User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Jun 2009, 02:05   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Improve Incomming Scan

Please make the incomming scan able to see either the launchtick or the landtick of prelaunched fleets. At the moment, prelaunching is very frustrating if you are online and know you're getting incs, but not when. Its really unfair that people that PL and go to bed get to sleep but the poor DCs have to sit and wait for noone knows how long for fleets they know will be coming. Atleast let the dedicated people get some advantage instead of disadvantage here.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 15:09   #2
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: Improve Incomming Scan

agreed.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 16:21   #3
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I hate pre-launch and always have but...........

This proposal adds yet another faking option which will make even wider the gap between the ultra-active and the rest. - unless we make pre-launch irreversible until after the fleet has actually launched. (Please note that I'm not recommending that amendment because we all make mistakes calculating our launch ticks from time to time - and it would be bad news if we weren't able to correct them).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 16:38   #4
csillag

csillag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I hate pre-launch and always have but...........

This proposal adds yet another faking option which will make even wider the gap between the ultra-active and the rest. - unless we make pre-launch irreversible until after the fleet has actually launched. (Please note that I'm not recommending that amendment because we all make mistakes calculating our launch ticks from time to time - and it would be bad news if we weren't able to correct them).
u forget that PL is also used to save fleet eg. from 1st wave so then u can use it for next wave etc...

- retired -
csillag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 16:43   #5
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Agreed - that's (now) another reason that I'm not recommending that amendment.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 17:34   #6
NOV

NOV is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Please make the incomming scan able to see either the launchtick or the landtick of prelaunched fleets.

-Jonas-
Awful idea, better make PL's invisble on JPG.
Or we dont see any new ppl really having chance of playing or ppl that have to work, this cant be a game anymore for studends and unemployed ppl only
NOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 19:33   #7
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think not showing prelaunched fleets on a JGP could be fun.
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 19:57   #8
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

oh go on then no PL on jgps ftw
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 20:03   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
I think not showing prelaunched fleets on a JGP could be fun.
We just trying to **** actives over for the sake of it now?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 20:27   #10
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Where does this **** over actives? So far, if you are active, you might see: "Oh, I have prelaunched incs" but you still don't know when or if you will get incoming at all. But feel free to elaborate on your point.
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 20:28   #11
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
to a certain extent its better for actives as they will be the first to know when their gal is getting incs.

but I think it would be getting rid of some of the fun if we are deprived of slingshot def against prelaunches.
Fcs could be prelaunched hours in advance and there would be much less way of telling if you are going to be fcd so it cant be avoided unless someone leaks info, where is the fun if you are not all trying to launch within a 30 second window?

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 20:32   #12
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

You know when they are going to come. When i know im getting incs ill set an earlier alarm etc.

It means people can just prelaunch and leave at 8pm now.
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 20:36   #13
Heartless

Quote:
You know when they are going to come. When i know im getting incs ill set an earlier alarm etc.

It means people can just prelaunch and leave at 8pm now.
Oh? How do you know that from the jgp or incoming scan? I do agree that you might get some sort of (false) alert from seeing such a fleet. But it's something that you cannot really rely upon anyway
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 20:41   #14
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Oh? How do you know that from the jgp or incoming scan? I do agree that you might get some sort of (false) alert from seeing such a fleet. But it's something that you cannot really rely upon anyway

So, it is some form of information?

The game doesnt need to be made easier for the idiots who prelaunch and go to bed, they dont need another advantage.

You can also plan out how many waves you will get and stuff like that.

For example there is no point in covering a huge team up on you if there are another 4 to follow. Yes this is only a basic view using the jgp but its better than no information at all.
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 22:50   #15
Heartless

Quote:
So, it is some form of information?

The game doesnt need to be made easier for the idiots who prelaunch and go to bed, they dont need another advantage.

You can also plan out how many waves you will get and stuff like that.

For example there is no point in covering a huge team up on you if there are another 4 to follow. Yes this is only a basic view using the jgp but its better than no information at all.
I did agree it is information, I just dispute the fact that it is useful information at all, since for the attackers it is way too easy to mask their real intentions by prelaunching on someone with, say, + 10, then go grab 9 hours of sleep, come back and launch at someone completely different.

Admittedly, it adds some kind of tactical aspect to prelaunch, which increases the depth in game-play. So I guess this could stay, and exactly in the way it is available in.