User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 4 Aug 2009, 17:49   #1
Sonic

Sonic is on a distinguished road
Personal Intel feature

What i'd like is a personal intel feature. The "normal members" of an alliance sometimes dont have access to the alliance intel. Or have to request it on irc. and then re-request if you dont write it down or cant memorize all the planets in the uni...
What I would like is a feature where you can update your personal intel, heard a nick somewhere, know some intel you dont want to forget, put it into your personal intel.

Dont know if its possible, and how it would look.
It could light up when you put your mouse over it, or a box next to the planet
Dont know if you should be able to mark planets as friendly as well, or add alliances, that kinda stuff. I would like this.

Is it possible, and how does it interfere with alliance intel?
Do people see the advantages of this.

Sonic
Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2009, 18:11   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Personal Intel feature

It would be a lot easier if alliance HCs would just give members the intel they want. And I don't mean in an "ask officers for an arby check" kind of way. I mean a "here, have your own arby access" kind of way.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2009, 18:17   #3
Sonic

that would be easier, but doesnt always happen.
Unread 4 Aug 2009, 19:40   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Then demand it. *shrug*
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 5 Aug 2009, 00:04   #5
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

It's a useful suggestion.

Someone doing the covert ops line might put a bit of info for themselves saying "don't bother, too many guards" so if they go looking for targets and forget about X:Y:Z being a target to avoid - then hopefully a note would remind them.

Obviously it would need expanding a bit to cope with any comments - but the intel system could do with improvements anyway.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2009, 06:12   #6
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Good suggestion, the more ingame tools we have the better. We waited 30 rounds for an ingame bcalc though...
Unread 5 Aug 2009, 08:58   #7
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
but the intel system could do with improvements anyway.
Your right, compared to the ingame intel system of 5 rounds ago this one sucks.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2009, 09:19   #8
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I still think that joining an alliance should automatically tag a planet up publically to everyone. Maybe I'll create a thread on that once again at some point.
Unread 5 Aug 2009, 09:48   #9
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
I still think that joining an alliance should automatically tag a planet up publically to everyone. Maybe I'll create a thread on that once again at some point.
That sounds like fun, for the people who are actually in decent alliances.

Last edited by Alessio; 5 Aug 2009 at 15:23.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2009, 22:59   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
suggested that myself a long time ago but never happened
Fear of unallied people / small ally people getting bashed (like that doesn't happen allready )

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 10:41   #11
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It would be a lot easier if alliance HCs would just give members the intel they want. And I don't mean in an "ask officers for an arby check" kind of way. I mean a "here, have your own arby access" kind of way.
Most alliances won't play the 'asc-style' way. Altough some alliances are trying to copy it this round (and some failing miserably) the game should not take into account the way alliance x or y plays, but rather start from the pov of a single player.
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 10:54   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm not saying everyone should play the Ascendancy way (well, sometimes I do, but not in this thread), all I'm saying is that you should trust your members or not recruit them. What possible good could hiding your intel from your own members have?
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 12:49   #13
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

At this stage of the round probably nothing.

I can see a reason why alot of alliances choose to hide it from their members in the first few hundred ticks. Not every alliance has the luxury of having half the community willing to join them. Most alliances can't be to selective. This means an easy way in, also for spies.
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 12:57   #14
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Does anyone seriously still use spies? :|
The cold war is over guys, stop living a life of paranoia!
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 14:05   #15
Sonic

off topic maybe?

Ok, imagine you play and are not in an alliance/decent alliance. Does anyone like this idea?
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 15:07   #16
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

yes I like it.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 16:19   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
I can see a reason why alot of alliances choose to hide it from their members in the first few hundred ticks. Not every alliance has the luxury of having half the community willing to join them. Most alliances can't be to selective. This means an easy way in, also for spies.
Realistically though, alliances that aren't selective are the ones least spied on. Though it would be quite easy to get a spy into them, the amount of intel you'd gain from them is very low, simply because they are without exception bad at gathering it. The most you can hope for is that they nap a top alliance and that they swap coordinates, but this does not usually occur until well into the round (say, tick 200 and onwards), at which point you should have a fairly complete map of the universe anyway.

Speaking from my own experience, I got information from a spy in TGV for a few hundred ticks, back in r23 or so. However, that was for amusement more than anything and I never got any intel from them, and wouldn't have been able to put much confidence in it even if I had.

Infiltration could still have a place in PA (say, a member of top alliance X joining mediocre alliance Y and persuading Y to work "with" X), but nowadays intel gathering is so easy, that it isn't worth spying for.

All that said, Heartless' suggestion is even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
Ok, imagine you play and are not in an alliance/decent alliance. Does anyone like this idea?
http://game.planetarion.com/journal.pl
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 18:45   #18
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
I still think that joining an alliance should automatically tag a planet up publically to everyone.
This was my favourite feature of *********** a long long time ago.

edit: PA forum still blocks the word E M P I R E Q U E S T when it hasn't existed for 5 years?
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 20:08   #19
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I'd personalize ur intel if u kno wut i mean

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote