User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Dec 2004, 04:48   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Money that likes to bounce

well here goes, basically at the start of the month, I had £850 in my bank acc (or so I thought) this was to pay the rent, however I forogot my gas ball, telephone bill, tv liscence, save the children, mobile bill, and broadband bill were all leaving my acc, so on the 2nd dec, panicking i put the money in my acc to cover these and the rent (cheque takes 3 days to clear i thought)

however I didnt have the £850 in my acc as my parents who arent in the country didnt put the money in my acc so...

1st December

The gas/electricity bill (£55 bounced) so the bank charged £35 to my acc
Telephone Bill (£9 bounced) so the bank charged £35 to my acc
TV liscence (£9 bounced) so the bank charged £35 to my acc
Save the children (£5 bounced) so the bank charged £35 to my acc
Mobile phone bill (£30 bounced) so the bank charged £35 to my acc
Broadband bill (£30 bounced) so the bank charged £35 to my acc

Total oweing bank £210

2nd December

I put £150 in my acc to cover the DD which I thought the £850 in my acc would cover

3rd December

Rent cheque (£850 bounced) so the bank charged £35 to my acc

Total oweing bank £245

5th December

Parents put money into account

I now have £755 in my acc (£150 i put in plus the £850 my parents put in the acc - the £245 oweing the bank)

7th December

£145 left my acc to cover the DD that should of gone on the 1st December

Bank Balance

£610

10th December

Landlord comes round and tells me cheque has bounced, I have one week to pay £850

Ok so fair enough, my fault etc, I will attempt to raise £250 in one week, however you are probably thinking why didnt you know the money wasnt in youre account. Firstly I was working on the assumption my parents as promised would put the money for my rent in my account. Secondly My card broke meaning I couldnt check the status of my bank account. I infact ordered a new card on the 28th November, it was sent to my house in Birmingham, then forwarded to my house in Canterbury, except I wasnt in, so it was returned to the royal mail sorting office, who say they are now returning it to Birmingham but it could take like 2 weeks ( :xmas: etc)

So basically due to my own incompetence, parents incompetence and royal mails incompetence, Im £250 poorer :/

Do you think theres anyway of getting the bank to reverse the charges they gave me at all?
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 04:57   #2
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Money that likes to bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Do you think theres anyway of getting the bank to reverse the charges they gave me at all?
Ask them?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 04:58   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Ask them?
I did they said they would get back to me :/
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 05:23   #4
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

that's just another phrase for: go **** yourself

am sorry bout what happened to you
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 05:32   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Decent banks have realised recently that pissing off students isn't a good idea as they're the people who'll most likely be making good money in a few years. If you're reasonable, adult-like and attempt to explain your situation to them while remaining vaguely coherent they might be able to do something for you. Otherwise get your ****ing parents to pay the 250 euro.
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 12:48   #6
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

which bank is it, some *might* refund, others wont under any circumstances
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 13:00   #7
pig
1up on you

Natwest
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 13:01   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

from past experience...
your ****ed, natwest are a bunch of bastards
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 13:06   #9
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

If its a first offence, and you explain the situation, then you might be lucky.

but dont bet on it.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 13:07   #10
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Tell them you know queball.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 14:53   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Close your bank account and transfer to a bank that doesn't have ridiculous charges when you go overdrawn or have something bounce.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 14:55   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

there arent any, the least i have seen lately for anything like that was £25, and my bank once charged me £75 for persistently taking the piss (tbh i deserved it ) £35 is about average
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 14:56   #13
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Abbey Nat were awfully nice to me and my gf over a bad company that would create bouncy paycheque's.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 14:59   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

ouch, nasty, abbey nat screwed one of my mates though, the problem is, its always within their power to be nice, but if you get the wrong person, you will just get well and truly shat upon
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 16:27   #15
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

i've had a similar situation where i didnt actually realise that i could get an overdraft and was charged 3 or 4 times for being overdrawn on a normal current account. The bank manager understood my concern and reversed the charges. If you are a student they are sometimes sympathetic, especially if you incur lots of charges due to one particular reason which really isn't your fault (assume ignorance or something)

it was my first offence

bank: barclays

good luck
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 16:32   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best time of year to get charges refunded is during the 2nd quarter. At this time of year, theyre more likely to say no as to refund charges is to take away from their year end targets.

But give it a shot. Its about your only option really.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote