User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Jul 2006, 11:43   #51
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: christ, get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
First rule of pedantry is to really, really make sure you don't have any mistakes of your own.
We aren’t talking about my English skills here. We all know that my spelling and grammar aren’t my strongest points after all. What I was simply saying was that I see the women’s pov as it’s the last place there should be such grammatical mistakes.

Would I have complained about it myself? No. Would I have even noticed it? Probably not. Was she totally out of order complaining? Hell no, there’s a grammatical error in the place that’s supposed to be the local areas centre for knowledge and if that bothers her its her right to complain about it as it’s the library at fault not her

p.s If you want to point out my mistake I’ll go and correct it if that makes you happy
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:14   #52
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Where do you get those crazyass apostrophes from, Wakey?
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:18   #53
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought this was gonna be another travler thread...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:18   #54
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Where do you get those crazyass apostrophes from, Wakey?
MS Word. I decided to try and make my spelling and grammar better so typed in word first. For some reason it uses apostrophes that I cant seem to recreate on the forums without copy and pasting
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:21   #55
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You use Word to check your spelling and grammar?

I just use a dictionary and thesaurus alongside the computer and check every word
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:25   #56
wakey
Hamster

Quote:

I just use a dictionary and thesaurus alongside the computer and check every word
I could do that but I dont fancy travelling all the way home just to make sure I spell a few words right
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:26   #57
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
I've made this suggestion to various people over the years. Mainly when I notice they can't string 5-6 words together in coherent thought and grammar, or 5-6 words spelled correctly.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:43   #58
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
MAybe that's how things are done in America, but in England things are different as most Englishmen are non-confrontational (except Northaners, but they don't count)
When are you back in Hull?
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 14:02   #59
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm actually a main contributor to www.dictionary.com so I just change the words on there after each post.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 14:50   #60
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
heh, 67p? you wish, due to govt cuts (at the same time as demanding that we spend more of said budget on books, go figure) our overdue fees are now or the wrong side of high :/ i have seen people with book fines alone of over £100 :(

How do you allow fees to get this high? Surely you have the person's address. Send them a ****ing letter demaning the fee. If they don't respond get a CCJ or something (and if that costs money add that onto the bill). What's the point of a "late return fee" if you never actually charge it?
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 15:43   #61
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

do you really really want me to go into our policy on overdue's and non return of books? cos i can explain it if you want but it isnt exactly the most exciting thing in the world
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 15:59   #62
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Go for it.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 19:05   #63
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

fair enough...

as with everything else, its a cost to benefit thing, if we mailed everyone the day their books went overdue, it would cost us a lot (both in terms of time and actual money, especially with postage nowadays). So, what is the optimum timespan so that you are neither sending too many letters out, nor letting people run up too much of a debt to the service?
The key fact to remember here however, is that this policy has been in place for an awfully long time
It was decided that two weeks was the best balance between cost and benefit.

however, as this policy was created when our charges were a lot LOT cheaper, theoretically, in 2 weeks, you can run up (if you have your card maxed out, which is.... 12 books, 6 CD's, 6 DVD's (hehehe) and a veritable plethora of other items that i shall be ignoring for this) anyway, you could run up £62.40 in two weeks on the items i have stated. However, to do this, you would have to be retarded, or stealing the items anyway.

once this point has been reached, we wait another 2 weeks, then send you another letter asking for the items back or payment for the items if you have lost them, so at this point you would own £104.80 (wow, even i didnt realise it could go that high that quickly )
if this doesnt work thet your account would be suspended, the maximum fine on books and CD's is £9 a piece, and on DVD's its... 4 weeks rental (iirc).
This is where it can get heavy, once you are suspended the cost of replacing all of the items you have out is attached to your account, SO, (worst case scenario here goes) say the 12 books were all hardbacks, they go for £18.99 now (ARP), the CD's we will call £12.99 and the DVD's 15.99
SO: theoretical total cost if you are a total numpty:
18 x £9 (books and CD's) =£162
6 x £10 (DVD's) =£60
total overdue costs: £222
total replacement costs:
12 x £18.99 (books) =£227.88
6 x £12.99 (CD's) =£77.94
6 x £15.99 (DVD's) =£95.94
total replacement costs = £401.76

total cost = £623.76

for which we would take you to court (much good it would do us, as you would probably be a thieving bastard who the court would rule had to give us £5 a month until the debt was paid)

anything under £100 we dont go to court for.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 21:30   #64
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

In all seriousness, I'd suggest she finds a more productive use for time, like self procreation.