User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Jan 2010, 17:04   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Hull change

1) Make all Hulls available to research from the the start.

2) Each research for hulls is 3600 (36 hours approx).

3) Remove the research restriction on Xan.

4) Unify ETA on all units.

5) Launch all fleets on current "CR/BS" ETA's (base eta 13).

6) Add 5th research line for Travel Time (so max is -5, eta 8 with max research).

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 17:19   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hull change

why
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 17:21   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't get 3). Each race has different research speeds, there is no "restriction on xan", just a slower speed. If anything pa should be faster so people can actually do shit if they have some time for it. I do like 1), I proposed something like that before and I'm sure there are plenty of similar suggestions floating around in terms of decreasing the amount of linearity in PA. 4) would, in my opinion, decrease the tactical element which exists in PA and as such I'd be opposed. EIther way this suggestion is about as likely to be implemented as I am to grow wings and fly to Pluto to apologise for the fact it's no longer considered a planet. I'm actually slightly confused as to why you'd even bother posting it (no offence intended to the quality of the suggestion).
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 17:38   #4
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

The current ETA system was based on the old style single pod stats, now each race has a POD type(s).

TER have to train up to DE before they can get an attack fleet (most will likely go to BS), while xan only need do first level.

I also dont see why the restriction on research on xan is any good. Doing it the above way is better for all.and is more balanced.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 18:15   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Who cares about balance, we need fun. Gate's set of stats was the most balanced ever, it was terrible.
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 19:34   #6
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Who cares about balance, we need fun. Gate's set of stats was the most balanced ever, it was terrible.
This isnt a stats thing, more a gameplay thing.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 21:56   #7
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Didn't you suggest this before without any good reason? Or was that someone else?
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 00:38   #8
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Are you referring to the stats when EMP fired more efficient on T2 than T1? I found that rather weird.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 02:24   #9
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

it was so much balanced you couldn't attack anyone and nobody could attack you...
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 15:22   #10
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

I actually like suggestions #1 and #2. Not sure about 4. For one, it probably simplifies faking. While you could argue it is good for offense, dcing could become a nightmare if the attacks are done properly, and people lose their fleets, it'll just cost players. You could argue that it doesn't make that much of a difference, since you can fake about as well anyway, but it makes it more accessible in any case.

Also, similar eta times would really destroy fr/de, although single stats could counter that.