User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 9 Mar 2010, 11:34   #1
Notic

Notic is an unknown quantity at this point
Buddy packs/private galaxies?

Hi,

I am returning to planetarion after many years and I would like to invite some of the people, but it seems im missing the option to create galaxy with password or similar option like this upon registration?

And one more thing, can the game be played for free the whole round?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance
Notic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2010, 11:42   #2
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Buddy packs/private galaxies?

You can create a buddypack of upto 8 players (private gal) on the preferences screen ingame.
And yes, the game can be played for free just fine. Paid accounts get a one-time research or construction and bonus or roids upgrade. More info on that here: http://game.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=825749200229

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2010, 11:52   #3
Notic

What if there are more of us? No way to get all people in same galaxy?
Unread 9 Mar 2010, 12:09   #4
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Maximum 8 unfortunately. You could always do 2 gals and play in the same alliance though. That way you get -1 ETA def bonus to everyone in the other galaxy.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2010, 13:22   #5
Razock

Razock is an unknown quantity at this point

hi yeah i just returned to planetarion after 9 years. since i'm a teacher don't have all the time in the world but willing to do more then my best. but if anyone don't mind if i fill up a last spot in bp gal please lemme know. may lack some skills, for now. sorry if my reply is in the wrong place. thx.

razock
Razock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 01:42   #6
Notic

Some people from my buddy pack ended up in different galaxies? is that how its suppose to be? Or we getting moved to same system once round kicks off?

Hi Raz,
Our first buddy pack is full trying to convince more people from my corp to make a 2nd buddy pack.
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 02:58   #7
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

yes the universe will "shuffle" at tick 12, then everyone who input the same BP codes will end together.
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 08:21   #8
Razock

Well Notic if there is a place for me lemme know. Thx for the effort.
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 12:16   #9
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Glad to see new people putting an effort, hope they dont get demotivated when they are farmed to the ground

Its part of PA for the first round(s)

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 20:19   #10
Razock

Well if you wanna know a game, or try to get it back in your brains, you should try it to play as it supposed to be..right
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 20:21   #11
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Great attitude, thanks for playing.
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 21:10   #12
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

I was being serious btw. Coming from me, I wouldn't blame people for thinking that was sarcasm, but it wasn't.
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 20:29   #13
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
yes the universe will "shuffle" at tick 12, then everyone who input the same BP codes will end together.
Wow, seriously, wow. In a round advertised as having private galaxies, this is one of the most confusing decisions that could have been made. If you're doing private galaxies, do them properly, not as oversized buddy packs!
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 20:31   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This seems like a pretty reasonable way to do it. You sign up, you get 7 people to join your BP and at tick 12 you get an 8-man private galaxy.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 20:40   #15
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

It makes me feel bad, but I agree with Mz, even if he does look like an unemployed writer :/
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 20:43   #16
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

If I'm joining a private galaxy, when I sign up and enter the code, I expect to end up in that private galaxy. I don't want to have to wait 12 ticks for it to happen, it's just confusing, I haven't chosen to go random (or semi random (buddy packs)), I've chosen private. I suspect that the only information confirming my joining the private galaxy is hidden away on the preferences page too?
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 20:44   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fair enough. Then again, I hardly blame PA Team for taking the path of least resistance.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 20:45   #18
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
If I'm joining a private galaxy, when I sign up and enter the code, I expect to end up in that private galaxy. I don't want to have to wait 12 ticks for it to happen, it's just confusing, I haven't chosen to go random (or semi random (buddy packs)), I've chosen private. I suspect that the only information confirming my joining the private galaxy is hidden away on the preferences page too?
It seems to me it was probably the easiest way make private gals without a ass load of coding tbh
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 20:51   #19
ellonweb

I don't think it would take more than an hour, 3 max with thorough testing, to implement such changes and this is just being lazy. It's the wrong attitude to take, but as we all agreed on IRC, at least interesting changes are being made. It's worth pointing out that my main issue here is that this will be most confusing for newbies or people returning from a long time off (of which there seem to be a fair few popping up this round).
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 09:16   #20
E-Choke
Pipo P
Mumu Champion

E-Choke is an unknown quantity at this point

Never, but I really mean never tell the public how long it could take to program. You don't know how the code is made, how the whole setup is, ... . In fact you know nothing to base your assuption on.

It's clearly shows you have no respect to the PA team.
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 10:06   #21
Razock

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Choke View Post
Never, but I really mean never tell the public how long it could take to program. You don't know how the code is made, how the whole setup is, ... . In fact you know nothing to base your assuption on.
True, and dont forget that the PA-team have lifes as well...or at least i hope so.
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 11:25   #22
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

You cant really complain at how they've implemented it. As after all, this is basically a testing round for private galaxys.. If it works well and the PA Team decided they want to keep private galaxys in for the future, they will then refine the signup procedure and shuffle to accomodate them. Theres little point taking the time to code that at the moment incase after this round the PA Team decides they no longer want private galaxys.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 15:30   #23
ellonweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Choke View Post
Having coded a similar game myself, made similar changes to said game, and being in general a decent programmer, I feel that I do in fact have some knowledge on which to base my very imprecise estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You cant really complain at how they've implemented it. As after all, this is basically a testing round for private galaxys.. If it works well and the PA Team decided they want to keep private galaxys in for the future, they will then refine the signup procedure and shuffle to accomodate them. Theres little point taking the time to code that at the moment incase after this round the PA Team decides they no longer want private galaxys.
You're right that this can be seen as a test-bed, and I hope that if PATeam do choose to stick with private galaxies they do refine the system. I do still feel disappointed that the time wasn't taken to polish off what is arguably the most significant change in PA's special 10 year celebratory round.
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 17:28   #24
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I feel that I do in fact have some knowledge on which to base my very imprecise estimate.
No, because you are not outlining the reasons for your estimation. For example at the end of the day your skills can be as good as possible when the stuff you have to face is Codethulhu in which case your estimate can become annoyingly far off.

Last edited by Heartless; 14 Mar 2010 at 17:35.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 17:55   #25
ellonweb

We're getting sidetracked here, this is my main point:
Quote:
I do still feel disappointed that the time wasn't taken to polish off what is arguably the most significant change in PA's special 10 year celebratory round.
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 18:15   #26
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

In that case I think we should all be a lot more disappointed that the most significant change are private galaxies instead of getting entertaining gameplay.