're hardly inactive. If you believe that or ever have done, you're thick.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 11:07   #114
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
I dont get it why every alliance about to win gets accused of cheating...
WP had 2 guys getting closed for simply being idiotic - other than that every alliance got a few out of tag planets - no point in denying that. people remove/add players to tag faster than you can say blueberry cake.

p.s. as much as I hate the opposition I'd still congratulate them unless its Angels.
I don't think every alliance has out of tag planets. Not saying you cheated, just saying that that statement is improbable.
Unread 22 May 2007, 11:30   #115
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
yes ascendancy have been a pain in the arse this round, but that's the point of the game, and they've done it well.

if you give your alliance the political freedom to spend a night gaining easy roids on a lower alliance with hardly any backlash AND are able to blame that lower alliance for it, why not?

If ascendancy dont recieve any retalliation for this, theyve done well and as annoying as that may be for everyone to accept, its true. The fact that they 'hide' behind a facade of being inactive isn't really a decent enough argument. That's up to them and as painful as it is to say, you know the players they have, and they're hardly inactive. If you believe that or ever have done, you're thick.
a) We HAVE received retalliation, TGV/Vision for example and Angels as we speak.
b) Us hiding behind a facade is not a fact. We simply don't hide, the only ones who keep this up are people who can't seem to grasp the concept of Ascendancy (you?).
Besides that, it's fairly transparent how we work, since none (afaik) of us use fake nicks, hence it should not be a problem to keep track of our movements etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
I would recommend to everyone to carefully read posts by JBG, Rob, Jester and Achi in this thread. It perfectly demonstrates what we are about, better than anything else ever could.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 12:16   #116
Virall
The Scareh Clown

If you re-read, you can see I was actually defending ascendancy.
Unread 22 May 2007, 12:42   #117
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
If you re-read, you can see I was actually defending ascendancy.
I'm correcting you nonetheless.
Unread 22 May 2007, 12:43   #118
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I would like a comment about why Angels used 12 fleets to attack my 2 mill value planet this morning I AM GOING TO RETALIATE IN CLUSTER YO
Unread 22 May 2007, 13:00   #119
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
I would like a comment about why Angels used 12 fleets to attack my 2 mill value planet this morning I AM GOING TO RETALIATE IN CLUSTER YO
probably because they feel the portal is shit
Unread 22 May 2007, 13:24   #120
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

What I really don't understand is why everyone has given up trying to win the round.

This is how I envision it went:

I don't know if we really want to be winners, I think it's better if we let someone else win because winning is weird and not much fun. So instead what we'll do is attack people that will mean we won't win the round because that is much better. Sure, if we spent time attacking Wolfpack and trying to dig into their score advantage, we might have a chance of winning, especially if we all co-operated, but instead let's be faggots and lose.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 14:22   #121
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
What I really don't understand is why everyone has given up trying to win the round.

This is how I envision it went:

I don't know if we really want to be winners, I think it's better if we let someone else win because winning is weird and not much fun. So instead what we'll do is attack people that will mean we won't win the round because that is much better. Sure, if we spent time attacking Wolfpack and trying to dig into their score advantage, we might have a chance of winning, especially if we all co-operated, but instead let's be faggots and lose.
Cooperation between alliances 2-3 does not work. It would mean both of them are accepting the risk of going down to let the other alliance probably win.
At this stage of the round i would say there is no point in going for the top alliance. There are other objectives though: #2 alliance and #1 planet. And CT, Angels and Asc are competing for the later one.
Unread 22 May 2007, 14:28   #122
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Cooperation between alliances 2-3 does not work. It would mean both of them are accepting the risk of going down to let the other alliance probably win.
At this stage of the round i would say there is no point in going for the top alliance. There are other objectives though: #2 alliance and #1 planet. And CT, Angels and Asc are competing for the later one.
This is exactly the attitude Angels and Ct HC have been showing and it's exactly like last round. Cooperation does pay off, if you want it to.
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:09   #123
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Cooperation does pay off, if you want it to.
Yeah. It takes two to dance it, though. It pays off best when both/all parties want it to.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:20   #124
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
I got covered
U started DCing? :P

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:23   #125
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is exactly the attitude Angels and Ct HC have been showing and it's exactly like last round. Cooperation does pay off, if you want it to.
How?
Suppose i am number #1 by a lot, you are number 2 and someone else is #3 close to you.
You approach #3 to cooperate. He agrees. I speak to both #2 and #3 and tell you that one of you is going down, either you or #3. If i decide to hit you, you are never going to become #1. You will probably only help #3 to get the top spot, although the score difference is too big that the, even so, odds are in my favour. Is that what you wanted?
Any way you see it, this type of cooperation will only pay off for one partner. Are you willing to be the one getting slammed so that someone else wins?
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:26   #126
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Yeah. It takes two to dance it, though. It pays off best when both/all parties want it to.
There are more then enough other dancers around though.

Quote:
How?
Suppose i am number #1 by a lot, you are number 2 and someone else is #3 close to you.
You approach #3 to cooperate. He agrees. I speak to both #2 and #3 and tell you that one of you is going down, either you or #3. If i decide to hit you, you are never going to become #1. You will probably only help #3 to get the top spot, although the score difference is too big that the, even so, odds are in my favour. Is that what you wanted?
Any way you see it, this type of cooperation will only pay off for one partner. Are you willing to be the one getting slammed so that someone else wins?
Again, such narrow minded thinking is exactly why Angels and Ct did not win.
Winning is taking risks, no matter what scenarios you come up with. We're stuck now with people who don't have the balls to do so.
Stop putting up "what if's" and "maybe's" and for once go for the ****ing win.
You think eXi or 1up won rounds only because they were so much better individually?
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:28   #127
Heartless

Quote:
How?
Having a chance or having no chance. Well I prefer the first one, the second one is for pussies. I mean sorry but this ain't sim planet. You have to fight if you want to reach something in a war or strategy game. Certainly the HC of Angels / CT are the same people which play warcraft / starcraft with "30 minutes no rush plz!" because they simply are not good enough to compete in a normal way. If you don't want to be hit, then go to Preferences in PT 73, go into vacation mode and never log in again until the last tick or so. That would be about as entertaining as the scenario you prefer.
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:31   #128
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
probably because they feel the portal is shit

Shouldnt have left the team when I joined then \o/
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:34   #129
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think there are two questions you need to look at here:

- do you want to cooperate to win?

Gio2k obviously doesn't want to because it might allow other people to win as a result. He fails at this hurdle. The fact that another alliance be more successful should be irrelevant if they are an easier target than the currently leading alliance.

- can you trust the other party to cooperate with you and hold their side of the bargain?

In ND, this is what in my opinion held us back politically. The party we relied on was Angels and while this is largely irrelevant now, they couldn't be trusted to hold agreements, simply becase they had a track record of throwing alliances into the fire and not launching, or being too quick on the trigger and actually attacking the other party at the first signs of headway being made on the intended target. Thus there was no point in cooperating with Angels because it would have been detrimental to our alliance.
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:50   #130
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

That's where i differ. In order to sacrifice your standing in a game, your chances to win have to be good enough. Neither CT nor Angels have any good chance to win at the moment, so they would be most likely only sacrificing their 2nd place.
Lokken has another point: You need to trust your counterpart to hold on to their side of the bargain. That is easily said than done. When you and your alliance members find yourselves exhausted after 3 or more days of steady incs from the top alliance, your members themselves will start to question that decision. In the end, an HC has to care for all of his members. If it was a one man battle, i would probably sacrifice my second place for a chance at #1 if this chance was high enough, knowing that if i get screwed, it's only me who goes down. In order for it to work at an alliance level, every single member would have to agree on potentially sacrificing their ranks, their collective second place, in order to get a very small chance of winning.
I have nothing against your points of view, but to be honest, i find they are very idealistic if not utopical.
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:52   #131
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's where i differ. In order to sacrifice your standing in a game, your chances to win have to be good enough. Neither CT nor Angels have any good chance to win at the moment, so they would be most likely only sacrificing their 2nd place.
Honest to god who cares, I can't even remember who came second last round out of vgn/destiny.
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:59   #132
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Lokken has another point: You need to trust your counterpart to hold on to their side of the bargain. That is easily said than done. When you and your alliance members find yourselves exhausted after 3 or more days of steady incs from the top alliance, your members themselves will start to question that decision. In the end, an HC has to care for all of his members. If it was a one man battle, i would probably sacrifice my second place for a chance at #1 if this chance was high enough, knowing that if i get screwed, it's only me who goes down. In order for it to work at an alliance level, every single member would have to agree on potentially sacrificing their ranks, their collective second place, in order to get a very small chance of winning.
I have nothing against your points of view, but to be honest, i find they are very idealistic if not utopical.
Angels and Ct did have the opportunity to win though. Nothing utopical about it.
Unread 22 May 2007, 16:04   #133
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
There are more then enough other dancers around though.

Again, such narrow minded thinking is exactly why Angels and Ct did not win.
Winning is taking risks, no matter what scenarios you come up with. We're stuck now with people who don't have the balls to do so.
Stop putting up "what if's" and "maybe's" and for once go for the ****ing win.
You think eXi or 1up won rounds only because they were so much better individually?
What about risk / reward ? Do you ever take that into consideration?
If you don't, why are you not taking the risk and start hitting Wolfpack? Theoretically, you also could end as top alliance, right? Only, the probabilities are almost zero. In fact, you probably have more to lose by hitting WP than what you have to win.
Unread 22 May 2007, 16:10   #134
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Angels and Ct did have the opportunity to win though. Nothing utopical about it.
You said it, they did. And they did hit WP, only WP hit them back hard, and they backed off. Ranting about risking it at this stage of the game is pointless.
Unread 22 May 2007, 16:10   #135
Heartless

Quote:
What about risk / reward ? Do you ever take that into consideration?
If you don't, why are you not taking the risk and start hitting Wolfpack? Theoretically, you also could end as top alliance, right? Only, the probabilities are almost zero. In fact, you probably have more to lose by hitting WP than what you have to win.
Ascendancy ain't competing for the #1 alliance rank, though - if we'd do we'd certainly made some things different this round. Angels and CT again, have done jack shit all round and now try to gain some credibility by hitting down the foodchain while WP laughs there as off, just like us. Sorry guys, but if you want to win then a second place is worth just as much as 10th rank for you.
Unread 22 May 2007, 16:15   #136
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
U started DCing? :P
No TGV has ;(

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 16:20   #137
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Ascendancy ain't competing for the #1 alliance rank, though - if we'd do we'd certainly made some things different this round. Angels and CT again, have done jack shit all round and now try to gain some credibility by hitting down the foodchain while WP laughs there as off, just like us. Sorry guys, but if you want to win then a second place is worth just as much as 10th rank for you.
I agree. The thing is, what makes you believe that Angels and CT are still competing for the first place? When an alliance knows it can't win a round, they will at least try to compete for holding the top planet. This is a fact, it has happened every round. So hitting Ascendancy to avoid one of their planets coming on top is the next best thing, right?
And Angels have done more than any other alliance to win the round, only they had their problems as well. The closure of some of their top planets, the internal difficulties, etc. You are very quick to say they did not do jack-shit. CT, on the other hand, forgot how to use the launch button this round apparently.
Unread 22 May 2007, 16:44   #138
Heartless

Quote:
I agree. The thing is, what makes you believe that Angels and CT are still competing for the first place?
Probably the fact that the round ain't finished yet?

Quote:
When an alliance knows it can't win a round, they will at least try to compete for holding the top planet. This is a fact, it has happened every round. So hitting Ascendancy to avoid one of their planets coming on top is the next best thing, right?
I think that's one option, probably. It might as well just mean that your only planet with a chance for the top spot is going to die a horrible death, though.

Quote:
And Angels have done more than any other alliance to win the round, only they had their problems as well. The closure of some of their top planets, the internal difficulties, etc. You are very quick to say they did not do jack-shit. CT, on the other hand, forgot how to use the launch button this round apparently.
I'd say you can only blame your own members for getting closed. Also, blaming CT only is certainly wrong. Maybe you should sometimes approach alliances which look not like top quality alliances in your attempts of winning. Internal difficulties ... well ... MobRulz as HC, Fenix, the exi bg - housemade trouble, too. So maybe you have done more but a lot of the problems you list were selfmade.
Unread 22 May 2007, 16:56   #139
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Gio2k I think you're completely missing the point.

The top alliance is going to shout rather bloody loudly that it plans to hit one of the two alliances to deter them, sure. But that's not the end of it. In reality, they're only going to target said alliance for as long as it matters. If they know that this alliance will not under any circumstances be deterred, they have no reason to attack it any more (except to set a precedent/build up a useful reputation but lets forget that).

If WP were engaged in a serious war they'd have members/fleets dropping like flies, they wouldn't be able to hurt this other alliance a great deal anyway. When you're outflanked, you're buggered, it's as simple as that. CT and Angels could (have?) quite happily tied up half WP's attacking fleets early evening every night. If they wanted to..

And then before you know it, the top alliance isn't top any more and the alliance that took the beating from WP suddenly has the most control over the situation. They can stop attacking WP whenever they want after all. It's not like the new alliance going for first is going to stop hitting WP if they're level.

It's all about manipulation really, you can't expect the #1 alliance to present you with a situation where you can easily win today. You need to change the situation so you can win tomorrow (or whenever).
Unread 22 May 2007, 17:25   #140
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Heh, either you compete to be #1, or you don't compete at all.

Unread 22 May 2007, 17:59   #141
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Probably the fact that the round ain't finished yet?

I think that's one option, probably. It might as well just mean that your only planet with a chance for the top spot is going to die a horrible death, though.

I'd say you can only blame your own members for getting closed. Also, blaming CT only is certainly wrong. Maybe you should sometimes approach alliances which look not like top quality alliances in your attempts of winning. Internal difficulties ... well ... MobRulz as HC, Fenix, the exi bg - housemade trouble, too. So maybe you have done more but a lot of the problems you list were selfmade.
Maybe i need to explain here that i am not in angels :P
Unread 22 May 2007, 18:17   #142
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Gio2k I think you're completely missing the point.

The top alliance is going to shout rather bloody loudly that it plans to hit one of the two alliances to deter them, sure. But that's not the end of it. In reality, they're only going to target said alliance for as long as it matters. If they know that this alliance will not under any circumstances be deterred, they have no reason to attack it any more (except to set a precedent/build up a useful reputation but lets forget that).

If WP were engaged in a serious war they'd have members/fleets dropping like flies, they wouldn't be able to hurt this other alliance a great deal anyway. When you're outflanked, you're buggered, it's as simple as that. CT and Angels could (have?) quite happily tied up half WP's attacking fleets early evening every night. If they wanted to..

And then before you know it, the top alliance isn't top any more and the alliance that took the beating from WP suddenly has the most control over the situation. They can stop attacking WP whenever they want after all. It's not like the new alliance going for first is going to stop hitting WP if they're level.

It's all about manipulation really, you can't expect the #1 alliance to present you with a situation where you can easily win today. You need to change the situation so you can win tomorrow (or whenever).
Your point would stand if this had happened earlier in the round. However, this is this end spurt of the round, and provided WP don't crash fleets, either Angels or CT would have to outscore WP by 3m each day if they want to win.
Then there is the additional point that you can't control your members to hit 300 - 400 roid targets with massive fleets every single night. The incoming will eventually diminish, so there will be days where WP will gain score on the 2nd alliance again.
I am not saying it can't be done. I just think it's too late. And there is so much more than just having balls to come on top.
Unread 22 May 2007, 18:18   #143
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
You said it, they did. And they did hit WP, only WP hit them back hard, and they backed off. Ranting about risking it at this stage of the game is pointless.
I'm sorry where did I say "this stage of the game"?
And they didn't put in 100% effort. You can't be serious about Ct and Angels together not being able to beat WP.
Oh bwtmc pretty much said it all.
Unread 22 May 2007, 18:27   #144
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Then there is the additional point that you can't control your members to hit 300 - 400 roid targets with massive fleets every single night. The incoming will eventually diminish, so there will be days where WP will gain score on the 2nd alliance again.
Yes you can control members in that way. The fact you've never seen it happen before doesn't mean it's not possible.
Unread 22 May 2007, 18:30   #145
Heartless

Quote:
Yes you can control members in that way. The fact you've never seen it happen before doesn't mean it's not possible.
As former member of 1up who got waved to shit by exi I can only support Stoom's claim here. But that does actually take some kind of dedication towards crushing your opposition, which can be challenging to keep up at times.
Unread 22 May 2007, 18:38   #146
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm sorry where did I say "this stage of the game"?
And they didn't put in 100% effort. You can't be serious about Ct and Angels together not being able to beat WP.
Oh bwtmc pretty much said it all.
we had the bomb for quite some nights with a peak of 170 calls when ct/angels + flak hit us so noone can blaim them for not trying. also ct tried recall/resending on us and everything but it was fun as this was a whole defpoint hunting in pack private we had a proper fleetmanagement with few crashes only so it wasnt easy to catch up on us regardless how many calls we received a night

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 18:49   #147
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

170 calls from ct plus angels plus other alliances isn't really that good. That's each member launching one attack fleet really. If you can't give at least two calls per night off a planet when you're massively on the offensive you're probably fairly rubbish in terms of "top drawer" alliances.
Unread 22 May 2007, 18:56   #148
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's better to try and fail miserably then be happy for second place. Both for this round, self-esteem and future rounds. Seriously nobody cares about your second place. And if your members feels that it's better to get second without a fight then fight for first (and possibly go down to below top 10) then your members aren't worth having around. And top planet? If I had fashioned myself as a "hardcore" player (like, having a dc or getting calls when I was sleeping) and my ally told me that top planet was a good goal, I would leave and never come back. (And possibly shoot myself in the head if I had spent several weeks over numbers on the internet for such a pathetic way of saying that "I fail")

For serious. There's over one week left, of a value round. Can you spot the key word? It's not science how to win this round, and it's still not decided.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 19:17   #149
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
we had the bomb for quite some nights with a peak of 170 calls when ct/angels + flak hit us so noone can blaim them for not trying. also ct tried recall/resending on us and everything but it was fun as this was a whole defpoint hunting in pack private we had a proper fleetmanagement with few crashes only so it wasnt easy to catch up on us regardless how many calls we received a night
I've been witnessing Angels attacks first hand. There was nothing special at all, not a good coverage at all. As for Ct, well we all know how they targeted you. Galraids on WP heavy gals... :crymeariver:
Unread 22 May 2007, 19:30   #150
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
we had the bomb for quite some nights with a peak of 170 calls when ct/angels + flak hit us so noone can blaim them for not trying.
For a reference, r15 exi received a peak of 300+ calls a night with several nights of 200+ calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
170 calls from ct plus angels plus other alliances isn't really that good.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote