User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Jun 2009, 21:04   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Remove limits on population settings, with side effects.

So here is thought on alernative population settings.

The Alternative Way (Dont get something for nothing)

1) All population areas start on Nominal levels (Zero)
2) To increase in one area, you have to decrease another by the same amount.

Example
1) Set Shipwrights to -20%
2) Set Mining to +20%

So now your ships take 20% longer to build, but you have 20% more mining.

This way could also replace governments.

Current Way (Modified)

Any points above upper limit, are divided by the remaining areas, and rounded up (so never below 1).

1) Set mining to 50% (25% over the 25% Limit).

2) All other areas are now reduced by 7% (25% divide the 4 other areas = 6.25% then round up).

Notes: You still have a 100% pop limit in total. Also an area can go below Zero.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2009, 21:09   #2
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Re: Remove limits on population settings, with side effects.

And this will improve the game because......... ?
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2009, 22:25   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're not removing the limit, just lowering it by 100% (from 200%).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 05:04   #4
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

It adds to the diversity of the game, so im for it.

Not really sure if the 2 previous posts are for or against tbh.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 05:53   #5
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Does not add any real game play in terms of "choices the player has to take" but instead offers something "for those in the know" to exploit early on.

In other words: I dislike this.
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 06:30   #6
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Does not add any real game play in terms of "choices the player has to take" but instead offers something "for those in the know" to exploit early on.
How so?

Arent players given the ability to chose 75% research to hit hulls/eta/scans asap? Or possible dist/value whores to jack up cons to 75%? I see these as choices the player has to make, and is highly relevant to each individuals play path/style, as opposed to an elitist leg up.

Suppose its just me tho.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 07:37   #7
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

If you look at the first way I try to go about it is, you can get up to 100% mining (25% is current max), but you have to reduce at least 1 area by 100% to balance out.

Basically I wanted to see this...

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 08:06   #8
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Zieger Otterman eh
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 09:06   #9
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Zieger Otterman eh
I was trying to think of non-crappy sounding names.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 12:56   #10
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Yeah so much for that plan...
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 14:18   #11
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
If you look at the first way I try to go about it is, you can get up to 100% mining (25% is current max), but you have to reduce at least 1 area by 100% to balance out.

I did perfectly understand the way you want this to work, don't worry about that. The point is that there are enough time slots in this game where you can afford having -100% shipwrights / researchers / etc for a couple of ticks every day. This in turn means that the system you suggested does not actually increase the reward of a player's decision he takes there, but instead it rewards activity (i.e. I can maximize the effects my population settings have if I log in often enough).

So I really don't see this change being something that benefits the gameplay experience, except for those who spend an awful amount of time on this game every day (and even then it's not necessarily better gameplay but just a tool for faster planet growth -> earlier stagnation).
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 21:08   #12
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

The point you raise, Heartless, could easily be solved by only letting people change settings once every x ticks.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 01:58   #13
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

Where do i get that skin?

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote