User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 23 May 2010, 23:10   #1
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Startup

So, with this passport system allegedly coming out next round, could we please have the ability to save a startup to be autoperformed when we sign up? Going through this shit every round is pretty annoying.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2010, 23:33   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Startup

I'd say 'no'. Doing the quests takes about a minute and it really doesn't matter if you lose some resources here or there.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2010, 23:39   #3
Firebird

I agree with linkie such a pointless waste of time!
Unread 24 May 2010, 00:00   #4
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

I would say 'yes'. I dislike repetitive tasks.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2010, 02:45   #5
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Because five (at most) minutes every 10 weeks ruins the PA experience!

In other words, no.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2010, 09:00   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
I would say 'yes'. I dislike repetitive tasks.

What are you playing PA for then?
Unread 24 May 2010, 09:25   #7
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

I feel owned... :/
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2010, 10:28   #8
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

No, because there is nothing else to do at round start.
Unread 24 May 2010, 11:30   #9
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Because five (at most) minutes every 10 weeks ruins the PA experience!

In other words, no.
Honestly, it's not about how long it takes/doesn't take. It's more about how ridiculously tedious it feels to do it over and over again. Considering how easy it would be to make it simpler, I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
No, because there is nothing else to do at round start.
You would still be able to do it manually every time if you wanted to.

Unread 24 May 2010, 11:48   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You don't do it "over and over again". You do it for 2 minutes (and I'm being generous), 5 times a year. The amount of effort it saves is not worth the development time.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 May 2010, 12:01   #11
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You don't do it "over and over again". You do it for 2 minutes (and I'm being generous), 5 times a year. The amount of effort it saves is not worth the development time.
Multiply by number of people as well, otherwise it's hardly a honest representation.
Unread 24 May 2010, 12:18   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Not necessary.
Unread 24 May 2010, 12:23   #13
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

I really cant see the point in this tbh, it takes very little time to do, i did mine just now while on my lunch break it only took a minute or so. It's not a big deal imo.
Unread 24 May 2010, 12:24   #14
Linkie
fanboy

Quote:
Actually, how much time we use vs. how much time they use is pretty irrelevant. What's relevant is how much return they get (happier customers, more people buying credits, and so forth) vs. how much time they spend.

Unread 24 May 2010, 12:31   #15
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Wrong approach to the problem. Instead of automating a process that's boring it would be more meaningful to turn this boring process into something that is more fun.
Unread 24 May 2010, 12:33   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I find it hard to imagine that our enjoyment of the game will significantly increase if we didn't have to use those two minutes at round start. There are plenty of things that cost less time and increase our enjoyment of the game more.
Unread 24 May 2010, 12:41   #17
Linkie
fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Wrong approach to the problem. Instead of automating a process that's boring it would be more meaningful to turn this boring process into something that is more fun.
I agree! But that probably takes more time too. This would be a nice temporary solution I think.

Quote:
I find it hard to imagine that our enjoyment of the game will significantly increase if we didn't have to use those two minutes at round start. There are plenty of things that cost less time and increase our enjoyment of the game more.
It would make a pretty big difference to me. I find this to be the worst thing all round actually.

Unread 24 May 2010, 13:31   #18
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i´m with heartless

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 02:06   #19
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is something I have to do with all my planets every round!
It take alot of my time, and it would help my cheating alot if you plz removed it.

I really really hate the quests as they dont help me do anything when I have played this game all my life plz - remove- thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 02:19   #20
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Well i have to agree with MZ here

How boring it might be for the experienced player, its a helpful startup guide for the new players. And it really doesn't take much of our time.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 10:34   #21
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
It would make a pretty big difference to me. I find this to be the worst thing all round actually.
Then you´re one lucky player I guess
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2010, 03:46   #22
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
Well i have to agree with MZ here

How boring it might be for the experienced player, its a helpful startup guide for the new players. And it really doesn't take much of our time.
You should re-read, he said it's an option to auto-perform if you want.

I'd use this if it was added, i'm sure most people would. I wouldn't be bothered if it wasnt added. Only takes a little while to start-up. I do usually put off signing up till last couple days because I cba doing it.

Guess to a lesser degree it's like the 'Perform' option on mIRC, imagine if that wasn't there and you had to manually join all the channels !
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2010, 10:51   #23
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
So, with this passport system allegedly coming out next round, could we please have the ability to save a startup to be autoperformed when we sign up? Going through this shit every round is pretty annoying.
Yes, let's make the game even dumber. Why not make profiles: cat scanner, ter scanner, maxed out res, maxed out roids, cheater.

ffs, a new low in ridiculous requests
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2010, 11:04   #24
Linkie
fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Yes, let's make the game even dumber. Why not make profiles: cat scanner, ter scanner, maxed out res, maxed out roids, cheater.

If you read what I said, you'd realise you'd have to make your own startup to save. Thereby only having to do it once, and then be able to repeat it. Besides, it's not like the different setups are all that complicated, it's just tedious work.

Unread 1 Jun 2010, 13:41   #25
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post

The cheater profile, does that include 3 or 5 extra planets?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2010, 14:27   #26
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If you read what I said, you'd realise you'd have to make your own startup to save. Thereby only having to do it once, and then be able to repeat it. Besides, it's not like the different setups are all that complicated, it's just tedious work.
what about this: once you've done the quests once, you never have to redo them again in all your life... but you don't get the bonus either.