User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 May 2006, 02:29   #201
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1up's not-ingame members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Having organised raids on 1up before when they weren't expecting it I know just how quickly they can react. In previous rounds 1up have been able to change plans within a couple of hours and be retalliating incs within 2-3 ticks of heavy targetting. Ok in hindsight the lack of military officers would have made this very difficult for 1up to do but I still think they would have been hitting us within 6 ticks. 1up might not ruin a round in 6 hours but they can sure as hell ruin a night.
Forget hindsight, that was just a joke. I can't emphasise enough how pathetic it was for each alliance to put forward that the other attack before them and then not come to any conclusion.
Presumably, before approaching each other, the individuals representing both alliances considered that it was in both their, and ND/Omen's interest to attack. Surely at some point in these discussions, it should've dawned on someone, that the alliance making the original approach was to be BETTER OFF by cooperating than..

drafting an elaborate plan to, NOT attack the strongest alliance and instead backstab the only other alliance going for first. i.e the only other group with a clear reason to want to attack them. That's not even playing for second place any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Paddy, bwtmc summarises nicely. Omen have been 1up's only threat for over a week now. Any attack would have been on Omen - it would have made no sense to attack someone who isn't threatening you.
That's really not what I was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken
bwtmc didn't summarise anything nicely - he misread Paddy's post.
There's only one issue I agree with bwtmc on: the whole idea of trust is shit.
I'm pretty sure that was the only point I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Paddy is 100% correct in his conclusion. If, for example, Omen and ND (or Insomnia) hit 1up at the time when that was on the cards then 1up would have 100% retaled on ND (or Insomnia) not Omen. I'm not sure he appreciates all of the reasons why, however.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_chicken

And of course, neither side can really afford to play.

It's good to give your weakest (the alliance that feels they have the least chance of winning and therefore benefiting from the attacks) opponent the biggest reason not to attack. Obviously, (unless it folds, something top alliances might instead decide to bank on) the stronger alliance is going to fight it out whether you send them incomings or not.
Unread 25 May 2006, 05:11   #202
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

I can't agree with these ppl blaming ND and Insomnia for the 1up 1st spot. They just can't make allt he dirty work for omen while they just sit back and watch it eating some popcorn.

At that time the real and visible 1st spot were omen, everyone knew about 1up, sure, but if anyone wants it the most, that would be omen, to garantee its 1st place, so why didnt they make the first move?

I wouldnt in a billion years accept to do what Insomnia and ND were told to do, and I think they made it quite right.

The fact they bring 1up down would result to garantee omen a very better position than they had that time, and I don't think ND and Insomnia would like that
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 07:07   #203
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
A week or so ago ND were approached by Omen to hit 1up. By this stage Omen were a good 5-10mil score ahead of us and 5k or so roids ahead. ND were willing to help hit 1up as long as Omen started it, even if only 1 or 2 ticks before us.
I can show you logs were Gate refuses and says ND's sole goal at that moment should be to slaughter Omen 24/7. To add to that, I can show you logs were ReligFree, a day later, comes and asks us to coordinate with ND, giving his word on ND not attacking Omen meanwhile. I can show you defence relay logs, where, the night after talking with RF, ND sends a high amount of hostile fleets specifically targetted on Omens. You're full of strange "facts", Paddy.

edit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
So one second, they wanted help and proof of trust. How does this build together for any kind of team building relationship. This is just shooting yourself in the foot.
Actually, at the point where the meeting was held, we were routing attacks on Insomnia, together with a certain alliance. The meeting at that point was no longer called for by us.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 25 May 2006 at 07:22.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 07:13   #204
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
All 3 alliances have lacked any kind of pro-activity and hence are all pretty much sunk. They're all equally guilty. This round has been defined by a lot of faffing about, missing the obvious and an utter lack of desire to do more or less anything. I can't say I'll be sorry to see it go, it's been absolutely dreadful to play and watch - at times i thought round 5 was better. Strangely the winners aren't to blame.
Is a pretty decent summary.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:00   #205
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä

Actually, at the point where the meeting was held, we were routing attacks on Insomnia, together with a certain alliance. The meeting at that point was no longer called for by us.
so you would have attacked insomnia if we hd gone on 1up...is that what your saying? if you wouldnt have you would have gotten your flak too?

WTG Keizari

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:12   #206
rain

rain can only hope to improve

[08:24] <rain> hello
[08:25] <Grog> hey
[08:25] <rain> i've been told you're in charge of politics in ND^^
[08:26] <Grog> thats right
[08:26] <rain> ok
[08:26] <rain> in or out?
[08:27] <Grog> well i think i'd need to know the proposition first
[08:27] <rain> ND
[08:27] <rain> in or out against 1up
[08:28] <Grog> its not that simple
[08:28] <rain> no
[08:28] <rain> it is that simple
[08:28] <rain> either you attack 1up or dont attack 1up
[08:28] <rain> thats how simple this is
[08:29] <Grog> well atm we'd count as undecided on that
[08:29] <Grog> we aren't avoiding 1up, but we aren't hitting them specifically either
[08:31] <rain> so you're ok with them winning the round without giving them a decent fight
[08:31] <Grog> well atm i can't see how its our fight
[08:31] <rain> likr you did awgainst omen and practicall crippled both ND and omen
[08:32] <rain> it was your fight from the start
[08:32] <Grog> yeah maybe it was
[08:32] <Grog> but there was a point where it stopped being our fight
[08:33] <Grog> then it became yours
[08:33] <rain> ok
[08:33] <rain> have a nice round
[08:33] <rain> or whats left of it
[08:33] <Grog> i will thanks

============

[10:05] <rain> hello
[10:05] <Jonas^Away> lo
[10:05] <rain> whos in charge of politics in insomnia?
[10:05] <Jonas^Away> <--
[10:05] <rain> ok
[10:06] <rain> are you with 1up till end of round?
[10:07] <Jonas^Away> depends
[10:07] <Jonas^Away> why?
[10:07] <rain> let me put it this why
[10:08] <rain> is insomnia willing to hit 1up and 1up only from now on till round ends?
[10:08] <Jonas^Away> nop
[10:08] <Jonas^Away> e
[10:08] <Jonas^Away> u ha dur chance
[10:08] <rain> ok
[10:08] <Jonas^Away> and u spoiled it
[10:08] <rain> thank you

==============

congrats 1up for winning the round
congrats ND and insomnia for screwing it
congrats insomnia for being #1 peon alliance this round

now someone please close this thread, nothing more to discuss in here
rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:16   #207
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain

You pitched that real well to them. Sold it right to them. Could see them wanting to buy that idea from miles away.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:21   #208
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
snip
as ive said to some HC's that have pmed me. We offer you the chance to take down omen not once but twice and its thrown back in our face. now you get 0wned and you come begging for our help?? whats changed rain, tell me whats changed? the fact that it took you to get your ass handed to you for attacking 1up to matter? get real

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:37   #209
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Every top alliance contender except 1up lost this round, and every one is guilty of various things that help to explain this. Lack of proactivity or organisation, or sheer political ineptness.

Trying to blame it on every other alliance is childish and moronic. Your own alliance didn't do what was needed to win, and it's your own fault. Maybe if you learnt from it instead of trying to blame everyone else, you might not make the same mistake again.

There are logs that are damning of keizari and could easily lead to the conclusion 'congrats omen for screwing it', but I'd rather my alliance learns primarily from its own mistakes and improves for the future than pasting them up on the internet in a feeble attempt to reinforce my own opinion that it couldn't possibly be our own mistakes that cost us the round. And hopefully, if I have a big enough whine about it and post enough out of context remarks, I can make it look like it was entirely the other party's fault. Because, of course, the most important thing in PA is not to win, but to **** up and then try to blame everyone else.

You lost. Get better.
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:40   #210
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
as ive said to some HC's that have pmed me. We offer you the chance to take down omen not once but twice and its thrown back in our face. now you get 0wned and you come begging for our help?? whats changed rain, tell me whats changed? the fact that it took you to get your ass handed to you for attacking 1up to matter? get real
Nice words mate, though it only says: "You trew something back in my face, now im settling for thirth"

Every other top 5 ally should grow a fricking spine, and either charge fullspeed are say your settling. It aint that hard mate, well it is when your living in the past and your having a blurred view.
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:42   #211
rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
Thats not begging. I never begged for anything, ever. It was a fair proposal that your alliance passed. While we came to insomnia as equal partners all along, you went as muppets to 1up. And you'd rather continue as 1up peons. That's what you and your members are atm. A bunch of MUPPETS.
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:45   #212
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

rain :

Since your posting nice nice logs who should show that you is willing to hit 1up.
After yesterday and you where 25% down, why did you come ask nd to help hit insomnia?

Did you pm insomnia hc about helping hitting nd to maybe ?
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:53   #213
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
rain :

Since your posting nice nice logs who should show that you is willing to hit 1up.
After yesterday and you where 25% down, why did you come ask nd to help hit insomnia?

Did you pm insomnia hc about helping hitting nd to maybe ?
This shouldnt be to hard sherlock, and actually quite logic:
Ins sided with 1up, and profitted because of that. And Revenge is revenge, together Omen could still figth 1up while still hitting Ins/

/end very logic NOT omen awnser.
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:54   #214
Dopec

Dopec can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
You pitched that real well to them. Sold it right to them. Could see them wanting to buy that idea from miles away.
Well, whether pitched or not, the answers were quite clear too. ND doesnt consider 1up ie #1 spot their fight anymore so what gives, end of story there. Insomnia would rather be with 1up than against them. maybe we can have a real nice contest for the #2 spot for the next two weeks.

And also knowing how strong of 1up is with Insomnia on their side one is probably better off trying to scare them away from that position.
Dopec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 08:55   #215
rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Every top alliance contender except 1up lost this round, and every one is guilty of various things that help to explain this. Lack of proactivity or organisation, or sheer political ineptness.

Trying to blame it on every other alliance is childish and moronic. Your own alliance didn't do what was needed to win, and it's your own fault. Maybe if you learnt from it instead of trying to blame everyone else, you might not make the same mistake again.

There are logs that are damning of keizari and could easily lead to the conclusion 'congrats omen for screwing it', but I'd rather my alliance learns primarily from its own mistakes and improves for the future than pasting them up on the internet in a feeble attempt to reinforce my own opinion that it couldn't possibly be our own mistakes that cost us the round. And hopefully, if I have a big enough whine about it and post enough out of context remarks, I can make it look like it was entirely the other party's fault. Because, of course, the most important thing in PA is not to win, but to **** up and then try to blame everyone else.

You lost. Get better.
It was your call to make, Gate. All the time till you left ND HC team. You were the one calling for insomnia's help to screw omen. Not once, but twice. Each time your call. While 1up grew in peace, we had to fight against a stubborn idiotic leader who still thought omen is the biggest treat. I have logs too, you know. It was because of those 2 joint attacks we didn't trust you and insomnia and we were right all the time not to trust you. When you came last time to us and asked for a block against 1up, you weren't actually targeting 1up. Your goal was to target 1up AND omen. As 1up would have retalled. It's childish to think they would retall any other alliance but omen. Sure, put Omen in the front line all the time. They're Godlike. What asked Keizari was fair, was a proof that you really want to hit 1up and you passed that proposal. Again, I have logs. It wasn't us the ones to come to ND and ask for a block against 1up and next day to gang with whoever against your alliance. It was YOU who did that.
Don't want to turn this into a "it was your fault" topic, although it sounds like it. As a last note, stupidity can't be cured.

Last edited by rain; 25 May 2006 at 09:11.
Unread 25 May 2006, 09:20   #216
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is pathetic beyond my wildest dreams.
Unread 25 May 2006, 09:32   #217
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So, Sid's arrived and declared his battle plans. Looks like Insomnia/Angels would have got it in the ass if the block had ever come into existence.

Frankly every alliance has made mistakes and left itself in bad positions. You've all delievered one political cluster**** that I hope none of you ever repeat.

Omen. Omen were essentially pinned by NewDawn and Insomnia, or the threat thereof. If they had attempted to go for 1up solo, there was no guarantee that ND/Ins wouldn't have hit Omen, forced Omen down to 4th/5th with 1up help and both moved up a rank respectively. From their point of view, the same could have equally happened in a block. This was because of a huge trust issue created by the relations between the three alliances all round - all equally willing to backstab each other.

NewDawn. I don't think Omen like you very much . From what I can tell you focussed on Omen for far too long and ignored 1up. I still believe that you were the real powerbrokers of this round - and it doesn't matter whether you're ready to accept this or not. Your actions affected everyone else. By choosing to not go for 1up and instead focus on Omen (or Omen galaxies), you prevented Omen from aiming for 1up, as well as Omen trusting you.

Everyone's too proud. Omen, ND, Ins and Angels all agreed that they should hit 1up. Yet they never actually did it. Omen decided that they wouldn't trust the others. The others refused to recognise why Omen didn't trust them. No-one was willing to sacrifice in the present to aim for a long-term goal. Where was the ND-Ins-Angels meeting to properly discuss Omen/1up? You all did this half-assed and it shows in the meetings and on AD now.

You all had choices, yet none of you made the right ones. Omen failed to accept the 6 hour offer, for example. Talk about shooting yourself in the face. In fact, the only alliance for which everything went right was 1up - and that really is all that now matters.
Unread 25 May 2006, 09:37   #218
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's childish to think they [1up] would retall any other alliance but omen.
Good to see you read the whole thread properly. As I have already said, we DID think that 1up would target us rather than Omen and since I said that Sid has replied to say that we were correct in thinking that. We may not have had our reasoning for why they would hit us, rather than you, fully correct (as Sid pointed out) but the fact is 1up would have targetted us, not you.

Sure ND may have made a few mistakes politically this round, not blocking the universe might be one (as Lok said), not hitting 1up might be one. However what we don't do is come on here whining about how it's all another alliance's fault. We won't however let other people say it is entirely our fault when it is as much theirs as it is ours. They were in the position to hit 1up. They were "top" by a fair way but they let a trust issue get in the way of the plans. ND may have done the same thing but Omen were always the alliance that would benefit most from 1up being hit.

Omen had their chances, they couldn't/didn't take them. ND had their chances and couldn't/didn't take them. Who knows what might have happened if any alliance from 2-5 had done something different. The fact is the didn't and they're all as much to blame as each other for that.
Unread 25 May 2006, 10:04   #219
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

dear lord would you all stop going around in circles, and just grow testicular fortitude*, stop ****ing hoping someone else will do your dirty work for you and just go for it yourself. it sure as hell is better to tried and ended #4 than pussy footed around and settled for #2.

*very interestingly, this phrase was first used by moi in r11 on these boards and similarly to how i was "proud" of 1up in that round, i'm also proud of 1up this round for the innovation involved.

there's also something to be said about lch of that and omen of this, too.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 10:22   #220
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
dear lord would you all stop going around in circles, and just grow testicular fortitude*, stop ****ing hoping someone else will do your dirty work for you and just go for it yourself. it sure as hell is better to tried and ended #4 than pussy footed around and settled for #2.
It depends on the level of risk involved and how good your alliance is.
Unread 25 May 2006, 10:34   #221
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_chicken

And of course, neither side can really afford to play.
For heaven's sake! ND:

It's pretty damn simple. 1up put forward pretty much every round that they'll target the smaller of the resisting alliances rather than the greater threat to their rank. If you're not willing to take some hits as the second alliance hitting 1up, you have given up any chance of winning at the round start.

Closing on the end of the round, they were never going to kick the crap out of you while Omen ran away with it. Very quickly there'd come a point where they would switch targetting. If the damage to both alliances was large enough, you might even both switch targetting! The principle reason for the attacks on you, would simply be the expectation that you're more likely to stop. It can even be good to stop, start hitting galaxies and go for rank once you've offset the balance. Of course, the other two contenders would then be stuck fighting!

If you leave it really late they might not attack you at all. Although, the other alliance you depend on will probably be out of the battle by then.
Unread 25 May 2006, 11:16   #222
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
For heaven's sake! ND:

It's pretty damn simple. 1up put forward pretty much every round that they'll target the smaller of the resisting alliances rather than the greater threat to their rank. If you're not willing to take some hits as the second alliance hitting 1up, you have given up any chance of winning at the round start.

Closing on the end of the round, they were never going to kick the crap out of you while Omen ran away with it. Very quickly there'd come a point where they would switch targetting. If the damage to both alliances was large enough, you might even both switch targetting! The principle reason for the attacks on you, would simply be the expectation that you're more likely to stop. It can even be good to stop, start hitting galaxies and go for rank once you've offset the balance. Of course, the other two contenders would then be stuck fighting!

If you leave it really late they might not attack you at all. Although, the other alliance you depend on will probably be out of the battle by then.
The whole point is that you knock out your rivals support out of the running, leave your main rival exposed, then just rip through them. ND had taken a bit of a battering already. The war might have been brief, but probably killer on morale, considering ND have been on the end of it for most of the round. On the other hand ND could have just stuck it out, and Omen would simply have pulled away further. It's my belief that ND would be pretty much out of the running in either scenario. If the war stopped, they'd still be helping someone else out rather than doing anything particularly beneficial. Even so, 1up strategy dooms ND, which means they made the right decision because the offer from Omen was poor. Even then, their priority isn't "stop 1up winning", I'd say it's more "stop giving a shit and do what you like".

Omen's alternative although not much different involves beating 1up, then going back to beating ND which they were doing in the first place. It's a bit easier for them (not much).

ND are guilty primarily of playing a poor political round and what I would call 'intensity' and this has been what has done them mainly. They should have a commanding lead and never allowed this scenario to happen by being pro active very early in the round. Omen on the other hand expected others to do their work for them and when it comes to the crunch, you've really got to be able to do it yourself.

There is a way back for these alliances, but I suspect the Omen attack on Gate ended any prospect of that and their contempt for an alliance refusing to simply go out of their way to help them will end any prospect for that. To be honest, if you can't take out some untagged planets, what can you do. Omen and AD have known about it for ages, and when they didn't get help, simply sat there and decided to take what was coming. How utterly moronic!
Unread 25 May 2006, 13:38   #223
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
NewDawn. I don't think Omen like you very much . From what I can tell you focussed on Omen for far too long and ignored 1up.
furball you have still not paid attention to the class.

ND did focus on Omen for approx 5 DAYS!

We haven't picked gals with omen in, their gals have just ben FAT!

furball I am now tired of you reading what you want. Start reading this thread or I suggest you stop posting, your just posting bullshit anyways.

Last edited by Spritfire; 25 May 2006 at 13:44.
Spritfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 14:20   #224
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:

furball I am now tired of you reading what you want. Start reading this thread or I suggest you stop posting, your just posting bullshit anyways.

well main issue is that you guys didnt target ANY 1up planets on your galraids so the "just fat" argument are just moronic doh...
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 14:21   #225
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
you forgot to congratulate Omen for having the most arrogant HC in history of PA, with whom nobody would want to have any deals and thus shooting themselves in the foot from tick 1
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 14:23   #226
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-CuRa
you forgot to congratulate Omen for having the most arrogant HC in history of PA, with whom nobody would want to have any deals and thus shooting themselves in the foot from tick 1
arrogant?

clearly you dont know rain/keizari.... being better doesnt mean your arrogant. what gate said, he would never want to let a new alliance win. THATS arrogant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 14:32   #227
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well main issue is that you guys didnt target ANY 1up planets on your galraids so the "just fat" argument are just moronic doh...

FYI

A number of 1up planets have been roided multiple times by ND .

Just setting the record straight

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 14:35   #228
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Oh Spritfire! I'm feeling so much love right now :(((((

You didn't exactly avoid Omen on those days you didn't hit Omen as an alliance, did you? Omen's galaxies were fat, great. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have hit those galaxies. However, you probably generated a good number of incomings on those (fat) Omen planets - so saying that you only gave Omen incomings on 5 or 7 days is simply wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritfire
ND for that mather have hadd incs all round, from omen's flak.
Almost every second day have they launched at us.

So dont come here and say that omen have hadd a hard start round.
They have basically kept themself out of any war, and just raided gals all round
Now, how about you develop this allegation of Omen using flak into something credible (hint: use facts). I'm disinclined to take this seriously unless you start naming names. It's a major allegation that should be taking up a lot of AD's time, so get going.
Unread 25 May 2006, 14:54   #229
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

5 days? we are over 3k incoming hostile fleets. wouldnt be far fetched to say that 2/3 of those incs were nd/ins. now u do the math. 5 days of targeting + random attacks can get 2k fleets? i think not.

nothing can stop you from posting crap.but try and make it believable please.
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:02   #230
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
arrogant?

clearly you dont know rain/keizari.... being better doesnt mean your arrogant. what gate said, he would never want to let a new alliance win. THATS arrogant.
No, that's a statement of preference. Saying we're not going to let them win might be arrogant, but only if he can't back it up. I have the utmost respect for rain and keizari's abilities to run a solid military machine and while I'm sure they were pissed off at all and sundry when they were getting hit while not actually being the #1 alliance, being as accusatory, blunt and downright uncivil as they appeared in the logs I've read is never a productive approach.

PS you needed someone like rob. rob could have talked hitler out of invading poland
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:12   #231
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
5 days? we are over 3k incoming hostile fleets. wouldnt be far fetched to say that 2/3 of those incs were nd/ins. now u do the math. 5 days of targeting + random attacks can get 2k fleets? i think not.

nothing can stop you from posting crap.but try and make it believable please.
ND have so far (PT977) had 2,920 defcalls, what I would consider a 'bumpy' ride (as can be seen on sandmans), and we have not had the 7 (now 8) days of specific targetting Omen have had. These sort of above-average incoming levels are typical of an alliance with a lot of fat members and don't necessarily constitute endlessly coordinated waves of incomings over a period of weeks. Sometimes people just like the look of your roids, without some kind of 'omg destroy omen!' agenda.
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:14   #232
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

[BA]Apoc can only hope to improve
Lightbulb Re: 1up's not-ingame members

Firstly i'd like to say congratualtions Sid on a round very well played, 1up's tactics have worked brillaintly and now thanks to the bickering between all of your rivals 1up's victory is almost garaunteed, unless Omen/ND/Ins decide to work together or at least lay off each other i can't see anyone assailling your lead.

I did find it very arrogant from ND saying that Omen should not win the round because they are a new alliance, even though they contain many of the experienced players in PA. The fact that ND went straight after Omen from the word go with the occasional help from Ins showed a lack of round planning and foresight. Instead of Omen being in a position where 1up would have had to chase them, Omens constant incomings have made 1up's win a near certainty.

TBH, with the massive amount of distrust evident i can't see Omen/ND/Ins co-operating in taking down 1up. the only option left to you is to back of each other and go for 1up on your own, in a straight fight, 1up would win against you, but if you place enough incomings at their door step ... you might actually make this round hard for 1up.

Maybe the fight for second will be interesting?
or maybe the fight for 5th?

Allainces [BA] - [NOS] - [HR]
[BA]Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:25   #233
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
FYI

A number of 1up planets have been roided multiple times by ND .

Just setting the record straight
im not talking about the extra fake 1uppers planets you have and kicked out.
think you even can find that they got shaved by the untagged ones aswell.

btw you guys still use em for attacks, funny isnt it?
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:26   #234
Spritfire

Quote:
Oh Spritfire! I'm feeling so much love right now ((((

You didn't exactly avoid Omen on those days you didn't hit Omen as an alliance, did you? Omen's galaxies were fat, great. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have hit those galaxies. However, you probably generated a good number of incomings on those (fat) Omen planets - so saying that you only gave Omen incomings on 5 or 7 days is simply wrong.

Now, how about you develop this allegation of Omen using flak into something credible (hint: use facts). I'm disinclined to take this seriously unless you start naming names. It's a major allegation that should be taking up a lot of AD's time, so get going.
We didn't leave anyone out from the gal raids. Without one friendly alliance, wich is not 1up.

Sorry , but scans only last like 48 hours. And its over 48 hours since gate got rapped by omen + flak.
And after my intel SPQR( this someone else have confirmed to me to ) was on the same eta's as omen on gate. And he was the only planet in that gal with incs!
So clearly SPQR = flak alliance or support alliance or whatever.

Admins could probably check if dropped omen planets go to SPQR and big SPQR planets go to omen, since they pretty often change out planets.

and again furball, your not playing, you are not into this rounds politics.
That means you dont know whats going this round. So you shouldn't be saying everything your saying.
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:35   #235
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
[08:24] <rain> hello
[08:25] <Grog> hey
[08:25] <rain> i've been told you're in charge of politics in ND^^
[08:26] <Grog> thats right
[08:26] <rain> ok
[08:26] <rain> in or out?
[08:27] <Grog> well i think i'd need to know the proposition first
[08:27] <rain> ND
[08:27] <rain> in or out against 1up
[08:28] <Grog> its not that simple
[08:28] <rain> no
[08:28] <rain> it is that simple
[08:28] <rain> either you attack 1up or dont attack 1up
[08:28] <rain> thats how simple this is
[08:29] <Grog> well atm we'd count as undecided on that
[08:29] <Grog> we aren't avoiding 1up, but we aren't hitting them specifically either
[08:31] <rain> so you're ok with them winning the round without giving them a decent fight
[08:31] <Grog> well atm i can't see how its our fight
[08:31] <rain> likr you did awgainst omen and practicall crippled both ND and omen
[08:32] <rain> it was your fight from the start
[08:32] <Grog> yeah maybe it was
[08:32] <Grog> but there was a point where it stopped being our fight
[08:33] <Grog> then it became yours
[08:33] <rain> ok
[08:33] <rain> have a nice round
[08:33] <rain> or whats left of it
[08:33] <Grog> i will thanks

============

[10:05] <rain> hello
[10:05] <Jonas^Away> lo
[10:05] <rain> whos in charge of politics in insomnia?
[10:05] <Jonas^Away> <--
[10:05] <rain> ok
[10:06] <rain> are you with 1up till end of round?
[10:07] <Jonas^Away> depends
[10:07] <Jonas^Away> why?
[10:07] <rain> let me put it this why
[10:08] <rain> is insomnia willing to hit 1up and 1up only from now on till round ends?
[10:08] <Jonas^Away> nop
[10:08] <Jonas^Away> e
[10:08] <Jonas^Away> u ha dur chance
[10:08] <rain> ok
[10:08] <Jonas^Away> and u spoiled it
[10:08] <rain> thank you

==============

if you want something to be done, do it yourself
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:37   #236
furball

Quote:
and again furball, your not playing, you are not into this rounds politics.
That means you dont know whats going this round. So you shouldn't be saying everything your saying.
There's no pre-requisite that anyone posting must have a planet. I'm on pretty good terms with most HCs involved in this matter, and because of this I probably know more than many people who do have planets. These relations were created when I was an alliance HC with responsibility for politics. As such, I have a lot of experience in dealing with these sorts of situations. I see no reason why I should not comment on events - and perhaps I can view them rather more objectively than you can.
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:42   #237
Spritfire

But still you dont know whats going on. Thats the problem.

You are saying many things about ND wich aint true.

Wich the HC of ND should know way much bether than you, since we have decided these things.
So we can say very clearly that your wrong. But still you keep posting these omen lies
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:45   #238
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

I'm sure Rshih, although he is a nub, will object to you calling him a fake 1upper and he'll be mighty pissed if he finds out he's been kicked from the ingame tag.

If' you're accusing us of farming or using support planets then take it to the multi hunters with your proof and stop being such a cry baby.

I'm perfectly aware of your need to troll and your competition with whomever to get more red dots than max but you could at least do it in a vaguely amusing manner rather than just making yourself look like a tit.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:53   #239
Gate
;D!

Quote:
It was your call to make, Gate. All the time till you left ND HC team. You were the one calling for insomnia's help to screw omen. Not once, but twice. Each time your call.
I have not been on the ND HC team in over 8 months. If I was active and HC, ND would have played this round out very differently.

For example, instead of fagging about doing galaxy raids, I would have continued to smash you when we started off 2 weeks into the round. Regardless of who won, that war would have been effectively over within 2-3 weeks, giving plentiful time to hurt 1up. I believe that ND's mistake was to switch to hitting omen galaxies or to ignore you, thus ensuring that any action undertaken to remove you would be close to the end of the round. However, this is my exam period and I am not HC, so my opinion was not followed.

Quote:
It was because of those 2 joint attacks we didn't trust you and insomnia and we were right all the time not to trust you.
How were you right? Insomnia and ND were committed to hitting 1up provided Omen would join in. As I said during the meeting:

<[ND]GatezZz> keizari, no offence, but it looks like you're planning to lose, and just trying to find some way to blame ND/InS for hitting you instead of 1up.

(like rain, I don't need context for my logs!)

Quote:
When you came last time to us and asked for a block against 1up, you weren't actually targeting 1up. Your goal was to target 1up AND omen. As 1up would have retalled.
You're full of shit rain. Firstly, it was Sjor who approached ND, secondly, we had no intention of targetting omen if you agreed. Anyone with any intellect at all would realise that is insane paranoia.

Quote:
It's childish to think they would retall any other alliance but omen.
Sid lied earlier! Rain is telling the truth! (*ahem*like that time I hit omen with 20 fleets in 48 hours despite only launching 10 fleets, 2 of which were defence in the given time period? lol.)

Quote:
Don't want to turn this into a "it was your fault" topic, although it sounds like it.
You blamed ND and Insomnia for everything, including your own failures and inabilities. As I said, you lost, you're painting omen as a none-contender, yet blame ND and Insomnia for not helping you win. ND will accept its mistakes, learn, and try not to repeat them. If you continue to be so imbecilic, it is almost tragic that Omen will waste such a fantastic skill base. Though the posters you allow on here do make your alliance look like it's full of morons and encourage hatred from other alliances, that is a very unfair picture you are presenting.

Quote:
As a last note, stupidity can't be cured.
It's ok rain, you can learn to live with it, I'm sure.
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:55   #240
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
(in his best Beavis and Butthead voice.....)"Umm, you guys launch ok...heheheheh, umm then we'll like launch 6 hours later and ok umm...oh ya...we don't trust you, so we want you to take the brunt of the heat for us, then we'll come in later and umm kick ass...ya ...hehehehe ya"
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:56   #241
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

moran
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:59   #242
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
(in his best Beavis and Butthead voice.....)"Umm, you guys launch ok...heheheheh, umm then we'll like launch 6 hours later and ok umm...oh ya...we don't trust you, so we want you to take the brunt of the heat for us, then we'll come in later and umm kick ass...ya ...hehehehe ya"
Flak-wise, I was referring to Spiritfire's contention that Omen's flak had been hitting ND all round. So quite why you quoted that....

Besides. ND/Ins/Omen/Angels wouldn't have hit you for just one night.
Unread 25 May 2006, 15:59   #243
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I'm sure Rshih, although he is a nub, will object to you calling him a fake 1upper and he'll be mighty pissed if he finds out he's been kicked from the ingame tag.

If' you're accusing us of farming or using support planets then take it to the multi hunters with your proof and stop being such a cry baby.

I'm perfectly aware of your need to troll and your competition with whomever to get more red dots than max but you could at least do it in a vaguely amusing manner rather than just making yourself look like a tit.
Got a guy in gal now which says he has been donating res to 1up tag entire round, and will now start playing when he has been kicked from tag. and asking for res to do so.

Not saying its cheating..but imo its in the grey area.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 16:00   #244
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

I like angryduck's sig.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 16:03   #245
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Got a guy in gal now which says he has been donating res to 1up tag entire round, and will now start playing when he has been kicked from tag. and asking for res to do so.

Not saying its cheating..but imo its in the grey area.
Asking for resources from who? 1up?

PS xelnaga, please express such sentiments using the wonderful rep system!
Unread 25 May 2006, 16:04   #246
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
For example, instead of fagging about doing galaxy raids, I would have continued to smash you when we started off 2 weeks into the round. Regardless of who won, that war would have been effectively over within 2-3 weeks, giving plentiful time to hurt 1up. I believe that ND's mistake was to switch to hitting omen galaxies or to ignore you, thus ensuring that any action undertaken to remove you would be close to the end of the round. However, this is my exam period and I am not HC, so my opinion was not followed.
I agree. In my view the biggest mistake ND/Insomnia made was stopping hitting Omen way too soon. You were already aware that Omen gain roids fast all the time they're avoiding hitting big alliances - so you needed to get some clear air between them and you/ins. Then you could have forced 1up into the open by hitting our out of tag planets you knew about - and would have had enough of a cushion over Omen to take some hits bringing us back down to size. At the stage when you stopped hitting Omen, 1up HC were giving serious consideration to targetting Insomnia to reduce the damage to Omen. We wanted the war to drag on without a winner: Omen coming out ahead didn't worry us - the prospect of nd/insomnia winning it did.

The single biggest mistake Omen made was napping Angels. The second thought through my mind when i heard about it was along the lines of "Great: that'll make winning much easier".
Unread 25 May 2006, 16:06   #247
JonnyBGood
Banned

What was the first thought?
Unread 25 May 2006, 16:07   #248
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
What was the first thought?
"Typical Angels move."
Unread 25 May 2006, 16:11   #249
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Asking for resources from who? 1up?

PS xelnaga, please express such sentiments using the wonderful rep system!
If you referred to my post being off-topic: it's SO not off-topic.

If you referred to what it was intended to say: I don't think they can get any more red.

Maybe they even TRY to achieve the lowest rep ever. So that if they neg rep someone, he actually GAINS points.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr

Last edited by XelNaga; 25 May 2006 at 16:17.
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 16:13   #250
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
If you referred to my post being off-topic: it's SO not off-topic.

If you referred to what it was intended to say: I don't think they can get any more red. Maye they even TRY to achieve the lowest rep ever.
If it's not off-topic then it's a one line insult my man. (If you want to discuss this more can you pm me so as not to drag this thread off on a tangent.)