User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 Jun 2009, 11:18   #101
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 32 Predictions?

If you come to Bucharest I predict I'll out-drink you until 4 am or so!
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 12:04   #102
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, not going to either Romania or Lithuania for obvious reasons
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 12:24   #103
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Who said we're not going to win?
Fixed that for you.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 14:33   #104
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
what happens to the players that have been kicked from ascendancy? i recall a few asc posters saying that if they ever had to leave they would just quit the game....
Yeah, I've had a couple PMs to that effect.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 14:42   #105
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road

Hippler wins.
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Sonnenbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2009, 12:57   #106
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Damn D:

I no longer have an evil fascist regime on which to vent my pure hatred, oh well
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 09:28   #107
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree View Post
So, not meaning to drag up old grievances, but if Asc are a 40 member "BG" does that mean they should be killed for not attempting to win the round and fill a tag?
We're playing to keep on trucking until the end of the round, which gives us a chance of winning or at least a chance to be a real factor at the end of the round if we're going back to the ways of raking the bottom of the top 10.

We have the politicians, stats and quality of player to achieve that; the BGs didn't and we certainly won't be entering fights where bigger alliances can afford to pick us off one by one and take advantage of our smallness. What amused is the totally one dimensional suicidal tactics of the BGs. They pretty much decided they didn't want to be a factor in the endgame by going after one alliance, which left them open to picked off one by one and simply swamped due to a low defence pool. Never mind the fact they were trying to protect themselves and got so horrifically burned I'd describe their politics as some of the most predictable and self-destructive I've seen. Size was never the issue; it was the way many of you were playing in the context of that size. DLR's position of r30 or SPOOOOON's of last round made way more sense.

Looking at your situation you've got at least two quality BG's cobbled together who will do almost anything to let their mates win. Your problem is going to be holding it together when elviz and cardinal start splitting hairs over planet ranks. You've certainly got the forces to win this round but I don't envy the challenge you have of getting this 'Apprime' over the finishing line (although it should be possible). It is a nice political hook for people to consider later in the round though.

Last edited by lokken; 27 Jun 2009 at 09:36.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 10:29   #108
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

Imho, you are only doing this BG thing now, because you know if Asc had a full tag everyone would be gunning for you. And not let you get away with it like last round.

A smart move, in a round where the other BGs have gone back to big alliances. But a move made for one thing, to save your own skins. Giving up one round of being the clear winner, to get some credit back from the community.

Altho SPOOOON was indeed great last round, it only takes 2 nights of heavy incs to roid us to the ground. Sometimes it doesnt matter how much you try to avoid fighting the utterly gay #1, they see roids, and they get hungry.

I sincerely hope the same thing happens to asc this round, and imo you have it easy with a 70 member limit vs 40+ in asc as opposed to 90 vs 30. If only to make sure that everyone who played last round in a BG remembers.
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 10:39   #109
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Im sure asc will not and will not be allowed to avoid fighting; how is it we get such flack for everything we do, are ppl not pleased we wont dominate for a round so 'normal' politics can resume?

Saving our own skins?? from what, a gangbang?? we have survived plenty of those, and even if we lose to one, well there aint no shame in it, and really even if it was shameful Asc doesn't exactly have a great reputation to protect does it?
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 10:45   #110
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo View Post
Imho, you are only doing this BG thing now, because you know if Asc had a full tag everyone would be gunning for you. And not let you get away with it like last round.
Yeah not buying that arguement, it's been like that the last 5 rounds, tends to get boring when you keep winning dispite having more or less the whole uni against you. There were calls (even in asc) for us to disband for the good of the game, now that we've cut down numbers there is whine and accusations about that too

I don't see why a #1 alliance shouldn't attack a roidfat bg, provided they aren't fighting any wars. DLR in r30 was left alone by the biggest alliances (except CT) despite being top on average roids for ages, last round the bg's were not in the same political position thus they foiled early.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 10:46   #111
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

A smart move, in a round where the other BGs have gone back to big alliances. But a move made for one thing, to save your own skins. Giving up one round of being the clear winner, to get some credit back from the community.
But this clearly isn't the case as the current situation is purely down to a few senior players' frustrations as to the way we were playing. There were certainly a good number of those in Ascendancy last round not fit to wear the shirt, and some who I think were plain unlucky to be removed.

Our clear concern is playing planetarion in a way that we see as competent, with players who are tough opponents, but fair ones. The only public image issue is that while there are people who plainly dislike us, coming across well to the community (particularly on here) is also important to us. If we were being 'strategic' we'd probably have a stronger complement than we do now; I see this as simply a bit of good housekeeping. If we end up not winning, so what - we don't become bad players because of one round. On the other hand that doesn't mean we're going to pass up opportunities to win either.

Quote:
Altho SPOOOON was indeed great last round, it only takes 2 nights of heavy incs to roid us to the ground. Sometimes it doesnt matter how much you try to avoid fighting the utterly gay #1, they see roids, and they get hungry.

I sincerely hope the same thing happens to asc this round, and imo you have it easy with a 70 member limit vs 40+ in asc as opposed to 90 vs 30. If only to make sure that everyone who played last round in a BG remembers.
Well I don't think you were perfect by any means but you were certainly playing in a way that was logical. If there was one flaw it was that you didn't get involved enough in trying to make it an Ascendancy against xVx fight. Persuading the BGs or whoever to be a bit more savvy and willing to switch sides keeps you far more safe in that situation because Ascendancy and xVx are far more concerned with each other.

As for the numbers issue, we had lots of people going one ship class which made the situation really bad with being outnumbered. The current stats should mitigate that a lot. I think the stats favoured the BGs last round quite handsomely by the way, as beyond 'swamp Ascendancy' they couldn't think of anything that was particularly out of this world. They clearly favoured a certain limited way of playing which gave us (and everyone else) less chance to be a bit more inventive. Last round was just a who had more than who game, and I think we can have better rounds than that. So numbers will be less of a factor, but I'll state again: if you set up your politics to make those kind of numbers exist with the game as it was you have to question your strategy. I certainly questioned Ascendancy's when we had 400 planets against us.

Last edited by lokken; 27 Jun 2009 at 19:55.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 11:16   #112
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:

I'm kinda out of the loop the past month. What evil thing/s did they do to the community? I mean, to the extent of trying to do such a move, to gain the credit back, i'm guessing they probably messed up big time.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 14:10   #113
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

They won 4 rounds in a row, which is an unprecedented level of evil and is killing Planetarion!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 19:44   #114
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Goodluck asc wish you all the best, I'm happy you won last round you deserved it. Look forward to seeing how asc do after there house keeping, I'm sure they will be great as usual.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 20:26   #115
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

whichever alliance recruits me will win. True story.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 11:34   #116
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

I don´t think Ascendancy are playing "BG style" on purpose this round.
jester didn´t like the way things were developing, so he decided to clean the mess he saw.
My prediction for Ascendancy is simple: They´ll play the game as they always used to do, even if they don´t start with a full tag, they´ll fill it up with quality people when they appear, and go for the win if there is a more or less realistic chance to get the top spot.
It´s as simple as this.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 11:53   #117
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I aint that simple at all since there really is no way to have a full tag so long as munin is limited to 71 ppl since some furniture is sacred.
But in principle yes its not a purposeful aim to be a BG, the limit is there so we dont just invite everybody booted out straight back in, thus canceling out the purge.
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 12:34   #118
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Last round we had people in Ascendancy who weren't intag. I think this round we should have people intag who aren't in Ascendancy.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 12:37   #119
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
I aint that simple at all since there really is no way to have a full tag so long as munin is limited to 71 ppl since some furniture is sacred.
But in principle yes its not a purposeful aim to be a BG, the limit is there so we dont just invite everybody booted out straight back in, thus canceling out the purge.
Just kick RR
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 12:40   #120
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Last round we had people in Ascendancy who weren't intag. I think this round we should have people intag who aren't in Ascendancy.
The idea has a certain symmetry
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 12:43   #121
rUl3r

Quote:
Don´t underestimate some furniture as late starters. I´m pretty confident even with furniture and scanners Asc can maintain 60 well scoring planets for competition (though I can´t recall the exact number of furniture members, I think there are not too many to force Asc into BG size concerning the tag).

Due to the drop of the tag limit, there won´t be such a large gap as in previous rounds between competetive tags, as even a completely full tag holds only 10 planets more than any other in the top score race.
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 14:21   #122
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Don´t underestimate some furniture as late starters.
Its summer man; Im pretty confident its not the time for ppl like RR|away to turn up as Heroes and save the day.
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 19:42   #123
rUl3r

Quote:
Its summer man; Im pretty confident its not the time for ppl like RR|away to turn up as Heroes and save the day.
I admit you might be right there.
However, the point I was trying to make is basically nobody should underestimate Ascendancy, as history shows they´ve often started with a small tag but went for top in the end.
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 22:31   #124
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

So, when does the gangbanging start?
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 23:09   #125
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa View Post
So, when does the gangbanging start?
Hopefully soon!
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 23:41   #126
lokken
BlueTuba

I'm baffled as to why the focus is on Ascendancy
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 23:52   #127
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
because everyone's seen this stunt before, probably, just speculating though!
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 00:27   #128
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Asc has said they arnt playing fully before, even gone into the round without a full tag before. However, each time they end up coming into contention to winning and end up winning (either through luck, brute strength or politically). It will take a round of them actually not playing fully and losing, before people believe it.

As VenoX said.. the community just doesnt trust Asc anymore, it may be true that they arnt at full strength and have no real chance at winning the round but that really doesnt matter. As if it is true, then the community will just switch targets after they realise it.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 01:21   #129
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm not getting why people are calling this a stunt. Ascendancy purged many members and won't be as strong as before (round 30 and even last round) but they're still going to be better than the big piles of epic fail contending for the win.
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 03:36   #130
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

I trust asc there an honourable alliance, they usually always do what they say they gunna do.

The alliances in this game complained about there members numbers so they purged alot, true it sounds more cause they personally weren't happy with what they had.

Now there smaller you guys bitch about them still, why dont you give it a rest for god sake. I forget problems that occur from round to round, but if I didn't I would be more miffed on xvx's stupid actions or the fact that xvx ruined there pretty good name by allowing cardinal even to grace there presence.

Asc have admitted they not planning anything major if they see an opportunity to win they will go for it like any alliance would.

Just cause they see an opportunity you think they have to lose for people to trust them, i'm pretty sure theres a few alliances including myself who trust asc fully for keeping word.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 04:18   #131
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
I'm not getting why people are calling this a stunt. Ascendancy purged many members and won't be as strong as before (round 30 and even last round) but they're still going to be better than the big piles of epic fail contending for the win.
I think those "piles of fail" are gonna surprise you. There are so many good players *not* in ASC -- more then in a long time. I think this round will see a very balanced 3 or 4 allies contesting for the top spot. Seems pretty balanced amongst the top tiers this round.

Military might will perhaps have a chance to win over politics.. (it's a nice dream anyway.)
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 05:55   #132
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
I think those "piles of fail" are gonna surprise you. There are so many good players *not* in ASC -- more then in a long time. I think this round will see a very balanced 3 or 4 allies contesting for the top spot. Seems pretty balanced amongst the top tiers this round.

Military might will perhaps have a chance to win over politics.. (it's a nice dream anyway.)
I predict that no Xan is t50.
I predict no ETD is in the t100.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 08:24   #133
rUl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Asc has said they arnt playing fully before, even gone into the round without a full tag before. However, each time they end up coming into contention to winning and end up winning (either through luck, brute strength or politically). It will take a round of them actually not playing fully and losing, before people believe it.

As VenoX said.. the community just doesnt trust Asc anymore, it may be true that they arnt at full strength and have no real chance at winning the round but that really doesnt matter. As if it is true, then the community will just switch targets after they realise it.
It´s partially a matter of how you define "playing for full". I think r28 and r30 might be examples of playing for full from start on. Many other rounds Asc took a chilled start and things just developed from there.
To me, this isn´t about trusting Asc statements. In my experience, people express pretty much exactly what they think most of the time, it´s just a matter of fact Asc does not turn down a chance of winning if there is one. Not like they can be blamed for this.

*edit: round numbers typo*
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 09:09   #134
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only rounds we've had a full tag from pretty much the start of the round were r28 and r31, and even r28 I don't think it was full from the very beginning. Round 30 we only started with like 60 people and then recruited the rest during the round. This round is the first round where we basically can't get a full tag, which is slightly different. Nonetheless we're perfectly capable of winning. I'd be rather surprised if everyone genuinely thought we were the alliance most likely to win the round though. As reese says it's hardly like we've got every good player playing pa this round or something.

To pre-empt the inevitable spasticness "yes, you're right. Your alliance is so bad even with artificial limits on ascendancy and half of us being cov-oppers we'll still win. Why did you even sign up? Better get like every alliance in the game involved to attack us or it'll be over by pt 100!"

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 29 Jun 2009 at 09:14.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 09:20   #135
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
i predict this thread will be hijacked and become the Asc thread before page 4.
so far my prediction is ringing true.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 09:21   #136
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How surprising that a thread about the most likely winners of round 32 would be at least partly about the alliance that won r28, 29, 30 and 31.
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 09:23   #137
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
How surprising that a thread about the most likely winners of round 32 would be at least partly about the alliance that won r28, 29, 30 and 31.
I wasn't aware that this was the R32 likely winners prediction thread. I thought it was predictions in general. My sincerest apologies.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 09:40   #138
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
I wasn't aware that this was the R32 likely winners prediction thread. I thought it was predictions in general. My sincerest apologies.
That's alright. It's quite understandable that you'd think people are actually interested to see who comes #7 as opposed to #8.
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 10:09   #139
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I predict that no Xan is t50.
I predict no ETD is in the t100.
I reckon you can reverse that prediction to no xan top 100 and no etd top 50
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 10:55   #140
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
That's alright. It's quite understandable that you'd think people are actually interested to see who comes #7 as opposed to #8.
then you obviously don't understand.

Unread 29 Jun 2009, 13:23   #141
rUl3r

Quote:
The only rounds we've had a full tag from pretty much the start of the round were r28 and r31, and even r28 I don't think it was full from the very beginning. Round 30 we only started with like 60 people and then recruited the rest during the round. This round is the first round where we basically can't get a full tag, which is slightly different. Nonetheless we're perfectly capable of winning. I'd be rather surprised if everyone genuinely thought we were the alliance most likely to win the round though. As reese says it's hardly like we've got every good player playing pa this round or something.

To pre-empt the inevitable spasticness "yes, you're right. Your alliance is so bad even with artificial limits on ascendancy and half of us being cov-oppers we'll still win. Why did you even sign up? Better get like every alliance in the game involved to attack us or it'll be over by pt 100!"
I didn´t say Ascendancy is going to single-handedly own the round. I don´t think so at all. I´m merely trying to hammer into peoples heads that Asc won´t play BG style on purpose, and should never be underestimated in general due to the way it works and the potential it keeps.
There should be a good competition overall this round, I´m not too curious about Asc tbh, more about the likes of ND and CT and of course any new alliance.
I never understand the whining and hatred towards Ascendancy on the boards, yes, they are usually strong, yes, the road to #1 often went right through their turf, but (except maybe for the pure demonstration of power in round 28) they hardly won a round all alone without contribution of various factors (like enemy stupidity). The only thing that has been pretty much proven lately is that just focusing on Asc in some sort of vendetta won´t help.

As to rankings predictions, I honestly don´t know, since I can´t seriously judge the strength of several groups.
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 13:57   #142
lokken
BlueTuba

I think the main point is that focussing analysis on asc when there are a number of alliances, particularly apprime, that are better set up to win is just misleading. Yeah we can win but this thread reads more about people not trusting themselves to be competent rather than anything to do with us. Apprime are best placed to dominate yet for some reason their position along with other alliances dont seem to be discussed.
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 14:28   #143
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How many of the last few rounds have we been saying that we weren't best placed to win? How many of the last few rounds have other people say we were best placed to win? And how many of those rounds have we won? I totally understand what people are coming from when they refuse to trust the Ascendancy Forum Squad.

That said, there's more to PA than reading what Ascendancy members are saying on AD and believing the exact opposite. Facts are always more trustworthy than opinions, especially when those opinions are voiced by people who have something to gain if they lied (regardless of which side they're on, regardless of whether or not they actually do lie).

So go out there and figure out your stance based on the facts alone, rather than going to AD and basing it on the opinions of a noisy few (be they Ascendancy or otherwise).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 29 Jun 2009 at 18:19. Reason: typo
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 17:46   #144
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

It'll become pretty clear very soon who the leading alliances are, people can choose to bash on asc for a while but I'm sure they'll realise its not the best place to focus on!

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 18:01   #145
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
It'll become pretty clear very soon who the leading alliances are, people can choose to bash on asc for a while but I'm sure they'll realise its not the best place to focus on!
At least one thing you guys improved over last rounds 'we'll own everyone easily'
Tho tbh you're overselling it a bit.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 18:21   #146
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

actually i think you will find it was mainly the non-asc's saying Ascendancy would "own everyone easily"...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 20:59   #147
rUl3r

Talking Re: Round 32 Predictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
actually i think you will find it was mainly the non-asc's saying Ascendancy would "own everyone easily"...
Correct. I think most posts saying "Asc will own" came from outside Ascendancy. This was broadly percieved as "playing down the chances", but I can honestly say I´ve been surprised by the performance of Asc several times (lately r31). That said, I was Asc, and didn´t believe in a roundwin at several times and got proven wrong.

It´s a matter of perception. Of course Asc is believed to be still strong, and no doubt they got a word to say, but it´s likely that after the cleanup they won´t be overly dominating. Their planet number is quite lower than before, and alot of quality players formerly gathered in Ascendancy are now spread out a bit more, forming parts of the core of several new allies.

I´m probably most curious about CT and ND in the upcoming round, probably because it´s more interesting to watch their struggle after so many rounds then wonder about allies I have absolutely no clue about as they´re completely new
Unread 30 Jun 2009, 00:01   #148
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
How many of the last few rounds have we been saying that we weren't best placed to win? How many of the last few rounds have other people say we were best placed to win? And how many of those rounds have we won? I totally understand what people are coming from when they refuse to trust the Ascendancy Forum Squad.
Quote:
So go out there and figure out your stance based on the facts alone, rather than going to AD and basing it on the opinions of a noisy few (be they Ascendancy or otherwise).
Could you explain how these correlate please because I'm not really seeing the connection. Either they're going to be objective or just automatically mistrust people regardless of their post content because Ascendancy keep winning due to levels of play (catastrophically good/bad) that no one can possibly have accounted for or genuinely predicted.

But let's look at trust anyway for shits and giggles:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light

Really, I think people are confusing trustworthiness with losing. Winning happens for a number of reasons and if you think a bad decision by xVx HC in r31 or an exquisite Ascendancy performance in r30 or massive political vulnerability in our enemies were foreseeable by anyone and that by not predicting that makes Ascendancy's assessment of the situation dishonest, well I think this post is a little bit beyond you really.

I mean really, can we just cut through the shite and just say "I don't want Ascendancy to win" so I don't have to suffer terrible logic?
Unread 30 Jun 2009, 01:16   #149
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Could you explain how these correlate please because I'm not really seeing the connection. Either they're going to be objective or just automatically mistrust people regardless of their post content because Ascendancy keep winning due to levels of play (catastrophically good/bad) that no one can possibly have accounted for or genuinely predicted.
I don't understand the question. :\
Unread 30 Jun 2009, 06:47   #150
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
As VenoX said.. the community just doesnt trust Asc anymore, it may be true that they arnt at full strength and have no real chance at winning the round but that really doesnt matter.
In my honest opinion, the community shouldn't trust bad leadership anymore. :/

It's pretty easy to say that Ascendancy is not trustworthy, because of failing to lose (lol), while you were shit.

Last edited by ricoshay; 30 Jun 2009 at 07:47.
ricoshay is offline   Reply With Quote