User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Jul 2006, 22:33   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Leaving Stuff to the last minute

You see I believe theres two types of people in this world.

Those who do things in advance, plan etc.

Those who leave thing to the last minute.

For some reason I'm not a planner. Im a last minute kinda guy.

Its worked wonders for me so far in my life. I got good GCSEs doing last minute revision, the same for A Levels. I had awesome holidays booked last minute (backpacking round europe etc, random weekend in paris with gf, going to prague for mates bday, amsterdam for another) I also got a 2:1 for doing my dissertation and a fair bit of revision in the last minute.

The reason I think we do last minute stuff is because deep down those who are fairly smart (I may be ned deffeh but im not that dumb ;p) we know we can do a half arsed job compared to those who plan and work effectively.

However one day leaving stuff to the last minute will back fire.

That day seemed to be today.

For months I've known that I would graduate on July 11th. July 11th. What date? July 11th. etc. For months people around me have said "make sure you rent your gown" and "your going to need acommodation, book in advance as it will be hard to get". I kept saying to them "yeah I'll do it tomorrow" as quite frankly I didnt see any need to do them at that immediate moment.

So in my cocky last minute self, I went to rent my gown today. Went to the website where you order it off.

"Please phone up 08702455891, there is a problem with your gown request."

I phoned up, apparently they filled the quota for the amount of gowns they are renting this year.

I thought shit. Obviously. I mean if you dont have a gown, you cant graduate. So running through my mind was what could I do, I could buy one but that would cost me £200. So I phoned them back 5 minutes later and litterally begged for a gown. In the end after some general fumbling around and shouting across the office (or so it seemed) they managed to find a gown for me. I reckon the guy couldnt be arsed and in reality he didnt have to put me through the trauma and thought of not graduating.

Finally I paid for it, and thats all sorted.

Now accomodation. This should be an easy part, my University has tons of halls which are empty in the summer.

Wrong assumption piglet!

Theres about 1000 jews staying there and the other 500-1000 rooms have been booked up in advance.

So I ask them can you suggest elsewhere "No, sorry we cant"

I start phoning up hotel, after hotel, after guest house. Nothing. Nada. Bummer, what do I do now. The four nights of making love to my girlfriend and getting pissed is looking as though its floating up shit creek.

Thank **** I come back from football and think of a youth hostel, the youth hostel is all booked up. But theres another youth hostel. Just booked a private room there. Luckily my girlfriend just emailed me saying her mum isnt staying overnight so I can stay at hers (but that all depends on when her brother and father leave.

Anyway moral of the story is that one day if you keep leaving shit to the last minute you will be buggered (and not the MM type either).

Oh also in a evil kinda way has anyone been caught out by leaving stuff to the last minute?
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 22:39   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Leaving Stuff to the last minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Obviously. I mean if you dont have a gown, you cant graduate.
What? Do you just mean you can't attend the graduation ceremony without one? And if so, who cares?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 22:42   #3
-TPM-

-TPM- is on a distinguished road

I'm a HUGE procrastinator! If I think of a story I'll post it later, well maybe
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 22:51   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
What? Do you just mean you can't attend the graduation ceremony without one? And if so, who cares?
Quote:
Originally Posted by University of Kent
Dress

The University requests that graduands dress appropriately for the formal occasion of their graduation. Gentlemen should wear a shirt with a collar and tie and a suit or jacket and trousers. Students are very welcome to wear national dress. The University does not permit the wearing of any form of fancy dress for congregation. Those who are not dressed appropriately will not be admitted to the degree congregation.

Hats

Hats must be worn throughout the processions and ceremonies. Please ensure that they are securely clipped to your hair.
Also its the day my parents have been looking forward too. Im not too fussed by it, for me its an exscuse to get drunk and have sex. For my parents its a day when they can take photos and be happy that the money they have invested in me has come true.

Plus my dad would probably beat me if I didnt get it sorted.
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 22:53   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah my point was that attending the ceremony isn't the same thing as graduating. I was interested why you're that bothered about attending at all.
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 22:57   #6
pig
1up on you

As I say its my parents. I guess they want the pictures etc and to turn round to there friends and go "guess where I was yesterday" and "ohhh you must see this picture of my son graduating" and "what that? that picture on the wall, oh ye our son"

Going to uni is still quite a big thing where I come from ;o
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:01   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
As I say its my parents. I guess they want the pictures etc and to turn round to there friends and go "guess where I was yesterday" and "ohhh you must see this picture of my son graduating" and "what that? that picture on the wall, oh ye our son"
And then their friends can say "oh, I thought that was from your visit to the zoo". It'll be a lovely moment.

Quote:
Also its the day my parents have been looking forward too. Im not too fussed by it, for me its an exscuse to get drunk and have sex.
You mean fridays?
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:02   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yeah my point was that attending the ceremony isn't the same thing as graduating. I was interested why you're that bothered about attending at all.
I know you're not one for showiness really, but graduation to a lot of people is a big event - the culmination of 3+ years at university. A time where your parents can be proud of you and you will be able to bid farewell to a lot of people (often forever) which you shared those 3 years with.

(that's why!)
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:02   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Going to uni is still quite a big thing where I come from ;o
Yeah, same here (at least, in my family). But I still just laughed at my family members when they mentioned the graduation ceremony.

(Sorry I didn't see your edit before posting my previous comment)
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:04   #10
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Yeah, same here (at least, in my family). But I still just laughed at my family members when they mentioned the graduation ceremony.
Family

Its for the smiles of them, least I can do really is turn up and look good I guess.

Quote:
Sorry for editing ;p
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:04   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Dante so clearly went "so long losers!" when he finished his last exam.
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:05   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Family
I can see what you mean. just remember that some of us don't have one.

EDIT: if we are showing off with our editing skills then I should add that I have never graduated because my university doesn't require it
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:17   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
A time where your parents can be proud of you
I'd imagine the level of shame my mother has for me is pretty much constant except maybe when I mention that I'm about to start dating a girl nine years younger than me who takes crystal meth. I'm not sure if my "dad" knows he is my father so I doubt he's that interested tbh. But yeah I get that this sort of thing might be important to some, it's just I was slightly confused by pig's original post - I thought he cared which surprised me.
Quote:
and you will be able to bid farewell to a lot of people (often forever) which you shared those 3 years with.
For some reason I'm imagining some kind of musical montage here, like in those terrible American TV series. More seriously if someone is cool then it's easy enough to keep in contact in most situations. If they're not, I've no desire to say goodbye to them. Sorry for not being sentimental.

Getting back ontopic though :
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
he reason I think we do last minute stuff is because deep down those who are fairly smart (I may be ned deffeh but im not that dumb ;p) we know we can do a half arsed job compared to those who plan and work effectively.
I sometimes use this excuse too, although I'm not sure how true it is. I think more generally doing things at the last minute is "good enough" and therefore we get away with it. I think also perhaps that one fo the things schools should teach is proper project management so you don't feel the need for leaving things to the last minute.

As I've argued elsewhere, I'm not sure the human brain is particularly good at long term things - is there much call in nature for long slow mental processes lasting months - and certainly most people seem to prefer bursts of mental activity. The problem is that the tactic will eventually fail, depending on what you end up doing.
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:29   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Graduation is just some overrated photo opportunity where your parents go gaga over you as if you were 5 at the school nativity play. Sitting through it was like one gigantic PR opportunity for my university.

I was pretty much disgusted with what I got for my final results and while it was to see my friends again, most of it was money I wish that I'd never spent. And if I'd done as well as I wanted to, I'd have got ****ing hammered for the summer and ****ed the graduation ceremony.
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:39   #15
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I'm a mixture, I plan ahead for my procrastination.

If that's confusing then I've done my job.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 07:38   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Leaving Stuff to the last minute

Quote:
As I've argued elsewhere, I'm not sure the human brain is particularly good at long term things
Well, survival.
Quote:
is there much call in nature for long slow mental processes lasting months - and certainly most people seem to prefer bursts of mental activity.
There's certainly a call for long slow processes lasting months or even years (think farming or raising children). They might be more physical than mental, but do procrastinators make a distinction?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 08:09   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
There's certainly a call for long slow processes lasting months or even years (think farming or raising children). They might be more physical than mental, but do procrastinators make a distinction?
I think my phrasing was a little ambiguous. With things like raising children it's more a continuous series of events none of which you can really delay for too long (well, without your child dying I mean). Agriculture is perhaps quite different but then again that's generally a social activity, I doubt historically many people tended to crops in complete isolation. Social action follows a different kind of dynamic I think.

I don' t think it's necessary "long term" activities, but a certain category of long term activities with no feedback that are performed in isolation. I'd rate my attention span as apalling but I can sometimes sit in front of a computer game for several hours without getting up (and I'm not the only one). Why is that? Well, there is a constant interaction, and I am seeing the definite results of every action, almost immediately. Likewise, I find it very difficult to write anything from scratch but I pour thousands of words into these forums every month (albeit mostly unintelligible garbage). Same principle. Probably.

I'm not trying to excuse procrastination, but I do wonder why so many people suffer from it, and (this might be entirely wrong) it seems to be getting worse based on anecdotal evidence. I know personally as a child there was a strict limit on what leisure pursuits that were available (if there was bad weather then four TV channels, no VCR, no internet, very limited video game library...) and so eventually boredom sometimes just compelled you to do something constructive. Now days I almost never get to the stage of *nothing* to do since there's always web pages, or shitty youtube videos, or whatever to browse. Maybe that has an impact.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 08:25   #18
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

For my final class to get my degree I had Career Planning and Development. One of our assignments was that we had to job shadow at a company in the field of our degree. Needless to say being lazy by nature and thinking this a stupid requirement, I made up a company, printed a fake business card (we had to have a brochure or business card as "proof" of our job shadow) and proceeded to write the 2 page report based on the questions. All the questions about how to contact them I put in sorta loops to where there was no way they could reach them ever, and needless to say I did get an A on the assignment.
jt25man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 10:08   #19
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
For my final class to get my degree I had Career Planning and Development. One of our assignments was that we had to job shadow at a company in the field of our degree. Needless to say being lazy by nature and thinking this a stupid requirement, I made up a company, printed a fake business card (we had to have a brochure or business card as "proof" of our job shadow) and proceeded to write the 2 page report based on the questions. All the questions about how to contact them I put in sorta loops to where there was no way they could reach them ever, and needless to say I did get an A on the assignment.
...And to think that some people say it's too easy to get a degree now, and that the govenment has "dumbed it down"!

What a bunch of silly billies.

(PS I did something similar with a "Computing Project" paper. I intended to learn PHP for it and make a website. I never learnt it, but wrote a 3000 word report explaning how I did and how the project would be shown at a certain website address soon that didn't work - I only got 56% but still)
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:39   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yeah, agreed. Too many bad memories, too many bad people. I'm not doing a profit-making institution by making it look good when it never made me feel good in the slightest. I will personally go round and thank every lecturer that aided my learning process, but the university will take no credit for my development.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 19:22   #21
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Yeah, agreed. Too many bad memories, too many bad people. I'm not doing a profit-making institution by making it look good when it never made me feel good in the slightest. I will personally go round and thank every lecturer that aided my learning process, but the university will take no credit for my development.
I'm sure they're very grateful for that.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 20:45   #22
Tomkat

Quote:
I will personally go round and thank every lecturer that aided my learning process, but the university will take no credit for my development.
How are you managing to personify your university into a single entity

The university consists of everyone from the accounts to the people who organise entertainments right down to the kitchen and bar staff.

So you'd better go round to all those caterers and bartenders too, and thank them while you're at it!
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 20:49   #23
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Im pretty sure the bartenders didn't contribute to his learning process though.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 00:01   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
How are you managing to personify your university into a single entity

The university consists of everyone from the accounts to the people who organise entertainments right down to the kitchen and bar staff.

So you'd better go round to all those caterers and bartenders too, and thank them while you're at it!
My student union is £2.30 a pint of watery lager in a plastic glass, and caters only for jocks. There's no real beer offers to speak to (get down to £1.85 sometimes), and the "indie" night, is beyond shit. They closed down the Sports bar because it wasnt making enough profit - no, not it was a liability - it wasnt making enough profit.

The department has cancelled its "Student advisor" service, so that you no longer have any one to one help at all from anyone.

The food is overpriced and bland; £2.60 a student gammon salad sandwich anyone?

My gym costs £90 to join yet i still am expected to pay £25 /h for a go on the plastic football pitches (which we can be kicked off by big organisations like football clubs at any time), £13 for a shot on the tennis courts, etc etc.

Who am i meant to feel affinity with?

Unread 11 Jul 2006, 07:32   #25
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
My student union is £2.30 a pint of watery lager in a plastic glass, and caters only for jocks. There's no real beer offers to speak to (get down to £1.85 sometimes), and the "indie" night, is beyond shit. They closed down the Sports bar because it wasnt making enough profit - no, not it was a liability - it wasnt making enough profit.

The department has cancelled its "Student advisor" service, so that you no longer have any one to one help at all from anyone.

The food is overpriced and bland; £2.60 a student gammon salad sandwich anyone?

My gym costs £90 to join yet i still am expected to pay £25 /h for a go on the plastic football pitches (which we can be kicked off by big organisations like football clubs at any time), £13 for a shot on the tennis courts, etc etc.

Who am i meant to feel affinity with?
You're not 'meant' to feel affinity with anyone.

You're just supposed to complain to people who might give a shit.

i.e. not us.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 10:22   #26
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

oh yahwe