User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Aug 2006, 05:29   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Grades

I remember a round when titles where introduced (or was it a beta?). When you reached a certain score you would become Captain, then General, etc...
The main issue was the layout, there was just not enough room on the page to add cool names.
Now would it be possible to reintroduce the idea but let's say we get 1 'symbol/medal' (eg. X or µ) for every 5k XP... (or a unique symbol with different colors...)
Example

Last edited by Makhil; 7 Aug 2006 at 05:36.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 08:46   #2
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice
Re: Grades

neat idea am sure would be easiy to introduce but is there much point? I mean it would have been useful when it was XP ftw i guess :/

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:34   #3
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think, as a way to interest players who are not involved in the 'major' ally wars, or who are not perhaps vying for t100 spots, some kind of 'medal' system could be interesting. Maybe even adding fleet commanders, but only in name... adding medals for things like roiding a bigger value planet, cutting roidloss, successfully defending a friend etc is a good idea IMO.

For example: 'NEWS: Admiral Leeroy Jenkins was awarded the cathaar star for successful defence of the planet 'Lokken Fanclub'.

If you could then collect these medals and perhaps have some way to show them off, it could be decent enough fun IMO, so long as it doesn't get in the way of the main part of PA; in a similar way to the golden roids.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 10:29   #4
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

This should definately be related to quests, as Gate kind of said. There should also be about 100 medals, only small graphics, but there should be alot.

As said, this would be primarily for new players and so getting a new medal would be something to aim for. Obviously the first 10 medals or so would come in protection, and as usual its alot harder to get medals as you proceed with the game.

If you really wanted to, you could have 'directions' for the larger players - a high total roids kept (value player I guess) could be given one kind of title, roids capped could be given another.

You get the idea.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 11:34   #5
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
This should definately be related to quests, as Gate kind of said. There should also be about 100 medals, only small graphics, but there should be alot.

As said, this would be primarily for new players and so getting a new medal would be something to aim for. Obviously the first 10 medals or so would come in protection, and as usual its alot harder to get medals as you proceed with the game.

If you really wanted to, you could have 'directions' for the larger players - a high total roids kept (value player I guess) could be given one kind of title, roids capped could be given another.

You get the idea.
Love the ideas, a lot more focus that i thought about. So title could be as examples

king of the underground :- For the best co-opper

Gladiator :- For person who has most XP in battles

etc

or not
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 14:23   #6
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

What about medals for e.g. capturing 1000 roids in one attacking or killing a certain percentage of the defenders/attackers ships? Or a medal for holding a golden roid for a certain amount of time? Or when you get, say, 2000 XP in one attack?

I like the idea of "badge hunting".
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 15:23   #7
aestuos
No Alliance

you could get an insomnia badge if you were logged into PA for more than 24 hours

or not
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 20:06   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think relating it to quests and the golden roids could be the right way to go, e.g. a badge for ever having held a special roid, with permanent bonuses for having multiple special roid badges.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 12:07   #9
Solar Lord

Solar Lord is an unknown quantity at this point

Medals would be an excellent target for players who are never going to get onto the top scoreboard, like me.
Solar Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 13:51   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I like this idea, but then again, i like any idea related to quests, adding diversification to the game

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 15:16   #11
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Running a little bit further with the fleet commanders idea; don't have them giving any kind of bonuses as I said before, but perhaps have a named fleet commander for each fleet, and a ranking within each race which is announced at the end of a round, so you have a best zikonian admiral, best cathaar admiral etc.

Fleet commanders die if their fleet is entirely wiped out in combat, they stay in the rankings but can't benefit any more.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote