User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 May 2006, 07:36   #101
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: f-crew FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Wow. If only I can convince Wakey of this.... Glad someone else thinks it appart from me
I thought it was sarcasm. can whoever gave me that "WRONG" neg rep please step forward so I can negrep back, pls pls

If not you are hereby a pussy
Unread 8 May 2006, 08:55   #102
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
like the one you currently reside in idlerboi?
Oi no, we're not real ... we're just nubs

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 10:23   #103
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Wow. If only I can convince Wakey of this.... Glad someone else thinks it appart from me
I've never said we arent a real alliance, infact at NO POINT in F-Crews history have I considered us not to be a real alliance. The only people whom do are people whom are the small minded people whom cant get their head around the fact that Training Alliance isnt a code word for calling someone a failure. A Training alliance is a real alliance which is willing to take a risk on untried people, its not a declaration of the quality of that alliance rather the recruitment policy and their ideals. Its like the way that "Elite" or "real" alliance doesnt mean successful, HR for example would never have pretty much been in a position to be considered failing in the few rounds before this one. However they werent anything but an elite alliance even when they were 'failing' because thats how they operated, they recruited in an elite manner (only people of a certain level) and they played in a manner and with an attitude of an elite alliance.

To put things simply Elite alliances dont become Training alliances when they fail, and Training alliances dont become elite alliances when they do well. The change requires more than, it requires a whole shift in direction much like we have seen at ROCK over the last couple of rounds. However any alliance with the slighest competance is a REAL alliance no matter what ideaology they follow
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 10:59   #104
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I've never said we arent a real alliance, infact at NO POINT in F-Crews history have I considered us not to be a real alliance. The only people whom do are people whom are the small minded people whom cant get their head around the fact that Training Alliance isnt a code word for calling someone a failure.
I don't think there are many persons on this board that considers "Training alliance" as a "failure" or as an alliance that isn't good enough to be considered "elite".
Ofcourse there will be pple that look down on non "elite" alliances but basicly that's their problem and not something you should be worrying nor caring about.

I agree that training "new" members brings along extra risks and extra work, which you probably can avoid if you only recruit pple that know the game well enough.
But there are risks that "elite" alliances take, which you probably don't have to take (such as political decisions). For instance, so far in the last few rounds, F-Crew has not come into the position that the top ranked alliances see the need to gank on you (like with Omen) because they consider you a huge threat. Ofcourse for your sake, I hope that changes in the future because that'd mean you kept improving

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 May 2006, 14:11   #105
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I don't think there are many persons on this board that considers "Training alliance" as a "failure" or as an alliance that isn't good enough to be considered "elite".
Ofcourse there will be pple that look down on non "elite" alliances but basicly that's their problem and not something you should be worrying nor caring about.
It happens more on IRC than forums but you do get alot of snide remarks about 'Training' Alliances and how they arent real alliance and such like. And the issue I have with it is more it sends a bad message to players in these alliances.

If we look at F-Crew for example, most of the other alliances in this game are full of players whom at one time have been F-Crew members but so many of them seem embarised to even admit they ever were. Its a stigma that other alliances often play on as well to steal players we would like to keep to help as part of the core which we recruit around. They get told things like "Your better than them, you deserve a real alliance" and such like.

And as we see here we even have valued members of the command feeling a need to hide what we do somewhat (Cm wants me to start refering to us as something like "A real alliance with elite core that trains new and inexperiance players" which is kind of ironic as thats basically just saying Training Alliance but in more words and hes always telling me to reduce the amount I type in posts )

Training alliances dont deserve such stigma and I was hoping that our performance over the last 4 rounds would help dispell it, and while it has a bit theres still no end of people willing to make snide remarks and insults about us not being a real alliance or treating us like a feeder alliance. It would be good if we had a situation where players were proud of being members of Training alliances at some point and werent looking to join and jump ships 2 months in when the other alliances see their progress. After all you can get something out of these alliances and theres no need to feel you have to move on after a few months or a round but can stay and help have fun and help build something better and more successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I agree that training "new" members brings along extra risks and extra work, which you probably can avoid if you only recruit pple that know the game well enough.
But there are risks that "elite" alliances take, which you probably don't have to take (such as political decisions). For instance, so far in the last few rounds, F-Crew has not come into the position that the top ranked alliances see the need to gank on you (like with Omen) because they consider you a huge threat. Ofcourse for your sake, I hope that changes in the future because that'd mean you kept improving
As I often say on threads where people raise the size issue with claims about how "having more members means more defence so its easier for them" theres always pro and cons and ultimatly it leaves us in a situation where things like playing style, membership numbers ect ect dont make it easier or harder for any alliance they just make things different for each one.

For example If you have more members then yes you have more possible defence and attack fleets as an advantage but that brings the disadvantage of having more incoming and probally lower quality members or as you stated if you play under the training idealology then its more hard work from a membership pov but easier from a political pov.

And it seems to work well in the game as we have alot of differnt playing and political styles all with their own pros and cons and the rankings show who used their advantages and overcame their problems best
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 8 May 2006, 15:37   #106
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough

Yawn
Unread 8 May 2006, 15:37   #107
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
If we look at F-Crew for example, most of the other alliances in this game are full of players whom at one time have been F-Crew members but so many of them seem embarised to even admit they ever were. Its a stigma that other alliances often play on as well to steal players we would like to keep to help as part of the core which we recruit around. They get told things like "Your better than them, you deserve a real alliance" and such like.
Well, F-Crew trained quite bunch of players over the last years, so it's only natural that you'll find them well spread out over the playingfield, in all types of alliances.

I know I recruited 1 F-Crew member in Angels during the round (so not pre-round) and if I'd feel embarrassed for having an F-Crew member in my alliance, or feel embarrassed for admitting it, then I wouldn't have recruited him and I wouldn't write this either.

I'm quite happy with his performance and I'd not value him any lower then the prefered standard we wish to uphold in Angels.

Though, in all honnesty I never spoke bad about F-Crew to him, nor did we approach him. Nor did he mention anything bad about you guys either, so ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 May 2006, 23:42   #108
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

what a load of crap in this thread. It was hard to keep on reading and not lose interest

Imho it is very simple:

F-Crew is an alliance like any other and should be attacked like any other if any alliances wishes to do so. I will never ever feel guilty for attacking them, and if they choose to 15-wave me, then i will not be more or less pissed then when any other alliance would do this.

And for the records: []LCH[] and some other alliances always accepted newbies to the game, that not an F-Crew monopoly; they just have more.

(Oh btw, i got 6 waves this round with 2-3 planets per wave, and it was fcrew plus some friends, or friend plus some fcrew. And no wakey, i can't give you details, because i didnt care enough to write down the coords of the planets who got to share 4 roids in the 6th wave )
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 23:56   #109
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
(Oh btw, i got 6 waves this round with 2-3 planets per wave, and it was fcrew plus some friends, or friend plus some fcrew. And no wakey, i can't give you details, because i didnt care enough to write down the coords of the planets who got to share 4 roids in the 6th wave )
I dont need the co-ords as your "F-Crew and Friends" comment tells me everything I need to know. We know we have been piggied on a number of occasions when some alliance has decided to book the same galaxy for their attack as us. We attack alone so its just bad luck for us and our target when double booking happens and nothing more sinister
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 8 May 2006, 23:58   #110
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

or you piggied them
Unread 9 May 2006, 00:02   #111
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
or you piggied them
Normally we land our first wave with them landing theirs from our wave 2 (or if we have them wave 3) so we were there first so those evil piggies have piggied us
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 9 May 2006, 14:58   #112
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I dont need the co-ords as your "F-Crew and Friends" comment tells me everything I need to know. We know we have been piggied on a number of occasions when some alliance has decided to book the same galaxy for their attack as us. We attack alone so its just bad luck for us and our target when double booking happens and nothing more sinister

And if thats the case then why don't you tell your members in the 6th wave to pull since its no use to waste so much time for 4 roids that have to be shared by 3 attackers.

Just a tip.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2006, 17:33   #113
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Attentionseekingknowitall
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:48   #114
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Attentionseekingknowitall
You are so funny
Really
I can't stop laughing

Seems you are the attention seeker by not posting something usefull, just baiting.
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:50   #115
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
You are probably right. It was just funny to see those planets land for those 4 roids. What a waste of time and resources
Unread 14 May 2006, 22:35   #116
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, been away from the forums for a while, thought i'd come back for a bit, much to everyones displeasure :P. I work as one of the 2 senior BC's in F-crew. Here's some things you need to know are fact,..
1) We don't choose targets because others have, we choose them because they're good targets. Sometimes we land with other alliances, these are times when they have decided their good targets to! amazing that isn't it!
2) If we see/find out about, our members bashing, then we put a stop to it. Members hitting bad targets is as bad for us as it is for the planets they hit,.. i want us to be up there in the top 5 and having you lot question our "training alliance" tag even more! And members choosing to hit much smaller planets with no roids, dosn't help us achieve that, so please, help us to,.. help us :P
3) We get incomming the same as other alliances, we're not under some special protection, where we all sleep all night and day, wake up to prelaunch our attacks 11 ticks in advance, then sleep again,.... cept on thursdays,

That'll do for now,..
here cometh the flame :P
Unread 15 May 2006, 00:29   #117
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Wow you signature is actually longer that the NEWS your are posting!

Well news, who said something about f-crews targeting anyways to start of this reply?
Unread 15 May 2006, 01:15   #118
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg
And your is the same lenght of your post
Unread 15 May 2006, 01:52   #119
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Well news, who said something about f-crews targeting anyways to start of this reply?
#

isnt there a 10 line rule for sigs?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 10:31   #120
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
If that'd be the case with Wakey then we'd have a serious problem

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 May 2006, 13:13   #121
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons
I'd just like to extend a giant finger to wakey and his BS on getting people to play (and stay playing) this game. Its all BS and those brackets around f-crew should be canned.

FO wakey!! You are a dick!!
still makes me lol