User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Jan 2009, 15:56   #101
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: Omac

TBH its a dead horse, I left a while ago and moved to eve-online, blummin great game, I came back in the middle of round 27 and played until now (only because I cant afford the subscription for eve atm).

As said before this game was started when the internet was kicking off in a big style. Now every new "player" that can access the internet will join in on one of the bigger 3D MMO games (mainly WoW).

Planetarion will live on in the minds of most, but unless a miracle happens, the player base will get smaller and smaller. We should quit while were ahead (release the code *cough*).

I suspect that most of the cummunity has a stake in other games for which they can invite fellow members along to. I know of a few old and new alliances have moved to other games, so that part is true.

I'm also expecting that the "planetarion" name will be back, but as a completly different entity, thats why they dont want the code. However they made a big mistake in the PR department by not making an announcement themselves, and also by some of their own actions, annoyed possible player base for any new games they are involved in.

Its a sad day that PA as it is will end, but I was very suprised its lasted thing long when running against the big budget names in the MMO world.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2009, 16:00   #102
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
running against the big budget names in the MMO world.
Planetarion is not competition for MMOs.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2009, 18:00   #103
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Planetarion is not competition for MMOs.
Thats why were not getting the players we need, PA isnt even thought of when it comes to MMO. Yet it is an MMO.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2009, 18:54   #104
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Thats why were not getting the players we need, PA isnt even thought of when it comes to MMO. Yet it is an MMO.
Agreeing to a huge point here. But it's not just that. It's mainly that PA isnt even thought of as a game at all.
Unread 24 Jan 2009, 15:59   #105
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Agreeing to a huge point here. But it's not just that. It's mainly that PA isnt even thought of as a game at all.
PA isn't a game, it's a full time job!
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2009, 02:56   #106
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

There is place for MMOs and PA. the same way people can play Total War and chess.
Btw one of the most played game on Internet is... Poker.