User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Mar 2006, 15:32   #151
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: value, xp, admins, fleets, winner, hate, agony, flaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
It’s more like convicting someone for murder who you strongly suspect will commit the crime later on.
Aha but then what Pateam would do is go back and reverse it all like this.

Quote:
You do understand the difference between 100% and 20% right?
Yes, it's a difference of scale. This does nothing to detract from the point that you can do the exact same thing by suiciding on a terran or xan (less so a cath though!)

Quote:
And isnt it about time we stop calling people retarded, stupid and demented etc. At least come up with some new insults for crying out loud!
I called your campaign retarded, not you. This is because the campaign is built on a flawed premise, namely that the removal of ziks removes the ability to donate your fleet. (Obviously with salvage you're not donating your actual fleet, rather the resources that make it up).

PS If you double post please click edit and then delete. I have no idea what's up with the forums at the minute and can't get on IRC to find out.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 16:14   #152
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
We got admins punishing people for defending their friends, we got admins punishing people for "fleetdonations" (without proof ofc) and we got PA trying to say its a fair and unbiased game.
the proof is on this forum - intending to give another player score simply to prove a point about XP and zikonans. If you don't like a tactic, complain on the forums or attack those responsible for what or who you don't like, don't try and corrupt the result of the game.

It's that simple.

And most importantly to everyone concerned, when you're posting on PD: don't insult people or call them morons just for the sake of it. I may not be mod here but some of the comments on here are beyond shit.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 16:37   #153
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
rain I ve never played with in PA either.
Erm what about hydra?
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 16:40   #154
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

i agree with the decision; btw, don't complain rain, kila (who is a friend of yours iirc) donated u FI/CO worth ~750k value some days before the round ended. that's prolly more than most of the other Ziks capped (legally) in the entire round. if u can give me a valid reason why he did it on you and not on any other Zik in the top ranks i will gladly reconsider what i think about you.

did u really think u would get through with farming to the top?

u already had an insane amount of stolen ships in r13 and now u have it in this round again. either u are extremely lucky and always get morons suiciding on you / against your def / keeping their ships home when u attack them or u are a cheating scum. u know what i think about you, everyone else is encouraged to develop his own opinion on you.

shipfarming is harder to detect than roidfarming and gives someone a bigger advantage. if i remember right everytime u got a top rank u played Zik.

not related to PA, but shows a bit about your character: u asked in #hattrick if there was a bot who could do the daytrading; another guy and i told u that this is cheating and u should just forget about it. instead of saying: oh right, sorry then u asked again if such a bot existed and at the same time pretended u wouldn't use it.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 17:04   #155
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
No but say attacking him and splitting your fleet up for max ship cap, one of the fleets not even having pods and being totaly stolen. That would probebly constatute a donation. Woudnt you think?
I totally agree fleets like that constitute as being a donation, everybody probably does. They should be closed for cheating.

How many of the fleets that you pulled had pods and looked like reasonable fleets? (Maybe none did, I don't know, I wouldn't be asking if I did) But is it fair to pull every fleet, with some people maybe after a late boost of xp, or some people just wanting to lemming to get roids of the biggest value planet. Yeah geniune fleets would benefit rain, but maybe they could possibly benefit that planet too (or the player, if just for the 'yay I roided the top value player' fun)?

My point is, recalling all fleets seemed a bit much. Recall the overly suspicious fleets (like those with no pods) and delete their accounts?
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 17:34   #156
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
IJBG got #1 by attacking, highfive for Jonny!
no he got #1 cos of admin's actions and that cant be fun to live with for him, kinda makes it a hollow victory
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 18:29   #157
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
no he got #1 cos of admin's actions and that cant be fun to live with for him, kinda makes it a hollow victory
When I was calcing it (I say I was, it wasn't me at all) before the admins pulled the fleets it appeared that rain would gain around 2.1 million all told from the suicides which actually still left me about 80k ahead (I think squishy and the other admins thought he was going to win because they didn't check how much value I had in production). Of course he had 750k value removed off him earlier (kila's suicide?) so with that and the others yeah he would have won. But as the saying goes "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts..."

PS I managed to fix this thread \o/
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 18:30   #158
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Erm what about hydra?
r13 I didnt play active at all. But yeah, I forgot about that round.

logging in once a week is hardly playing though ( I was cath )

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 18:30   #159
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Erm what about hydra?
r13 I didnt play active at all. But yeah, I forgot about that round.

logging in once a week is hardly playing though ( I was cath )

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 18:31   #160
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113
I totally agree fleets like that constitute as being a donation, everybody probably does. They should be closed for cheating.

How many of the fleets that you pulled had pods and looked like reasonable fleets? (Maybe none did, I don't know, I wouldn't be asking if I did) But is it fair to pull every fleet, with some people maybe after a late boost of xp, or some people just wanting to lemming to get roids of the biggest value planet. Yeah geniune fleets would benefit rain, but maybe they could possibly benefit that planet too (or the player, if just for the 'yay I roided the top value player' fun)?

My point is, recalling all fleets seemed a bit much. Recall the overly suspicious fleets (like those with no pods) and delete their accounts?
The problem is that it's impractical to go through every fleet and decide whether it's realistic for that fleet to land or not. It'd be great in theory but it just can't be done in practice.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 18:33   #161
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Right on all counts.

PS. You made a leaving thread.
oh did I?

thank u captain obvious

Quote:
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 18:40   #162
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

lol.forum nerds ftw!dont stop.gimme teh neg rep.
we have a contest going on 'who can gather more negrep than maxine gets....well...maxine'

sidenote: nothing personal against any of u.its just that insulting is more fun than getting along.+some of u actually are trolls by nature, not choice :P
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 18:46   #163
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Let's try education:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [hydra]rain
bwtmc and all those ppl who went whining daily at admins for the strict purpose TO GET MY PLANET CLOSED
I suggested that Kila should be closed not you. Why? Not because he suicided the bulk of his fleet at the no.2 value player at the time (even though he claimed he found his target by searching for the highest value one). But because he then sent the remainder of his fleet on an even more unworkable suicide, and then after stealing a bit back from you in these Zik vs Zik battles he actually sent a third even more unworkable 'donation' fleet to 9:2:9 (He also worships you).

Explain to me what that third fleet was trying to do, other than donate to you.

As I said, it's not your fault, he was the offender who chose to repeatedly donate his ships to you. You were an interested party, that doesn't make you responsible. I remember saying to your/my mate Artanys that it wasn't your fault that cheaters victimised your planet, we both agreed that planets with interactions like Kila's should be closed.

Quote:
Why weren't pulled those 50+ fleets in 15 waves who took nearly 5k roids from me 2 days before this incident?
Many of those attackers were of a similar value to you. They were going for XP and they were going for you because you had an inflated roidcount for the 'difficulty' of roiding your planet (Consider NAPs etc.). They objectively went for score and they objectively got it. One of them got 1.4million score from it on Tuesday iirc. At 7million + value you don't have very many targets, it's absolutely justifiable why they attacked.

If you're interested, we went for you and your galaxy because you had the most roids and actually out-napped the great guy on the forums who went around asking all the alliances for them last round.

That's how the game works. If you NAP half the universe, expect the other half to like you a little less.

Quote:
Can you say for sure, 100% which one or if one of those 50 fleets on one side and 15 fleets on other side were donation fleets? How can you tell which one is a donation and which one isn't? It was a long round, which one of those hundreds of fleets was donation and which one wasn't? Stop acusing me or anyone else of cheating, donation, or whatever.
Luckily, admins have a long history to look back through.

It's not about throwing around accusations, it's about the right people getting closed because they abused in-game features to gain someone else an unjust result. Your second place is a testament to your strategy this round, your first place would've been worthless because people like Treveler/Kila/whoever else handed you it to prove a point.

As for your dislike for the forums. I suggest you look back at the last post I remember you making (the eXilition are cheat0rs they beat me post) and consider that actually you dislike the forums because self-interested whiners are a pain to listen to.

Quote:
well i think you attacked rain to swap ships for roids and xp so whats the diffrents here?
I never attacked rain. If you're talking about my battlegroup, we didn't attack 'to' trade ships for roids and xp. We attacked to get roids and xp while losing no ships. That doesn't always go perfectly to plan, but I'm sure rain will agree for an attack organised late-evening on a group of very high distorter players it went rather well.

Quote:
Well my main motivation was to show how stupid it is to have steal ships in a game were balanced stats means everything but thats another story!
Quote:
I was having fun looking at the BRs and I did not try to assist 9:2:9. I tried, as stated in the post you quoted, to show how stupid it is with steal ships in a game like this.

Do you want me to repeat myself one more time?
No, I want you to stop repeating yourself and to understand what you're actually saying. You were trying to prove a point, that the Zikonian steal race makes the four races inherently impossible to balance (or get anywhere close).

You're also saying that to accomplish this, you attempted to donate your ships to the highest-profile Zikonian of the time. That's an objective reason, sure. It's not within the rules, though.

So your reason for assisting 9:2:9 wasn't that you think rain's fantastic, but because you wanted 9:2:9 to steal all your ships because it's controversial. (In fact it looks like you've rather ruined his elaborate plans to win).

It should dawn on you (eventually), that it's only through people attacking without reasonable motive (without attacking sense) that stealers leave the game in real imbalance. The game-makers cannot make and continually evolve Planetarion to be fun if individuals are going out of their way to abuse in-game features to prove (the otherwise dormant point) that they can be abused.

Quote:
And isnt it about time we stop calling people retarded, stupid and demented etc? At least come up with some new insults for crying out loud!
It was a description not an insult.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 19:02   #164
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
its what its for.
yes, they should be closed - given time to appeal - etc. Standard procedure. Its not like im suggesting their planets should get erased immediately now am i?
Closure is there to give them time to prove their innocence ( if they are, which is doubtful )
incidently, if they "planned to give the ships" then thats pretty much admitting their guilt now isnt it? - Ship donating

they should be closed for ( quite blatantly ) ship donating, they would need to show that they were infact not donating ships to rain for them to get reopened.
since, its quite clear that they were - they should remain closed , imo.
might already be mentioned/no point anymore (etc as i didnt read all) but think of following:
You want me to fake attack a guy to keep his ships at base, then see it doesnt work and also see that he doesnt get def (so i could have landed with 0 looses) and then see I Could have gotten sone cheap roids if there wasnt some EULA stating i have to use fake attack if i am not 100% willing to land?

some other thing you should think of:
who says they just failed to launch proberbly (they all planned to launch at same tick) (which happens). so they get closed for not being able to launch correct. Is That fair?

and also the suiciders might have had some benefit (which cant be see by many tho):
Before you laugh this has happend in my alliance in r15
We had a guy in us who just annoyed all of us, but that was ok. then for some ticks it seemed to be that he created a war between us and another alliance. for this action we booted him, and wanted to attack him. he had a low value however so we simply couldnt due to the bash-limit. so some that really hated him went out to suicide their fleet just to be able to hit him. (we recalled when we found out he hadnt done anything tho).
Now i ask you: Where does this suiciding work most easiest? at the #1 in value. (you dont even have to scan if there are enough ships to kill your fleet)

Next benefit they could have is to get their value down - that someone they annoyed on irc cant hit them back.

Im sure there can be thought of more events were you want your value to get down.

SO first if you can make sure these cases arent coved you can call it a ship-donation imo.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 19:18   #165
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

"Luckily, admins have a long history to look back through."

well for the numerous times you reported various enemies i take it you got a copy of it by now and if you look up your own crew in those logs you might find stuff that isnt that glamorus to you as you somehow feel an urge to write long defensive post here
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 19:22   #166
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what you just said.

Also, that's conversation robban. I wasn't defending myself, I was trying to help some others better understand the last week's events, as I'm sure they'll try to help me better understand it too.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 19:28   #167
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Plus JBGs speech was actually good.

Rain's speech was like sitting through a neverending episode of The Archers.

For that, it's good JBG won.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 19:52   #168
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Plus JBGs speech was actually good.

Rain's speech was like sitting through a neverending episode of The Archers.

For that, it's good JBG won.
i guess you would type fluidy in romanian rite?^^
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 19:58   #169
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I wrote my speech as gaeilge and ran it through a secret translator
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 20:38   #170
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
why would I want to type in romanian

I don't play Romanian internet games for the reason that I don't speak Romanian very well (or, indeed, at all).
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 20:39   #171
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

you know very well that PA is not about being articulate.you have your forums to proove ur knowledge of the english language, to amaze and impress.and obviouly you are truely taking advantage of the liberty of expression it gives you. (omg at # of posts some of u guyz have )
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 20:47   #172
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
you know very well that PA is not about being articulate.
No, but life is!
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 20:56   #173
voodoo
a pain

who mentioned anything about life?i was under the impression that we were talking about PA, and rain's lack of wit/humour in his speech.
jbg, i know trolling is infectious, but id expect u to have developed some sort of imunity by now
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 20:58   #174
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'm just being witty and humourous, don't hate the player, hate the game
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 21:09   #175
robban1

the game is ok, some of the players and their private connections with the admins isnt. go figure why stuff happens
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 21:26   #176
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
the game is ok, some of the players and their private connections with the admins isnt. go figure why stuff happens
In case you didn't know I was also pateam once. Just to y'know "add" to your moronic conspiracy.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 21:50   #177
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Aha but then what Pateam would do is go back and reverse it all like this.
Yes but that didnt really work now did it? Not yet anyway

Quote:
Yes, it's a difference of scale. This does nothing to detract from the point that you can do the exact same thing by suiciding on a terran or xan (less so a cath though!)

I called your campaign retarded, not you. This is because the campaign is built on a flawed premise, namely that the removal of ziks removes the ability to donate your fleet. (Obviously with salvage you're not donating your actual fleet, rather the resources that make it up).
I’m pretty sure donation through salvage would be next to none existent. It pays a lot less then normal shipdonation (if the gain from cheating is less, there will be less cheating) and its a lot more risky/difficult. (You have to use specific fleet combos to avoid hitting whatever ship hits you, or use emp as def)

The donation through salvage will be a lot more obvious, as that seems to be the scale we rate this from, then Zik ships donation.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:02   #178
robban1

Quote:
In case you didn't know I was also pateam once. Just to y'know "add" to your moronic conspiracy.
you're not leet enough to be involved in a conspiracy so np, and all know pa team are the gayteam who thinks they do some good to the game for candy
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:03   #179
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Yes but that didnt really work now did it? Not yet anyway
Your eyes are wide shut

Quote:
I’m pretty sure donation through salvage would be next to none existent. It pays a lot less then normal shipdonation (if the gain from cheating is less, there will be less cheating) and its a lot more risky/difficult. (You have to use specific fleet combos to avoid hitting whatever ship hits you, or use emp as def)

The donation through salvage will be a lot more obvious, as that seems to be the scale we rate this from, then Zik ships donation.
At the end of the round a lot of those fleets which were recalled were going to be frozen and then stolen, this is not much different to being destroyed before they/when they're incapable of doing more damage than they're going to prove of benefit of to the planet they're landing on.

I'm not too sure how you can be pretty sure if you remember what happened at the start of r4 with salvage!
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:04   #180
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
you're not leet enough to be involved in a conspiracy so np, and all know pa team are the gayteam who thinks they do some good to the game for candy
Finished higher than you ever did!
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:05   #181
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

So was it ok that rain was being donated to the top? Ill write a award winning screenplay featuring buttocks if you ever answer this question.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:09   #182
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

ah well, its nice that robban1 and co are showing their true colours publically (again).
Little more then pathetic trolls, lacking any semblance of a moral centre or even a vague sense of intelligence.
get off my internet ta
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:16   #183
robban1

Quote:
So was it ok that rain was being donated to the top? Ill write a award winning screenplay featuring buttocks if you ever answer this question.
you play with the cards you get, the donation issue is your opinion just as mine is that the xp whores got "friendly" xp now and then

and phil didnt post anything usefull to the matter more calling me a stupid troll as usual
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:22   #184
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
you play with the cards you get, the donation issue is your opinion just as mine is that the xp whores got "friendly" xp now and then

and phil didnt post anything usefull to the matter more calling me a stupid troll as usual

friendly xp from hostile alliances?

Why would even a higher ranked value planet give away roids?

Radio: calling everyone to make-sense laboratory

robban1: Gabba Dabba Bagga dagga doo do dagga
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:23   #185
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
At the end of the round a lot of those fleets which were recalled were going to be frozen and then stolen, this is not much different to being destroyed before they/when they're incapable of doing more damage than they're going to prove of benefit of to the planet they're landing on.
Yes but that is another zik related "problem" as he could probably emp those fleets himself. No extra effort needed with sorting def. On another note; do you still think it is okey do bash your fleet at a big valued zik midround if you want to change to a xp strategy? That sounds like cheaters heaven for me, but that would basically be the same as what ter xp-whores have been doing the entire round.

Quote:
I'm not too sure how you can be pretty sure if you remember what happened at the start of r4 with salvage!
You talking about the mid-round change? And if I remember correctly the salvage was a lot higher (around 40% for defence?). It was so high it was worth the risk.

The trick is to make cheating to risky to, ehh, risk it...

Last edited by Treveler; 27 Mar 2006 at 22:32.
Treveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:26   #186
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
This assertion is about as well backed-up as insisting that I rape children. Do you want to pm me just one of the countless examples of landings for friendly xp I supposedly have?
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:32   #187
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Yes but that is another zik related "problem" as he could probably emp those fleets himself. No extra effort needed with sorting def. On another note; do you still think it is okey do bash your fleet at a big valued zik midround if you want to change to a xp strategy? That sounds like cheaters heaven for me, but that would basically be the same as what ter xp-whores have been doing the entire round.
Personally I'd expect someone who wanted to crash their fleet and lose value to actually do something with it before they lose it all, instead of having it emped and stolen. That said, yes it is a very marginal situation but so many decisions over "did he cheat or didn't he" turn on those sorts of marginal questions. Things like did he know the guy, were their alliances blocked and other examples of association would count against it just being someone suiciding so they could play for xp.

Quote:
You talking about the mid-round change? And if I remember correctly the salvage was a lot higher (around 40% for defence?). It was so high it was worth the risk.

the trick is to make cheating to risky so ppl wount take the, ehh, risk...
You seem to be shifting your argument a fair bit. How would your "excuse" (ie I wanted to see a funny battle report or something like we were going on a lemming run) not still be valid if the gain was just off salvage?
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:45   #188
Treveler

Quote:
Personally I'd expect someone who wanted to crash their fleet and lose value to actually do something with it before they lose it all, instead of having it emped and stolen.
You wouldnt lose it all as you would at least keep the fleet you wanted xp-whore with (the excuse).

And he would of course attack a zik as that would also gain him a lot of roids with max xp like I did.

Quote:
You seem to be shifting your argument a fair bit. How would your "excuse" (ie I wanted to see a funny battle report or something like we were going on a lemming run) not still be valid if the gain was just off salvage?
It would still be cheating and it would still be wrong, but donation from salvage is slightly different and much less profitable and that does of course require other arguments. Fleet donations through salvage has been going on since round 1 but it has only been a rank effecting problem in r4 when the salvage was way to high.
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 00:07   #189
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
When I was calcing it (I say I was, it wasn't me at all) before the admins pulled the fleets it appeared that rain would gain around 2.1 million all told from the suicides which actually still left me about 80k ahead (I think squishy and the other admins thought he was going to win because they didn't check how much value I had in production). Of course he had 750k value removed off him earlier (kila's suicide?) so with that and the others yeah he would have won. But as the saying goes "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts..."
Kila's ridiculous suicides were never removed (as far as i'm aware), certainly not by that point. That must have been Treveler/Max/someone else.
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 00:22   #190
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
You wouldnt lose it all as you would at least keep the fleet you wanted xp-whore with (the excuse).

And he would of course attack a zik as that would also gain him a lot of roids with max xp like I did.

so thats why you hit with 2 fleets, making sure that for example arrows and broads/peaces didnt land to kill his stealing ships. The second fleet had no pods too didnt it?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 00:33   #191
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The problem is that it's impractical to go through every fleet and decide whether it's realistic for that fleet to land or not. It'd be great in theory but it just can't be done in practice.
I did at leaste all the ones landing the last day. Rain was being donated to number 1 and people would have been closed for it. Oddly enough some of the people posting rather strongly in rains favor.

Suiciding into a top player has always been about how badly you could hurt them. Thats the way it always was when i played. Not fleets tailored to exact capping of attackers ships for minimum losses on the defenders side.

Did rain play a good round. Damn right he did. And all the people claiming hes cheating scum have no right. As from a MH point of view there is no evidence to support that. However a small minority of people decided that skill and dedication ment nothing. And they would dictate who would win the round, by breaching the rules. This was stopped by the admins (why are we here again?)
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 00:46   #192
Treveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
so thats why you hit with 2 fleets, making sure that for example arrows and broads/peaces didnt land to kill his stealing ships. The second fleet had no pods too didnt it?
I didnt hit him for xp and either is the guy in my example. If you want to get involved in the discussion please read it all so you avoid ending up 13.7 billion lightyears from the point.

Last edited by Treveler; 28 Mar 2006 at 01:49.
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 09:18   #193
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Well this is a case where whether it's actually all of it or a vast majority of it is rather irrelevant. The point is that you might as well do something with it.

Quote:
Or he could just put it in any situation where it's going to cause a lot of damage.

Quote:
It would still be cheating and it would still be wrong, but donation from salvage is slightly different and much less profitable and that does of course require other arguments. Fleet donations through salvage has been going on since round 1 but it has only been a rank effecting problem in r4 when the salvage was way to high.
What are you talking about? Salvage was only introduced in r4. There were fleet donations in r2 through thieves and pirates and I think that qualifies as a rank effecting problem though (videer!)
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 10:31   #194
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
. There were fleet donations in r2 through thieves and pirates and I think that qualifies as a rank effecting problem though (videer!)

Donations in r2 were socially accepted back then.

I actually managed to donate myself out of top10 as I swallowed over to much with no fleetslots free.
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 10:54   #195
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Donations in r2 were socially accepted back then.

I actually managed to donate myself out of top10 as I swallowed over to much with no fleetslots free.
I know. I was just pointing out that it did affect rankings. In fact most rankings in every round were affected by something frowned on nowadays. Round 2 you had ship farming, r3 you had donation wars, r4 you had ingal farming, r5 you had donation wars again, r6 you had pyramid farming.
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 11:14   #196
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:

Cunning explanation. Donate to the top guy to prove the point that Zik stealers can be influential on the ranks, then switch to XP whoring with a couple days to go for apparently no reason. What are you talking about!? Why would anyone waste their time dropping their value for the purpose of XP whoring score, not leaving themselves enough time to get it back in score again.
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 11:28   #197
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Bring back subversion, I think that would balance races better.
Zik are always going be high valued as long as stealing is around. And as long as a race can get roids from ziks for relative low losses, XP whoring is always going to be a problem.
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 12:15   #198
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Cunning explanation. Donate to the top guy to prove the point that Zik stealers can be influential on the ranks, then switch to XP whoring with a couple days to go for apparently no reason. What are you talking about!? Why would anyone waste their time dropping their value for the purpose of XP whoring score, not leaving themselves enough time to get it back in score again.
for fun maybe? you guys had your fun the exploring a feuture of the game then going for xp.
to fix that "bug" we will end up with some odd new stats and fomulas that are sucky to the gameplay

so you guy hurt the game bad and all you think of is that the dynamics of the big zik in a xpwhore infested uni dont have many real targets around anymore
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 12:42   #199
Treveler

Quote:
Well this is a case where whether it's actually all of it or a vast majority of it is rather irrelevant. The point is that you might as well do something with it.
What exactly do you mean by doing something with it? You lose it and drop value so that you can more easily gain xp.

I didn’t start to play this game hardcore until round 7, so I’m not qualified to discuss anything that happen before that, but I don’t see what previous donation rounds should have to do with anything. If it’s beneficial to exploit a feature it will be exploited and that feature needs to be adjusted. If we continue with ziks as it is now ppl will continue to exploit with ship donations. I don’t think it would be a problem with donation through salvage because the benefit is to small, but if it turns out to be, we can lower the salvage a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
In the name of all that is good and decent in this world, please, please, PLEASE, read through what is written so you actually understand what we talk about. We were talking about a hypothetical situation were you bash your fleet MID-round with the excuse that you want to change to an xp-whore strategy. Or to put it simpler, would it be okay to bash your fleet at a zik mid-round if you want to change to xp-whoring?

Last edited by Treveler; 28 Mar 2006 at 12:59.
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 13:04   #200
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
What exactly do you mean by doing something with it? You lose it and drop value so that you can more easily gain xp.
As, I think, I mentioned before you'd then have to rely on the judgement of the multihunters, what was his motivation, did he know the guy, was he allied to him et cetera et cetera.

Quote:
I didn’t start to play this game hardcore until round 7, so I’m not qualified to discuss anything that happen before that, but I don’t see what previous donation rounds should have to do with anything. If it’s beneficial to exploit a feature it will be exploited and that feature needs to be adjusted. If we continue with ziks as it is now ppl will continue to exploit with ship donations. I don’t think it would be a problem with donation through salvage because the benefit is to small, but if it turns out to be, we can lower the salvage a bit more.
The thing was, your objection seemed to be an objection to the whole levelling of cheating accusations per se. If we acknowledge the validity of your objection it can equally then be applied to a scenario where player x has players a through y suiciding on him around the clock for salvage. If we don't acknowledge the validity of your objection we can retain ziks and leave the cases of "cheating" to the multihunters.