User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2008, 18:21   #1
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
multiple alliance tags / block problem / support planet rule

The enemy of my enemy is not necesarily my friend for one thing, for the other thing I hear people expressing their view about 'splitting big communities in several tags'.
Some think this splitting is ok as long as the split alliances behave with ingame behaviour. Some others think this should be hunted down according to the support planet rule.
No matter what, a community is a community and it will not change its size just because ingame alliance size changes. And your friend is your friend and if you are asked to help you might jump in and do so.

Another thing is the support planet rule is very thin ice for new players making it harder for them finding their path into some community.

And added to this i still hear people bragging about this big battle in rX where all allies defended against whomever which seems to be a certain motivation to organize things.
Coordinating between alliances/planets to defend a common friend strongens the community, seeing a big block comes and rapes your planets weakens it. And if 2 allies attack the same target it is hard to decide if it is an accident, piggy packing due to leaked coords or a coordinated joint strike.
To fix this all in one go, change the battle formula a tiny bit: every attacker not only attacks all defenders like it is now, but all defenders plus all attackers as well that are not in the very same tag.
Defenders still only attack attackers, they are obviously there for the same goal of defending this planet.

Regards,
_are_ (ofc you can read who I am on the left. The signature in an initial post is just for politeness, the fact you can actually read it unlike my paper signature is just a system immanent display issue)
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 18:52   #2
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: multiple alliance tags / block problem / support planet rule

If you would have used the search function then you would have found that this has been suggested several times already

Fully agreeing with that concept, though.