User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jul 2006, 15:27   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dear Dr General Discussions

Last week I exited my car and when turning around to shut the door i managed to ram my thumb into the top of the door frame.

It hurt a bit but i thought 'bollocks' and just shut the door.

It was a bit like when you stub your toe on something...except with my thumb.

A week has passed and it still is hurting from time to time in a kind of 'fs its aching' kind of way.

Have i done something to it that means i should go waste some of the NHS's money in finding out what the **** is wrong or is the very fact i can type and wiggle it about mean its most likely still just bruised and taking its sweet time to heal because i use it a lot?

So

budding doctors of GD

the verdict..
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 15:30   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Dear Dr General Discussions

I think we had best start the election procedure for a new Forum Admin.

You've done a great job, and have been a great influence upon myself and many others within the community, and it was excellent to have known an outstanding person such as yourself. I wish your family and friends all the strength in the upcoming difficult times ahead of them. May you find yourself in a happier place soon - God speed, JammyJim
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 15:44   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Im not dying you shit

Let me briefly explain why im somewhat bothered by it (probably more so than i should be)

3 years ago whilst doing some uni work my wonderful mother said 'Can you help me take this down the stairs'. She was pointing to the dyson vacuum cleaner which from now on will be known as 'the bigshit'

the bigshit was one of these brightly coloured affairs that can come apart in a multitude of ways to get 'into the corners' or whatever the hell women around the world use it to do when they arnt in the kitchen cooking.

Anyway... i oblige and pick the thing up.

I take 2 steps down when the base of the unit drops square on my big toe. as you may expect i lose my balance with such a weight object smacking into me unexpectedly and i begin tumbling backwards with the bigshit tumbling after me. i slide down the entire flight of stairs.
It looked a bit like a cartoon because just as i stopped moving and thought 'thankgod for that im alive' the bigshit bounced one last step and ended up smacking me in the face before finally coming to a rest.

My toe and face hurt a lot. My toe more.

It swelled up and bruised a bit.

However its now 3 years later and i still get grief with it from time to time for no reason. A weird achy pain that comes from nowhere. (i think its because of the weather...or at least i want it to be that so i can go 'a storms a brewin my toe is playing up again!' ...just like old poeple do with their hip.)

Anyway the pain is very simliar to the toe incident which im almost sure i actually fractured slightly...

hence my 'should i bother going to the doc to check it out' or just wait as noone really likes going to some stinky doctors surgery full of ill retards and shitty reception staff.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 16:07   #4
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I have this problem of every once in a while jamming my left ring finger. I don't know why it's always this one, but it hurts like hell and I just cringe as I grab the end and pull until it pops back in place. I think the fates don't like this finger as I've also sliced it open with a swiss army knife right on the tip and that hurt like hell. It's been almost ten years and I still got a scar and the tissue around it is 'tender', as in I get a wierd sensation even from typing.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 16:42   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I have this problem of every once in a while jamming my left ring finger. I don't know why it's always this one, but it hurts like hell and I just cringe as I grab the end and pull until it pops back in place. I think the fates don't like this finger as I've also sliced it open with a swiss army knife right on the tip and that hurt like hell. It's been almost ten years and I still got a scar and the tissue around it is 'tender', as in I get a wierd sensation even from typing.
I'm not surprised when you "pop it back in place". Who are you, Steven Seagal?

You've probably trapped a whole bunch of nerves there.

And JJ I wouldn't worry - you've probably bruised the bone. If it still hurts in a month I'd go to a doctor but it isn't going to be anything serious/nonfixable.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 16:47   #6
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I'm not surprised when you "pop it back in place". Who are you, Steven Seagal?

You've probably trapped a whole bunch of nerves there.
I'm broke and have no insurance, I'm not going to the doctor just to have him 'pull my finger'. As for the other, it was wierd, I was cutting something and the blade closed on my finger, I shook my hand and knew I was ****ed when I saw red splatter against the wall. I had 3-4 stitches at the ER and it didn't really hurt bad since they numbed it to put the stitches in, but damn when they took them out, that was worse than cutting it in the first place.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 16:59   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

sit on it and check

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:19   #8
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I had 3-4 stitches at the ER and it didn't really hurt bad since they numbed it to put the stitches in, but damn when they took them out, that was worse than cutting it in the first place.
Don't they have those stitches that just gradually disintegrate where you're from?
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:21   #9
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

stuff like that doctors can't really help with. sometimes they take a week to get better, sometimes a month, or a year, or five. or never.

but they'll take exactly as long if you see a doctor as not. they could give you some neat drugs if you circle '9' on the pain form tho.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:21   #10
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I think we had best start the election procedure for a new Forum Admin.

You've done a great job, and have been a great influence upon myself and many others within the community, and it was excellent to have known an outstanding person such as yourself. I wish your family and friends all the strength in the upcoming difficult times ahead of them. May you find yourself in a happier place soon - God speed, JammyJim
Sarky ****
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:37   #11
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Even if youve broken it, all they do with a broken thumb is tape it up and you look a bit of a pillock. Give it another week at least before doing anything drastic. I broke a finger and had pain in it for about a month on and off, but just taped it to another once i had it confirmed as broken and it was fine after that.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:45   #12
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Don't they have those stitches that just gradually disintegrate where you're from?
I don't think they had them 10-11 years ago, but if they did I wasn't offered them, and certainly would've preferred it.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:54   #13
Tomkat

Quote:
I don't think they had them 10-11 years ago, but if they did I wasn't offered them, and certainly would've preferred it.
Woah how old are you
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 18:14   #14
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Posting to agree with post#2 in this thread, like everyone else....

The consensus is clear, stop whining, Jammy.
but not quoting in the hope people won't notice you giving yourself props.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 18:26   #15
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Woah how old are you
I have it on my profile, but I'll save you the trouble, I'm 26. I was a teenager when I did that, so at least I was on my parents insurance .
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 18:38   #16
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

amputate at the neck
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 19:02   #17
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

*kiss*

better?
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 19:04   #18
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the artery in the thumb blew up. The blood will soon begin to clog in the tip of your thumb and eventually it will go black, rot, and eventually fall of.

In realville however: Its just a minor bruising and will heal nicely and go away in 1-2 weeks. Unless you freakishly jammed a nerve, in which case a doctor want to have a look at it.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 19:51   #19
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
And JJ I wouldn't worry - you've probably bruised the bone. If it still hurts in a month I'd go to a doctor but it isn't going to be anything serious/nonfixable.
This is correct.

A doctor wouldnt do anything unless you have broken it which seems almost impossible from the situation as you described it, unless you have a glass thumb or something.

He would probably say something along the lines of "big poof" and "take a painkiller".

And you would waste the appointment slot which could have better been used by somebody else with less common sense who managed to do something imbecillic with a piece of their anatomy.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:48   #20
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I got this huge blisterlike thing in my palm that has been there since new years eve. It does not hurt much, but I cant clench my fist properly, and it does look kinda yucky. Glass bottles is shit

Go to the doctor if youre worried
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:50   #21
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
I got this huge blisterlike thing in my palm that has been there since new years eve. It does not hurt much, but I cant clench my fist properly, and it does look kinda yucky. Glass bottles is shit

Go to the doctor if youre worried
Sounds like you've still got some glass stuck in your hand, you should get that checked out.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:39   #22
JammyJim
Godfather

I think we should create a 'help me doctor' forum for other hypocondriacs!
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 00:09   #23
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

out of curiosity was your toenail, fingernail discoloured or was there bleeding under it?