User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Jan 2004, 17:10   #51
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts
Re: The Future of PA(positiveOutlook)

i thought that woolsworth had gone out of business.... i liked that place... they closed it down here 10 year ago :-(

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 21:16   #52
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

We should be looking at investment VS revenue generated to define if tribes or triebes 2 was a failure or not. From my knowledge both these games where profitible for the company and publisher involed therfore no matter what, I would call them a sucess in business terms.
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 23:03   #53
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A developer wants as many people as possible to enjoy the game.
A publisher wants as many people as possible to buy the game.

I'd say a game can only be called a success when both criteria are met. Sales don't necessarily mean a game was a success (for example Black & White), nor does a smaller amount of sales mean that a game was a failure (for example Gabriel Knight 3).
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 05:44   #54
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

whaterver :smith:
________
CoCo84

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 06:54.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 06:53   #55
Fladnag
The Worlds Greatest

Fladnag is an unknown quantity at this point

Who ever wrote this thread can you tell me how long have u been playing? I'm a retired noob here
Round IV 132:25:9 Gandalf The Gray Of Middle Earth III
Round V 17:5:25 King Phillips Of Kingdom FTM
Round VI 33:9:14 Ladonna Of Black Robes
Round VII 24:14:15 Padme Amidilla Of Naboo
Round VIII 1:1:2 Spinner Of The Universe

"Born Of Heresy"
Allfather is my GOD
Fladnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 06:56   #56
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

send the end of round 2

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 06:57   #57
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

i remember your name.. Spinner of the Universe... you attacked me and i lost half my fleet... lol ;-)

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:29   #58
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

WTF? 3d? Graphics?

Jesus, it's obvious none of you understand the browser based game market.

What is needed is inovative FEATURES and GAMEPLAY. Something the various PA crew all have shown themself incompetent at, with the possible exception of the few inovations brought to the scene in round 1 (and they weren't many, given the games PA stole from)
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:11   #59
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Well, PA doesnt have to be that emersive... but i think it would be nice if there were a second way to distrubute the game, something that could be put on a freeware site and downloaded to get ppl into the game. . it doenst have to be 3d tho

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:12   #60
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote:

Originally Posted by W

Jesus, it's obvious none of you understand the browser based game market.
No, W, we understand the browser based game market, we just also understand that its not working right now.

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:26   #61
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
we just also understand that its not working right now.
Minor correction: PA isn't working right now. Lots of other browser-based games are.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 20:46   #62
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

i guess...