User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:18   #101
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Some facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Maybe, but its hard to say for sure. Its exstreamly hard to defend this round and another point is that up to a certain point the more that xp-whore the more effective it is as there is more attack fleets flying and less chance to see def.
Exactamundo.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:29   #102
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

I kinda feel that the MODS of this forum are doing something they shouldn't

Your integrity are not 100% anymore.

You take a to big side in Ascendancy's posting.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:30   #103
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire

Posting!=moderating. I'm sure if you have a complaint you can ask JJ. I doubt he remembers what planetarion is anymore!
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:43   #104
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

It's not their fault if they manage to outsmart 90% of the regularly whiny AD kids (which nowadays try to occupy the realms of PD, too).
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:55   #105
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Obviously you dont remember the old days? I were the admin
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:55   #106
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

That's why I put that quote there Traveler. I honestly don't think the stats have played a part in the shift, they have enabled Xp-whores to be effective, but so did the stats last round and the round before, and the round before that..

Politics:

With the top alliance at war for most of the round, no one group (one alliance / block / friendly alliances) has dominated to the extent where they've managed to collectively hold a lot of roids for a long time. As such Value hasn't ran away with the individual planet rankings.

More players playing more individually:

Straight away, with any such movement you suddenly get a lot more attacking fleets and a lot less defensive fleets. If fifty people decide to play more aggressively for a round, they'll finish relatively higher if another fifty do the same (eventually that effect diminishes and is then reversed). Several key alliances have allowed players to play on a more individual (generally three fleet attacking level), names like Ascendancy, reinVENted, Daous Dava? (Speculation), DLR, Angels, even 1up late in the game (I gather, at least some individuals), some SubH members, etc.

That's a major shift in attacking vs defensive fleet numbers. With more attacking fleets the movement of roids between planets (and thus the effects of XP on the rankings) is much more prevalent.

The Score calculation system:

Assuming the above doesn't allow planets to sit on ~4000+ roids for much of the round it's more than possible with the current system to finish at the top playing with a purposeful low value. That's where the problem lies. By nature effective planets cannot cover for every class of incoming. If they can't get enough outside defence to cover incomings from planets half of their value, the attacker (concentrating on 1/2 classes) can benefit greatly from attacking them even with great losses. Sustainability of these planets, losing a large chunk of their fleets daily (to be competitive) should be more of a problem.

We don't even have to hold the 55-man limit relevant. The problems with the scoring system can be assessed on an individual basis, that is, by weighing up the score possible with different playing styles. Rob's planet last round (compared with this round) illustrates perfectly the above. It doesn't look like he'll finish with a much different score at the end (Somewhat better presumably because so many more attacking fleets (and 1 million ish value players) are around). He will however, finish relatively higher because players haven't been able to sit on roids all round.

I hope that sheds some light for you, as to why the stats don't have to be (and in my opinion haven't been) the defining factor for XP players to do well.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 19:22   #107
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
I’m not in any way implying what Fish is, but did you realise when you finalised the stats that you had, combined with the low ally count, made the xp-whore strategy much stronger?
Stronger than what? The fact is that XP play isn't stronger than it was in r15, when EXilition rather obviously won on XP (compared to ND).
Quote:
Did you knowingly make the stats so it would benefit an xp strategy in an attempt to make it more beneficial to xp-whore?
No.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 20:37   #108
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Just to reiterate what Chika said, its not accurate to say stats are extremely unbalanced. It's fair to say that this is a far more offensive round, but as far as recent memory, I can't remember a round where in the final top10 each race was represented, and at the moment that is the case:

Race Count (%) Best Planet Score Rank
Terran 1643 (38%) Lokken OF Alliance Discussions (13:5:1) 12,217,621 1
Cathaar 718 (16%) teh Kretin OF many planets (2:2:5) 8,519,248 7
Xandathrii 925 (21%) Wen im gd im very gd OF Wen im bad im better (17:10:1) 10,108,732 2
Zikonian 979 (22%) The illegal use OF a 6 foot carrot (4:2:10) 9,399,147 4

Also, in Rob's defense, he told me about their intentions to making an alliance halfway through round 15, so clearly Ascendancy was in the works long before the stats were created
Nolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 20:52   #109
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolez
Just to reiterate what Chika said, its not accurate to say stats are extremely unbalanced. It's fair to say that this is a far more offensive round, but as far as recent memory, I can't remember a round where in the final top10 each race was represented, and at the moment that is the case:
It wasn't that long ago.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 20:54   #110
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Of course, the round I didn't play, alright I apologize, but the fact remains that it's typically not the case and usually one race is far behind the others as last round:

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...5:Planet_Ranks

either way I think the balance of the races says something for the round stats, whether offensive of defensive....

EDIT: Added link.

Last edited by Nolez; 13 Mar 2006 at 22:01.
Nolez is offline   Reply With Quote