User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Mar 2005, 03:32   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The weird workings of pricing alcohol in bars/pubs

Ok my usual tipple when going out is bacardi and sambuca. But on saturday night I just wanted a few beers, so I walk into Bar Risa its a club/bar in the centre of Birmingham. I go to the main bar downstairs and ask for a pint of stella, the girl comes back its poured and says £2.80, that didnt shock me im in a club, nothing surprising, so i move upstairs to the main bar upstairs, ask for another pint its £2.80.

I then move to a lounge type place, anyone whos been to risa in brimingham will know that its almost like beds where you lie down with a girl and just drink and chat and it has some very nice seats where you can sit down, tempo is slowed down and its relaxed. So now I walk up to the bar, ask for another pint, I get this

"we dont do pints here, we only serve them at the 3 main bars, but we do bottles of stella"

so I reply

"Ok, a bottle is fine"

she comes back

"that will be £3 please"

I reply

"how much"

her

"£3"

I then proceed to argue/discuss how thats ridiculous, she got in a huff and her "manager/supervisor came over" I went into his little office and he said whats the problem, I told him i refused to pay £3 for a bottle of stella when a pint is £2.80, finally he saw where I was coming from, apologised for the hassle and said the pricing structure of the bar will be looked it, to which I replied I will be speaking to trading standards, to which he replied

"may I offer you a drink on the house"

Bars in the UK

Pint of Stella 562 ml £2.80
Bottle of Stella 330ml £3

fkin rediculous.

Anyway do you have any similar stories?
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:10   #2
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The weird workings of pricing alcohol in bars/pubs

i wouldnt get a pint for 2.80 anyway unless i had a ft job or someone else was paying. But yes, pricing (especially for bottles) is absolutely absurd here.

the best plan is to get half cut before you even go out then only buy about half as many drinks... OR, just go somewhere where the drinks are cheaper there will always be places with stupidly high prices.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:12   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In a lot of places in Liverpool city centre, all bottles are £3. Though in Native State in Edinburgh, I've (once, and once only) paid £2.95 for a Guinness, and that's just a bar. Not even a particularly classy one.

The moral of the story is Biere D'Alsace.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:15   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You argued with the staff in a pub/club?

You're asking for trouble.

The price is the price and if you don't like it don't go there *shrug*
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:16   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

trading standards are magic words which make shops hastilly try to cheer you up.
i`d suggest you accept, and then go to them anyway
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:19   #6
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

drinks are always expensive in pubs/bars
the bottles are more expensive cause it costs them more to buy a crate of bottled beer than a keg of it
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:21   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I still can't believe you argued with them.

It's just ...

UNBELIEVABLE
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:22   #8
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i can't believe he got away with it
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:26   #9
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Pints? Here we order them in 2 litre jugs (3.51950652 pints)

On topic however, yeah prices can be varied place to place. I went to a bar/club very much like what you described multi-tiered with different bars. Even worse though, you goto one section the beer was one price, you goto another section for the same beer and it's a different price.

Oh, and the price must me a pommy thing. We have three main bars in town, one of them is done up as a English themed pub called The Firkin' Hound. They have the most expensive beer out of the three, almost three times what you pay at the other joints.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:28   #10
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
trading standards are magic words which make shops hastilly try to cheer you up.
i`d suggest you accept, and then go to them anyway
I disagree, you threaten me with trading standards / civil action and I become more of an arsehole than usual.

The customer is not always right. The customer is nine times out of ten a gibbering moron, who has no idea of how things work and why they dont work just the way he wants them to. And no matter how hard said customer bitches at me about things not being fair, I'm not going to change my policies for one gibbering **** rag who thinks they are special. If you dont like it, pay up and **** off somewhere else, there are always plenty of other morons on the street who will come in after you.

I hate consumers.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 05:22   #11
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I disagree, you threaten me with trading standards / civil action and I become more of an arsehole than usual.

The customer is not always right. The customer is nine times out of ten a gibbering moron, who has no idea of how things work and why they dont work just the way he wants them to. And no matter how hard said customer bitches at me about things not being fair, I'm not going to change my policies for one gibbering **** rag who thinks they are special. If you dont like it, pay up and **** off somewhere else, there are always plenty of other morons on the street who will come in after you.

I hate consumers.
Here here. I've had plenty of customers threaten Trading Standards in referral to the 10 Day Return on PC Games at GAME. (For reference, PC Games are excluded from the 10 Day Return Policy - they cant be returned.) Customers try the "But it says I can return it" "Noone told me" "Other places let you return" etc when in reality its all bollox. 'Good customer service' only goes so far and how the customer behaves normally decides on whether I will try and work with them or not.

If they aren't willing to work with me on solving their problem, then I'm not prepared to try.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 06:15   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I frequently pay that much for a beer in a nightclub. Quite frankly what were you doing being sober enough to even realise you were getting ripped off
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 08:13   #13
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

in dublin i once paid 25 euros for 4 pints of stella. 'temple bar'.
i'm not going there again.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 08:13   #14
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i usually pay 75 eurocents for 300 ml of beer since I go clubbing with a mate who works there, he pays half the money ....
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 08:37   #15
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Prices here in Bristol vary loads. £2.80 or more for a pint of larger/cider in town. £1.60 for the same at a Weatherspoons pub. I even know of a non-weatherspoons pub doing cider for £1.60 a pint also.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 08:59   #16
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
drinks are always expensive in pubs/bars
the bottles are more expensive cause it costs them more to buy a crate of bottled beer than a keg of it
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 12:08   #17
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I balme the ****s at head office who probably have no idea what its like at street level and (usually) pick prices by pulling them out of a hat. Seriously, if they are clued up at the top, you'll never have these problems unless the consumer is just being a shit, in which case he's very easy to deal with, because he's wrong.

and there are finer establishments on broad street.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 12:15   #18
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Listen; they sell you less beer for more money, with the only added extra that you can hold a bottle, so if I look at it neutrally I would guess they are the smart and the buyer teh_st00pid.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 13:15   #19
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bottles will always cost more because yo are also paying for disposable packaging. When you have a pint you (normally) give the glass back so it doesn't really cost the bar anything. the same goes with the barrels of booze which are returned to the brewery and reused. Whether or not this extra cost requires such a dramatic price difference I am not sure. £3 is a ****ing rip-off and so is £2.80 for a pint. Just get pissed before you go out.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 13:24   #20
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Here here. I've had plenty of customers threaten Trading Standards in referral to the 10 Day Return on PC Games at GAME. (For reference, PC Games are excluded from the 10 Day Return Policy - they cant be returned.) .
Every time i get something from Game i get asked am i "sure that it'll work on your PC? Really sure? You can't bring it back so check again to make sure you're really sure. Are you sure now?"

What i've always wondered is how does this policy affect your legal rights? I was under the impression that you could return stuff if it wasn't suitable for purposes you bought it etc but not sure how this applies here. What's stopping someone from lying and saying that CD won't work as it's faulty. Even if GAME's computer can read it some drives can handle bad CDs better than others so it proves nothing. I assume GAME's policy is legal but why is it?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 13:33   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Going to a club was your first mistake
Buying a Stella was your second mistake
Bitching about 20p while a chick is waiting for you on a comfy couch was your third mistake.
Telling GD "bottles are more expensive than pints" like its a new fact and we've never drank before was your final mistake.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 13:40   #22
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

I'm glad you did this pig - i'm sick of similar experiences.

However im surprised the manager/supervisor didn't kick you out, or threaten to ban you for life. They're dicks that way.

Don't be surprised if the bouncers refuse to let you in anymore.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 13:52   #23
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

thank god for student bars
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 14:35   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
Prices here in Bristol vary loads.
In Bristol , if they merge two restaurants from the same pub chain , is it referred to as "Combining Harvesters" ?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 14:48   #25
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

What Rids said.

How on earth was this an issue for trading standards?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 15:42   #26
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

my favourite is actually an opposing hockeyclub, who charge 60 cents for a beer, standard and also give a lot away ... but then again, that one is being run by students
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 15:47   #27
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
my favourite is actually an opposing hockeyclub, who charge 60 cents for a beer, standard and also give a lot away ... but then again, that one is being run by students
You make me ashamed to have played field hockey.

No, really.

Can you make perhaps 3 posts without mentioning that ****ing h-word please? I mean, sports club would have been fine here, for example. Thank you.

/rant
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 16:13   #28
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Good lord, if ?3 a drink put's you off you'll never enjoy a drink in a nice bar.
________
Magic Flight Launch Box Vs Iolite

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 06:55.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 16:22   #29
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

i believe he is referring to the fact that it is costing more for 330ml of stella than for 568ml.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:00   #30
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
i believe he is moaning because he is such a tightwad
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:04   #31
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

there is that aswell
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:09   #32
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
Good lord, if £3 a drink put's you off you'll never enjoy a drink in a nice bar.
ive had plenty of drinks for over 3 quid... i think the MOST expensive (and this would be expensive by the standards of 99.9% of people out there i guess) was a double vodka and pineapple juice for 15 quid. I paid for that myself

but generally if im going somewhere where drinks are expensive i go with someone else who pays for me
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:10   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Good lord, if £3 a drink put's you off you'll never enjoy a drink in a nice bar.
no one cares for you lauding it over the lower classes on there forums.

because it's Yahwe's job.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:42   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
ive had plenty of drinks for over 3 quid... i think the MOST expensive (and this would be expensive by the standards of 99.9% of people out there i guess) was a double vodka and pineapple juice for 15 quid. I paid for that myself
Quadruple vodka and redbull. About twenty five euro. Apparently it's illegal to sell them in Ireland so what you do is ask for a pint glass, two double vodkas and a can of redbull. What a world we live in
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:48   #35
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

ouch :/

has there even actually been much proof that v.redbull is harmful?
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:50   #36
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I assume (as i think is in england) that it's the serving of 4 shots in one glass that's illegal, not the mixing of vodka and redbull...
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:52   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
ouch :/

has there even actually been much proof that v.redbull is harmful?
I'm living proof.

And yeah it's the four shots thing.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:25   #38
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Quote:

but generally if im going somewhere where drinks are expensive i go with someone else who pays for me
I'm not talking so much about expensive drinks as you can pay ?10 for a coca cola and it be no better than a ?1 glass, i'm talking about good drinks, a nice scotch or brandy, even a nice glass of champers. These arent the sort of drinks the everyday "10 pints down the pub" drinker will enjoy but if your willing to spend the money then your in for a treat.
________
ROLL A JOINT

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 06:55.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:29   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Slow clapping.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:31   #40
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Going to a club was your first mistake
Buying a Stella was your second mistake
Bitching about 20p while a chick is waiting for you on a comfy couch was your third mistake.
Telling GD "bottles are more expensive than pints" like its a new fact and we've never drank before was your final mistake.
come to think of it he DIDN'T post 'and then the girl said 'my hero' and we went back to her place for a night of wild bunnysex'

the girl was most likely unimpressed.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 19:02   #41
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Is it true that it is illegal to sell the same person more than two shots of absynth in the same night?

Someone told me this, and although i've had four at a go in a bar, I still wonder if im being a rebel and breaking the law.

Last edited by veX; 28 Mar 2005 at 19:03. Reason: speeeling
Proxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 19:32   #42
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
I'm not talking so much about expensive drinks as you can pay £10 for a coca cola and it be no better than a £1 glass, i'm talking about good drinks, a nice scotch or brandy, even a nice glass of champers. These arent the sort of drinks the everyday "10 pints down the pub" drinker will enjoy but if your willing to spend the money then your in for a treat.
id like to reiterate JBGs "slow clapping".

but also...

i dont find that true at all, i generally go out with "10 pints down the pub" people, im one myself. But it doesnt mean i can't appreciate good drinks. Its all about buying what you can afford. If i could afford to just go to the best bars/restaurants all the time i would, but to say that someone like me wouldnt appreciate (or even worse, "enjoy") the finer things is childishly moronic.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 19:44   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
Listen; they sell you less beer for more money, with the only added extra that you can hold a bottle
I find the added extra of bottles in clubs is that they are pretty much guaranteed to be what you expect them to be, without the possibility of substitution or watering down.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:00   #44
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I find the added extra of bottles in clubs is that they are pretty much guaranteed to be what you expect them to be, without the possibility of substitution or watering down.

Also you can carry one in each back pocket leaving your hands free for pints.

I AM SO CLASSY!
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:10   #45
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
In Bristol , if they merge two restaurants from the same pub chain , is it referred to as "Combining Harvesters" ?
How much neg rep did you get for that?*

*YOU DESERVE MORE

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:15   #46
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Also you can carry one in each back pocket leaving your hands free for pints.

I AM SO CLASSY!
and then when you're finished, you can throw them at random people who "give you a funny look"
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:21   #47
Dace
so f*cking zen

No.

When you're finished you can go back to the bar for more.

<repeat to fade>
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:23   #48
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
How much neg rep did you get for that?*

*YOU DESERVE MORE
Your humour is weak old man. Time has passed you by. Come, join the Dark Side of the Comedy Circuit. Throw away your preconceptions of puns and dark satire, and accept that it IS the future!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:25   #49
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Boring whiny stuff
Maybe, just maybe, the reason you never have any money, as you showed so conclusively here and here is maybe because
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Ok my usual tipple when going out is bacardi and sambuca
I would suggest some lifestyle changes that mean you
a) Drink beer you can afford
b) Drink in places you can afford
c) Don't drink pointlessly 'look at me and my wild and dangerous drink that you also cannot afford.
d) Never, ever come back on GD asking for advice when you run out of money, as I will ban you like the little child that you are.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:35   #50
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm sorry but what exactly can you call trading standards about here? You don't like the price? Get over it.

You can't go to trading standards because they are selling a pint for £2.80 and bottle for £3. They haven't broken any rules. Bottled beer is regarded as a different product to draft, even if it is esentially the same beer. Also as Mark says at least you know you're not getting a drink that's been spat in or worse.

Regarding customer complaints - it is obvious when someone has a genuine complaint and when someone is just being an ackward bastard. To me you were being an ackward bastard. If you are not willing to pay the going rate then go somewhere else. If you came into my restaurant and had a similar complaint I would not give you a free drink. I would tell you to leave.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote