User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 Feb 2009, 14:25   #1
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough
Fubra / Pete

Fubra (or Fubar ) has bought PA.

which means PA's last round has been equal to my amount of last rounds

maybe they can get some competent people to run things?
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 15:18   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lol!

I'm very much looking forward to having a chat with Pete about his vision for PA.

Not to mention, who the hell he is and what his interest with PA is.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 15:23   #3
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fubra / Pete

This is interesting.
I hope Pete is a current PA-player, not just a former one!

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 15:24   #4
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

i don't care if he is/was a player, as long as pa will benefit from his buying it
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 15:25   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm under the impression that they will look to run it as a business, but appear to be willing to invest. Mid-round is not the best time for this changeover to occur, but we'll be looking at migrating the game from Jolt/OMAC to Fubra / Pete as we can. At a basic level this means removing Jolt's payment system and OMAC's advertising and replacing it (after moving servers, etc!)

Last edited by Appocomaster; 6 Feb 2009 at 15:32.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 15:40   #6
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

hahah. awesomeness. I managed to lure back alot of old players cause it was "the last round of pa" and now it isnt!

cool

looking forward to learn more about the new owners...

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 15:43   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

After having looked through their website, I think PA might actually have some attention and resources given to it under this new ownership.

Take a few minutes to look at their site. Their office especially is pretty cool.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 15:51   #8
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I had a look earlier, looks promising (for once).
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 16:11   #9
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

looks to be very promising

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 17:07   #10
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I'm under the impression that they will look to run it as a business, but appear to be willing to invest. Mid-round is not the best time for this changeover to occur, but we'll be looking at migrating the game from Jolt/OMAC to Fubra / Pete as we can. At a basic level this means removing Jolt's payment system and OMAC's advertising and replacing it (after moving servers, etc!)
/me sensing another rollback

hint of the day:

do the transfer in the european evening, after everyone has landed his attacks!!!

and thats ****ing great news!!!!

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 17:37   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey guys, remember what happened last time?

(I am cautiously optimistic, any owner is better than no owner.)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 17:41   #12
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

'Supposing a server went down, mz, when we were all using it?' said Kenny. 'Supposing is didn't.' said mz. After careful thought, Kenny was comforted by this.
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 17:43   #13
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Also - Planetarion in Facebook. Win!

FINALLY WE CAN ALL HAVE AN EXCUSE TO PLAY IT!
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 18:12   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Exciting to see that someone takes over the game and says that they want to do something about the game, however, that promise have been heard before, and I think I would want to see it before I believe it. However if it might be true, I might even consider playing it again myself now with this new enthusiasm..
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 18:17   #15
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I might come back to fail at battle calcs and send the wrong defence to the wrong planet once more

Sounds interesting, I'm hopeful & optimistic for the future of the game and lets face it even if it turns out to be as shit as Jolt where, at least the game is running.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 22:09   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Get us more players. Do nothing else. I'll be a happy man if that happens.
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 23:10   #17
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
..........(I am cautiously optimistic....)
Me to.

Fingers crossed .
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 23:37   #18
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

I really really really hope OMAC didn't make a single penny off this.
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 00:33   #19
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

So no source code being released then

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 00:44   #20
baguar
Oh Globbits

baguar is an unknown quantity at this point

This all looks very PA 2.0!

As long as there are no sodding vampires and werewolves (not including you ofc [ND]Drac)
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 01:03   #21
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Damn it, I'm going to have to start behaving in #support again instead of just swearing at people when they come in.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 02:34   #22
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I wanted spinner. I got someone else

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 03:12   #23
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

I have no idea what the game is worth... nor what the source code is worth...

still, i'm glad someone took the opportunity to pay for it..

If it was worth six-pence, i'd have bought it and run it on my shitty comp. But its not, so give him the benefit of the doubt and let him run it the way he feels is the best way for pa as a community.

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 06:50   #24
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

I will be fully supporting any company that allows me to tour their Kitchen online.

"Features:

Fridge / Freezer
Tea & Coffee
Fruit & sandwich ingredients provided
Toaster, George Foreman Grill & Microwave
Dishwasher and water machines "

FEAR TEH GEORGE FOREMAN BABY!
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 06:53   #25
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Damn it, I'm going to have to start behaving in #support again instead of just swearing at people when they come in.
That's why I quit support team tbh. Idiots should be addressed as such!
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 07:01   #26
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by asust3k View Post
That's why I quit support team tbh. Idiots should be addressed as such!
My sentiments regarding Admin exactly.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 11:45   #27
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Also - Planetarion in Facebook. Win!

FINALLY WE CAN ALL HAVE AN EXCUSE TO PLAY IT!

Didn't we all suggest this to OMAC? I can't remember.

Anyway, that and inbuilt chat both sound great.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 12:08   #28
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode View Post
I have no idea what the game is worth... nor what the source code is worth....
The code will be worth very little... the valuable 'bit' will be the community, or whats left of it. (and to some extent the name because of what its associated with - granted, that was MANY rounds ago)

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 12:09   #29
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post

Anyway, that and inbuilt chat both sound great.
Chat used to exist already - it was removed because of its reliance on Java iirc.

Unread 7 Feb 2009, 13:15   #30
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post

Yeah, it was suggested, I think I remember something about it requiring too much work to implement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit View Post
Chat used to exist already - it was removed because of its reliance on Java iirc.
wow, I didnt even notice it was removed until just now

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 13:53   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's because it's not. Mit doesn't know what he's talking about.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 14:11   #32
Mit
Let battle commence

It may have been added back isnce i last saw... but it WAS removed - so, its not exactly a 'needed NEW feature' then

Unread 7 Feb 2009, 15:47   #33
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

If I have to show people on facebook that I play PA, I am so quitting.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 15:57   #34
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
you can generally control what facebook applications do or don't appear in news feeds etc.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 15:59   #35
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
forcing players to have a facebook would be a bad idea for the existing community, if you wanted to play through FB then you can disable it from showing stuff anyway.

Unread 7 Feb 2009, 17:32   #36
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Im reasonably certain that the game will be facebook accessible, but also accessible without facebook.

I think it would still take a while till it happens, and for now, dont expect anything to happen. That's what previous new owners have proven.
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 18:17   #37
t3k
The Video Guy

In terms of the facebook idea I think the best way to go about it would be to continue hosting the site/game as per normal, but create an external interface for the game in the guise of a facebook app in addition to this.

And Linkie, if anything, now if somebody sees you playing PA:

"Huh? Oh - its some new facebook app I'm trying, like that pirate game that's been around for a while..."

They'll never be any wiser!
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 20:28   #38
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Im reasonably certain that the game will be facebook accessible, but also accessible without facebook.
Having played a little with the Facebook Platform myself, thought I'd just comment on that (in agreement!) before people panic about it like Mit.

It'd be very easy to "twin" a Facebook account to a PA-portal account, while not needing one to have the other. And yes, you could restrict PA from showing anything in your news feeds or profile even if you do choose to link your PA account to Facebook.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 21:13   #39
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

hey man, whats that "you have 158,342 incoming hostiles!" thing on your news feed?
Unread 7 Feb 2009, 21:20   #40
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

People don't generally ask about applications, but if they do you just say "it's an application". Pretty simple innit.
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:03   #41
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, I hate applications with a passion and never use them. Also, I'm a closet nerd

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:09   #42
Mit
Let battle commence

I wasn't panicing at all about it - no need to get like that.

I'm not against it as an idea, just saying FORCING people would be a bad idea.

Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:13   #43
t3k
The Video Guy

No it wouldn't be.

It would be a minor inconvenience at best, with the benefits of the potential increases in the playerbase far outweighing "omg, somebody from PA may see a picture of me".

If you're that ugly, make like Pimpeh and gtfo the interwebs.
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:16   #44
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
If you're that ugly, make like Pimpeh and gtfo the interwebs.
oh grow up.
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:18   #45
Mit
Let battle commence

Increases to playerbase - maybe, how many 1 login wonders from it tho?

I hate facebook myself, doesn't mean i don't 'use' it, but i don't go out of my way to play games through it, that require both facebook AND the game to be working properly to play.

Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:19   #46
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Forcing people to associate their Facebook account with PA is a terrible idea Kenny, stop being retarded.
It's not something that is necessary at all, and the only way of making it work would be forcing those who want to play to have a FB account, which is so utterly homosexual that I can't even describe it.
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:24   #47
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
In terms of the facebook idea I think the best way to go about it would be to continue hosting the site/game as per normal, but create an external interface for the game in the guise of a facebook app in addition to this.
I think you'll find I've already put forth what I think would be the most optimal way of implementing a facebook/PA integration, and it's nothing to do with having to ascociate one with the other.

If you're not gonna read my posts, dont comment on them.
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:39   #48
Mit
Let battle commence

A facebook app that would know your facebook details and then need to know your PA details, creating a link / integration...

its either completely stand alone... or they are integrated (albeit, optionally from the FB end).

Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:39   #49
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I wanted spinner. I got someone else
Unfortunately, my bid was not regarded high enough.
As they ended up selling it to someone else, I guess they had more money to spend on it, so fair game!

I did try though, I really did!

- Spinner
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 00:57   #50
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit View Post
I wasn't panicing at all about it - no need to get like that.

I'm not against it as an idea, just saying FORCING people would be a bad idea.
Quote:
No it wouldn't be.
Sorry what was that?