User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Jun 2008, 10:41   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Theft

This morning, I am in Wales. Yesterday morning, I was not.

How did this happen? By the wonderful discovery of the locomotive. While it does take several hours and requires 15 men to operate,* nevertheless it is far more agreeable than ye olde horse** and carriage.

Yesterday afternoon, I bought a "ticket" and boarded the locomotive, or "train" as some prerfer to call this wonderful contraption.

I arrived in Cardiff in the evening without having my ticket "inspected". It then ocured to me that the ticket seemed to be more of a badge of honour than of having any practical value. It was very possible that I could have made the journey for no cost, if I were a scallywag.

Are these things done nowadays? Is this sort of "theft" acceptable? Would you condone it? What can you "steal" without breaking your personal moral code?

Please do not post your crimes here, I do not wish to hear about them nor do I think it would be particularly prudent to make such remarks.

*8 of which die, on average, every journey
**slaves
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2008, 11:01   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Theft

Scallywagging is simply applied statistics. Bad applied statistics, at that. Given that, any moral implications are irrelevant to me.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2008, 12:05   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

A mate of mine lives in Lancashire, I live in Buckinghamshire. Whenever he used to come down he got the train and never bought a ticket. He actually moaned that when he went through London he had to pay for a tube ticket so he prefers not to go that route. His strategy is that when the ticket collector comes round he just sits there and the ticket collector assumes that he's already checked his ticket earlier.

Personally I always buy a train ticket but I can't really condem the guy seeing as I participate in copyright infringement on a regular basis (hopefully this thread won't decend into a discussion about that).

I try not to commit theft, I used to shoplift when I was younger but I like to think I've grown up since then. Even if I know that I could get away with it I prefer to pay for stuff (apart from the previously mentioned copyright infringement). I like to think this is due to the stringent moral code that I live by.
Unread 28 Jun 2008, 15:00   #4
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I have a 6month record for falling short of 10p on my Oyster card and forced to pay £100 fine.

It's a ****ing abuse of the court system.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2008, 15:25   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Little known fact: Ticket inspectors on trains can't charge you a penalty fare. Only the people at station on the barriers can do that.

I nearly always buy a ticket, unless I forget. The £20 fine is a hassle otherwise!
Unread 28 Jun 2008, 21:56   #6
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Little known fact: Ticket inspectors on trains can't charge you a penalty fare. Only the people at station on the barriers can do that.
Really?

I bought a ticket for Cardiff with a young persons without realising that my YPR had expired. Ticket got checked (first time in ages heh, you'll find they rarely do ASG) and I had to buy a new single ticket at a higher rate than the normal single (I paid £72, my return had cost £35 so would have been £54 without the young persons)

I always buy train tickets/sign in on the DLR just in case. I don't want the hassle of hiding from inspectors or anything.
Unread 30 Jun 2008, 00:24   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i used to live in manchester, but have to return home on a weekly basis (to the north east) and in a six month period i bough... porbably about 5 tickets i think? (this was a good few years ago though) because the trains were all intercities, and didnt bother checking betweek york and manchester
Unread 30 Jun 2008, 04:42   #8
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

I get the train to work each day, and i don't buy a ticket, namely cos the stations i go between dont have ticket offices, but very rarely get charged as the conductors are usually too lazy to come around...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2008, 14:46   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Theft

I used to ride the Metro quite a lot without a ticket (albeit mainly on the grounds that I forgot to buy one) and nobody ever pulled me up over it. Now they have barriers and all sorts so that would be harder nowadays I imagine.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote