User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jan 2005, 16:26   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Help me get out of strut

I woke up for the 2nd day running now at 3:15pm ish - every holiday I go to bed late... and get into the typical student strut - going to bed 2-4am and waking up 12-3pm - how'd the hell I get out of it?!
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 16:32   #2
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help me get out of strut

you either go all the way round and don't sleep for one night, or you force yourself to get up early one morning

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 16:32   #3
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Do something to tire yourself out, and go to bed at a reasonable time
Or set enough alarms for a reasonable time in the morning so you'll definitely wake up, and then you'll be sufficiently tired the next night that you can go to bed earlier
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 16:46   #4
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

i have exactly the same problem. I hate it, you end up wasting half the day!
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 16:56   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just gradually push it earlier back - so instead of getting up at 2, get up at 12, then 10, then 8.
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 17:02   #6
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

at about 10pm start drink a whole bottle of red wine
that makes me sleep like a baby

personally i reccomend the stay up thing
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 17:03   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Cheers

Tis going to be a big task though -
----------retired-------
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 18:01   #8
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

androme? - i thought you wanted to get out of the problem, not solve it (temporarily).

Trust me i've tried all these remedies (getting up earlier, going to bed later etc..) it doesnt work. The solution will be temporary and you will slowly revert back to your normal attitude of going to bed late, getting up late.

The best solution is to find something to do in the day, as i imagine at the moment for you the night is more interesting because you have more to do (pubs, tv etc are usually better at night).

Finding something to do is the hard bit. As a student life is so much better at night, and i imagine you have little to do back home either. So remedies are - get a job, do revision, go for a run in the morning etc.. something that you can be bothered to wake upto in the morning. The fact that you have nothing to wake upto is the reason you get up so late.
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 18:41   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i get in this situation all the time, i normally just HAVE to get up early one day for one reason or another, then do, then i end up going to bed at a normal time again \o/
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 18:44   #10
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I thought you said 'Help me get out of Struct'.

and I was like, 'Fag'...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 20:15   #11
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
androme? - i thought you wanted to get out of the problem, not solve it (temporarily).
Getting out of it tempoarily helps towards a long-term solution

Thanks for the tips - I'll try and do something =/ - I just find going to bed later so much more 'peaceful' and I go clubbing & bars & pubs which shut late so that's the main problem
----------retired-------
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 20:19   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Light up a couple fags (lol) and hold them by your eyes until you're in seething agony. At least your eyes will feel tired!
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 20:22   #13
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy

and I was like, 'Fag'...
That's... worrying... yes... very worrying. I don't want Androme "in" me.
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 20:23   #14
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy

and I was like, 'Fag'...
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 20:34   #15
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
I don't want Androme "in" me.
I would never even go near you in a million years. No idea what bug infestations exist in your half-man half-robot entity
----------retired-------
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 02:50   #16
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

From my experience, doing the whole staying up backfires. Because if you are a student, you tend to remain awake for two or three days, and then get knackered enough to get to sleep at a reasonable time. However, after 30 odd hrs you get the killer of all migraines which even export strength vodka can't cure, and itstivcks around until you get so tired you pass out.

Best thing to do is set as many alarms as you can for the following morning, and read a book for as long as you can. It may be sad to say this, but the lord of the rings is perfect for this. The olde english just tires you out after a couple of chapters.

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 02:55   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
However, after 30 odd hrs you get the killer of all migraines which even export strength vodka can't cure, and itstivcks around until you get so tired you pass out.
As someone who regularly stays up for over 24 hours in a row I've found that you only get headaches if you fail to eat and drink enough. Of course either you or I may be somewhat medically unique in this respect but I'd advise ensuring you consume enough energy and stay well hydrated next time you try staying up for ~30 hours!

Edit: In relation to the original question I suggest the getting up early (8 or 9) and staying awake the whole day, going to bed at a reasonable time that night.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 02:56   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It can't be 'healthy' staying up all that time though, can it?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 02:58   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unhealthy things are what makes life worth living.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 02:59   #20
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah but I love sleep.
You can do anything whilst your sleep, it's warm, it's cozy, you're lieing down. What's not to like? In fact why do I ever get out of bed?
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 03:04   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

Getting out of bed is probably the most difficult part of my day (it's not exactly that strenuous heh). I'm pretty sure it's the change in temperature from inside the covers to out that makes it so horrible. There might be something unique and/or psychological about it though as I never find I have that problem when I sleep in someone else's house.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 03:05   #22
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why has no one questioned the use of the word 'strut'?
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 03:06   #23
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Getting out of bed is probably the most difficult part of my day (it's not exactly that strenuous heh). I'm pretty sure it's the change in temperature from inside the covers to out that makes it so horrible. There might be something unique and/or psychological about it though as I never find I have that problem when I sleep in someone else's house.
2nd use of the word unique in relation to yourself.

Unread 3 Jan 2005, 03:10   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

I meant unique in the sense that people in general somehow adjust to their own beds leading to a "perfect" temperature arising. Thanks for assuming though :)))
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 03:12   #25
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I meant unique in the sense that people in general somehow adjust to their own beds leading to a "perfect" temperature arising. Thanks for assuming though ))

no problem.

i want you to stop reading the daily mail after all
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 03:46   #26
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i get this problem a lot, especially at uni when i sometimes stay up late watching sports on five (american football or baseball) the best solution is to stay up all the way thru until the next night. miles easier than gradually going from getting up at 2pm to midday to 10am etc. either that or get yourself some weed and start smoking it around 4pm and dont stop until you fall asleep (dont set fire to the bed tho!)
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 09:52   #27
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Get a job that requires you to get up at Silly O'clock am.
then stay up all day without a mid afternoon nap an go to bed at an early hour in the evening.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 11:54   #28
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
Get a job that requires you to get up at Silly O'clock am.
then stay up all day without a mid afternoon nap an go to bed at an early hour in the evening.
I was wondering where you've been...
----------retired-------
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 14:25   #29
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i stay up more than 24 hours now and again... not 'fairly regularly' though. And i have never got a headache of any kind... i reckon this could just be a personal problem chick.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 23:31   #30
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
I was wondering where you've been...

Student/Working = nil free time.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 00:25   #31
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
Student/Working = nil free time.
Less beer, more IRC.
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 00:37   #32
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Less beer, more IRC.
Most stupid thing you've ever posted.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 01:33   #33
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Most stupid thing you've ever posted.

In other news, I can't get any ****ing sleep - I've been awake for 32 hours now, I've taken endless no. of paracetemol tablets to stop the headaches/migraines, I've taken a hot & cold shower (2 seperate times), even tried laying in the bed for few hours with eyes shut etc. to no effect - is there any medication?!
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 02:10   #34
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

yes, you go to your GP and ask for some sleeping pills. pretty obvious i would've thought
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 02:17   #35
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

I usually try the same tactic - have a few spliffs ready for when college starts... Only flaw to that is that when the weed runs out I can't sleep for days, but *shrugs* I never learn.
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 06:07   #36
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

do an allnighter
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 06:19   #37
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:

In other news, I can't get any ****ing sleep - I've been awake for 32 hours now, I've taken endless no. of paracetemol tablets to stop the headaches/migraines, I've taken a hot & cold shower (2 separate times), even tried laying in the bed for few hours with eyes shut etc. to no effect - is there any medication?!
Don't take paracetamol - it is not good for you.

Eat some food about 30mins before going to bed. After eating food your metabolism increases significantly as the enzymes break down the food. This will make you feel sleepy. Drink plenty of water also.

If none of this works, i recommend seeing a doctor who might prescribe you Valium/Diazepam, (sleeping pills) or something similar.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 12:45   #38
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

if all else fails and you cant sleep...take some Benolyn (drowsy cough medicine) it'll send you to sleep easilly

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 13:31   #39
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Bang your head repeatedly against a hard surface until

a) the pain reaches such a level that to continue would mean certain death, or

b) you knock yourself out.

Foolproof.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 13:37   #40
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sex helps you sleep - Sleep endorphines are released, always pisses of the lady
So have sex (preferably) or masturbate (more likely) and then you will sleep perfectly
(Nadval - don't use either of these suggestions - warm milk for you!)

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 13:53   #41
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
Don't take paracetamol - it is not good for you.

Eat some food about 30mins before going to bed. After eating food your metabolism increases significantly as the enzymes break down the food. This will make you feel sleepy. Drink plenty of water also.

If none of this works, i recommend seeing a doctor who might prescribe you Valium/Diazepam, (sleeping pills) or something similar.
Thanks for telling me after - so how else are you supposed to cure headaches?!

Anyway, I'll try the eating food & water combo although I just typically drink Pepsi Max - too much heh
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 14:13   #42
Stew
Made of Twigs

Doesn't Pepsi Max have caffeine in that will stop you getting to sleep? [/hint]
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 14:56   #43
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Exercise more and try taking zinc before bed. Don't attempt to go directly from getting up at 3pm to getting up at 9am; try waking up a couple of hours earlier each day until you're sorted.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 15:52   #44
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Doesn't Pepsi Max have caffeine in that will stop you getting to sleep? [/hint]
I thought being sugar free it wouldn't have any caffeine in either - ie: used sweetners instead?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Exercise more and try taking zinc before bed. Don't attempt to go directly from getting up at 3pm to getting up at 9am; try waking up a couple of hours earlier each day until you're sorted.
Try taking zinc?! Sure, I'll just go to my local chemist, ask for some metal and start chewing on it asap - I do take multi-mineral, multi-vitamin & other tablets everyday (yeah yeah all supplements but pft) and the multi-mineral one has zinc in it - should I take that at night instead then?
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:11   #45
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

What do you need to get up for?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:22   #46
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I thought being sugar free it wouldn't have any caffeine in either - ie: used sweetners instead?!
That would be Sweeteners instead of Sugar. Not Caffeine.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:23   #47
Androme
☆ ♥ 

School is starting *very* soon and I have to be awake at 6am everyday so yeah - waking up @ 3pm is kind of a problem since school finishes @ 4pm anyway...
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:25   #48
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Not Caffeine
Fs.

So the headaches I'm getting are more or less down to the Pepsi Max... damn Pepsi - I bet they've modified the caffeine or putting coke in because I find caffeine & coffee revolting :|
----------retired-------
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:28   #49
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Try taking zinc?! Sure, I'll just go to my local chemist, ask for some metal and start chewing on it asap - I do take multi-mineral, multi-vitamin & other tablets everyday (yeah yeah all supplements but pft) and the multi-mineral one has zinc in it - should I take that at night instead then?
It was just a suggestion, and it went alongside the 'do more exercise' part. Personally when I've done a fairly heavy workout, I become tired at night and can fall asleep easily even if I've only been awake for 12 hours or so, but I often wake up during the night and have trouble getting a good night's sleep. Apparently one reason for this is zinc deficiency, caused by exercising. If you can sleep fine after doing something fairly intense, then you probably don't need to take zinc and should just run a lot or whatever until you're tired and can fall asleep at an early-ish time.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 16:31   #50
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
School is starting *very* soon and I have to be awake at 6am everyday so yeah - waking up @ 3pm is kind of a problem since school finishes @ 4pm anyway...
Poor you. I get full education*, and I can get up whenever I please. But not just to be a asshole, you should start to train. I slept like a stone the time I trained Thai Boxing. It's great, it's fun, you can beat up nerds and steal their lunch money, and you get sleep!
Or do the hash thing. That was my little helper when I went to regular school.

*I take everything as exams. I read two-three days before the exam. The exams start, at earliest, 17.00.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote