User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Nov 2006, 02:56   #101
rain

rain can only hope to improve
Re: What have alliances turned into...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
too bad you guys sucked that much in omen, pre-def are soo pia
dont forget where from you came
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 09:27   #102
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
For us this system works and have worked for a long time. Maybe now as the "cat is out of the bag" alliances will be abit more aware of it, but its a given fact, when the waves starts to pour in, you can actually send eta 9 defence the tick before on eta 8 incs just because the probability of the eta 8 fleets to show the tick after is so high. With added intel on when alliances launches their attacks (and thats not hard to provide either) this also gives defenders advantages.
You sound like prelaunched def is some kind of every day habit. If you actually have any decent number of incomings, you shouldnt even be thinking about wasting that fleet slot. Prelaunched def has its use, and thats in preventing fleetcatches.

edit: I got predef against a fleet catch already in ND r12, so much for the "now as the cat is out of the bag"

Last edited by Hude; 6 Nov 2006 at 09:33.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 09:54   #103
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Prelaunch def has a variety of uses. I remember in round 15 i got 2 large ziks to send a lot of maras on prelaunch def vs. a prelaunched 1up group-attack. I assume they j'd before the tick they launched, and there was no defence, as we launched so close to the tick. When they landed that attack, we ended up stealing about 1 mllion + value.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 10:52   #104
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
Prelaunch def has a variety of uses. I remember in round 15 i got 2 large ziks to send a lot of maras on prelaunch def vs. a prelaunched 1up group-attack. I assume they j'd before the tick they launched, and there was no defence, as we launched so close to the tick. When they landed that attack, we ended up stealing about 1 mllion + value.
Yeah, works if you get a jgp on the planet few minutes before tick and the fleets have recently appeared there. Doesn't work for those 5-6 ticks earlier prelaunched ones.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 10:52   #105
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

The Wakey and Kargool show really underlines the points being made by some of the more articulate posters. If thats the standard of HC/officer, then it reflects on the standard of the Alliance.

But back on topic,

It is clear that the majority of current alliances have no idea as to how to fight a war. They are all happy just to do galaxy attacks and have a roid race. No Skill whatsoever.

Do any of the alliance out there actually no how to target another alliance ?

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 11:03   #106
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Im sure they know how to fight a war, they are probably afraid to go to war though. If they start a war they'll probably get overwhelmed by the other alliance and its little block, which in the end wont help the alliance at all.
So whats going on? like you said, a roidrace, untill its too late, like we've seen in round 11 and 12 and 13...and 14....and 15....and.. -_-

Personally I also agree with Chika's earlier in this topic, i doubt many actually care at all. I dont really see the point in 'being the best out of the 200' who still play this game active. Then again, who am I to judge

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 11:50   #107
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Timmy
It is clear that the majority of current alliances have no idea as to how to fight a war. They are all happy just to do galaxy attacks and have a roid race. No Skill whatsoever.

Do any of the alliance out there actually no how to target another alliance ?
you prolly failed to notice there are already wars going on at the top
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 12:33   #108
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAdm Thrawn
you prolly failed to notice there are already wars going on at the top
My gal had incoming from Omen and Angels today, and it was exactly like prestel said. Complete roid race, failed to cap anything off the EX members in our gal.

When you assume all you do is make an ass out of you
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 13:39   #109
Remo

Remo will become famous soon enoughRemo will become famous soon enough

I think that the reason to lack of defence in ally is because prelauches and xp. When there were no prelaunch option, I had to wake up in the middle of the night to lauch my attack fleets. At the same time i checked the needs of the ally defence and if I were under attack. Worst cases was to stay up couple of hours and then go to work tired as hell. Without roids there were no chance to be in top.

Atm when I get incs and if I don't get def it's not the end of the world. I just loose lots of roids and I just don't give a **** as long as my fleet stays intact, because I still have fair chance to get to my goals.

Importance of def has dropped. Ofc not loosing roids and not giving xp to enemy is fairly important, but to be honest theoritically player getting into top 100 by logging in twice a day is possible.

So where do we need alliance (besides getting def to FC's)

PS. pardon my english

Edit: adding some point to my post
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 15:34   #110
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Cant really say, i wasnt dc'ing much last round. Id like to point out that out of the top 10 defenders in Omen last round were 8 players from TGV.

For us this system works and have worked for a long time. Maybe now as the "cat is out of the bag" alliances will be abit more aware of it, but its a given fact, when the waves starts to pour in, you can actually send eta 9 defence the tick before on eta 8 incs just because the probability of the eta 8 fleets to show the tick after is so high. With added intel on when alliances launches their attacks (and thats not hard to provide either) this also gives defenders advantages.
reserving fleets for prelaunchers is the most retarded thing ive ever heard, regarding covering incommings, my god. Seriously what possessed you to do it, and what the hell made you think it was a valid tactic, it simply is the worst tactic i have ever heard
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 15:37   #111
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
tis a shame it wont work now with those mil scans, only if they have 2 fleetslots free, which is rarely the case
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 16:15   #112
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
tis a shame it wont work now with those mil scans, only if they have 2 fleetslots free, which is rarely the case
actually, with news scan you can still check at which eta the ships were launched. In the past i always checked with newsies if i wasn't sure about the defence sent. In NitinA's example i guess its just a thing the attackers either didn't think of or were confident that it didn't happen.
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 16:35   #113
Ka`Dargo

Ka`Dargo is an unknown quantity at this point

ok. i playd PA rnd 1-8 and then i went of to play SS for 10 rounds, and now im back.
tbh, with the larger playerbase there is in PA, im quite suprised of the noobidity in the game. doing a BC job is quite simple, and quite easy with just using a smiple attackbot. and that nobody wants to take on eX is kinda wierd, as both Angel and/or Omen do have the power to take them on, though with the attacks going around now, maybe they arnt good enough. or just dont have enough BC's.

Ka`Dargo
Ka`Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 17:39   #114
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
When you assume all you do is make an ass out of you
what do you mean with assume? I know there are wars going on as Im taking part in them
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 17:46   #115
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
what do you mean with assume? I know there are wars going on as Im taking part in them

A war would show roid loses/gains from the major alliances. The only people I can see losing roids are two alliances who look like they are about to merge, and alliances much further down the food chain. That is not a war.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 18:12   #116
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Why cant someone get George W. Bush to play pa and lead an ally.
There will surely be wars all over the universe!

I AM A WAR-PRESIDENT \o/

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 19:06   #117
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
so what are these wars your taking part in care to name the alliances involved

or have you confused galaxy raids with actual inter-alliance wars

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 23:24   #118
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
We didnt launch 13 waves on any planet so kindly stfu with your lies and propaganda. If they had a lot of roids they may have got 3 waves from us, most planets get 1 or 2 waves.

The only time they may get more than 3 fleets from us is if they are being fleet caught and tbh they then deserve it as they have attacked us first.

As for prelaunched, yes some of our members use them. We have a varied membership base from different countries and different real life commitnebts. These factors mean that while it would be great to have everyone launching live its not that viable and to expect everyone to be able to get online within the 3 tick window and we would rather have everyobe involved and not just the same handful.

Does that put us at a slight dissadvatage, yes the galxies we attack are largely at the higher end and are active enough to get jpg scans run so they can have an idea whats coming BUT you dont know when they are coming and what else will be launched so its not as much of a problem as seems. And its actually pretty funny how those who come and 'laugh' at our prelaunches often find themselves well in the top10 roided galaxies with our roid gains being really good for a tactic that people think is so weak. No matter how the attack happens you have to have the ships available to you to defend when it launched so it doesnt matter if they know its coming or not

Firstly i didnt say anything about 13 waves and were was it in the thread that i was laughing? so please refraim from telling me to stfu
Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 00:00   #119
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsGrowl
Firstly i didnt say anything about 13 waves and were was it in the thread that i was laughing? so please refraim from telling me to stfu
But you agreed with Rinoa when he claimed to have seen 13 waves on a 300 roid planet.

If your point was that f-crew members prelaunch then i really don't see what your point is, the features there to be used if necessary.

But you obviously felt the need to jump on the 'f-crew are noobs that use prelaunch lolz!!!' bandwagon.

Quote:
were was it in the thread that i was laughing?
Quote:
lol
There

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 01:32   #120
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
But you agreed with Rinoa when he claimed to have seen 13 waves on a 300 roid planet.
During the rounds which I've played as an active planet during PAX, I've seen F-Crew more or less with confirmation send more than the proclaimed 4 waves on a single planet. I'd say, it's not about F-Crew agenda restricting waves into four per planet, but the ability of F-Crew to control their members from launching more than four waves per planet.

This might just be an uneducated guess though, but I've seen even alliances like eXilition hit more waves on planets than their staff would "allow" them to.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 04:26   #121
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
During the rounds which I've played as an active planet during PAX, I've seen F-Crew more or less with confirmation send more than the proclaimed 4 waves on a single planet. I'd say, it's not about F-Crew agenda restricting waves into four per planet, but the ability of F-Crew to control their members from launching more than four waves per planet.

This might just be an uneducated guess though, but I've seen even alliances like eXilition hit more waves on planets than their staff would "allow" them to.
Undoubtedly we have members who feel the need to launch more than the alloted three slots on a planet on a normal attack, and when their discovered their reprimanded and watched carefully in future.

It's one of the reasons why wakey always asks for co-ords when people make claims against us in such circumstances, so that we can prevent it from happening as it's really not in our or their benefit for them to take place.

But to claim that 13 waves were launched on a planet is a bit excessive and unlikely, especially considering that those making the claims seem unable to provide any information regarding the incidents.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 09:55   #122
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
For ME this system works and have worked for a long time. Maybe now as the "cat is out of the bag" alliances will be abit more aware of it, but its a given fact, when the waves starts to pour in, you can actually send eta 9 defence the tick before on eta 8 incs just because the probability of the eta 8 fleets to show the tick after is so high. With added intel on when alliances launches their attacks (and thats not hard to provide either) this also gives defenders advantages.
Edited for clarity.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 09:57   #123
GrandAdm Thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
so what are these wars your taking part in care to name the alliances involved

or have you confused galaxy raids with actual inter-alliance wars
ToF and ND, although this might be talking about the past now - not so sure about if its still in place
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 14:02   #124
Shadow

Shadow has a spectacular aura aboutShadow has a spectacular aura aboutShadow has a spectacular aura about

I haven't read all of this thread but so far I have read is people complaining about orders from high command and mercenary's. This is my first round I play and don't know much about it and i'm still learning. Things that i have seen is that members dont take orders from there commanders without getting punished for it. Exilition is doing the best I think, they have members they can control other alliances don't have control of all there members or don't even know what there members are doing. I have no experience in BC/HC but I have experience managing and there is 1 most important thing and that is to know what your workers can and do. When you lose control of them you can get in really big trouble.

I am trying to say it is best to start with a small group of members you know they are loyal and follow orders, then expand with new members. And not with 15-20 at 1 time but small groups and put them on a trail bases, don't follow orders? then get punished.

And merceneries can be handy but if alliance would work together they should simply combine power and destroy them.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 14:17   #125
Shadow

Shadow has a spectacular aura aboutShadow has a spectacular aura aboutShadow has a spectacular aura about

or perhaps there should be a system i have seen in a other game (warcraft 3)

there is a clan based on rank, chieftain(leader could be HC), shaman(semi-leaders recruitment handling members etc, BC/DC), grunt (members that have been proven loyal and good members) and peon (newest members that still have to be proven loyal and good members)

i think a similiar system would be nice in PA aswell

for example:
HC: general
BC: major
DC: kaptain
elite members: sergeant
normal members: soldiers
new members: private

just to give an example of what i am trying to say
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 15:13   #126
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
You sound like prelaunched def is some kind of every day habit. If you actually have any decent number of incomings, you shouldnt even be thinking about wasting that fleet slot. Prelaunched def has its use, and thats in preventing fleetcatches.

edit: I got predef against a fleet catch already in ND r12, so much for the "now as the cat is out of the bag"
Remember who spents hours organising that shit Mr Hude
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 15:19   #127
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I used prelaunched def just last night. All worked out amazingly well! Thanks Kargool <3
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote