User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:38   #51
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Help me get out of strut

I think I may have a zinc deficiency...
What foods are high in zinc?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:41   #52
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I think I may have a zinc deficiency...
What foods are high in zinc?
No idea, but supplementation isnt particularly expensive - a £4 bottle will last you over a month. Most multivitamins contain zinc also (I think mine has 15mg or thereabouts).
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:42   #53
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just to 'prove' the Pepsi max thing,

Quote:
Originally Posted by some Googles website
Here is the caffeine content of some popular energy drinks and soft drinks (per 250 mL).

Red Bull - 80mg
Naughty Boy - 80mg (wonder wtf that is)
"V" - 78 mg
Coca-Cola - 48.75 mg
Diet Coke - 48 mg
Diet Coke Caffeine-Free - 2 mg
Pepsi - 40 mg
Diet Pepsi - 44 mg
Pepsi Max - 44 mg
Well, at least it's better than Diet Coke.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:43   #54
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Btw nod - why is it saunas flushes out ie: zinc yet you're saying to have an intake of it? IIRC. we often get a zinc intake from pollution so therefore it's toxic?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:45   #55
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Btw nod - why is it saunas flushes out ie: zinc yet you're saying to have an intake of it? IIRC. we often get a zinc intake from pollution so therefore it's toxic?
A fair few enzymes in your body need zinc in a similar way that Haemoglobin requires iron.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:47   #56
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
No idea, but supplementation isnt particularly expensive - a £4 bottle will last you over a month. Most multivitamins contain zinc also (I think mine has 15mg or thereabouts).
But supplements are known to be nowhere near as good as getting it from natural ingredients.
We shouldn't need supplements if we have a balanced diet...
http://www.beef.org/documents/zinc_c...mmon_foods.pdf
I just had a steak for lunch

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:47   #57
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm neither a nutritionist nor a chemist, but from a quick google, isn't it zinc sulphate that causes a problem in pollution rather than zinc?
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:48   #58
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
But supplements are known to be nowhere near as good as getting it from natural ingredients.
Known by who?

Last edited by Nodrog; 4 Jan 2005 at 16:56.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:55   #59
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Known by who?
A quick Google says Experts know.
Quote:
Experts agree that the basis of good nutrition is a well-balanced diet and that vitamin supplements are no substitute for it. Excessive amounts of some vitamins (especially vitamins A and D) taken as supplements over a prolonged period have proved harmful, so depend on a well-balanced diet to supply all your vitamin needs.
ok that's vitamins not minerals but there are plenty of reports around to suggest that the body can't absorb the minerals properly in tablet form - this is especially true with Iron.

Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:55   #60
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Known by who?
There were studies that found this to be the case. Now when vitamin adverts are on the tele they have to clarify some of their statements in small writing at the bottom.

Anyway, google said food is the best source.

(EFB to some extent)

For the record I take those 3 in one things when I'm at uni - vitamins, probiotic things and something else. As you can see, I pay great attention to what I'm shoving down my throat.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:58   #61
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
ok that's vitamins not minerals but there are plenty of reports around to suggest that the body can't absorb the minerals properly in tablet form - this is especially true with Iron.
Supplements, as the name suggests, should be used to supplement a balanced diet rather than to replace one, but this doesnt imply that vitamins contained in pills are somehow inferior to those contained in whole foods. Why would it matter where the zinc came from? In what way does the vitamin C contained in pills differ from the vitamin C in oranges? And so on.

Also, 'excessive amounts' is a fairly meaningless term. An "excessive" amount of anything is bad for you, but this is just a statement about what the word 'excessive' means in English rather than being a fact about vitamins or anything else.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 17:03   #62
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I can't find any evidence of this on google, but I did find that iron in tablet form is the standard treatment for iron deficiency, so I'm sceptical. Do you have a link?
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 17:14   #63
Ste
Bored

The Iron thing isn't what I found on Google. I thought it was well-known. There's nothing wrong with taking supplements. It's just much better eating a healthy diet than taking them.

Iron supplements are pretty much useless without Vitamin C anyway and generally you need special slow-release Iron tablets to have any effect as the kidneys filter out the sudden Iron intake quite quickly.
This was told to me by a doctor.

Unread 4 Jan 2005, 17:30   #64
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks for telling me after - so how else are you supposed to cure headaches?!

Anyway, I'll try the eating food & water combo although I just typically drink Pepsi Max - too much heh
headaches are a natural reaction to your body creating a harsh environment for the foreign invaders. You shouldn't cure them with suppressants like paracetamol, these will only serve to lower your immune system and in the long term make headaches more likely. Instead eat plenty of fruit (apples are good for headaches) and drink lots of water. Rest the headache off.

Also the exercise suggestions i see are good. Not only will exercise make you stronger and fitter, if done properly it will work out your muscles forcing them to break down and rebuild. This requires a tremendous amount of energy from your body and you will feel sleepy.

As for supplements - these should only be used if you are not receiving adequate minerals and vitamins, especially if you are unable to receive them naturally. I'm not going to go into depth about this, but consider that supplements and drugs are provided by multinational pharmaceuticals who are driven completely by the desire to profit maximise - and it wouldn't make sense to their profit margins if everyone was in perfect health (due to their drugs). I'll leave you to ponder that.

Last edited by Zar; 4 Jan 2005 at 17:48.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 17:44   #65
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Exclamation Re: Help me get out of strut

Each ejaculation contains a couple of milligrams of zinc.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 17:50   #66
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
As for supplements - these should only be used if you are not receiving adequate minerals and vitamins, especially if you are unable to receive them naturally. I'm not going to go into depth about this, but consider that supplements and drugs are provided by multinational pharmaceuticals who are driven completely by the desire to profit maximise - and it wouldn't make sense to their profit margins if everyone was in perfect health (due to their drugs). I'll leave you to ponder that.
I'd like to hear you go into depth about this, it sounds pretty funny and it'll probably involve jews at some point.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 17:57   #67
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'd like to hear you go into depth about this, it sounds pretty funny and it'll probably involve jews at some point.
Well you're not going to get it. If you don't have an open mind before i talk about it, there is little point me going into it. Hence the reason why i did not want to go into depth about it in the first place.

Secondly i doubt you have any knowledge about how pharmaceuticals work, and contrary to my usual conspiracy beliefs, this time im backed up by my father who is actually involved in the industry and is able to see how it operates.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 18:08   #68
Nodrog

please?
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 18:36   #69
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
please?
POTW
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 19:44   #70
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
As for supplements - these should only be used if you are not receiving adequate minerals and vitamins
no shit, sherlock
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 19:51   #71
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
no shit, sherlock
you would be surprised how many people use them even if they are receiving a healthy amount in a normal diet. Additionally many people think that they can get away with not receiving a healthy amount (by eating naturally), and take supplements to fill in the rest.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 19:52   #72
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
headaches are a natural reaction to your body creating a harsh environment for the foreign invaders. You shouldn't cure them with suppressants like paracetamol, these will only serve to lower your immune system and in the long term make headaches more likely. Instead eat plenty of fruit (apples are good for headaches) and drink lots of water. Rest the headache off.

Also the exercise suggestions i see are good. Not only will exercise make you stronger and fitter, if done properly it will work out your muscles forcing them to break down and rebuild. This requires a tremendous amount of energy from your body and you will feel sleepy.

Thanks - You should be a doctor or something

Luckily, apples are the only fruit I actually like (fresh etc.) \o/

What happens if I take the supplements (on a school-day, my days are VERY long and I don't have time to cook fresh meals) and eat fruit?
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:02   #73
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I don't have time to cook fresh meals) and eat fruit?
Eating fruit doesnt exactly take up a hell of a lot of time.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:08   #74
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar

I hardly ever get headaches, and when i do, i can make them go away by thinking and concentrating on it, imagining a white light spreading through my head, and it goes away.

does this mean i have super powers?
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:17   #75
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
What happens if I take the supplements (on a school-day, my days are VERY long and I don't have time to cook fresh meals) and eat fruit?
I'm sure you are able to eat a breakfast? Many people these days simply skip breakfast, which imo is the most important meal of the day. A breakfast will give you the energy to function in the morning (half the reason people feel sleepy in morning class is because of a lack of breakfast). Additionally your brain 'needs' food. If you deprive it of the nutrients and minerals it needs in the morning you can't expect it to function at full capacity . Add a fruit if possible.

- try eating a breakfast (healthy one mind you) every morning and see how much more alert and energized you feel.

I'm assuming your school provides you with lunch? Although school lunches are never the best in the world, that should provide for this time of day. Try add at least one fruit with your lunch meal.

Try to have a snack of some kind after school/work. If possible it is better not to have junk food - but these days its almost impossible not to indulge in something tasty so if you really need a glucose booster then eat something (but in moderation mind you!). Add a fruit if possible.

As for dinner, is there no way you are able to eat? Parents to cook? You to cook? To be honest dinner is the least important meal of the day. You'll find that most cultures in the world tend to have larger lunches and smaller dinners. It is only certain countries in the west that have the tradition of a larger dinner. If you have eaten sufficiently throughout the day, you'll find that you aren't that hungry when it comes to dinner and can survive with a smaller meal. If this is not possible for you and cooking is harder then i suggest that when you come home from work you try and eat a few smaller meals every few hours instead of one large meal (dinner). This is just as healthy (if not better). Avoid eating too much sugar. Add a fruit if possible.

There you go, a full day of healthy eating. Hopefully 4 sets of fruit (try to make them different fruits if you can). Add some exercise - only every other day (muscles take 48-72 hours to break down and regenerate) and you should hopefully start feeling better. I know it takes a lot of work but hey it will set you up for a better future.

Lastly may i add that you shouldnt drink alcohol. Although alcohol may make you feel tired, it reduces the amount of REM sleep that you receive. Alcohol severely effects the serotonin and norepinephrine levels in your body and this is the reason why after a night of drinking most people feel incredibly tired the next day (even if they have slept for hours)

Lastly, there was a time where i used to eat and live by the above (i.e plenty of fruits, exercise and good meals). However recently ive started to slack off and i can feel the difference. I sleep less, i feel more tired during the day and i fall ill more often. I think you've inspired me to get back into the normal routine. Cheers!

...now to find a banana!

Oh and to answer your question. If you eat plenty of fruits and good food you can scrap the supplements altogether. You'll be surprised how many vitamins and minerals you can get from a small amount of foods. Do a little research and find out what you should eat and what you should add to your diet to make up the rest.

Last edited by Zar; 4 Jan 2005 at 20:27.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:17   #76
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Eating fruit doesnt exactly take up a hell of a lot of time.
WTF? That's not my quote - my question was actually related with the bit BEFORE what you quoted - what happens if I take SUPPLEMENTS and then eat FRUIT - both have vitamins in ...
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:24   #77
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
I'm sure you are able to eat a breakfast? Many people these days simply skip breakfast, which imo is the most important meal of the day. A breakfast will give you the energy to function in the morning (half the reason people feel sleepy in morning class is because of a lack of breakfast). Additionally your brain 'needs' food. If you deprive it of the nutrients and minerals it needs in the morning you can't expect it to function at full capacity

- try eating a breakfast (healthy one mind you) every morning and see how much more alert and energized you feel.

I'm assuming your school provides you with lunch? Although school lunches are never the best in the world, that should provide for this time of day. Try add at least one fruit with your lunch meal.

Try to have a snack of some kind after school/work. If possible it is better not to have junk food - but these days its almost impossible not to indulge in something tasty so if you really need a glucose booster then eat something (but in moderation mind you!). Add a fruit if possible.

As for dinner, is there no way you are able to eat? Parents to cook? You to cook? To be honest dinner is the least important meal of the day. You'll find that most cultures in the world tend to have larger lunches and smaller dinners. It is only certain countries in the west that have the tradition of a larger dinner. If you have eaten sufficiently throughout the day, you'll find that you aren't that hungry when it comes to dinner and can survive with a smaller meal. If this is not possible for you and cooking is harder then i suggest that when you come home from work you try and eat a few smaller meals every few hours instead of one large meal (dinner). This is just as healthy (if not better). Avoid eating too much sugar. Add a fruit if possible

Lastly may i add that you shouldnt drink alcohol. Although alcohol may make you feel tired, it reduces the amount of REM sleep that you receive. Alcohol severely effects the serotonin and norepinephrine levels in your body and this is the reason why after a night of drinking most people feel incredibly tired the next day (even if they have slept for hours)
Yeah I have breakfast everyday but they don't offer any healthy alternatives (at school) - sausages, hash browns, you know the score etc. - I have freshly squeezed orange juice but that helps little heh. It doesn't make much difference though heh (I'm not surprised either).

Yeah, I eat lunch everyday there - not the best but not the end of the world. I often have pasta, bread roll, butter and an apple on the side along with Cucumber & sweetcorn.

As for the snack thing - I take a Lucozade orange energy tablet thing - it helps during the long busy journeys I have to take after school (2 in total).

As for the last bit on alcohol - I now drink like only 10 times a year max - I severely cut down last year after a near-accident

Thanks though dude
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:26   #78
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

added some extra stuff in an edit

oh and let me know in the future if anything i suggested makes a difference, would be good to know!
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:30   #79
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
WTF? That's not my quote - my question was actually related with the bit BEFORE what you quoted - what happens if I take SUPPLEMENTS and then eat FRUIT - both have vitamins in ...
Sorry dude, i've been revising all day and seem to have lost the ability to read properly now .
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:35   #80
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
added some extra stuff in an edit

oh and let me know in the future if anything i suggested makes a difference, would be good to know!
Well you helped me so every little helps (you going back to your routine - well you say you will )

Thanks for the added info. My problem is that I only like Apples on they're own (I don't like other fruits fresh/on their own etc.) - I often have ie: strawberry smoothe or milkshake (I hate chocolate full stop heh) and Sunny Delight but Sunny D is only helpful for Vitamin C - actually - are fruit juices ok?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Sorry dude, i've been revising all day and seem to have lost the ability to read properly now .
It's ok dude, <3 JC <3
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:43   #81
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Well you helped me so every little helps (you going back to your routine - well you say you will )

Thanks for the added info. My problem is that I only like Apples on they're own (I don't like other fruits fresh/on their own etc.) - I often have ie: strawberry smoothe or milkshake (I hate chocolate full stop heh) and Sunny Delight but Sunny D is only helpful for Vitamin C - actually - are fruit juices ok?!
Have you tried Cucumbers and Carrots? These tend to be quite nice on their own. Just cut medium length slices of them and eat them alongside your dinner.

Fruit juices are ok i suppose (although fresh juice is significantly better). Avoid Sunny D. It contains a lot of crap and is not good for you.

Read:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3257820.stm
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:45   #82
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I always eat oranges when I leave the house (which is pretty regularly thanks to my busy social life ). The only bad point about this is that I just throw the skins away (orange peel can't be that bad for the environment though, is it?)
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:47   #83
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Least you should hopefully have a new CD to listen to tomorrow
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 20:49   #84
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
Have you tried Cucumbers and Carrots? These tend to be quite nice on their own. Just cut medium length slices of them and eat them alongside your dinner.

Fruit juices are ok i suppose (although fresh juice is significantly better). Avoid Sunny D. It contains a lot of crap and is not good for you.

Read:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3257820.stm
Guess I'll be cutting out Sunny D then :|

I eat cucumbers at lunch everyday Carrots I don't mind but if they're dry - urgh!! There is a salad thing where you put some oil and a bit of pepper or something on - can't remember which - which my taste buds quite like and I'm able to eat (other than cucumbers) tomatoes, lettuce etc. - I also eat brocolli alot
----------retired-------