User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jan 2005, 00:50   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Weight Loss

I realise of course that the internet is probably not the best source of advice on loosing weight, but, since i don't know where else to ask i suppose i will have to make do.

I am tired of being a fatty. At the moment i weigh somewhere in the region of 15 - 19st (i'm not sure exactly, i'm too frieghtned to look) and am 5ft 11ish. my aim is to get down to about 13st. I know that this will take some time and that of course the best way of achieving that is exercise and diet. So GD, i need you to recommend me the best ways to lose weight. A typical days diet currently will consist of:

Breakfast
  • A Glass of Orange Juice
  • 2 croisonts (sp?) with jam
  • or two slices of toast

Lunch
Either
  • A BLT Half- bagette or sandwich
  • Chips
  • Beans on Toast
Followed by
  • Crisps
  • Cake or a yoghurt

Dinner
  • Something meat based with
  • Chips/mashed/baked potato
  • peas and sweetcorn or
  • beans

currently i am doing 50 sit-ups a day and will be trying to work my way up to 100 (don't want to strain myself too much too early). So GD, recommend away
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 00:52   #2
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Weight Loss

Leave dinner alone, eliminate all but the first items in breakfast and lunch.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 00:53   #3
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Weight Loss

Today I had:

Sometime about 3pm

- Biscuits and water.

Sometime about 6pm.

- Sugar puffs.

It's called the 'No hope, No prayer' diet.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:00   #4
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

croissants is one of the few types of bread that contains high amounts of fat. that said i usually have 2 for breakfast.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:00   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
A typical days diet currently will consist of:

Breakfast
  • A Glass of Orange Juice
  • 2 croisonts (sp?) with jam
  • or two slices of toast
croisonts are a bad idea, they're laced with masses of butter, otherwise this is fine.

try to eat your breakfast a little earlier in the day. the sooner you eat the sooner your metabolism kicks in.

Quote:
Lunch
Either
  • A BLT Half- bagette or sandwich
  • Chips
  • Beans on Toast
Followed by
  • Crisps
  • Cake or a yoghurt
I'm sure you know this is bad.
try pasta or a pasta salad, its not as drastic a change as a green salad and is propably more realisticly achievable.

also pasta is a slow digesting carbohydrate so you will find yourself less hungry latter on

Quote:
Dinner
  • Something meat based with
  • Chips/mashed/baked potato
  • peas and sweetcorn or
  • beans
probably your evening meal won't really change if you work so try eating it earlier and don't snack afterwards.

try little changes like reducing the size of the portion

Quote:
currently i am doing 50 sit-ups a day and will be trying to work my way up to 100 (don't want to strain myself too much too early). So GD, recommend away
at your size what you need is cardio vascular exercise to bring out a sweat, get the heart pumping and boost metabolism.
sit ups are more for muscle toning after you've lost the weight.

at your bodysize your metabolism will have slowed down, take regular short walks, use stairs not lifts, to try and bring it back in any little way you can.

another important thing is snacking, don't do this.

the two key things are metabolism and being realistic. losing weight for you will be a gradual and slow process so make it one you can endure
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:01   #6
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

hmm.. today i had.. a cookie cause my roommate left them out. some water. 3 pickles.. and my room mate's making hamburger helper for dinner (pasta and sauce in a box.. just add cooked ground beef!)
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:02   #7
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh and booze.

i'm afraid its probably best to try going the first 4 months without booze.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:04   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
hmm.. today i had.. a cookie cause my roommate left them out. some water. 3 pickles.. and my room mate's making hamburger helper for dinner (pasta and sauce in a box.. just add cooked ground beef!)
You're so wholesome. I want to be wholesome too. Please tell me how.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:05   #9
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

thanks Yahwe, very useful indeed. the booze shouldn't be a problem, i don't drink that much as it is
We shall remember them.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:08   #10
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
You're so wholesome. I want to be wholesome too. Please tell me how.
get a shit job so you can't afford groceries. but have a roommate with a good job who can
\o/
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:15   #11
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

drink a glass of 7-month old milk (or eat, on this case, i suppose), milk's thats so spoiled that it has the texture and taste of a really sour jar of yogurt - then you get diarrhea, but dont cure it till you lose about 80 pounds... works like a charm!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:21   #12
Yahwe
I am.

right for every stupid retard who posts something that's silly and demotivational I will post you another tip to counter balance.

you've made this choice, i have to say all credit to you because it will massively improve your life.

if you can't bear not to snack or you get nibbly as we all do then try buying rice cakes or what used to be called crisp wheat. i promise these two are not only edible but quite a charming taste. no bs, sometimes i eat them simply for flavour and my dear father who is no where near a diet got quite addicted to rice cakes.

snacking on fruit is always a good idea but from your normal diet you will find it takes time for your tastebuds to change so that you actually enjoy eating it. it will take longer if by any chance you smoke.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:24   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Fat People Have No Reason To Live.

don't hate me 'cause I am long and slender and in excellent physical condition
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:26   #14
Aryn
Happy

i've been drinking more water and on occasion going to the gym (trying to fix that and go more often)
my new job requires me to stand up and walk around all day which is way better than the old one where i was chained to my desk and couldn't leave without asking :\
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:28   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
get a shit job so you can't afford groceries. but have a roommate with a good job who can
\o/
You're lying.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:29   #16
Aryn
Happy

it's the story of my life mm
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:29   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
don't hate me 'cause I am long and slender and in excellent physical condition
No, we hate you because you get to **** teenage girls in hocket outfit every single day of the ****ing week.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:30   #18
Aryn
Happy

i just hate you cause you're a prettier girl than me
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:31   #19
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

rice cakes!!! i love rice cakes, with the amount of cabohydrates and sugar in rice will keep you up and will actually give you energy to run and exercise - hit all food groups go (morning) - grow (lunch)- glow (dinner) - then twice a week (preferebaly tues and thurs) jog 2-3 miles and do calisthenics that will consist of jumping jacks, pushups, situps - will keep you in shape and healthy.. i already posted this on another similar thread and i absolutely recommend exercising.. i think you can eat whatever you want as long as you exercise.. works like a charm!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
right for every stupid retard who posts something that's silly and demotivational I will post you another tip to counter balance.
*wink*

Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:32   #20
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I tend not to worry too much about what I eat, I just try and control the calories.

Granted at the moment I'm in the not giving a shit, getting drunk, having a **** about with the lads phase and have piled on a couple of stone, but its easy to get that off again if you can just keep your calorie intake around 1200-1500 for a couple of months, I originally shed 6 stone doing that.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:34   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
No, we hate you because you get to **** teenage girls in hocket outfit every single day of the ****ing week.
tbh those 14/15 year olds, i some times come across them while grabbing a beer in town before really going clubbing ... everytime i see them getting chatted up by a boy i have eye contact with them and they are like 'tis okay' since if they go to far i strangle them

it's more that i care then that i wanna **** those small ones tho*

*although this can be seen as an investment in the future
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:39   #22
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
at your bodysize your metabolism will have slowed down, take regular short walks, use stairs not lifts, to try and bring it back in any little way you can.
i thought your metabolic rate was teh rate at which you burn callories, and as such would have expected it to be reasonably high in overweight people as they've got enough not to really care.

i was under the impression that the problem is when you start dieting, loose a couple of pounds and your body then goes 'oh bugger' and lowers your metabolic rate.

as such, occasinally eating something 'bad' can, allegedly, make you loose weight faster.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:50   #23
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

right then, as of tomorrow breakfast will be toast and orange juice. lunch will be some sort of pasta salad with an apple (mmmm apple, i love apples) and dinner will most likely not change
We shall remember them.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:51   #24
Aryn
Happy

and drink lots of water all day long
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:52   #25
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
i thought your metabolic rate was teh rate at which you burn callories, and as such would have expected it to be reasonably high in overweight people as they've got enough not to really care.

i was under the impression that the problem is when you start dieting, loose a couple of pounds and your body then goes 'oh bugger' and lowers your metabolic rate.

as such, occasinally eating something 'bad' can, allegedly, make you loose weight faster.
when you get overweight you metabolism slows for many different reasons. when you get very over weight it really really slows.

this is why just eating a lettuce leaf will not help him lose weight, he needs to get his metabolism working with him
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:58   #26
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts

You might want to try to exercise a bit more too- Try going for a run or something of that ilk.Anything to get your heart rate up a bit. I lost around a stone not too long ago pretty much just by doing this. I didnt really change my diet too much. Good luck .
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:59   #27
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

the way i think of metabolism is the control of energy from food into energy the body can use and energy that be stored for later. as such if you eat lot's of fatty foods then your body thinks "i've got enough energy here, i'll just whack the rest into storage" with the stored energy being in the form of fat
We shall remember them.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:14   #28
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On a similar note to this thread:

Assuming I don't have time to go running in the morning nor the means to go to a gym regularly, and also that I have some weird thing in the small of my back that means situps - and only situps - cause excruciating pain, what would be a good exercise rota? My main objectives, other than getting into general good shape, are upper body strength and getting rid of mister stomach. i'm fairly thin - 9 1/2 stone and 6 foot - but pretty weedy in a lot of ways and I have essentially no stamina. Help me, GD!
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:28   #29
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

I am tired of being a fatty. At the moment i weigh somewhere in the region of 15 - 19st
Bloody hell, I eat way more than you and take weight gain drinks which are 700 calories each yet still struggle to put on weight and I am barely half your weight.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:30   #30
Aryn
Happy

whats the conversion of stones to pounds again?

anyway seriously drinking more water and not sitting on my ass all day long has had drastic effects. i can pull off one of my pairs of pants without undoing them now! which is a pain as now i have to wear a belt to keep them on :P
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:33   #31
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Demon i would not suggest you move quickly from a fatty diet to a healthy one, especially cutting out much of the food you enjoy overnight.

This will only cause you to have cravings, and you will find that all your hardwork put over a few days comes crashing down when you can no longer avoid -and you end up munching on a big fat cake.

You're best of gradually cutting down. First cut down on the amount of each item you eat. For example: Chips - take 3/4 a portion compared to normal and replace that 1/4 with something healthier and less fattening. This will satisfy your stomach without causing the detriment of extra weight gain.

Continue taking more and more out of your portion over the days until you are able to without urge not eat chips.

Eventually combined with exercise your body should become used to this less-fatty diet and you will start to feel full and satisfied over lighter meals.

Oh and don't do sit ups. Do C.V workouts - they're far more effective for your requirements. Again do everything in gradual moderation. Start off doing little and build up over time.

Secondly - dont expect results overnight. It will take a few weeks to even notice the slightest change. Don't give up and don't let hardwork go to waste.

Edit: Just noticed this is similar to Yahwes suggestion. Well there you go...2 reasons to do it.

Last edited by Zar; 27 Jan 2005 at 02:40.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:37   #32
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

take the cravings, you are fat, cut down on calories or move a ****load more
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:49   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Remember to eat a balanced diet!

Try to walk everywhere as well. I do literally no physical exercise bar walking (or running if I'm late) but it really adds up presuming you a) do enough of it and b) keep to the healthy diet thing.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 07:32   #34
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

also it seems like your heaviest meal is dinner? i suggest you move your meat-based meal for lunch so youll have that 5-6 hours of burning (its amazing how much calories you burn by just being awake), and your sandwhich meal for dinner - its bad to eat a heavy meal for dinner because then you fast for 7-8 hours of sleep without really burning so you store that heavy meal in your body without using it, becomes fat.. also add a banana for breakfast potassium is good for you every morning

Unread 27 Jan 2005, 07:43   #35
Peace
angel

Peace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of light

take up running
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 08:22   #36
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're eating shitloads of carbohydrates too.
Your diet is really similar to the one I had in the first and second year of uni - and I piled on a few stone. I've managed to get it off now though.

I don't know how useful these will be to you, but try them:

-When having breakfast, have two slices of brown bread, not white bread. And no croissants.

-Avoid chips if you can. I know they're quick and easy, and nice, but there are alternatives. I used to have some form of chips or potatoes with every meal I had, but there are better substitutes.

-Do more walking. Luckily (if you look at it this way) my campus was about half an hour's walk last term. So I was walking at least an hour every day, and it did wonders for burning off calories. Now, I'm not doing that, but in my lunchbreaks I try to walk as far as possible, just to get some exercise. Running is stupid, I could never be bothered as it seemed like such an ordeal. Walking is easier, plus it's relaxing and gives you time to clear your head.

-HALVE your portions at dinner. I used to eat shitloads for a portion, because I lived with two fatties so thought it was normal. Since then, I've simply cut down how much I'd make for myself. It's simple but it works. You might start to get pangs of hunger later, but as your body adjusts to it it gets better.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 08:54   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's one simple way of dieting, which always works.

Use more energy than you eat.

See: Yahwe's post.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 10:08   #38
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yahwe for GD dietician.
Seriously though, thats very good advice, and it's all based around the good old food pyramid. Respect the pyramid

Basicly, cut the sugar. You should be eating plenty of the staples (bread, potato, cereals) - so try replacing chocolate bars with those sugar free cereal bars etc. It may not taste quite as nice but it's a damn sight healthier and will keep your appetite down for longer.
Please please please drop the chips at lunch, you must know how unhealthy they are. Fish and chips for dinner once a week won't kill you but you shouldn't be eating something this fatty every day - the sandwich or beans on toast is a much better option, obviously the sandwich being the preferred one.

And at the end of the day, exercise always has a role to play in any permanent weight loss, and anyone telling you otherwise needs a kicking.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 10:17   #39
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I realise of course that the internet is probably not the best source of advice on loosing weight, but, since i don't know where else to ask i suppose i will have to make do.

Eat less and move more
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 14:36   #40
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Plan what you're going to eat in advance, and buy only that.

Controlling what you buy is easy, controlling what you eat is hard.

Avoid sugar.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 14:51   #41
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I used to be a fatty in my late teenage years. I am sure there are all kind of magical diets that can help you with this little problem but I found out that SHOVELING UNHEALTHY SHIT IN MY BODY was the cause of my fatty apearance. So I started feeding myself with healthier stuff , in about a year I started to like my body again. Also I discovered that a little movement some now and then burns fat.

It's not that hard or complicated really, there are more satisfying things to do then EATING UNHEALTHY SHIT.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 14:55   #42
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Sit-ups won't reduce your belly alone. They'll most likely just work and tonify the muscles involved.

If want to lose weight and inches, walk at least 3 times a week and over 30 minutes each time. If you don't pass the 30 minutes barrier you won't be burning the extra energy you need to reduce mass, you'll just be burning your dayly callories comsumption.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 15:49   #43
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Surely if he just ate his daily calorie allowance (or below it), even 5 minutes of walking would burn calories, thus reducing mass?

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 15:51   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Surely if he just ate his daily calorie allowance (or below it), even 5 minutes of walking would burn calories, thus reducing mass?
You don't know how much exercise (or lack of it) the daily calorie allowance assumes. Although that's assuming that the daily calorie allowance is anything but a stab in the dark.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 16:23   #45
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If you go the gym go on one of those arc trainer machines if they have them, they seem to burn calories for fun. I'ld run over 5 miles on the treadmill and burnt about 600 calories when i looked across at a girl on the arc trainer who had worked off 400 calories in a mile or so.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 16:27   #46
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

cut out butter and have the magic 'healthy margarine' stuff instead, and also, go for some cerials rather than toast in the morning, its quicker, easier and (if you have stuff with no sugar) good for you and your heart. Also, get the coach (if they let you), that way you'll meet the walking thing slightly more often, and every once and a while get off at waltham, an hour long walk home isn't that knackering and is definately worth the effort.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 16:34   #47
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
right then, as of tomorrow breakfast will be toast and orange juice. lunch will be some sort of pasta salad with an apple (mmmm apple, i love apples) and dinner will most likely not change

Try eating porridge, apparently its really good for you - it helps reduce cholesterol and quite filling too if I remember correctly (do as I say not as I do)
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 16:46   #48
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Cut out or down on the carbohydrates. Eat five veg and meat for dinner. If you drink cider/beer, then switch to vodka and orange. Worked for me.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:09   #49
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

seriously, does anyone know how many calories w@nking burns off?
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:18   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

That depends on the amount of time spent, the weight of the individual, and a similar myriad of factors.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 27 Jan 2005 at 18:36.