User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Nov 2006, 13:44   #1
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
I don't believe it!!!!

For Gods Sake

Will everyone get their act together and attack Exilition!!!!!

No beating about the bush - 'I have a nap', 'I wont hit them if you don't', 'I'd real like to BUT'
The Exilition planets in my gal will not thank me for this (right now) but I say to all alliances join together for one whole week and TRY and take them down. Just try - we probably wont be able to (stockpiles, 1 fleet defence, ingal help) BUT just try.

I say each alliance should be given 10 targets and it is the challenge of each alliance to do the most damage to those particular Exi targets (maybe a game within a game - for one week). Roided them - Catch them - whatever.

At the end of the day people talk about honour - THIS IS A GAME - YOU ARE TRYING TO WIN A GAME.
ND talk of honour - and yet they come on these boards trying to arrange some kind of Pact. I believe ND are making it public that they'd like to attack Exi so that when EXI win ND can say well at least we tried.
So what Omen and Angels merged - It's added a bit of spice to the game.

I think Exilition will win this round - it would just be nice to see them stretched a bit.
If everyone did attack Exi (because of what I've said - which is highly unlikely) Exilition players will probably thank me in a few weeks for making this one of the best ends to a round ever.

Zoro
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 15:07   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: I don't believe it!!!!

What reason though do most alliances have for attacking Exi?

Of the viable winners Exi are probally the least of three evils. After all no-one wants to see FO win after the merge because it would be farcical if they won due to a merge, especially the way they did it and after ND's recent actions where they are demanding they are handed the win by default I doubt theres many people who really want to help them.

Exi while they did merge, didnt resort to the kind of merge tactics that FO did and the members added from the merge did only number 6 members so its only a smallish percentage of their score. TBH they havent really done anything wrong as its hardly their fault that those who could try and stop them decided to bury their head in the sand until it was too late
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 15:15   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that exi deserve it the most, but i just feel it would be damn good fun to really put them to test
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 15:25   #4
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

didnt we see this coming about 3 months ago?

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 15:32   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
At the end of the day people talk about honour - THIS IS A GAME - YOU ARE TRYING TO WIN A GAME.

Zoro

Erm so by handing each alliance in top 10 a few exi's to roid dry they win the game?

Wow, your logic is astounding.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 16:07   #6
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

I'm not trying to say in anyway my post is logical.

I just think that a major assault on Exi (coordinated whatever way) would make the end of round more interesting.

Give them a run for their money. That'll all.
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 16:13   #7
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I used to disagree with posts like this: after all, why should anyone bother hitting big eX planets if it won't win them the round? But since no alliance appears to have anything better to do, this plan is as good as any.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 16:22   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm not trying to say in anyway my post is logical.

I just think that a major assault on Exi (coordinated whatever way) would make the end of round more interesting.

Give them a run for their money. That'll all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I used to disagree with posts like this: after all, why should anyone bother hitting big eX planets if it won't win them the round? But since no alliance appears to have anything better to do, this plan is as good as any.

I think I agree. Especially for some of the smaller alliances, this would be worthwhile experience for them to take 5-10 eXil targets and just send all their fleets at them. Have some fun and get some practice in at attacking top planets. It doesn't really matter who wins the round, and I suspect that eXilition will win anyway.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 16:30   #9
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I think I agree. Especially for some of the smaller alliances, this would be worthwhile experience for them to take 5-10 eXil targets and just send all their fleets at them. Have some fun and get some practice in at attacking top planets. It doesn't really matter who wins the round, and I suspect that eXilition will win anyway.

Most smaller alliances already agreed to do this.

ND and Co refused to help and the idea got dropped.

I see no gain for anyone by having the little aliances get smashed up alone.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 16:52   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Most smaller alliances already agreed to do this.

ND and Co refused to help and the idea got dropped.

I see no gain for anyone by having the little aliances get smashed up alone.
Obviously it'd be necessary for ND/FO/etc to agree to it.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 17:07   #11
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

And do you think the smaller alliances will agree to it now after the top guys pissed about so much?

I think they are more likely to say fk off and fight your own war at this stage.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 17:19   #12
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I don't believe it!!!!

For Gods Sake

Will everyone get their act together and attack Exilition!!!!!
you better believe it!

ND 3rd place allready are still worried to take on eXi although they have nothing to loose at the current situation - they think Amen, ToF and VsN shall go after eXi whilest they continue hitting us

so round is basically over but we still can put up for a good fight till it ends
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 18:36   #13
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: I don't believe it!!!!

The reason the game sucks is because everyone takes it way to serious.

to mass roiding exi. Surely the xp that will be gained would go some way to stopping exi winning?

But then again, its more fun to log in and do jack shit isnt it

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 19:33   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

"massroiding of eXi" if ever done, will prolly last 1 day, as noone has the stamina or want to keep up with such a move.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 20:54   #15
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

The level of cooperation needed to take down eXi does not exist within the other top 10 alliances.

EXi has kept to the old adage of Divide and Conquor and that is what they have done. When an alliance starts to attack eXi they target back those hostiles with maximum force until the alliance fails, quits, or begs for a NAP.

Alot of people don't want to attack eXi for the following reasons:

1. Whats in it for me? Many don't want to attack because they feel there is little to gain by attacking a strong alliance.

2. Defeatist Attitude. Many feel that they will be worse off and that taking down eXi is impossible so why try.

3. I don't want to see alliance X,Y, or Z win because eXi lost. Personal dislikes for the leading alliances keep people from wanting to bring eXi down because another alliance will win.

4. Lack of skill. Other alliances lack the skill to take eXi down and the cross alliance cooperation needed either does not exist or is not desired enough.

5. Lack of determination. Simply put no other alliances will have the endurance to wear eXi down.

EXi has the best organization. Most of the best players. And a level of dedication and loyalty not seen in other alliances. Can they be taken down? Of course they can. Will it happen? Not likely due to the reasons above.

Congratulations eXilition. The round may not be over but unless the sheep decide to become wolves there is little standing in your way.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:31   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
1. Whats in it for me? Many don't want to attack because they feel there is little to gain by attacking a strong alliance.
There has to be something in it for any party to undertake any action. It doesnt have to be a gain thats quantafiable such as rank or score gain but you have to atleast feel that theres some kind of moral gain.

And I believe that the time for most alliances to be able to make moral gains has passed. All we would be doing would be helping a less deserving party who have carried out questionable tactics and are now using the fourms to blame each other for the fact they refused to take any action when they were the alliances most capable of standing up to exil
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 23:06   #17
Forest

Wakey hits the nail on the head again.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 23:11   #18
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
There has to be something in it for any party to undertake any action. It doesnt have to be a gain thats quantafiable such as rank or score gain but you have to atleast feel that theres some kind of moral gain.

And I believe that the time for most alliances to be able to make moral gains has passed. All we would be doing would be helping a less deserving party who have carried out questionable tactics and are now using the fourms to blame each other for the fact they refused to take any action when they were the alliances most capable of standing up to exil
I think this falls under point #3 of why we won't take eXi down.

By the way I have been without an alliance all round long so I could care less which alliance actually wins.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote