User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:21   #101
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: wakey the dramaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
I do appriciate that Wakey wants to bring new players in....and I can see that having larger members leave the alliance can hurt the newer players (less good def around).....but I see no need for attacks on 1up etc. Its rather unbecoming of a mod.
He's entirely entitled to his opinion. If he thinks we're all shitebags, thats his perogative. However, people can't moan when he is ridiculed and picked on or blather on about how he should be respected for all he's done if he continues to maintain his stance on stereotyping.

Quid pro quo.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:24   #102
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
This is just inane. Forums are just a means of expressing yourself to other people. If you expressed yourself in real life poorly I'd imagine you would, quite literally, get a poor reputation.
George W Bush.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:27   #103
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Its rather unbecoming of a mod.
Moderating ! = posting
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:33   #104
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Moderating ! = posting
Seconded.

Quote:
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:40   #105
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Seconded.
Perhaps for opinions, but for pure slander?...disagree there.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:45   #106
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

People seem to have this idea I'm slandering 1up, which is something that simply isnt true. If some of you actually bothered to go and do some reading, especially of the thread that started this all you would see that in that in these 'reping' issues that come up against 1up I'm always supporting them. There is a small number in 1up whom do partake in the overzelous normally unjustifed neg repping of people, these are the minority and dont represent the masses BUT due to their actions there is a feeling around that all 1up members are all like that.

When the issue errupted again and myself and others defended 1up over the claims only for me to receive once such 'problem' neg rep from Idler. Here was someone from the very group people were trying to defend neg repping me and potentially others for that very thread. As I said in the first mail to him if hes done it to others on the thread hes just pouring fuel on the fire and he more than deserved his pm for reinforcing the sterotype that helps put alot of people from posting frequently and at times at all on these forums

Now the issue wasnt that he neg repped me, I get my fair share of unsigned neg reps and I dont chase them up (the odd rep i do chase up, for example Nadar's are signed and are comments on something ive done from a modding pov such as closing a thread like Nadars neg rep of me) The issue was that someone with strong ties to a group whom when it comes to these forums has a very negative image of being hostile and missusing the rep system to drive people off the boards chooses to start handing out neg rep on a thread on the issue its just reinforcing a belief that isnt true and needs countered to get people posting

Now lets just make sure people are clear We have a thread complaing about unjust neg rep - We have people trying to defend 1up as group - we then have someone who has strong ties to 1up doing on that thread what people are compaining about. Its my duty to pull idler up on what hes done wrong as thats part of what our job as mods is. If someone else had reported it and id looked it up in the mod section and found it was him(which in this case i didnt do as i cant help but see mine) he would have got almost the exact same mail from me

And remember that it wsnt me who is dragging 1up's name through the mud, I kept my convo with idler to PM, he decided to publish the private conversation. If i wanted to do this in public and if i felt it was an 1up in general thing id have brought it up on the original thread but I didnt. And all ive done on this thread is respond to comments people have made to try and explain my point which idlers initial post doesnt do rather perfering to twist things to sgift attention from his actions
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 13 Jul 2006 at 23:56.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 00:01   #107
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
The issue was that someone with strong ties to a group whom when it comes to these forums has a very negative image of being hostile and missusing the rep system to drive people off the boards chooses to start handing out neg rep on a thread on the issue its just reinforcing a belief that isnt true and needs countered to get people posting
You're the one using terms like 'strong ties' and 'group'. Idler is an individual and may post as such. His posts do not represent the views of 1up as an alliance nor are they neccessarily indicative of anything 1up related.

Quote:
If some of you actually bothered to go and do some reading, especially of the thread that started this all you would see that in that in these 'reping' issues that come up against 1up I'm always supporting them.
You're hardly championing the cause here though are you? Is your support only relative to how hard a time you get from 1up members?

Quote:
And remember that it wsnt me who is dragging 1up's name through the mud, I kept my convo with idler to PM, he decided to publish the private conversation.
This thread has been unbearably dull but I have read all of it and the only person doing any 1up referencing was you. Idler brought about a personal matter between you and him. He hasn't used 1up as an example anywhere nor are his posts influenced in any way by 1up on an alliance level. If you have a beef with idler about him creating this thread then fair enough but leave my alliance out of it. For the record I like Idler but he does tend to talk utter drivel on the forums. That said, it does sometimes make me laugh.

In fairness you had no real right complaining at Idler for negrepping you anonymously and without justification. If the boards allow it then you have no right chastising anyone for it. If it's that much of an issue for people then make it so they have to be signed.

Finally, if we're talking about 'groups' of AD posters. You might want to start smearing tar over several alliances with the same brush. 1up posters do tend to be strong in thier opinions, no doubt, but usually they are reasonably well expressed and contain reasoning. If you want to start bleating on then look no further than anyone that has ever used "owned", "n00b" or retard in thier post before you harass people with justifiable input into the conversation.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 00:08   #108
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

rep sux lol and so on but what i really want to know is and i'm sure someone has probably asked this before but i've probably ignored it due to the actual question i'm about to pose: why do you (wakey) have to lengthen EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN DETAIL into an essay? i mean seriously, have you no grasp over the concept of being 'concise'? it's not meant to be a personal dig - actually it is, as it really makes it damn hard work to gather up the effort to actually read your posts. i don't even read your 5-6 liners (the short ones) anymore knowing that it could probably be cut down to a one-liner in a much more coherent manner.

by the way, i don't really think 1up posters are that arrogant, most of those who were have moved on a while back.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 00:22   #109
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

1up posters probably arent, that was the content however of the thread the rep was about where wakey was argueing that they werent. However, like it or not there is the stereotype there, which the actions of idler supported as he neg repped for no reason and as he is a 1up person. I am an F-crew person so my actions, even though it is only my opinion as shown when myself and wakey or other members disagree of things. We can't shake it off because its a perception that we all talk as members of our alliance. Again this is wrong but it cant be helped.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 00:29   #110
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
rep sux lol and so on but what i really want to know is and i'm sure someone has probably asked this before but i've probably ignored it due to the actual question i'm about to pose: why do you (wakey) have to lengthen EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN DETAIL into an essay? i mean seriously, have you no grasp over the concept of being 'concise'? it's not meant to be a personal dig - actually it is, as it really makes it damn hard work to gather up the effort to actually read your posts. i don't even read your 5-6 liners (the short ones) anymore knowing that it could probably be cut down to a one-liner in a much more coherent manner.

by the way, i don't really think 1up posters are that arrogant, most of those who were have moved on a while back.
Writing has never been my strongest area and its something people often use against me. They will go out of their way to twist my words and to try to discredit me just because when I post on a something I might actually know what im talking about but it doesnt fit in with the agendas of most people here. This means that normally I try and remove as much scope for interpretation just to get my point across as clearly as I can.

Also you will normally find that this forum largely reprsents just the players of the top 8 or so alliances, those below have a very small pressence as they are intimidated by the people and the horror stories. This means I'm largely on my own fight a cause against the masses all of whom are raising multiple points. As such when i post i normally have to be quite general and address things raised by multiple people
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 00:42   #111
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

Quote:
This is just inane. Forums are just a means of expressing yourself to other people. If you expressed yourself in real life poorly I'd imagine you would, quite literally, get a poor reputation.
get out more
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 00:51   #112
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
And quite possibly a punch in the face if you then went up to someone and told them they were talking in a poor matter...
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 00:59   #113
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People seem to have this idea I'm slandering 1up, which is something that simply isnt true. If some of you actually bothered to go and do some reading, especially of the thread that started this all you would see that in that in these 'reping' issues that come up against 1up I'm always supporting them. There is a small number in 1up whom do partake in the overzelous normally unjustifed neg repping of people, these are the minority and dont represent the masses BUT due to their actions there is a feeling around that all 1up members are all like that.

When the issue errupted again and myself and others defended 1up over the claims only for me to receive once such 'problem' neg rep from Idler. Here was someone from the very group people were trying to defend neg repping me and potentially others for that very thread. As I said in the first mail to him if hes done it to others on the thread hes just pouring fuel on the fire and he more than deserved his pm for reinforcing the sterotype that helps put alot of people from posting frequently and at times at all on these forums

Now the issue wasnt that he neg repped me, I get my fair share of unsigned neg reps and I dont chase them up (the odd rep i do chase up, for example Nadar's are signed and are comments on something ive done from a modding pov such as closing a thread like Nadars neg rep of me) The issue was that someone with strong ties to a group whom when it comes to these forums has a very negative image of being hostile and missusing the rep system to drive people off the boards chooses to start handing out neg rep on a thread on the issue its just reinforcing a belief that isnt true and needs countered to get people posting

Now lets just make sure people are clear We have a thread complaing about unjust neg rep - We have people trying to defend 1up as group - we then have someone who has strong ties to 1up doing on that thread what people are compaining about. Its my duty to pull idler up on what hes done wrong as thats part of what our job as mods is. If someone else had reported it and id looked it up in the mod section and found it was him(which in this case i didnt do as i cant help but see mine) he would have got almost the exact same mail from me

And remember that it wsnt me who is dragging 1up's name through the mud, I kept my convo with idler to PM, he decided to publish the private conversation. If i wanted to do this in public and if i felt it was an 1up in general thing id have brought it up on the original thread but I didnt. And all ive done on this thread is respond to comments people have made to try and explain my point which idlers initial post doesnt do rather perfering to twist things to sgift attention from his actions
No, the issue wasnt that someone with ties to 1up was throwing rep around, the issue was that Idler was throwing rep around. You were the one who made it a 1up issue.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 01:03   #114
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Various
I havent said at any point that his views and posts are that of 1up as a whole or that his actions are the actions of all 1up members. What I have said is that theres a fraction of people with strong ties to 1up whos actions are deprimental to getting more people to post especially from the none hardcore ranks and that this minority group of people reflects badly on 1up as a whole and breeds the view that all 1up are like this. It was Idlers actions which were REINFORCING this that had me sending him a message and its such actions that Ive since attacked on this thread. I havent attacked 1up as a whole just group of 10-15 whom are constantly depremental to this forum. And tbh seeing as it your alliances reputation that they have dragged into the gutter over the last few rounds it should be you reprimanding them rather than me.

And why is it that no-one can ever see outside the thread they are replying to even when the issue in the thread arises from a thread outside the current one. Its alwasy "The thread isnt about x as the original poster didnt mention/ask about x. Its you trying to make it about x when it isnt about x" when in fact if you trace the things back rather than being so short sighted your see it is abot x. In this case the thread was about rep and went onto mention 1ups eagerness to neg rep people, I defended 1up and then had idler neg rep me. So I messaged him not as I was annoyed about getting the neg rep BUT by how this unjustified neg rep was just helping to further prove the belief as true especually if I wasnt the only one on the thread e neg rep'd.SO the issue isnt about something between me and Idler thats just what he wants to spin so he can have people have a go at me
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 01:19   #115
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

please jbg, PLEASE tell me that this is the way you talk in RL.(insert joke/insult here). It is 'Forum Language', just as there is 'IRC language', and more specifically 'PA IRC language'. Those who use it best, are appreciated, and those who dont aren't. So the whole red blob/green blob ideea is overrated, as it only represents the personal interpretation of posts of those "veterans" to the forums with enough rep power to actually matter. If anyone refuses to comply to the standard way of posting, then the post is regarded as bad, and if they do comply, it is regarded as good. but isnt it relative? isnt it all relative?
As to 1up posters representing a signicative number of the "veterans", yes that is true. if they were all to massively pos/neg rep, they could probably max out anyone in both directions. so yes, they do represent a "force" on the boards, in the traditional sense, where rep power actually means "look at me, i am all green, so i MUST be right!"

(i actually bothered writing this. .if you can't beat them, join them!)
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 01:25   #116
rain

rain can only hope to improve

How important are these neg reps? I know some ppl live for forums and don´t care at all about the game,forgeting what forums purposes are, but still, arguing on forums about forums?
/me looks all around pointing at ppl: freak, freak, freak... freak
Never gave neg reps to anyone, will give one to this thread though.
Oh and, this ain´t really a discussion about Planetarion, is it?
On topic: you can´t really ask ppl to think the same. What for some ppl may look like an art piece, for most is just a piece of crap. Until these forums will have authorized critics, you´ll have to live with all those neg reps you get. Trust me, there is a reason behind each and every one of those. Enjoy it
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 03:08   #117
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain
How important are these neg reps? I know some ppl live for forums and don´t care at all about the game,forgeting what forums purposes are, but still, arguing on forums about forums?
/me looks all around pointing at ppl: freak, freak, freak... freak
Never gave neg reps to anyone, will give one to this thread though.
Oh and, this ain´t really a discussion about Planetarion, is it?
As moronic as this half of the post was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain
On topic: you can´t really ask ppl to think the same. What for some ppl may look like an art piece, for most is just a piece of crap. Until these forums will have authorized critics, you´ll have to live with all those neg reps you get. Trust me, there is a reason behind each and every one of those. Enjoy it
I actually think he has a good point in this half.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 03:14   #118
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Forum Admin please for the love of GOD remove anom rep please this will solve threads like this
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 04:32   #119
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't think it's as easy as you';re giving it credit for there pais I was hearing rumors that JJ was working on it, but said rumors could be completely unfounded... so... well... hrm.

[/non-committal, useless post ]
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 04:40   #120
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
I don't think it's as easy as you';re giving it credit for there pais I was hearing rumors that JJ was working on it, but said rumors could be completely unfounded... so... well... hrm.

[/non-committal, useless post ]
the code is already there for mods, all jj needs to do is remove the if statement which checks if the person is a mod before displaying it. Its trivial at best
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 05:57   #121
rasputini
Love monkey

rasputini is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I havent said at any point that his views and posts are that of 1up as a whole or that his actions are the actions of all 1up members. What I have said is that theres a fraction of people with strong ties to 1up whos actions are deprimental to getting more people to post especially from the none hardcore ranks and that this minority group of people reflects badly on 1up as a whole and breeds the view that all 1up are like this. It was Idlers actions which were REINFORCING this that had me sending him a message and its such actions that Ive since attacked on this thread. I havent attacked 1up as a whole just group of 10-15 whom are constantly depremental to this forum. And tbh seeing as it your alliances reputation that they have dragged into the gutter over the last few rounds it should be you reprimanding them rather than me.
I presume you meant detrimental?
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 07:53   #122
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
waffle....
No, you are the only person involving 1up in this and trying to 'drag 1up through the mud'. I have absolutely no need to reprimand Idler and neither do you. What right have you to say he's doing anything wrong when he is clearly sticking within the forums rules. This is supposed to be about Idlers conduct and you're the one who keeps bringing up 'the group' and associating 1up with such things. From now on I'm going to label all of F-Crew a set of moaning bastards in light of your recent posting.

There are loads of posters on these forums who make themselves look like ****s but, as yet, I have yet to see you bring thier alliances into the discussion. Do you chastise eXilition because Max posts like a prick? No and nor should you because he is not representative of them as whole.

You're also wrong about 1up members being detrimental to forums posting from anyone. If you want to hang that tag on anyone then do it on cancers of these boards who are eternally trying to argue a point with words like 'retard' and 'n00b. Like I said before; aside from the odd one most 1up posters write intelligently* and with a point in mind and usually contribute a lot to a discussion. Yes, they are usually quite vehement in thier views but if they back it up with reasoning then you have no right whatsoever to critique thier posting style just because you don't like what they're saying.

I, for one, find it worrying that you are championed as the saviour of PA in terms of the new player base when all I see from you is negativity and resentment. Your incessant moaning on these forums cannot be a good example for new players.

* Intelligently in terms of these forums. This does not neccessarily mean they can tie thier own shoe laces in the real world though.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 08:13   #123
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
No, you are the only person involving 1up in this and trying to 'drag 1up through the mud'. I have absolutely no need to reprimand Idler and neither do you. What right have you to say he's doing anything wrong when he is clearly sticking within the forums rules. This is supposed to be about Idlers conduct and you're the one who keeps bringing up 'the group' and associating 1up with such things. From now on I'm going to label all of F-Crew a set of moaning bastards in light of your recent posting.

There are loads of posters on these forums who make themselves look like ****s but, as yet, I have yet to see you bring thier alliances into the discussion. Do you chastise eXilition because Max posts like a prick? No and nor should you because he is not representative of them as whole.
As said many times in this thread there is, like it or not, there is a perception that 1up ppl do these actions. Perhaps you cant see it because you are a member of 1up.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 08:24   #124
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
As said many times in this thread there is, like it or not, there is a perception that 1up ppl do these actions. Perhaps you cant see it because you are a member of 1up.
The only 'many times' I've seen it mentioned is from Wakey and once from you.

Perhaps you missed that because, as an F-Crew member, you're a moaning bastard?

And perceptions are decided by the person perceiving. Try stating fact rather than conjecture if you're going to vilify someone.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 08:29   #125
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Everyone just blanked out the bit where you were in charge
Naturally ;-)

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 08:34   #126
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who cares if people have stupid perceptions?

Some people in F-Crew talk smack about 1up. WE GET IT. And its simply the nature of the game. People have been talking smack about alliances as long as there have been alliances. I would be surprised if people in F-Crew and everywhere else werent talking smack about 1up.

The important point here is that people are going to talk smack about 1up no matter what they do. These perceptions obviously arent based on reality, so there is no reason that Idler deserves to be singled out for scolding nor is there a reason 1up has to get dragged into something that was entirely personal between Wakey and Idler.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 08:36   #127
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
The only 'many times' I've seen it mentioned is from Wakey and once from you.

Perhaps you missed that because, as an F-Crew member, you're a moaning bastard?

And perceptions are decided by the person perceiving. Try stating fact rather than conjecture if you're going to vilify someone.
I believe I mentioned it several times. F-crew people do seem to find the need to "moan" that things are not right more than other groups. Perhaps that shows we are most active in trying to improve/change things rather than trying to keep the status quo?
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 08:37   #128
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I havent attacked 1up as a whole just group of 10-15 whom are constantly depremental to this forum.
This also interests me very much. Put up or shut up. Who are they?

1up probably only have about 15 regular board posters so you must mean the following:

Me, Sid, Pig, Phil, Germania, Angryduck, Achilles, cypher, gmufc, Treveler, XtoTheZ, Zhil, Ska, Bashar and Idler.

That close enough or is it that you've taken your bat and ball home where Idler is concerned and decided that we all post shite?

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 08:43   #129
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I believe I mentioned it several times. F-crew people do seem to find the need to "moan" that things are not right more than other groups.
OK, I'm a couple of posts out of yours but that doesn't change anything other than to show you support your HC, right or wrong.

And F-Crew don't moan more than anyone I was just doing the same as you by tarring a whole alliance with a single poster brush.

Quote:
Perhaps that shows we are most active in trying to improve/change things rather than trying to keep the status quo?
Oh give over, I can't believe you're playing the 'we are the saviours of PA' card to try and prove this point. 1up have done as much as anyone to try and make PA an interesting game. We take in people new to the game, we try to keep the game itsself interesting during the round, we have valid input into game discussion and we all pay our money just the same. Get over yourselves. Helping out a few new players doesn't give you the right to play judge and jury on these boards and malign a whole alliance just because you don't like what one of them says.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 08:59   #130
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I think my comment I made to Wakey via his neg rep says it all for me;

"Stop making a fool out of yourself and putting a bad impression on the Planetarion Forum Mods. Wiht the power you get you are a representative of the community, start acting like one! -Marv"

Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:00   #131
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
I think my comment I made to Wakey via his neg rep says it all for me;

"Stop making a fool out of yourself and putting a bad impression on the Planetarion Forum Mods. Wiht the power you get you are a representative of the community, start acting like one! -Marv"
In fairness Wakey isn't talking here as a mod, he's talking as the HC of F-Crew and a player. The only inclusion of anything mod related is that he is able to see who negrepped him but his response to that in terms of this thread was not as a mod.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:01   #132
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I believe I mentioned it several times. F-crew people do seem to find the need to "moan" that things are not right more than other groups. Perhaps that shows we are most active in trying to improve/change things rather than trying to keep the status quo?
NO you moam because you cant take a little neg rep, and you abuse your mod powers to act like sherlock shithead holmes. And f-crew moams not because it wants to improve, but because it doesn't want to improve. If you don't want to lose members to bigger ally's then you should make a atmosphere where they can get the same kind of def and growth opportunities. Moaming is way easier then actually changing something YOURSELF!, no stop with the acting like f-crew is a god for the community. it isnt.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:07   #133
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
In fairness Wakey isn't talking here as a mod, he's talking as the HC of F-Crew and a player. The only inclusion of anything mod related is that he is able to see who negrepped him but his response to that in terms of this thread was not as a mod.
But this whole thread kicked off due to his abuse of the power he has because he is a mod. Just because the subject of conversation has shifted osme what, from the OP point of view it is on the subject of abuse.

Abuse of power is something PATeam take very seriously and is not acceptable at all. Therefor as a forum mod you should think through your actions and how using your admin power to do it will affect things. especially when it is for personal reasons as in this instance.

Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:13   #134
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
But this whole thread kicked off due to his abuse of the power he has because he is a mod. Just because the subject of conversation has shifted osme what, from the OP point of view it is on the subject of abuse.

Abuse of power is something PATeam take very seriously and is not acceptable at all. Therefor as a forum mod you should think through your actions and how using your admin power to do it will affect things. especially when it is for personal reasons as in this instance.
It's not an abuse of power, we've already decided it's a perk of the job. If you don't want them to act on their negreps then take the ability to see names from them.

The fact that he could be arsed to take time out of his day to moan at Idler about a poxy neg rep is something else altogether but that has no effect on his job as a mod, it just makes him a sad twat

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:20   #135
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
This also interests me very much. Put up or shut up. Who are they?

1up probably only have about 15 regular board posters so you must mean the following:

Me, Sid, Pig, Phil, Germania, Angryduck, Achilles, cypher, gmufc, Treveler, XtoTheZ, Zhil, Ska, Bashar and Idler.

That close enough or is it that you've taken your bat and ball home where Idler is concerned and decided that we all post shite?
First of all it doesnt take regular posters to be hostile with the neg reps towards those 'not in their little club'. A sparadic poster can be just as bad. And you know full well I cant name names, just like I couldnt have named and shamed Idler if he hadnt choosen to do so himself.

And I havent labelled all of 1up as posting shite or acting in a shite manner. Sid, Phil and Zhil for example are 3 of the best and fairest people on these boards and are a credit to this community. They may not always post things people agree with or agree with what people are saying but they rarely end up doing anything that could be considered negative or hostile towards other players.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:38   #136
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It's not an abuse of power, we've already decided it's a perk of the job. If you don't want them to act on their negreps then take the ability to see names from them.
Oh please.

The fact they can see the negreps probably is related to the fact they have responsibility. I refuse to believe that starting a hunt on whoever neg-reps them in PM is part of the 'responsibility' that comes with the powers a moderator has.

I'm not saying Wakey in this case was neccessarilly wrong to contact Idler (given he had the intention to protect other, perhaps new, people who may be the 'victim' (sigh) of random neg-reps aswell), but just because it's easy to do doesn't make it right. And saying they're allowed to just because they can therefore is a load of crap.

I've had quite a few of nameless, no text 'random' neg-reps myself, up untill a time where I got annoyed and contacted a mod about it (think it was JBG) asking if he could tell me who the neg-repper was so I could atleast ask him what in my posts annoyed him enough to neg-rep me at all times (I was assuming it was the same person). JBG chose (correctly) not to give out the name, in order to prevent 'rep wars'.

Procedures may be different, the rules of the game stay the same though.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:38   #137
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
First of all it doesnt take regular posters to be hostile with the neg reps towards those 'not in their little club'. A sparadic poster can be just as bad. And you know full well I cant name names, just like I couldnt have named and shamed Idler if he hadnt choosen to do so himself.

And I havent labelled all of 1up as posting shite or acting in a shite manner. Sid, Phil and Zhil for example are 3 of the best and fairest people on these boards and are a credit to this community. They may not always post things people agree with or agree with what people are saying but they rarely end up doing anything that could be considered negative or hostile towards other players.
So basically your've come on a thread where a single person has had a go at you, you've openly criticized an alliance and a specific number of posters then you refuse to name any names when asked, hiding behind "it was one off ones that I don't like".

How can you even think you have the vaguest credibility after that?

Am I to assume I aren't a fair or one of the best?

You're a joke and the sooner someone closes this thread the sooner you'll stop looking like a silly little boy.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:49   #138
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
Oh please.

The fact they can see the negreps probably is related to the fact they have responsibility. I refuse to believe that starting a hunt on whoever neg-reps them in PM is part of the 'responsibility' that comes with the powers a moderator has.

I'm not saying Wakey in this case was neccessarilly wrong to contact Idler (given he had the intention to protect other, perhaps new, people who may be the 'victim' (sigh) of random neg-reps aswell), but just because it's easy to do doesn't make it right. And saying they're allowed to just because they can therefore is a load of crap.

I've had quite a few of nameless, no text 'random' neg-reps myself, up untill a time where I got annoyed and contacted a mod about it (think it was JBG) asking if he could tell me who the neg-repper was so I could atleast ask him what in my posts annoyed him enough to neg-rep me at all times (I was assuming it was the same person). JBG chose (correctly) not to give out the name, in order to prevent 'rep wars'.

Then we'll agree to differ. I don't care that he saw who his negrep was from and had a whinge at him. I think it's sad but I don't think it's abuse. And as for trying to protect whoever I disagree with that, his intentions were just to have a moan at Idler and malign 1up.

If random negreps annoy you to the point that you try to find out from the mods then you need more sunshine. The whole rep system is a joke and should be gotten rid of. No good can come of it and it starts too many crap debates like this.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:58   #139
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The last time I checked this thread, we all agreed (Except for a coupple of people), that you were the shamed one here.

Why would I neg rep you anonymusly if I wanted you to ever contact me over it? Can you explain that part? as I cant find it in the EULA or any forum rule that makes sense.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 09:59   #140
wakey
Hamster

Quote:

How is abuse of my power? Why does being a mod mean that I'm not allowed to follow up actions that I would otherwise if reported by someone else? When people complain about people neg repping them I do my job and look into it and theres been a number of people on this forum I've had words with about their use of neg rep in an unjust and detrimental to the forums. Now you can sit there and tell yourself i contacted him because he neg repped me but my post that got repped and the message I sent idler show otherwise. I contacted him because his actions reinforced the negative image that surrounds 1up in particular at this time and which intimidates people into not posting. Something which should not be standing in the way of people posting as most are resonable and wont attack you unless you make an extreamly shit post.

I dont care about my own rep, if I did I wouldnt have posted on this thread because lets be honest it was going to get me neg repped more something which they would have had a harder time doing if I didnt post.

Abuse of power would have been one of the following things
1) Removing any negative F-Crew thread
2) Removing any negative thread about me
3) Remove any thread that ive been neg reped on thus returing my lost rep
4) Closing threads after Ive posted a long reply on a subject just so I get the last and only correct word
5) Telling everyone who gets neg repped but doesnt have it signed who neg repped them
6) Banning people whom I dont agree with
7) Removing posts or threads I dont agree with

and such like, none of which I have done. Which is something that most mods past and present and some PAteam cant say. So before accusing me of abusing my position get a clue
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 10:13   #141
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
. Now you can sit there and tell yourself i contacted him because he neg repped me but my post that got repped and the message I sent idler show otherwise. I contacted him because his actions reinforced the negative image that surrounds 1up in particular at this time and which intimidates people into not posting. Something which should not be standing in the way of people posting as most are resonable and wont attack you unless you make an extreamly shit post.

Oh you are just so full of it. Do you even know or have heard of people who dont DARE post on the forums because mighty scary Idler and his fellow comrades with ties to "Lets destroy PA - 1up" posts red blobs for no apparent reason.

And here I was, thinking we didnt live in Amityville.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 10:18   #142
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
JBG chose (correctly) not to give out the name, in order to prevent 'rep wars'.

And if you had asked me you wouldnt have got the name either, however that doesnt mean I'd just have sat back and ignored it. Id have got a list of the neg reps you had a problem with and I'd have looked them up and decided if they needed followed up. Idler isnt the only neg repper to have had a word from me about their actions, he just happens to be the only one whos neg repped me in this way and had it followed up.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 10:21   #143
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Idler isnt the only neg repper to have had a word from me about their actions, he just happens to be the only one whos neg repped me in this way and had it followed up.
Excuse me if I'm being stupid but what differentiates Idler from anyone else you've 'had a word with'?

How was his negrep different from anyone elses? What quantifies justification for you to 'have a word'? Their alliance?

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 10:38   #144
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Why is anyone taking this rep-system serious?
It is a flawed system and easy to manipulate. (rep-farming and anonymous groupnegrepping)
It would be better without the dots. Just leave the possibility to comment the quality of posts.

There seems to be allready too much of these repwhiningtrhreats.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 10:40   #145
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
please jbg, PLEASE tell me that this is the way you talk in RL.(insert joke/insult here).
There are some slight differences but different means of communication require different modes of expression.

Quote:
It is 'Forum Language', just as there is 'IRC language', and more specifically 'PA IRC language'. Those who use it best, are appreciated, and those who dont aren't. So the whole red blob/green blob ideea is overrated, as it only represents the personal interpretation of posts of those "veterans" to the forums with enough rep power to actually matter. If anyone refuses to comply to the standard way of posting, then the post is regarded as bad, and if they do comply, it is regarded as good. but isnt it relative? isnt it all relative?
And people who are dire at communicating don't have a good "forum language". Not exactly rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Mayhem
And quite possibly a punch in the face if you then went up to someone and told them they were talking in a poor matter...
You'd get a punch in the face off someone trying to rob you if you tried to defend yourself but that doesn't mean you're in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foundation
get out more
As much as I appreciate advice on my social life from people I've never talked to next time, in order to avoid the hassle of me actually reading your reply could you please just think it, reach inside your brain, pluck out the words and just HURL them away?
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 10:51   #146
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Oh you are just so full of it. Do you even know or have heard of people who dont DARE post on the forums because mighty scary Idler and his fellow comrades with ties to "Lets destroy PA - 1up" posts red blobs for no apparent reason.

And here I was, thinking we didnt live in Amityville.
See this is what annoys me about people like you, you sit there thinking you know it all while being completly ambigious to the fact that theres a whole other part of this community. Wake up and realise that the communities bigger than just your little group and that while your actions may not have a negative effect on your and your friends they can and often do have negative effects on people further down. These people arent there for you to act all high and mighty over and sneer at, they are people whom come from an area of the game that makes up the majority of players yet is represented here the least and which we NEED more of them posting and having their concerns listened to as they know more than most on this forum what they are talking about when it comes to these issues and concerns. (I mean its alright people saying things like "1up/nd/angels have poaching problems too and we think the current systems fair and we should know as we are at the top of the game" but the truth of the matter is they dont know as well as those whom have been in, are in or actually take an intrest in the struggles they are going through. It shouldnt end up being pretty much just me fighting for the cause of over half the players in this game against pretty much all the other half of the game. They should feel able to come and fight their own battles)
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 10:57   #147
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Has anyone ever pitched the idea of having a PA Forum Soap Opera to a major Television Network? A weeks worth of posting could provide years of scripts.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 11:01   #148
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
See this is what annoys me about people like you, you sit there thinking you know it all while being completly ambigious to the fact that theres a whole other part of this community. Wake up and realise that the communities bigger than just your little group and that while your actions may not have a negative effect on your and your friends they can and often do have negative effects on people further down.
There you go again using the term 'group'. Who has answered like Idler in this thread. Stop pigeonholing a whole swathe of people because of one persons post.

Quote:
(I mean its alright people saying things like "1up/nd/angels have poaching problems too and we think the current systems fair and we should know as we are at the top of the game"
I'm fairly sure no-one has said those words. I said poaching is a problem whatever level you're at but nowhere have I seen anyone specifically say any current system is fair and certainly not justifying it saying 'we're at the top so we must be right'.

Quote:
but the truth of the matter is they dont know as well as those whom have been in, are in or actually take an intrest in the struggles they are going through. It shouldnt end up being pretty much just me fighting for the cause of over half the players in this game against pretty much all the other half of the game. They should feel able to come and fight their own battles)
What cause? You have a serious martyr complex. It's only you because no-one else no-on else has a problem to your degree. We all have ways we'd like the game improved but the rest of us don't need to act like we're on a mission from god for the good of humanity.

I'm sure your sainthood is in the mail.

The only impression I ever seem to get from you is bitterness towards the alliances towards the top end of the T10.

Edit: And for the love of god, use the ****ing enter key occasionally.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 11:18   #149
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Excuse me if I'm being stupid but what differentiates Idler from anyone else you've 'had a word with'?

How was his negrep different from anyone elses? What quantifies justification for you to 'have a word'? Their alliance?
I've already stated that it was mainly due to the thread he did it on. The alliance obviously did play a part as well due to them being a group raised as being a problem on that thread and in other threads.

It wasnt however anything to do with his alliance in the way you seem to be making out though, i dont have an underlying hatrad of 1up (if anything as a whole your one of the more responsable and social aware alliances. As I've already said alot of your members are alot less hostile than most and alot more helpful, they certainly havent gone around undermining F-Crew like others and I've rarely had any problems personally with anyone in 1up outside the usual disagreeing with views expressed)
The Farnborough Crew

Last edited by wakey; 14 Jul 2006 at 11:23.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 11:23   #150
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I've already stated that it was mainly due to the thread he did it on. The alliance obviously did play a part as well due to them being a group raised as being a problem on that thread and in other threads. It wasnt however anything to do with his alliance in the way you seem to be making out though, i dont have an underlying hatrad of 1up (if anything as a whole your one of the more responsable and social aware alliances. As I've already said alot of your members are alot less hostile than most and alot more helpful, they certainly havent gone around undermining F-Crew like others and I've rarely had any problems personally with anyone in 1up outside the usual disagreeing with views expressed)
Exactly how many members of 1up do you think post on these boards? You have a group of 15 of them that you think spoil AD, yet refuse to name them and suddenly you've rarely had a problem with "anyone" in 1up.

I'm utterly baffled.

Edit: And thank you for the addition of a line break

Quote:
Closed Thread