User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:01   #1
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Living Wills

With all the fuss being made in the UK over the Mental Capacity Bill I was wondering if people agreed with it and perhaps euthanasia or if you think this is going too far and shouldn't be allowed.

Also are there any ever conditions where you would want yourself to denied treatment instead of living?

Personally I would allow them and if they did would probably make one as well. I would hate to be confined to bed, unable to do things for myself or even communicate properly.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:05   #2
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: Living Wills

I am inclined to object to euthanasia on any grounds, but it is a difficult issue.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:08   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think the choice should be left up to each individual in question presuming they've been made fully aware of the various details involved. If they cannot decide themselves (coma or whatever) and they have left no specific directions on what to do if scenario x arises then I would keep them alive instead of letting the family members decide.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:14   #4
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

http://www.ethicsforschools.org/euthanasia/euth3.htm

The above is quite an interesting article from one perspective on the subject of euthanasia.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:18   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I read as far as "before looking at what the bible says".
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:20   #6
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

christians are troublemakers
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:21   #7
Boogster
I dunno...

Notice I didn't refer at all to what perspective it was from?

Foiled again.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:22   #8
Boogster
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
christians are troublemakers
The irony is striking here, I think.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:23   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Notice I didn't refer at all to what perspective it was from?

Foiled again.
You certainly owned me up real good.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:26   #10
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
The irony is striking here, I think.
don't make me deface a bible....

.....don't.....don't....don't..don't

oh you naughty boy. look it''s all defaced now :/

Pray for me. Pray for my sins so that i don't go to hell. Please pray and tell me about how jesus died for my sins. Please?
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:28   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
don't make me deface a bible....

.....don't.....don't....don't..don't

oh you naughty boy. look it''s all defaced now :/

Pray for me. Pray for my sins so that i don't go to hell. Please pray and tell me about how jesus died for my sins. Please?
Don't make me deface your account.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 01:28   #12
Boogster
I dunno...

Uh, I'm not sure whether you thought I would get offended here; in any case, I'm not, suffice it to say.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:29   #13
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

VERY MUCH ALIVE
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:35   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

HIS POLITICAL CAREER MIGHT BE DEAD BUT HE'S NOT
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:37   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

HE CAN'T DIE ... HE STILL HAS SOOO MUCH LOVE TO GIVE
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:43   #16
Dace
so f*cking zen

AT THE PEAK OF PHYSICAL HEALTH AND FITNESS ... WELL ALMOST
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:47   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

STILL GOING STRONG THANKS TO PLENTY OF FIBRE
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:48   #18
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have no energy to nominate these for POTW =(
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:49   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

THE "H" STANDS FOR "HEALTHY"
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:51   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I have no energy to nominate these for POTW =(

:(
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 17:16   #21
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

I think that Euthanasia, gay marriage and abortion should be encouraged.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 17:19   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

So we're talking about an FFM threesome in which one woman is having an abortion and the other one is a paraplegic?

Fantastic.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 17:37   #23
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd watch.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 17:38   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

Watch? I intend on being the guy in the middle.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 17:40   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Would you not have to be the homosexual? Afflicting a paraplegic with gay seems a bit far, dude
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 17:49   #26
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i also hate old people
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 17:59   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Would you not have to be the homosexual? Afflicting a paraplegic with gay seems a bit far, dude
FFM. They're gay. I'm just in a menage a trois.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:04   #28
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There are absolutely no rational grounds for opposing euthanasia. None whatsoever.

Regarding whether I'd voluntarily choose to die, yes, assuming that my illness was severe enough (I'm talking loss of some crucial bodily or mental function here).
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:12   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

What if the new really stupid you wanted to live though? Oh the problems of identity
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:27   #30
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If there was a new me then I'd have died silly.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:32   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

Unless you were trapped in his mind and if the doctor performed a complicated operation you'd re-emerge but he didn't want to undergo the complicated operation so you were trapped for eternity (or at least until he died)

PS This would be much easier if you were made from planks of wood.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:34   #32
Nodrog

Philosophy of mind is stupid, good job getting out of that degree.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 18:40   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

All of the atoms in my body have been replaced since that time so I'm not really comfortable accepting praise for actions I did not do but thanks anyways!
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:01   #34
Dace
so f*cking zen

If the atoms which replaced the atoms which were lost were identical then it really was you and as such you deserve praise you fagging mick.

You need to prove that atoms are different before you get all "emotional".

YOU FAG!
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:14   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

They probably weren't. I've got some extra facial hair atoms now anyways.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:20   #36
Dace
so f*cking zen

you lose brain cells all the time.

Maybe the "new" face hair cells correspond to the lost brain clells.

Worth thinking about anyways.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:39   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

We're talking about atoms here dear.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 02:00   #38
Dace
so f*cking zen

substiute "cells" for "atoms" in my argument you poofter
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 02:12   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a brain atom.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 02:17   #40
Dace
so f*cking zen

there's an atom (plenty of them in fact) in a brain cell etc
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 02:26   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

Ah so the troll becomes the trolled
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 02:31   #42
Dace
so f*cking zen

better a troll being trolled than a fag (you) being fagged (on your way home from the pub)
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 02:33   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

Stop taking midge's thread off topic please.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 05:18   #44
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Euthanasia should be allowed. Im only using this as an example not for sympathy but my grandad at the moment is dieing and he can't be cured. He has days to live and he cancer. At the moment he is blabbering on about rubbish and is "tripping" for want of a better word - as in he is seeing stuff that isnt there (we dont know if he these are effects of his medicine or what). He is in a lot of pain and even though he is on morphine or dia-morphine he is still in pain. My grandad is not old for a grandad and still had tons of life in him before this all started.

Now personnally i am a strong believe in quality of life over quantitiy of life and the doctors are sure he is not going to get better. Since this has all started he has regularly said that if the cure didnt work then he wanted to never go back to hospital because of his strong belief in quality over quantity (he agrees with me there) and i promise he wont go back to hospital because of this. Now he is in pain has no control over himself or his actions and is sadly waiting to die.

It is cases like this that leaves me no doubt in my mind that if people want to die in situations like this it is there ****ing right to. Honestly dont respond to this with aww im sorry about your grandad i would like to say right now thanks for all your concerns but i justed wanted to paint a picture of why i so strongly believe that if a person would want to die and is in this sort of condition then it is there god given right to do so. It is the persons choice.

Like i said quality of life over quantity and right now the quality is gone. Please argue with this if you dont agree i would like to here what overs think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
There are absolutely no rational grounds for opposing euthanasia. None whatsoever..
To right Nodrog and if anybody has any then i would like to hear them
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote