User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:06   #101
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts
Re: so, the english are raping again

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
It's a shame the idiot dissapeared really.
your mother is an idiot

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:06   #102
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Well, the King of Scots became King of England, so really Scotland gained England rather than vice versa.

You're forgetting the 'Fifteen and the 'Forty-Five.
i'm no good with the british history so as they say

please enlighten me
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:07   #103
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
there were tons of kings waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before ol' jimmy (who i believe was the first non-english king of england).
Well, King William I was a Norman, for a start.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:08   #104
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perle
yes, i do like the germans. very very nice people. been living here since 8 years, never faced any racism at all. lovely people the germans. they are aware of their guilt, you see it every week in tv. they confront themselves with their past and are very sorry for their crimes.
there are 300000 jews living in germany ,you idiot.
The english could learn alot about the germans about dealing with their past.
the german government donated 500 million euros and the german people donated over 330 million for the tsunami victims.
iTS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST COUNTRY IN EUROPE.
evidently you've picked up the german sense of humour as well (he was being ironic you dolt). and in case you weren't aware, the british public have so far donated over £200 million (i don't know what that is in euro's, nor do i particularly care). And don't forget who saved your embassy in the 80's

EDIT: also, if bush get's his way, you're next
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:10   #105
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
you know so little history if thats what you truly believe. Can anyone spell "OTTOMAN"......
hmmmmm..

the ottomans didnt create iraq, you dont know any history.
no wonder you dont think that your history was awfull

Iraq was carved out of the old Ottoman Empire by direction of the UK government on January 10, 1919, and on November 11, 1920 it became a League of Nations mandate under British control with the name "State of Iraq".

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...q#Modern_Times

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:13   #106
Perle

Quote:
. And don't forget who saved your embassy in the 80's

who saved what embassy when??
in the 80s?? i dont give a damn about an embassy of the tyranical iranian regime. you shouldnt have saved it. but helping tyrans who serve your interest have always been top priority hasnt it??

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:15   #107
Perle

Quote:

im sure the english lapdogs will be joining him. cant miss a good war and raping other countries, can we???

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:16   #108
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've never raped anyone.

edit : Statutory rape doesn't count, right?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:16   #109
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Britain has a history to be proud of. No Country has achieved more since the Romans. The Industrial Revolution is obviously one of our biggest accomplishments.... a few million deaths here and there as part of our growth and supremacy is obviously something we had to cope with.

And I notice how he forgets to mention the way we were the only Country who managed to fight alone against Nazi Germany, saving the lives of countless millions of innocent Jews.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:17   #110
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Quote:
cant miss a good war and raping other countries, can we???
you cant rape countries dude
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:19   #111
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I've never raped anyone.

edit : Statutory rape doesn't count, right?

you gang banged tho haven't you dante, ive heard the rumours!

and perle how far back do you want me to apologise for?
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:22   #112
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
i'm no good with the british history so as they say

please enlighten me
The English kicked out the Stuarts (the Scottish Royal House who had become Kings of England as well as Kings of Scots in 1603) and replaced them with the Dutchman William of Orange and his wife (who was the daughter of King James II). The Scots and Irish didn't like this very much, and the Scots, who were mainly Jacobites (supporters of the Stuarts), rebelled in 1715 ("the 'Fifteen") under the Earl of Mar only to be crushed by the Duke of Argyll and then rebelled again in 1745 ("the 'Forty-Five") under Bonnie Prince Charlie (who would have been King if the Stuarts hadn't been kicked out) and were crushed again by the Duke of Cumberland. So although the Scottish King got the English throne his successors managed to be kicked out of the country and fail miserably to retake their throne, and, to top it all off, a century before that Charles I (James I's son) managed to lose his head by order of the English Parliament.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:22   #113
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
who saved what embassy when??
in the 80s?? i dont give a damn about an embassy of the tyranical iranian regime. you shouldnt have saved it. but helping tyrans who serve your interest have always been top priority hasnt it??
actually, we were saving the lives of the innocent iranians who had been taken hostage, one of whom was murdered by the hostage takers
We shall remember them.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:24   #114
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Iraq was carved out of the old Ottoman Empire by direction of the UK government on January 10, 1919, and on November 11, 1920 it became a League of Nations mandate under British control with the name "State of Iraq".

we made iraq because the ottoman empire collapsed and something needed to be done with all the land with the anarchy and the so on.

demon dave, shut up. you havent stopped being an idiot yet. you combined racism, a non-sequitur, pointless and daily mail-esque comments about the euro and the iranian embassy and finally some blindingly obvious and totally irrelevant political commentary into 65 words of pure shite. well done!
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:25   #115
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
we made iraq because the ottoman empire collapsed and something needed to be done with all the land with the anarchy and the so on.

demon dave, shut up. you havent stopped being an idiot yet. you combined racism, a non-sequitur, pointless and daily mail-esque comments about the euro and the iranian embassy and finally some blindingly obvious and totally irrelevant political commentary into 65 words of pure shite. well done!
why don't you shut up and go get butt ****ed by your boyfriend (yes, i can discriminate against gays as well)
We shall remember them.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:26   #116
Perle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Britain has a history to be proud of. No Country has achieved more since the Romans. The Industrial Revolution is obviously one of our biggest accomplishments.... a few million deaths here and there as part of our growth and supremacy is obviously something we had to cope with.
yes very proud of. who cares about a few million deaths. screw them . who cares if the germans killed 6 million jews right??? instead they offered the world so many accomplishements. screw the massacres.

Quote:
And I notice how he forgets to mention the way we were the only Country who managed to fight alone against Nazi Germany, saving the lives of countless millions of innocent Jews.

this is so dumb. its so funny how the americans and the british tend to romanticize WW2. there is one country that defeated the nazis. it was not england and it was not the USA. it was the country that lost more than 27 million people in ww2. it were the sovjets and not the britans or the americans who stopped the nazis. d-day had no significant role in ww2. 80% of the german army was in the eastern front.
go read history dude

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:29   #117
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I know my World War II history.

If you do, you'll know that the Soviet Union did not stand up to Germany, they were napped until Hitler broke it AFTER we won the Battle of Britain. I never said we won it, I know the Soviets did, and that the turning point was Stalingrad.

The point remains, Britain fought Nazi Germany alone, and survived until we got help.

And your first point is bollocks aswell, the Nazi's contributed nothing to the modern world. Britain has contributed an immense amount.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:33   #118
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And your first point is bollocks aswell, the Nazi's contributed nothing to the modern world. Britain has contributed an immense amount.
Rocketry?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:35   #119
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
im sure the english lapdogs will be joining him. cant miss a good war and raping other countries, can we???
You know, it's an interesting and curious fact that everyone in England supported the war on Iraq. Not a single dissenter.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:42   #120
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

hey how far back am i meant to apologise for?
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:44   #121
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
just wondering: are you what was his name? m.ar.d?
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:50   #122
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
hey how far back am i meant to apologise for?
I think we should start at around 1775.

Rate Thread:
1 - Terrible
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:52   #123
Perle

Quote:
I know my World War II history.

If you do, you'll know that the Soviet Union did not stand up to Germany, they were napped until Hitler broke it AFTER we won the Battle of Britain. I never said we won it, I know the Soviets did, and that the turning point was Stalingrad.

The point remains, Britain fought Nazi Germany alone, and survived until we got help.

you obviously do not know your ww2 history. operation barbarossa (invasion of sovietunion) was after the battle of britain. hitler never had an interest of invading britain. his ideology was to attack the sovjets. he was defeated by the sovjets, if he really had concentrated his forces on defeating britain, he would have succeeded.

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:54   #124
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Quote:
you obviously do not know your ww2 history. operation barbarossa (invasion of sovietunion) was after the battle of britain.
Well done.

But his point that, for a time Britain alone was at war with Germany still stands.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:00   #125
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
you obviously do not know your ww2 history. operation barbarossa (invasion of sovietunion) was after the battle of britain. hitler never had an interest of invading britain. his ideology was to attack the sovjets. he was defeated by the sovjets, if he really had concentrated his forces on defeating britain, he would have succeeded.
Re read my post, I said the invasion of the Soviets was AFTER the Battle of Britain.

The Nazi's had plans to invade Britain, this didn't happen because WE HAD CONTROL OF THE AIR and then he turned to the Soviet Union to mount a large attack there. I know the Soviets suffered greater losses and inflicted greater losses than anyone, I do not deny it. I am saying that Britain stood alone with more testicles than anyone.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:07   #126
Perle

Quote:
Re read my post, I said the invasion of the Soviets was AFTER the Battle of Britain.

The Nazi's had plans to invade Britain, this didn't happen because WE HAD CONTROL OF THE AIR and then he turned to the Soviet Union to mount a large attack there. I know the Soviets suffered greater losses and inflicted greater losses than anyone, I do not deny it. I am saying that Britain stood alone with more testicles than anyone.
yes , because the germans were concentrating their army to atack the sovjet union. And i dont know how the air battle of britain saved jews. you really have to explain that to me.

Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:09   #127
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
yes , because the germans were concentrating their army to atack the sovjet union. And i dont know how the air battle of britain saved jews. you really have to explain that to me.
If Britain had been invaded, we would have been beaten easily.

If we had lost, USA would be a lot more reluctant to enter the war.

More Nazi soldiers would have been in the East fighting Russia, prolonging the conflict, maybe even letting Germany beat the Soviets.

This would have resulted in a lot more dead Jews.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:18   #128
The_Fish
ND

Also, if USA had been forced to go to war, they wouldn't have attacked Europe, they would have attacked the Pacific, leaving the Nazi's with a much easier time.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:18   #129
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Britain has a history to be proud of. No Country has achieved more since the Romans.
Rubbish.

The Indians & Chinese etc... have achieved (relatively) far more than both the Romans or British could ever hope to achieve.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:21   #130
The_Fish
ND

what have the Indians and Chinese achieved?

Apart from a nice takeaway on a friday night.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:28   #131
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
The English kicked out the Stuarts (the Scottish Royal House who had become Kings of England as well as Kings of Scots in 1603) and replaced them with the Dutchman William of Orange and his wife (who was the daughter of King James II). The Scots and Irish didn't like this very much, and the Scots, who were mainly Jacobites (supporters of the Stuarts), rebelled in 1715 ("the 'Fifteen") under the Earl of Mar only to be crushed by the Duke of Argyll and then rebelled again in 1745 ("the 'Forty-Five") under Bonnie Prince Charlie (who would have been King if the Stuarts hadn't been kicked out) and were crushed again by the Duke of Cumberland. So although the Scottish King got the English throne his successors managed to be kicked out of the country and fail miserably to retake their throne, and, to top it all off, a century before that Charles I (James I's son) managed to lose his head by order of the English Parliament.
that i actually did know, but i didn't know the phrase.

you always learn something right?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:31   #132
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

please tell me, what exactly did britain give to the rest of the world?
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:33   #133
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:

Algebra, Numerals, Zero, Compass, Paper, Navigation, Pi, Trig, Calculus, Printing

and before you ask.... yes Newton was late in discovering things that were well known on the other side of the world long before this little british man was credited with the discovery. Same goes for Pythagoras

etc..etc..etc..

Arguably these cultures discovered almost everything fundamental to recent discoveries or inventions. This makes their achievements much greater.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:34   #134
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
Algebra, Numerals, Zero, Compass, Paper, Navigation, Pi, Trig, Calculus, Printing

etc..etc..etc..

Arguably these cultures discovered almost everything fundamental to recent discoveries or inventions. This makes their achievements much greater.
didn't the greeks come up with most of that?
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:36   #135
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
massive techonological advances.

Industrial revolution being the biggest.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:36   #136
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
didn't the greeks come up with most of that?
No. The Greeks were a subject of cross-border influence. They ended up learning most of these things from the Arabs (who had learnt from others themselves) and the Greeks spread their knowledge westwards.

As history has mainly been spread by western european powers, Greeks have been given most of the credit...however if you dig further into history you realise that the Greeks came up with very little themselves (or at least discovered most of these things a few hundred years late)
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:38   #137
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
No. The Greeks were a subject of cross-border influence. They ended up learning most of these things from the Arabs (who had learnt from others themselves) and the Greeks spread their knowledge westwards.

As history has mainly been spread by western european powers, Greeks have been given most of the credit.
promise me, PROMISE me you aren't about to tell me the Indians were responsible for Pi.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:41   #138
wu_trax

Quote:
massive techonological advances.

Industrial revolution being the biggest.
oh, please, don't start with a few inventions now, that's a bit thin. in most countries there have developed a few quite important things. that hardly makes you special. (besides you can hardly say that you rock because there were a few smart people who could have lived anywhere and would have done the same thing)
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:42   #139
wu_trax

Quote:
promise me, PROMISE me you aren't about to tell me the Indians were responsible for Pi.
isn't Pi a greek letter or something?
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:43   #140
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Well PI as it is known as "Pi" was obviously named after Pythagoras. However many cultures including the Indians, Chinese, Egyptians and Babylonians knew the value of what we associate as "Pi" (3.1415..) long before Pythagoras was even born. Certain cultures were more accurate than others.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:45   #141
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
Well PI as it is known as "PI" was obviously named after Pythagoras. However many cultures including the Indians, Chinese, Egyptians and Babylonians knew the value of what we associate as "PI" long before Pythagoras was even born. Certain cultures were more accurate than others.
yes, but 'we' (as europeans, so to speak) came up with it on our own, so you can hardly call that influence they had on us.
if the chinese did contribute anything it was gunpowder, but as far as i know 'we' turned it into a weapon, so that we could kill each other (and a lot of others) more efficently. that i would call a cultural influence.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:49   #142
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
yes, but 'we' (as europeans, so to speak) came up with it on our own, so you can hardly call that influence they had on us.
If europeans came up with it on their own... it is as most of ancient history shows - that the europeans were a backwardly, unintelligible group of cultures who discovered most of the fundamentals a few hundred years later than others (in the ancient world. Quite obviously this has changed in modern times).

However it is very likely that (along with the other discoveries), cross-border influence was responsible for knowledge or at least the concept being passed along in order to create the theory.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 00:55   #143
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
The Germans were not concentrating their forces against the USSR at ANY time during the Battle of Britain and were fully committed to the struggle against Britain.

Of course our victory in the Battle of Britain saved the lives of Jews. Without Britain in the war, the US wouldn't have joined in. If they ever did get round to fighting Hitler, there wouldn't have been a single Jew left in Europe. Russia made the greatest sacrifice in the Second World War and the greatest contribution towards the Allied victory, but that doesn't mean she could have won it single-handedly. Without Britain, Russia would have missed out on the substantial aid they gained from the entry of the US into the war, German production would have been uninhibited, the Luftwaffe could have concentrated it's full strength against Russia, and Germany would have had a relatively small number of additional troops available to fight in the East. Moreover, Operation Barbarossa would have begun weeks earlier, since Hitler would not have needed to intervene in Greece. These factors may well have been sufficient to tip the balance in Germany's favour.

Your argument, like virtually every single historical (or other) generalisation is hopelessly flawed. Britain has done many good things for the world, and many bad things for the world. I fail to see how you can justify the statement that the 'English people' are rapists because roughly half of them supported what they saw as a war for their own protection and the liberation of Iraq. Do you seriously think everyone in Britain said "let's kill some Iraqis, steal their Oil and re-establish the British Empire!"? Do you seriously think every English person supports the actions of a few retards who thought it would be amusing to abuse Iraqi prisoners? Do you seriously think that because people express pride in their country's past achievements, every British person would support mass-murder tomorrow if they thought it would be in the British national interest?
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 01:02   #144
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just for reference, this thread does fall under certain categories of the rules pertaining to trolling and abuse, but since its currently so active and vociferous, its fine for it to go on.

But the personal abuse ends right now. Next one giving it "Your momma" or "Go get butt****ed by your boyfriend" gets a 24 hour pass to Nowheresville (temp ban).

Regards
The Management
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 01:26   #145
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: so, the english are raping again

This thread is so full of hate-filled bile and nonsensica it makes my head spin.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 02:12   #146
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Early lightbulbs, steam engines, jet engines, locomotives, penicillin, radar and television to name just a few
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 02:22   #147
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
oh, please, don't start with a few inventions now, that's a bit thin. in most countries there have developed a few quite important things. that hardly makes you special. (besides you can hardly say that you rock because there were a few smart people who could have lived anywhere and would have done the same thing)
In that case, we'll have to refer to systems rather than specific things. So, modern democracy, common law and the modern university system for starters.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 02:46   #148
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

you really are a complete fool arnt you....

Did it occur to you that the reason we began carving up parts of the old ottoman empire was because it collapsed in on itself? We moved in when a power vaccuum emerged after YEARS of conflict between the islamic and western spheres of influence. If we had not moved in then total anarchy would have been created in the region. As it stands, yes mistakes were made, but i see no reason to apologise for it. Someone else would have had to do it if we had not.

What is it that you want?
A UK wide apology for our history? (all several thousand years of it?)

Or would you prefer to make sweeping generalisations based on your very limited historical knowledge of world events. Knowledge that has clearly been somewhat biased by whatever education (if indeed any) you have recieved...

I think im safe in saying that not a single other member of this community has read this and gone 'COR BLIMEY HES RIGHT!!!2122123'

doesnt this tell you anything?? ... that you may infact.....HEAVEN FORBID......BE WRONG?!!?!
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 03:21   #149
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Perle for mod.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 03:23   #150
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
In that case, we'll have to refer to systems rather than specific things. So, modern democracy, common law and the modern university system for starters.

Actually we invented the computer which i think is probably one of the greatest achievements of modern man.

Charles Babbage and all that.

"Over the past 50 years, according to Japanese research, more than 40 per cent of discoveries taken up on a worldwide basis originated in the United Kingdom."
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote