User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 19 Nov 2008, 18:18   #1
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold
Cluster 200 ftw?

How many others will be going to c200 with massive roid counts?
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2008, 18:21   #2
Henrik

Henrik is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cluster 200 ftw?

Well, i guess every1 getting past 1900 roids will do the same...

Thanks PA team, your going to ruin the game once again by letting people exploit it, and the worst part is you guys don't see it as exploit.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2008, 18:28   #3
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

it will cost em alot to exile somewhere decent; or a lot of fairly average but active players in good gals will suddenly get the boot.
/me worries about his own position t200 ftl!
Unread 19 Nov 2008, 18:42   #4
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

This is insane, clearly an exploit that needs to be fixed.. Otherwise people will start using it for all sorts of things.. 'vacations' etc, or if someone gets high enough to win as long as they dont get roided.. not too hard! Totally not with the essence of the game in my eyes..

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2008, 18:43   #5
Henrik

Henrik is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i discussed it with #support they dont see it as an exploit cuz he cant build or get XP...

But i guess they can't see the value aspect of it.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2008, 18:47   #6
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

if using vacation mode to hide from incomings then how can not running to c200?
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2008, 23:38   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

omb is using ingame features to get an ingame advantage. You can all do the same if you so wish. Just because you choose not to doesn't make it cheating. Furthermore, the fact that the multihunters have signed off on this definitely makes it legit.

In any case, I don't see this strategy paying off. Sure, he'll get safe income for the next 2 nights, but by then his roid lead (which isn't all that big) will be gone, at which point staying longer will just hurt him (especially considering he won't be doing research and construction). When he logs in again he'll be placed in a random galaxy, there's a good chance it'll be crap. The only way he's going to survive the community's response is by exiling into a good galaxy, which can cost him a lot of resources. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up using all the resources he gained in c200, just to get into a decent galaxy.

In my opinion, the risk is too high, and the payoff too small. I don't get what everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about.

That said, the disparity between vacation mode and c200 is a bit strange, since they amount to the same thing. It's probably a good idea to fix that, either by granting resources to planets in vacation mode, or by cutting off income to planets in c200. Personally, I prefer the first solution, as it opens up some fun options.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 00:44   #8
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

The best exploit is still to be closed by PA Team then reopened... just find a minor offence and get a friend to signal you to MH.
- you'll stay in your gal
- you'll keep your income while closed
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 04:56   #9
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

not like this is any new.
Heard quite some play with the idea before, but never done it because it was too risky and they didnt want to exile from the gal. GL to him with ending in a decent gal in the first exiles

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 08:58   #10
Memtok

Memtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura about

As one of his HC, I am aware of all the reasons Omb had for doing his exile to c200. In his case there are multiple reasons, many of which will probably NOT be applicable to all planets.

There have been instances in the past where "cover your butt" conversations with MH were held in hopes of providing an "excuse" to avoid closure, and the people seeking to do something "iffy" under the EULA would formulate their questions in such a way as to avoid fully exposing the intent of their strategy. As I had fears that Omb may not have fully presented his strategy to MH (because of his desire to use the c200 exile), I spoke with MH myself.

During my talk with MH, there were absolutely NO attempts to hide the intent of Omb's strategy (as I am sure Juicy will attest), so in this case it is 100% MH "approved". CT has always had, and will always have, the utmost concern about any "marginal" strategies our members may seek to use, but as this was cleared though MH we do not see it as "marginal".

I would like the universe to know that Omb's decision to exile to c200 does entail some unique requirements to his planet, and it is not something which would be widely "useful" to the entire universe.
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 09:04   #11
Memtok

Memtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That said, the disparity between vacation mode and c200 is a bit strange, since they amount to the same thing. It's probably a good idea to fix that, either by granting resources to planets in vacation mode, or by cutting off income to planets in c200. Personally, I prefer the first solution, as it opens up some fun options.
BTW Mzyxptlk, use of vacation mode to avoid incoming IS a censurable act per MH.

Reese was temporarily closed last round for it (although that closure was reversed because the 2nd time she did it she had no incoming threat).

so MH has explicitly ruled that vacation mode use to avoid incoming is a closable offense.
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 09:06   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memtok View Post
I would like the universe to know that Omb's decision to exile to c200 does entail some unique requirements to his planet, and it is not something which would be widely "useful" to the entire universe.
His reasoning does not really concern me. The only requirements there are for successfully pulling a move such as this off are being in a galaxy willing to exile you and having enough roids for it to pay off. Neither is hard to come by.

Quote:
BTW Mzyxptlk, use of vacation mode to avoid incoming IS a censurable act per MH.

Reese was temporarily closed last round for it (although that closure was reversed because the 2nd time she did it she had no incoming threat).

so MH has explicitly ruled that vacation mode use to avoid incoming is a closable offense.
Unfrortunately I cannot access the EULA from here (at work), but I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there about vacation mode abuse.

It is worth mentioning that closing someone for attempting to avoid incomings is a little... how shall we put it... retarded.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 09:32   #13
Memtok

You MAY be right re vacation mode.

I was mistaken- the issue with Reese involved use of the planet delete mode.

She was having some issues which led her to think aoubt quitting PA altogether. We in her galaxy convinced her to stay, but not until after she had set delete (with incomings expected), un-set it, then re-set it (without incoming being likely), and un-set it.

Reese's case was a situation of indecision on her part, but MH decided that it was an exploitation tool. Eventually MH re-opened her account though.

So MAYBE use of vacation mode isn't "against the EULA". Truth be known, I can't be arsed to look it up.

Please don't think I was trying to slag you in anyway, I just mis-recalled the events of last round.
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 10:09   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Please don't think I was trying to slag you in anyway
I wasn't under the impression you were.
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 20:11   #15
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

"My Reply is a purely personal opinion and in no way reflects of the official Planetarion support team"

That said it is clearly a very lame way to (not) play. I doubt very much his planet will land back in a decent galaxy, unless one of the real heavy CT gals exiles a lot of it's planets just to accomodate him.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2008, 20:37   #16
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Like wish said, old moves. I really dont see the problem. Most are gonna pass him in roidcount soon anyway.

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 00:40   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I like the move!
hope he exiles into a good gal, hides his res in prod - xp like hell and win!

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 01:57   #18
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

It is abuse for one simple reason:

The player in question premeditatively had his galaxy exile him in order to stay in C200 and exile with launched fleets or pre-launched fleets ready to go.

If an exile is the deliberate decision of the planet in question that planet ought to experience the same restrictions as self exile. That's why those restrictions are there. Otherwise the restrictions of self exile are pointless, and self exile should permit exactly the same actions as galaxy exile (C200 landing and launched or flying fleets).

IIRC the only reason for having C200 is to stop dead planets skipping indefinitely across the universe clogging up galaxies. It is not there for tactical purposes.

Having a planet from C200 not only accululating resources, but launching fleets and capping roids, and also being immune to hostile action of any sort is laughable. Nothing changes with the MH team. Learn to think things through, FFS.

Last edited by Furyous; 21 Nov 2008 at 02:06.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 02:05   #19
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
and exile with launched/pre-launched attacks ready to go.
You just make up stuff as you go don't you?

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 02:07   #20
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

It seems to me you guys are arguing over something when the outcome is unknown. This planet has decided to gamble to try and do well, personally I would rather play well, have good defense, and good attacks, and try and win that way. This strategy is high risk low reward. Wait till he comes out and see where he ends up before crying foul. It may turn out to be a stupid blunder, or it may turn out brilliant. Either way it'll be interesting!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 02:21   #21
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
It is abuse for one simple reason:

[/b]
whats that ONE simple reason?

Quote:
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 02:38   #22
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

i dont understand why an MH would consider closing a planet for vacation'ing himself out of incs

i'd much rather lose some roids then go 72 hours w/ no income

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 07:03   #23
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

yeah people have their knickers in a twist! but i guarantee you that had omb been a denial planet then there would be shouts of cheat! cheat!

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 07:52   #24
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel View Post
yeah people have their knickers in a twist! but i guarantee you that had omb been a denial planet then there would be shouts of cheat! cheat!
You mean... just like now? This whole victim routine Denial members seem to use on a regular basis is a bit tiresome.
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 08:32   #25
Memtok

Not EVERYONE is entirely anti-Denial...

When Reese had her closure issue last round, I stepped in to defend her strongly to MH, as did another (current) CT HC. In that case it appeared to us that Reese was tried more on "reputation" than actual fact, and was "convicted" before a true "pattern" was established. Eventually she WAS re-opened, and vindicated. Personally, I quite like Reese and many in Denial, and I think the whole "anti-Denial" bias thing is way over-played.

The reason why no one has any reason to cry "cheater" over this use of c200exile is that it was entirely cleared through MH BEFORE it was done. No prevarications, no half-thruths, no lies were told to "sell" it to MH. They got the straight dope, and gave a 100% ok to the c200 exile.

No matter what Denial (or any other alliance) may think, I know ANYTHING iffy done by a Denial planet would have my support, provided they cleared the same stringent standards we went through before this strategy was used. So it isn't aobut whether it is "fair" or "cheating"...MH has clearly ruled it IS fair.

Whether it is "smart", or whether it will end up the way Omb wants it too is the REAL question.
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 09:18   #26
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The reason why no one has any reason to cry "cheater" over this use of c200exile is that it was entirely cleared through MH BEFORE it was done. No prevarications, no half-thruths, no lies were told to "sell" it to MH. They got the straight dope, and gave a 100% ok to the c200 exile.
The problem with that is that MH's have proven that they are unable to be unbiased.
If for example an eXi planet would have come up with this idea and gone to the MH's with it, then 99% sure it wouldn't have been allowed by them in the first place.

When dealing with the MH's it all matters who you are, what group you belong to, how much they like you ...

It is easy to say when you join the MH team that you'll cut all alliance ties and be completly objective and unbiased, but a hard thing to do in reality.

When you have MH's like Spritfire that make regular appearances in ND priv channel, one begins to wonder if the cut alliance ties and unbiased actually means anything or if it's just something you say...

-P- USER: Spritfire ACCESS: 498 LU
-P- CHANNEL: #nd -- AUTOMODE: OP
-P- LAST SEEN: 1 day, 18:15:30 ago.
-P- End of access list

But hey, the PA admins, mh's, community, ... have always been a completly biased group of people so stuff like this doesn't even suprise me anymore.
It's actually quite funny

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 09:28   #27
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
When you have MH's like Spritfire that make regular appearances in ND priv channel, one begins to wonder if the cut alliance ties and unbiased actually means anything or if it's just something you say...

-P- USER: Spritfire ACCESS: 498 LU
-P- CHANNEL: #nd -- AUTOMODE: OP
-P- LAST SEEN: 1 day, 18:15:30 ago.
-P- End of access list
I can assure you Sprit doesnt make regular appearance in ND priv channels.

Actually, he hasnt been in the ND priv channels since he left to become a MH.

Don't just talk shit here, come up with some evidence to support it if you actually believe it.

Also, we don't use P, for the ND channels, I've been in nd forever, been hc several times, i dont got P access to a single ND chan except the one without bots in it.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 10:08   #28
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
I can assure you Sprit doesnt make regular appearance in ND priv channels.

Actually, he hasnt been in the ND priv channels since he left to become a MH.

Don't just talk shit here, come up with some evidence to support it if you actually believe it.

Also, we don't use P, for the ND channels, I've been in nd forever, been hc several times, i dont got P access to a single ND chan except the one without bots in it.
Evidence?

The great thing about P is that it does not lie.
If it says it saw Sprit in #nd then sprit was in #nd, and this is not the first time this round that P has said he was there, so I assume it are regular appearances.

Cutting alliance ties also means having no more access to the channels of your old alliances, so that's more "evidence" that he has not cut alliance ties as he is supposed to.

In fact what I posted should be enough evidence:
- He still has access in a newdawn private channel
- P tells us he has been in that private newdawn channel not too long ago

But yeh, I need evidence to support my claims, P vs your word, i wonder who is more trustworthy...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 10:17   #29
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

No, the P thing just says last time he logged on to P. Try to check it out.

[10:19] ***-P- USER: SteInMetz ACCESS: 100 LU
[10:19] ***-P- CHANNEL: #doesntmatter -- AUTOMODE: OP INVITE
[10:19] ***-P- LAST SEEN: 0 days, 00:00:18 ago.
[10:19] ***-P- End of access list

I just logged on, and didnt join the chan...

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 10:24   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Good job there VDM!
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 10:36   #31
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

About having yourself exiled to C200, i wish the player the best of luck (he will need it), since he takes grave risks.

It isnt forbidden, and why should it be? Searching my memory, i think that PA Team and/or Multihunters always have had the same policy: if you are using game features in an unexpected way, then you may, and next round it is coded out if PA Team considers the usage undesirable. If you abuse a BUG, it MAY be judged cheating, and might be treated as such (like the recall bug many many rounds ago)

And yes, you can probably find an example where PA Team acted differently, but this is the basic policy afaik
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 10:55   #32
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
No, the P thing just says last time he logged on to P. Try to check it out.

[10:19] ***-P- USER: SteInMetz ACCESS: 100 LU
[10:19] ***-P- CHANNEL: #doesntmatter -- AUTOMODE: OP INVITE
[10:19] ***-P- LAST SEEN: 0 days, 00:00:18 ago.
[10:19] ***-P- End of access list

I just logged on, and didnt join the chan...
Ok, didn't think about that so you got me there.
Still doesn't change the fact he still has acces in a ND priv channel as mh though.

Unread 21 Nov 2008, 11:35   #33
Memtok

Saying this decision was rendered with "bias" is a little insulting. Even implying it is.

I spoke to Juice because I didn't like the idea of this strategy. It struck me as wrong. I don't like it mainly because if EVERY top planet did it as soon as they got a big roid count, the game loses a lot. So if you consider that I spoke with MH having THAT mind-set about the strategy, it shouldn't be a big leap to realize I would not have cried crocodile tears if MH rejected its use.

In our conversations, Juice agreed with my thoughts, and initially REJECTED the strategy as a "cheat". I was NOT fussed over this at all, and even told Omb he was rejected, and not to do it. Omb would not have done it (as Omb DOES play by the rules), but he was a bit miffed aobut getting a rejection after working to set it up, plus having earlier indications it was "ok".

While I was telling Omb it was a "no go", Juice was in conference with OTHER MH. By the time I had informed Omb of the rejection, Juice replied to me that the other MH had, in fact, jointly ruled it was "ok".

Please note- I NEVER spoke to any MH about this, except Juice.

If both Juice and I were in agreement that this strategy does have potential detriment to the game, then how is it an excersise in "bias" when no other MH were asked to change their minds?

Slagging MH for bias when they had no reason for ruling as they did, beyond their ACTUAL views on this strategy, is not giving them the credit dude them for their hard work to "police" our game.

Are they "perfect"? Obviously no.

But in this case they ruled based upon their view of the entire situation, and if you consider that the CT HC speaking to them DIDN'T WANT the strategy approved, how can it be biased?

So my last word on this is: Omb satisfied VERY stringent ally requirements for MH approvals regarding his choice. He did EVERYTHING any player should be expected to ensure his move was within the game rules. CT's view is his strategy is 100% acceptable.

...claiming MH ruled on this from "bias" in just un-fair to them, and to CT/Omb.
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 13:41   #34
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Not EVERYONE is entirely anti-Denial...

When Reese had her closure issue last round, I stepped in to defend her strongly to MH, as did another (current) CT HC. In that case it appeared to us that Reese was tried more on "reputation" than actual fact, and was "convicted" before a true "pattern" was established. Eventually she WAS re-opened, and vindicated. Personally, I quite like Reese and many in Denial, and I think the whole "anti-Denial" bias thing is way over-played.
eeerrrrmmm I dont know who you are but this is so far off the truth I have to respond.
I will not go in to details of the case but let's keep it at "you are about 100% wrong on what happened in that case"

And if you care to discuss this with me you can find me in the channel where we MHs hang out.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 13:54   #35
Memtok

I spoke only on the impressions of myself, and Reese's other defender. Not impressions had by MH.

The only "facts" I stated, beyond the statement of our impressions, was that Reese was closed, and was re-opened.

Last edited by Memtok; 21 Nov 2008 at 14:01.
Memtok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 14:06   #36
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

I was more talking about your use of the word vindicated and that that part of your post didnt make it clear to me that it was your perception of the case.
#multihunters
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 14:24   #37
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
...claiming MH ruled on this from "bias" in just un-fair to them, and to CT/Omb.
If this had been asked by *random person we all hate*, then they would most likely have said no.
Hell, if *random person we all hate* did it then it would most likely be considered cheating or exploiting the game (which it is really, c200 is made to get dead planets out of the regular universe, not to hide with almost 2k roids & get some easy growth/res).

I'm not saying they're intentionally biased, just human nature to let a nice person get away with more than *random person we all hate*.

Omb is a nice guy btw and I wish him luck with his strategy

Unread 21 Nov 2008, 14:37   #38
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
If this had been asked by *random person we all hate*, then they would most likely have said no.
Hell, if *random person we all hate* did it then it would most likely be considered cheating or exploiting the game (which it is really, c200 is made to get dead planets out of the regular universe, not to hide with almost 2k roids & get some easy growth/res).

I'm not saying they're intentionally biased, just human nature to let a nice person get away with more than *random person we all hate*.

Omb is a nice guy btw and I wish him luck with his strategy
How wrong you are...show me in the rules where it says this isnt allowed.
And like remy said, "and next round it is coded out if PA Team considers the usage undesirable"

And for the biased part of your post....grow up m8, dont live in the past.
#multihunters
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 14:46   #39
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I dont see how allowing the top player to have full immunity for as long as he wants doesnt have a bad effect on the game?

It should clearly be against the rules.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 14:53   #40
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

VDM who do we all hate?
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 15:03   #41
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I dont see how allowing the top player to have full immunity for as long as he wants doesnt have a bad effect on the game?

what exactly are you saying is against the rules here?

being immune as the top planet? he followed the right protocol to get where he is right now, his rank shouldnt have anything to do with it

Quote:
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 15:09   #42
williams

williams is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally agree, i can says allot of things but its bad for the game, there goes another 50 members, and we already have so few left! Oh well Planetarion survived to long anyway already

Greetz
Williams
(have been everything, everywhere) (well except denial but thats out of the question offcourse)
williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 15:11   #43
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
How wrong you are...show me in the rules where it says this isnt allowed.
And like remy said, "and next round it is coded out if PA Team considers the usage undesirable"
So, it isn't in the rules, who cares?
There have been examples in the past where rules were introduced midround to stop what was seen as an exploit/cheat/undesirable effect.

Fact is, he's using c200 in a which is not its intended purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
And for the biased part of your post....grow up m8, dont live in the past.
Yeh, exactly, I should stop living in the past and posting that will make all the mistakes / bad calls / ... the MH's have ever made go away like *pooof*.

The situation we have now is another perfect example of why alot of people have a bad opinion about the MH-team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa View Post
VDM who do we all hate?
Well, definetly not you!
We all <3 OlaTa! (thinking of starting an ally named that)

Unread 21 Nov 2008, 15:17   #44
stay_posi
optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams View Post
there goes another 50 members, and we already have so few left! Oh well Planetarion survived to long anyway already

yes im sure 50 people will leave each day because youre all too shit to overtake a planet that hasnt even been logged into for over 24 hours

gj williams

Quote:
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 16:04   #45
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Yeh, exactly, I should stop living in the past and posting that will make all the mistakes / bad calls / ... the MH's have ever made go away like *pooof*.
So a ****up by spinner in the past you blame appoco for too ? as in your words all that happened in the past is to blame on the current ppl too.

Quote:
The situation we have now is another perfect example of why alot of people have a bad opinion about the MH-team
The situation we have now has nothing to do with the MH's since according to the rules there is nothing against this so a MH cant close someone for this.
IF this should change the PA team will have to make or a rule against it or code a rule in to the game.
#multihunters
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 17:18   #46
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

How does it have a bad effect on the game? Why should it be against the rules? Can you provide any reasons?

You can also do the same as he. He can't have the immunity for too long anyway, and it will most likely do more harm than good to his planet. (He can't do res/const and he may have to spend alot of resources to get into decent galaxy)

He is just taking a risk. As it's been said previously in this thread.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 17:30   #47
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
See, that's not how it works. If you think something is a bad idea, the idea is that you give reasons for it. Not that you ask people who disagree to think them up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa View Post
VDM who do we all hate?
Were you giving the answer to your own question there?
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 18:50   #48
Paril-Se7en
6th Master

Paril-Se7en is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the only change that needs to occur is to stop the resource gathering for those in the c200 galaxy.

If they can't be bothered to log back in reset their planet in a galaxy they should not be getting resources. (in my opinion)
I don't think this is an unreasonable tweak/suggestion.

This would solve the issue and I think almost everyone would be satisfied with it. Ideally I would like to see this implemented ASAP but I can see it coming into effect next round.

Reasons for stopping all resource collecting in the C200:
(please add when yyou think of some more, be critical and give examples)

1) This will make people use the vacation mode instead of using exile and going on vacation. The vacation mode was integrated for a reason and includes no resource collection. This c200 thing defeats the purpose of even having it.

2) The prupose of the 200c is to gather the inactives and unwanted until they log back in where they are sent back to normal galaxy status. It is not meant to hide from the universe and collect resources. Inappropriate use although not against the rules is still inappropriate.

3) It takes away from the game in terms of player support and morale. As several people know the older PA several years ago there were 10 times as many people playing. People play because they enjoy the game and when things like this happen people get upset and it is another reason for some people to stop playing. I am not saying that you will lose hundreds of players but it negativly affects the morale of the hard core PA players as well as the mediocre players who want to strive to be #1 and see loop holes happen like this.
Paril-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 19:50   #49
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paril-Se7en View Post
Reasons for stopping all resource collecting in the C200:
(please add when yyou think of some more, be critical and give examples)

1) This will make people use the vacation mode instead of using exile and going on vacation. The vacation mode was integrated for a reason and includes no resource collection. This c200 thing defeats the purpose of even having it.
No it doesn't. You can't stay in the galaxy when getting exiled to c200. Most people will choose vacation over it. Haven't you read the thread at all before replying to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paril-Se7en
2) Inappropriate use although not against the rules is still inappropriate.
Valid tactic IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paril-Se7en
3) It takes away from the game in terms of player support and morale. As several people know the older PA several years ago there were 10 times as many people playing. People play because they enjoy the game and when things like this happen people get upset and it is another reason for some people to stop playing. I am not saying that you will lose hundreds of players but it negativly affects the morale of the hard core PA players as well as the mediocre players who want to strive to be #1 and see loop holes happen like this.
I don't believe that's true.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2008, 22:01   #50
Paril-Se7en
6th Master

Paril-Se7en is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No it doesn't. You can't stay in the galaxy when getting exiled to c200. Most people will choose vacation over it. Haven't you read the thread at all before replying to it?
That is the drawback of going to c200. I thought it was implied but apparently everything should be spelt out. Please also quote anyone in this post who has said that they would rather go to vacation mode then c200 if you are going to use that reason as well. This should be critical, not personal attacks of not reading the posts before replying.

Quote:
Valid tactic IMO
I did not say it was an invalid tactic, I said it was inappropriate. Currently it is a valid tactic, no one will deny that especially after the MH agreement.

Quote:
I don't believe that's true.
Everyone has their matter of opinion. We differ.
Paril-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote