User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:03   #1
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts
jesus of nazareth but no nazareth in the first century????

OK, I know my source is biased to say the least. But it still raises some very interesting questions. Why is nazareth not mentioned in any source except the bible??
no archeological evidence either.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/nazareth.html

I think the question is very interesting, How could there be a jesus of nazareth if there was no nazareth?????

Galilaea was very small and josephus(the famous historian) mentions alot of towns in it but no nazareth whatsoever

WHY????

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:06   #2
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: jesus of nazareth but no nazareth in the first century????

Dunno.
"who wrote the bible" was a good programme. Channel 4 Christmas day.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:58   #3
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Maybe its a name or something....

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 11:39   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Some sort of cipher code you are all missing /danbrown
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 12:14   #5
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

That page is rather silly. It's already been established Jesus as a historical person existed during that time, the discussion today is more if the 'miracles' he performed really happened.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 13:52   #6
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Dunno.
"who wrote the bible" was a good programme. Channel 4 Christmas day.
Did you think so? I thought he took a very interesting subject and presented it very very badly. He was extremely biased which is fine, he obviously feels strongly about the subject, but I always find programmes like that work better if they merely present the facts and allow you to reach your own conclusion. Btw I only watched the first 45 minutes of it so maybe it got better after that?

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 16:04   #7
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

No after that he got stuck into Rome's part in editing the bible
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 16:52   #8
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perle
OK, I know my source is biased to say the least. But it still raises some very interesting questions. Why is nazareth not mentioned in any source except the bible??
no archeological evidence either.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/nazareth.html

I think the question is very interesting, How could there be a jesus of nazareth if there was no nazareth?????

Galilaea was very small and josephus(the famous historian) mentions alot of towns in it but no nazareth whatsoever

WHY????
Must be a case of local knowledge here. Hey; post codes change; multimap is n`t always right?
I used to live in North Cornwall years ago. Tourist People would ask me where "Morewenstow" was. It`s a parish; not a village; even if the map says other wise.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 18:01   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I remember reading an article a while back on how the Bible we are used to in the west is very much a bastardised version of the pure text. They stated that there is plenty of evidence to suggest that in many cases it was badly translated (either intentionally by the church or by mistake) which has changed some of the bibles meaning.

The page you pointed to does suggest that this is perhaps the case.

Also theres probally a good chance that over time the stories have just got changed. Its quite conceivable that the places ahve been changed due to facts getting forgotten or them being made more familar to amke the stories better. I mean put 100 of us in a room to witness an event and your get a differnt account from everyone as people forget some of the facts and as the story gets passed along the errors will get greater. This no doubt happened with the bible stories, infact it could be very much a case of Jesus and the other charachters in the bible being like Robin Hood or King Arthur and while theres an element of truth in the story most of it is actually a collection of events that happened but involving differnt people whom have been lumped together over time.

Or it could just be that Jesus is actually no more real that Frodo, Harry potter or Aslan and the bible is infact just an elabrote collection of fiction whos aim is to just teach its readers some lessons in a way that they would be receptive to
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 18:18   #10
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

I've read somewhere that some historical evidence points to the fact that Jesus travelled to India and Tibet during his "missing years", where he studied Buddhism and learnt from Yogis. He then repeated his learnings when he came back. People always prefer stories so this was the way he told them (apparently there are starking similarities between buddhism and the parables). However being the morons that they were, they misinterpreted metaphors for reality, and hence what was a philosophy turned into a belief in "god".

His miracles were apparently those that were taught by yogis and because the people he showed had seen nothing like it before, misinterpreted them as miracles, rather than "energy tricks" (so to speak).

So basically Christians are Buddhists who have managed to get the concept of Buddhism completely wrong.

So by this theory and others, Jesus was definately either:

1) A Buddhist
2) A loon
3) A stoner
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 19:47   #11
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Aslan isn't real?! :(((

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 23:01   #12
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Did you think so? I thought he took a very interesting subject and presented it very very badly. He was extremely biased which is fine, he obviously feels strongly about the subject, but I always find programmes like that work better if they merely present the facts and allow you to reach your own conclusion. Btw I only watched the first 45 minutes of it so maybe it got better after that?
Yeah I agree it could of been better presented. But as I was passionate about the subject it didn't matter much.

At one point he went to Palestine/Israel and talked to one israeli, who was in charge of some Synagogues, and he said the old testiment was definitely the word of God and hense why the Israelis belong where they are now. Then he went somewhere else in the west bank and talked to a Palestine Church leader, and the leader refered to the same text and said as the text talked of the right men have against being chuck out of their land so the palestines also belonge there.

And then the presenter talked of who taking the Bible word for word wasn't really that clever, as it can be made to say anything.

He later talked to one church leader who said that yes the bible was made by man which the spirit guided so as not to put lies in the bible/put their current political slant on it etc.

Then the presenter said surely if the spirit guided the original authorers of the bible they will guide you and me when making critical judgements of the bible. Which lets Christians critise the Bible and still be good Christians as far as i'm concerned.

That one point made me like the programme.

Last edited by Weeks; 29 Dec 2004 at 05:53.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 00:25   #13
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

There have been plenty of people who have argued the opposite.

There is less evidence for the existence of Julius Caeser than for the Crucifixion, according to one book I have read.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 02:45   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
I've read somewhere that some historical evidence points to the fact that Jesus travelled to India and Tibet during his "missing years", where he studied Buddhism and learnt from Yogis. He then repeated his learnings when he came back. People always prefer stories so this was the way he told them (apparently there are starking similarities between buddhism and the parables). However being the morons that they were, they misinterpreted metaphors for reality, and hence what was a philosophy turned into a belief in "god".

His miracles were apparently those that were taught by yogis and because the people he showed had seen nothing like it before, misinterpreted them as miracles, rather than "energy tricks" (so to speak).

So basically Christians are Buddhists who have managed to get the concept of Buddhism completely wrong.

So by this theory and others, Jesus was definately either:

1) A Buddhist
2) A loon
3) A stoner

I came to the "Jesus studied Budhism" conclusion years and years ago (like when i was <14) without reading a book about it.

"Pld me" etc.

Anyways as such i agree with what Zar said.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 02:46   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

BTW Zar what was the name of the book?
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 03:13   #16
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

didn't read a book. Just read various internet sites out of curiosity

google: st issa buddhism (an example)

BUT there was a book released:

In 1894 Nicolas Notovitch published a book called The Unknown Life of Christ.

http://reluctant-messenger.com/issa.htm
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 03:17   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

k ta