User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 5 Nov 2006, 06:56   #1
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Closed Planets

While looking for targets I keep running across closed planets. I waste resources on scans on planets I cannot attack.

Would it be possible to make closed planets unscannable so that instead of wasting resources on a planet that cannot be attacked we get a generic message like "The target planet is closed and cannot be scanned."

Also some kind of indicator around the planet name would be helpful. such as Farm of {Cheaters} so that people could indentify closed planets more easily.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 07:15   #2
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice
Re: Closed Planets

There are times when someone has inc before they get closed though, so the attackers would get ****ed. There should be like a thing that says "The current planet is closed, are you sure you would like to scan him?" instead so it tells you that it's closed and if you still want to scan him you can.
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 10:04   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
There are times when someone has inc before they get closed though, so the attackers would get ****ed. There should be like a thing that says "The current planet is closed, are you sure you would like to scan him?" instead so it tells you that it's closed and if you still want to scan him you can.
Indeed, this is a better approach for the above reasons. Also, keep in mind that not all closed planets are closed forever; sometimes they are just frozen during the course of an investigation. These planets could potentially be up and active again in very short order, so thus there is some use to having scans of these planets available beforehand (especially in the case of in-gal def and the like), and/or the closed planet has sent defence elsewhere.

As such, a manual override whereby "I want to scan anyway!!11" might be a better way.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 23:40   #4
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
As such, a manual override whereby "I want to scan anyway!!11" might be a better way.
I could use something like that. It gives you a warning before blowing your resources on a planet you cannot launch on.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 01:51   #5
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

Most planets that are closed, stay closed.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 10:38   #6
rain

rain can only hope to improve

I spent a lot of respurces scanning closed planets. I demand a REFUND!
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 13:03   #7
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

You're retired rain, shut up !
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 14:54   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
then ppl who scan them should get their resources back and scans cancelled

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 15:33   #9
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
This is not germane to the topic at hand.

They want to save res - and its an easy fix, which helps everyone. Let's do it.
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 16:28   #10
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Barrow speaks the truth
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 22:27   #11
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

Barrow, I was replying to Soveh's post about frozen planets. And I don't see any reason why scans shouldn't be blocked on closed planets with a little message stating the planet has been closed. I was a scanner for five rounds. I know how annoying it is to waste funds.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 23:36   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I like it.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 00:17   #13
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Now all they need to do is not reopen farmers !