User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 May 2007, 03:26   #1
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough
I blame PA-Crew...

The story of a guy who was quite successful lately in attacks, thats me. Now seeing my roid-count I thought to myself: time to stop growth for a while cause if my roidcount crosses a certain mark everyone will fall over their feets to come and attack me. So i started deffing all the way and then what do you think happens? suddenly PA crew decides its funny to give everyone 25 roids each and ofc that means for me to cross the critical mark.

And now I hope PA crew will send me some def for the incomings i get
Unread 13 May 2007, 09:48   #2
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future
Re: I blame PA-Crew...

No..

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2007, 14:48   #3
Juffled

Juffled has a spectacular aura aboutJuffled has a spectacular aura about

what are you on about.......just go get them back when you lose, landings is about as difficult as growing your hair
R6 - [Fury]
R19/20/21 - [TGV]
R22 - [Ascendency]
Juffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2007, 14:51   #4
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAdm Thrawn
The story of a guy who was quite successful lately in attacks, thats me. Now seeing my roid-count I thought to myself: time to stop growth for a while cause if my roidcount crosses a certain mark everyone will fall over their feets to come and attack me. So i started deffing all the way and then what do you think happens? suddenly PA crew decides its funny to give everyone 25 roids each and ofc that means for me to cross the critical mark.

And now I hope PA crew will send me some def for the incomings i get
Yep, you wouldnt have gotten incs otherwise. no way.
Unread 13 May 2007, 16:45   #5
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Yep, you wouldnt have gotten incs otherwise. no way.
not that much for sure
Unread 13 May 2007, 19:03   #6
GrandAdm Thrawn

and I sure hope they dont realise their threat to give 25 roids each next week again
Unread 13 May 2007, 21:46   #7
Juffled

Juffled has a spectacular aura aboutJuffled has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAdm Thrawn
and I sure hope they dont realise their threat to give 25 roids each next week again
seriously if 150 extra roids makes you a good target clearly your fleet/alliance/galaxy/value/score sucks
R6 - [Fury]
R19/20/21 - [TGV]
R22 - [Ascendency]
Juffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2007, 22:36   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You deserve to be bashed because you're a newb? Yeah, that's exactly what this game needs!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 02:20   #9
GrandAdm Thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
You deserve to be bashed because you're a newb? Yeah, that's exactly what this game needs!
dont drink and post!
Unread 14 May 2007, 04:00   #10
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Don't post using the most retarded smilie on the interweb.

The real cookie monster is laughing at your shitness.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 05:12   #11
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

What's the critical mark?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 08:08   #12
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
400?
Shoshuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 09:42   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 14 May 2007, 12:41   #14
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

He's got a point. 75 roids are not much for a medium sized planet. But there is a difference between roiding an inactive planet with 500k score and 225 roids, and another with 300 roids. Suddenly, the 300 roid planet becomes a target again, if you have 5 planets in you gal which suddenly become viable targets, you gal is in for a bashing.
The point is that giving away roids usually make the bigger planets happy. Give away resources if you want.
Unread 14 May 2007, 13:46   #15
Aidan

Aidan is an unknown quantity at this point

Giving resources will in effect advance the game forward in time as there will be and influx of new ships and therefore a reduction in easy targets, therefore bringing on the stale standstill position earlier than normal. Best thing is to just not touch the game with rewards.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 16:52   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Aidan is right. Both options are potentially unbalancing. Hand out roids and small planets get an disadvantage, hand out resources and bigger planets get a disadvantage. Hands off ingame matters.
Unread 14 May 2007, 17:02   #17
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Critical mark is about 300 unless you are cathaar.

then your valid aslong as pa lets you launch.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 19:17   #18
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

300 seems a bit high for terrans as well; 220 seems more reasonable judging by the etd CO and zik FR inc i still get with that many roids :P
Unread 14 May 2007, 20:21   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I am fairly confident that was not Tietäjä's point.
Unread 14 May 2007, 20:45   #20
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
He's got a point. 75 roids are not much for a medium sized planet. But there is a difference between roiding an inactive planet with 500k score and 225 roids, and another with 300 roids. Suddenly, the 300 roid planet becomes a target again, if you have 5 planets in you gal which suddenly become viable targets, you gal is in for a bashing.
The point is that giving away roids usually make the bigger planets happy. Give away resources if you want.
If your gal got lots of extra roids, so did everyone else's. Everyone who received extra roids would become better targets than they previously were. Your post implies that the addition of extra roids to a particular galaxy makes that galaxy more likely to be attacked, but that's not likely to be a large effect when every other galaxy gained the same number of roids.

If your galaxy is a good target after gaining extra roids, it was probably a decent target beforehand. And if your galaxy gets incoming, it means that some other galaxy isn't getting incoming - the overall effect on human happiness cancels out.

In fact, by moving planets closer to their HCT mining limits, the free roids might have actually led to fewer attacks, making incoming on your gal (or anyone else's) less likely.

In short, the negative effects are likely to have been negligible (as I said, anyone who becomes a great target with 75 extra roids was probably a decent target before, and probably would have got incoming anyway), with counter-balancing effects (HCT limits making attacking less likely). Weigh this against all of the people who were very happy to get 75 extra roids. Which outcome leads to the most happiness?

Of course, the argument against the free roids is really one of individual rights rather than utilitarianism - it's 'don't mess with my roid count against my will'. In that case, I guess a better implementation would have been a 'You have received a reward of 75 roids, click here to claim it' link on the overview, so at least it was voluntary.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 20:54   #21
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Of course, the argument against the free roids is really one of individual rights rather than utilitarianism - it's 'don't mess with my roid count against my will'. In that case, I guess a better implementation would have been a 'You have received a reward of 75 roids, click here to claim it' link on the overview, so at least it was voluntary.
Wonder if he would have said "No".
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 23:11   #22
XillveR
X markes the spot

XillveR is an unknown quantity at this point

i loved the extra roids, waiting for another load next time
R24 Orbit ToF HC
R25 Orbit member
R26-28 ToF HC
R29 Vengance member
R30-31 break
R32 Tides Of Vengance member
R33 ROCK member

XillveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2007, 18:04   #23
GrandAdm Thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
the critical mark is 1k roids. Clearly its not much difference for you to become a target if you have 700, 800 or 900 roids, but as soon as you jump that 1k mark, adding another digit to your roid count, everyone will see you as a good target. That was my point why I wanted to avoid that, but PA crew foiled my tactics with that extraroids - they are not supposed to interfere like that fs.
Unread 15 May 2007, 18:10   #24
GrandAdm Thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
sounds like an idea for the future
Unread 15 May 2007, 18:21   #25
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Aidan is right. Both options are potentially unbalancing. Hand out roids and small planets get an disadvantage, hand out resources and bigger planets get a disadvantage. Hands off ingame matters.
Everyones problem in this thread is that they asume their idea is the right one. If a inactive planet is given a few extra roids, thus making him a bigger target.. is there a problem ?

Galraids are not based upon the idea that there are 5 planets with 300 roids, instead of 225, they are based up on the idea that there are 3-4 really FAT planets. The rest are just covered to avoid too much ingal def, or to give scanners and late starters/newbies a shot at easy roids.

If the issue about having a planet in your gal seem like a reasonable target, just try to defend him. Its really not that complicated. Planets get attacked. If your complaint is that PA Team made them more likely to be attacked, doesnt this apply to EVERY planet that got roids ? Thus shouldnt the likelyhood to getting attacked stay where it was pre-donation? seeming that the ones already above their limit just got jucier.

This is how it works
Unread 15 May 2007, 18:41   #26
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

luckely the only attacks ever done are galraids. Although i agree its probably small fraction of the player base that might be affected in a negative way by becoming a better target. Most players won't notice the diference, in average to top gals there is generally some help available and thus not much chance one single random incoming.

If you got to the lower ranked galaxies though, they just got a nice extra roid injection to be farmed from them. And no, again like in the other thread, the roid increase doesn't have the same impact for everyone. A 1k roid planet won't notice the 75 (7.5% increase) roids where a 200 roid planet will (37.5% increase). Relatively spoken the 200 roid planet got alot fatter than the 1k roid planet. Given your post i doubt you know how it is to be in such a position. You could ofcourse say "just exile to a better gal etc", in some cases that doesn't even work due to the broken system. Just because you can't see the problem, doesn't mean there isn't any, and i agree that the extra step suggested by ComradeRob would most likely fix any problem ppl may have with it.