User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 13:01   #1
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
In todays news......

wtg multi team in the worst case ever of closing the door after the horse got out and closing ppl during havoc....nice one

/sarcasm
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 13:04   #2
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: In todays news......

Is there some elaborate explanation to this or is this just something you share to to make sure people who are out of the loop realise that they actually aren't in the loop and then go all confused like me?

Because I have actually no idea whatsoever what you are on about. I am assuming a lot of people were closed since this warrants a topic on AD?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 13:08   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Maybe this is why 1up have opened up a recruitment thread?
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 13:13   #4
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well cheating in havoc is erm hehe too much really gg

but there is mostly a 1up problem atm
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 13:32   #5
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

nope, just heard a lot of Ziks got closed... and started the topic for some mid round humor mostly actually not my intention to flame the admin gang, just bored, and thought maybe someone could shed some light on the events
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 13:51   #6
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Is there some elaborate explanation to this or is this just something you share to to make sure people who are out of the loop realise that they actually aren't in the loop and then go all confused like me?
It doesn't matter, no one cares
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 14:14   #7
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well cheating in havoc is erm hehe too much really gg

but there is mostly a 1up problem atm
got any hard evidence? Or must one flag the vnc boat again
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:04   #8
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
got any hard evidence? Or must one flag the vnc boat again
m8 why am i not suprised you posted that?

it have nothing to do with vnc this time, you guys use it too much in the real rounds anyway
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:05   #9
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
..and started the topic for some mid round humor mostly
Dude the round finished days ago! I think you need some well earned sleep!
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:06   #10
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Or must one flag the vnc boat again
Arrr, let us raise the flag again and go get those bastards, shiver me timbers!
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:09   #11
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

it have nothing to do with vnc this time, you guys use it too much in the real rounds anyway
Avast ye varmint!
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:14   #12
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Dude the round finished days ago! I think you need some well earned sleep!

I got plenty of sleep during the round according to my planet score :/
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:24   #13
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Try answering the question instead of getting hit in the face by the argument-merry-go-around.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:27   #14
robban1

Quote:
Try answering the question instead of getting hit in the face by the argument-merry-go-around.

tip: some landings on sid
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:29   #15
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
tip: some landings on sid
Oh. I dont intend to newsscan, just give me the brief report.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:08   #16
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Who plays havoc anyway??

Not me :P I got owned by Ziw. Oh the shame :/

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:21   #17
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Muha, eXilition har arrosen..... err... arisen? arrised? Whats the right word?

Exilition
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:28   #18
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Somebodies taking havoc far too seriously.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:30   #19
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
wtg multi team in the worst case ever of closing the door after the horse got out and closing ppl during havoc....nice one

/sarcasm
Some people take havoc seriously. You can't bitch at us for closing people when you all had a spaz at the admin last round for giving ourselves huge fleets and actually having some fun.

Therefor we take it as seriously and will treat it as a normal round. Get over it.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:46   #20
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

I think it's so cute the way you come on here to stir crap up, Ducky. But what makes it the worst case ever? Is it because it happened to Sid? Do you need some lipbalm for those chapped lips?
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:47   #21
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

i think an admin abusing his rights is a bit different to a tosser taking over 10 accounts to support himself because the said alliance mates are too tired or fed up to be arsed to do anything.

Sour grapes on the admin side perhaps?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:50   #22
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
i think an admin abusing his rights is a bit different to a tosser taking over 10 accounts to support himself because the said alliance mates are too tired or fed up to be arsed to do anything.

Sour grapes on the admin side perhaps?
Admin abuse?

The accounts were closed for fleet donations. The decision made by this particular MH was the right one and I support. Some of the accounts have been reopened but with a stern warning.

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:53   #23
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I absoultly LOVE it when people come whining about Multihunters.

* There not doing this.
* Hes done that and nothings happened.
* Ive got news scans of this person so I want you to close him.

Some people REALLY need to understand what being a Multihunter is all about. We have to LEAVE our respective alliances and be impartial, wether dealing with IRC friends or people we've never met.

During Havoc the game is just running along as normal. Some people play it competitivly, others dont bother playing at all. Unfortunatly, Multihunters get much less time off (if any). If we decide to have some fun then we get slated by the community and if we decide to carry on multihunting, we get slated by the community (as evidenced by this thread).

PLEASE just take some time to think about the people who help to run / admin Planetarion - the Support Staff, Multihunters, Coders, PA Team. We do it for FREE so people can carry on enjoying playing the game.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:55   #24
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Some people take havoc seriously. You can't bitch at us for closing people when you all had a spaz at the admin last round for giving ourselves huge fleets and actually having some fun.

Therefor we take it as seriously and will treat it as a normal round. Get over it.

If you take havoc as seriously as the normal round, dont call it havoc and give prizes to the winner.

We shouldnt have a havoc if people are going to take it seriously.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:56   #25
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
I absoultly LOVE it when people come whining about Multihunters.

* There not doing this.
* Hes done that and nothings happened.
* Ive got news scans of this person so I want you to close him.

Some people REALLY need to understand what being a Multihunter is all about. We have to LEAVE our respective alliances and be impartial, wether dealing with IRC friends or people we've never met.

During Havoc the game is just running along as normal. Some people play it competitivly, others dont bother playing at all. Unfortunatly, Multihunters get much less time off (if any). If we decide to have some fun then we get slated by the community and if we decide to carry on multihunting, we get slated by the community (as evidenced by this thread).

PLEASE just take some time to think about the people who help to run / admin Planetarion - the Support Staff, Multihunters, Coders, PA Team. We do it for FREE so people can carry on enjoying playing the game.
Couldn't have put it much better. When we deal with accounts / problems we have to look at them as a blank account and be impartial.

If you want havoc to be care and rule free, then give up and take back all your bitching from when we admin ourselves a decent fleet so we can actually play ourselves. We spend a round getting bashed into the floor. Give us a chance. Since this however is not what the compunity seemed to want, we continue to take it totally seriously.

Your lose if you now consider it to be biting you in the arse.

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:58   #26
K-W
Bored

Quote:
During Havoc the game is just running along as normal.
So the resource and roid donations and 15 min ticks are normal? The fact that the rankings dont count for anything is normal?

If havoc is the game running as normal it isnt havoc. The whole point of havoc is that the normal round is over and you can just goof off and crash ships etc.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:00   #27
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
So the resource and roid donations and 15 min ticks are normal? The fact that the rankings dont count for anything is normal?

If havoc is the game running as normal it isnt havoc. The whole point of havoc is that the normal round is over and you can just goof off and crash ships etc.
By "normal" he means that the EULA still applies.

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:01   #28
Rumad
th0ng gimp

i know the PA team spend a lot of time doing things for the game and themselves, Its a bit pretentious to say the admin team do it all for you. Truly some of the work they undertake is in the interests of community, but generally its to be part of the team or game some experience relevant to a career they are interested in.

However whereever game admining conflicts with someone elses enjoyment you are bound to get conflict. And if you don't want it get out of the way simple as,.....

And Marv I am sure you do support the MH's decision, I however don't think you can play seriously in havoc, though i am sure some dweebs with no life will argue I am wrong.

I do think in havoc closing accounts is pretty pointless. Wrist slaps and penalisation i am sure is a better way to deal with things.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:01   #29
K-W
Bored

Quote:
By "normal" he means that the EULA still applies.
Then he should have said that.

My point still stands, the idea of taking havoc seriously is completely at odds with the idea of havoc in the first place.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:02   #30
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ WHAT I POST!!!!!!

Havoc is either considered to be :

NOT normal, played by a few people, much lower proportion of the user base

OR

Played normally, played by a few people who are concerned about people who are cheating.

At the end of the day if we take a lazy eye due to people having some fun and we have some fun the community has a go at it.

If we admin it normally then idiots like you try to rip us a part.

Or do you need a diagram???
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:04   #31
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
He might find one handy

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:04   #32
K-W
Bored

Quote:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ WHAT I POST!!!!!!

Havoc is either considered to be :

NOT normal, played by a few people, much lower proportion of the user base

OR

Played normally, played by a few people who are concerned about people who are cheating.

At the end of the day if we take a lazy eye due to people having some fun and we have some fun the community has a go at it.

If we admin it normally then idiots like you try to rip us a part.

Havoc is NEVER considered playing normally. Thats why it has a special name, "havoc".

People can choose to play havoc seriously and care about thier ranks, this does not mean that suddenly havoc has become part of the normal round.

If you want havoc to be part of the normal round, make it a part of the normal round, but the entire point of havoc is having ticks when the game is over for people to goof off.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:04   #33
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
We shouldnt have a havoc if people are going to take it seriously.
This quote is 100% correct and true. Havoc always was meant as a time where the weener whiner planets could get revenge on its big bad alliances who had pummelled them all round.

Havoc never was designed to be serious. Havoc was meant as a bit of fun to put everyone on a level par.

If people are playing seriously they need deleting!

(Please lord forgive my tresspasses of agreeing with Germania. Please still let me into heaven. Amen.)
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:06   #34
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Havoc is NEVER considered playing normally. Thats why it has a special name, "havoc".

People can choose to play havoc seriously and care about thier ranks, this does not mean that suddenly havoc has become part of the normal round.

If you want havoc to be part of the normal round, make it a part of the normal round, but the entire point of havoc is having ticks when the game is over for people to goof off.

I think you better talk to Mr aNgRyDuCk then
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:06   #35
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
If even just 1 person chooses to play it seriously. Then we admin it seriously. Thats how it goes.

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:07   #36
K-W
Bored

Quote:
I think you better talk to Mr aNgRyDuCk then
Huh?
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:08   #37
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Huh?
Read the OP in relation to what you have been saying :-)

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:09   #38
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Huh?
He's so upset because people decide to play properly and then some people cheat. So if theres even just one person (even a lawyer) then we have to admin it properly.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:11   #39
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
If even just 1 person chooses to play it seriously. Then we admin it seriously. Thats how it goes.
Quote of the century.

So now the mighty voiced majorities of 1 rule the game. Wicked!
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:11   #40
K-W
Bored

Quote:
PA team announces that the round is over and the FINAL rankings have been taken, announces that there will be a special 'havoc' round that doesnt count where people are given huge donations so everyone has a giant planet. And just because someone chooses to care about the meaningless rankings of havoc it means that suddenly its a serious round?
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:12   #41
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Quote of the century.

So now the mighty voiced majorities of 1 rule the game. Wicked!
Because we have a responsibility to the game and if people dont like having fun then no-one else can have fun.

Its hard but unfortunatly thats how things go
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:16   #42
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Read the OP in relation to what you have been saying :-)
Angryduck is laughing at the multihunters for enforcing rules after the round, where the rules matter, is already over.

I agree with him.

Quote:
He's so upset because people decide to play properly and then some people cheat. So if theres even just one person (even a lawyer) then we have to admin it properly.
No you dont have to. Of course you dont have to. The sensible response to that one person is:

"The official round is over, havoc does not count towards the final standings and exists only for the purposes of amusement. PA team including the multihunters are taking this opportunity for much deserved rest and needed planning."
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:17   #43
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
I would say that the real round what you are saying is justified and rightly so. In Havoc it actually goes against the whole ethos of what you say. Some people can't be arsed to play so someone else uses it for fun. I know some probably get trashed by doing it this way, but thats part of the fun isn't it? Waking up realising your planet is trashed and rebuilding.

As for the person who is cheating - penalise them and let them play on. No real harm done afterall it is only H_A_V_O_C.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:19   #44
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Because we have a responsibility to the game and if people dont like having fun then no-one else can have fun.

Its hard but unfortunatly thats how things go
You have a responsibility to act like that during the round. In Havoc a time of fun and not so serious playing why not admin with a bit of flexibility?
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:21   #45
Smudge
For Crowly <3

So if its fun and we can all have a laugh, why were the people in 1:1 had a go at by the community by increasing there fleets?

If its a time of fun and not so serious playing, why not a community with a bit of flexibility?
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:22   #46
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
PA team announces that the round is over and the FINAL rankings have been taken, announces that there will be a special 'havoc' round that doesnt count where people are given huge donations so everyone has a giant planet. And just because someone chooses to care about the meaningless rankings of havoc it means that suddenly its a serious round?
Admins have delusions of grandure. They are supporting the idea that they speak for the masses (1?) and because they are playing seriously (1 player?) everyone should....

At least thats what I think they are saying.....
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:27   #47
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
So if its fun and we can all have a laugh, why were the people in 1:1 had a go at by the community by increasing there fleets?

If its a time of fun and not so serious playing, why not a community with a bit of flexibility?
As I remember it was a couple of admin who gave themselves stupidly large fleets and crashed a few planets. If it had been a several admin planets attacking withn the alotted resources of the game I doubt anyone would have given a toss to be perfectly honest.

I have plenty of flexibility - just when bad decisions are made people will always have an opinion. You are in your admin greenhouse. If you don't want people to throw stones shouldn't respond to the threads.

However I do think sometimes you need to take a step back with some of the decisions. Havoc is a period for being a prat. Most players spend 15-20 hours a day playing seriously during a normal round. Flexibility in decisions at times like that is what differentiates good admins from pisspotical ones.

Spinner did so many deals in his time as admin, but mostly the community liked and supported and appreciated his work. You should learn from this.....
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:28   #48
K-W
Bored

Quote:

Well I wasnt around when this incident happened, but I can assure you that if I was I would have defended 1:1, regardless, I understand what you are saying, but if the PA community cant handle havoc, dont have havoc. Stop the game at the end of the round ceremony and be done with it.

I feel bad for the multihunters if they have to work during havoc, they shouldnt have to.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:30   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Admins have delusions of grandure. They are supporting the idea that they speak for the masses (1?) and because they are playing seriously (1 player?) everyone should....

At least thats what I think they are saying.....
No dear, the idea is that there is a set of rules agreed upon that just because a few people feel it's a bit of fun cannot be broken.

And what are you talking about? People moaned at spinner from r1 to r10 and they're probably still ringing him up to moan at him for taking out thieves or getting rid of holoroids or downsizing the phoenix or not catching killmark earlier or for allowing r3 to go on so long or...
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:31   #50
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Why is everyone making this so difficult

I have never seen as much whining about closures and Multihunters doing their job as in havoc, and especially now.

How is it possible that all those people complaining and bitching about havoc being fun and not serious, take this multihunting issue so serious. If you REALLY werent taking havoc serious, you would laugh about it.

Maybe you are so serious about it, because you are afraid some MH will catch you farming again. People who do not farm or cheat in any other way, have no reason to complain to begin with.

ITS SIMPLE:

THE EULA does not make a difference between a normal round and havoc. You sign the EULA for the ACCOUNT you create, not for the type of round, or type of game play.

SO: piss off, go play havoc or if you dont like it that you could be caught for your cheating, dont play.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote