User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:47   #301
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Ascendancy - winners of Round 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
what kind of hc are you?
jeez..
I guess you have to ask my members that
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:48   #302
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
That's exactly what we had all round. Except for when it rained.
I have a heated backyard with a terrace and something like a roof so

when it rained i still could :/

you never told me you couldnt.. otherwise i wouldve invited you.. well now i have
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:49   #303
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
i thought you were going out?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:51   #304
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
i thought you were going out?
who says you cant take laptops and wireless internet outside :/

i hate that in my ubermassive imaginary backyard :/
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:53   #305
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
well if they voluntarily joined, i suppose they've never experienced real hc
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:14   #306
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

drifing back on topic sorry guys

what is the definition of an alliance? to def and attack or just to attack? However the answer will be pointless as their is not really a net gain trying to hold onto your roids just to make sure that you can get them back

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:15   #307
Rember
Womble

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos

what is the definition of an alliance? to def and attack or just to attack? However the answer will be pointless as their is not really a net gain trying to hold onto your roids just to make sure that you can get them back

alliance is people together that play together either to have a fun community, or to play a game as good as possible i think, a combination in between is allowed
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:17   #308
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos

the game defines an alliance as all those players under the same tag i would say becuase that's when they show in ranking lists etc

What they do to achieve their aims and how those aims look like is the deal for every alliance itself.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:30   #309
Advantix

Advantix is a jewel in the roughAdvantix is a jewel in the roughAdvantix is a jewel in the rough

GJ Kargool!! looooool

WE played it like it was suppose to be played. (2min look at the stats and u would figure it. )
WE beat 1up without making any effort, and you hate it

more flaming plz, we are enjoying it
and no matter what you do, we WON!!
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:36   #310
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advantix
WE played it like it was suppose to be played. (2min look at the stats and u would figure it. )
Thats the problem for me, the man who made the stats also formed the XP whore alliance.

And if ND/1up merged their biggest planets, you wouldnt win.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:40   #311
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish

Grasping for straws or what are you doing with this post ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:41   #312
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
the game defines an alliance as all those players under the same tag i would say becuase that's when they show in ranking lists etc

What they do to achieve their aims and how those aims look like is the deal for every alliance itself.
Clearly thats a lie, Assassin stated that DLR wasnt an alliance, hence its not enough to play under a tag..

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:42   #313
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Thats the problem for me, the man who made the stats also formed the XP whore alliance.
He didnt found the xp whore alliance. He founded an alliance which was purely designed to allow everyone inside it to play as he/she wished to play. No hours of organizing attacks, no hours of organizing defense, no activity monitoring. Nothing of all that crap.

We did actually have a few members which organized attacks for themselves and a few friends, and we also did have some members which defended; just like we also have a few members with quite decent values.

Ascendancy is much more than just an xp whoring* alliance.

Quote:
Yeah but that'd also mean neither ND nor 1up would win. :xmasgrin:

*our xp based planets prefer to be called xp gigolos.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:43   #314
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Clearly thats a lie, Assassin stated that DLR wasnt an alliance, hence its not enough to play under a tag..
Wasn´t this under his false assumption that DLR was a support tag for ND ?

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:46   #315
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

(end)"UP2ND"

Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 15:49   #316
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
why the need to "hide" 8 planets then? if it's "just for fun"
didnt they just take existing xp whores from existing alliances, kick there own members to add the new ones in, and decided to hide them, till now?

Why not hide them, nothing but a tactical decision.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 16:03   #317
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

this is pure bullshit

count me out for the remainder of the round...vac mode FTW

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 16:08   #318
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
vac mode FTW
Ok, see you on the 17th
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 16:14   #319
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about

This round was a commercial round for jolt/planetarion, And look how ascen managed to destroy it. I bet most companies that put money into advertising calculate that they will earn money on it. Now i bet we will have even less people play next round. ALL THANKS TO ASCENPUKE

Now PA crew are forced to lower the XP gain, maybe even more than they said they will. Wich was imo for nubs to catch up or those that lose hole fleets... lowering the XP will mean all the nubs now gone have hard time to gain any ranks in future rounds, As i see it Ascen has ruined PA many rounds ahead.

Ascenpuke has exploited a gameflaw and thus should be closed as alliance, Ontop of that they had no honor to play in tag, I mean wtf laming is that.
^MDK^MAN^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 16:18   #320
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^MDK^MAN^
This round was a commercial round for jolt/planetarion, And look how ascen managed to destroy it. I bet most companies that put money into advertising calculate that they will earn money on it. Now i bet we will have even less people play next round. ALL THANKS TO ASCENPUKE

Now PA crew are forced to lower the XP gain, maybe even more than they said they will. Wich was imo for nubs to catch up or those that lose hole fleets... lowering the XP will mean all the nubs now gone have hard time to gain any ranks in future rounds, As i see it Ascen has ruined PA many rounds ahead.

Ascenpuke has exploited a gameflaw and thus should be closed as alliance, Ontop of that they had no honor to play in tag, I mean wtf laming is that.
Are you trying to join the ranks of Kargool with shit posting or what? I don't see your points tbh.. Ascedancy played fully within the rules, you'd have to be thick-headed not to see that. I'd rather thank Ascendancy than flame them because they proved something wrong with the game mechanics.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 16:22   #321
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

If I was a new player to Planetarion, I'd be more put off by the fact that the community is doing its level best to appear to be populated entirely by people who spend their time posting pathetic whiny rants on the forums. Most newbies couldn't care less which alliance is #1. In fact, the idea that you don't need a team of 24/7 active people backing you up in order to win is something that is good for newbies.

If anything puts the newbies off, it's the fact that the whiny ****s on the forums will ensure that the XP system is nerfed, thus ensuring that nobody will ever win Planetarion again without giving over their entire life to the game.

I agree that there's a lot wrong with the XP system, combat engine etc. These things need to be fixed. But you're not helping by posting this kind of stuff on the forums. There is a perfectly good Suggestions forum where people can discuss ways of improving the game.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 16:41   #322
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I didn't have my right arm in a sling, I'd rip some of you to pieces for being complete retards. However, the dislocated shoulder's stopped that.

Well played to Ascendancy. Commiserations to Jester (for ending up on the receiving end of all this). I'll see you all at the end of the round when I'm allowed to use my arm again.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 16:56   #323
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

lol.. Jesus Christ..
You get beaten at a game and you cry like lil sizzy girls.. Get over yourselves.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 16:59   #324
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Your members think you're a twat. I have several signatures to prove the fact, but I wont hand them over to you.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 17:00   #325
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Your members think you're a twat. I have several signatures to prove the fact, but I wont hand them over to you.
zephod left TGV earlier this round because Kargool is a 'knobhead' afaik.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 17:01   #326
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^MDK^MAN^

Can you please type something that makes sense because even Sir Winston Churchill himself couldnt make this gibberish into something worthwile reading.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 17:41   #327
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

While I don't have to like it, this win (If they indeed win) is as valid as any. You can say all you want about "it's great that you don't have to be 24/7 active to achieve something anymore", I think it's a bit sad that people who are extremely active aren't really being rewarded as of now.

That's for another thread and another forum, though.

As much as I dislike this, I respect it, and I congratulate Ascendancy with everything they achieved. And stop whining at Jester, you're killing a kitten each time you do etc.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 18:50   #328
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

One of my weakspots in this game is I barely look at the stats pre round. I go zik when im allianceless and xan when in an alliance. I dont like that in this round as well as in rounds past there are dominent races. Planetarion can be unbalanced enough (alliance wise) without creating a dominent race.

Ascendency has pointed out numerous times in this thread that it took "2-5 minutes perusal of the stats to know that terran/xp whoring was the way to go. Theyve also said that the rest of the universe was slow on the intake.

My question is to the top 10 alliance hcs and prior top 100 planets who didnt go the xp route. Did you guys not see this? And if you did, what made you choose not to go this route?
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 18:55   #329
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
2/ zhil, in all honesty i didn't think you would stoop to be as pathetic as you're showing yourself to be now. as i've said ine every round to date, the 'bset' alliance is defined solely by ranks, and right now, we're better :] mechanically speaking, this isn't try, but as all of the selfish ****s try to flaunt to me every round - it's jsut the end ranks which show all that matter right?
even i have to admit i'd feel satisfied if things ended in the current ranks after the arrogance you displayed to even me, during he initial stages of the rnd.
I'm being pathetic for being outraged at something I feel is utterly wrong? Ascendancy is not the best alliance around, you're #1 rank is through abuse of a broken formula.

Considering the work I know my alliance has put into this round, and at how hard it's worked - I reserve the full right to be a tad miffed at what has transpired.

My arrogance is simply because I honestly don't feel you deserve this win. It's less deserved to me than the Elysium win over Eclipse and that's something else I am utterly passionate about, along with Focht and Killghost. Really, I don't think I'm the pathetic one as my interests have to be for my members and unlike you (and the rest of Ascendancy it seems), I actually care for the game to a small degree.

Really, the lot of you saying how much you deserve this will do nothing to convince me otherwise. Rob and jester already know my feelings on the matter. They will not change. For anyone.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:00   #330
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Really, the lot of you saying how much you deserve this will do nothing to convince me otherwise. Rob and jester already know my feelings on the matter. They will not change. For anyone.
Good thing we don't need your approval then isn't it ?
You have every right to be pissed off about it. Imo you are overracting though. Then again every person reacts differently.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:01   #331
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
I actually pointed this out to Zhil Fyodor (as he recommended that I build lots of Chimeras ) and he poopood me
Wrong. You applied to join 1up and I pointed out you needed a minimum value defense fleet before any consideration could take place.

Your galaxy was deemed too weak to be able to support you and not be a defense sink for us.

Yes, 1up was not playing in an xp-whoring manner. Perhaps this was wrong in hindsight, but I personally find the entire idea of it to be not Planetarion in the slightest and to be 'dirty'.

I am unsure whether Sid noticed how well an XP alliance could do (or to the extent on how it could take #1) and I'll regulary admit I did not expect this to happen in the slightest.

I also like to point out that the idiots are misquoting me or misunderstanding - for I havent singled out jester and actually posted AGAINST this being some 'clever planned scheme to win'. Mainly because it seemed some Ascendancy members were beginning to bag at how 'clever' you all were. I know full well that jester did not abuse stat creation, at least to his own knowledge.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:03   #332
Desse
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor

My question is to the top 10 alliance hcs and prior top 100 planets who didnt go the xp route. Did you guys not see this? And if you did, what made you choose not to go this route?
I chose to go zik, because it seemed like a fun way to play with some XP-gigolos in gal who would provide me with ample opportunity to steal ships.

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:08   #333
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
You have every right to be pissed off about it. Imo you are overracting though. Then again every person reacts differently.
Then you really don't remember me if you think I am 'overreacting'. I always post passionately when I believe in something so strong.

I'd just appear arrogant if we begin discussing my 'approval'

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:14   #334
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advantix
WE beat 1up without making any effort, and you hate it

more flaming plz, we are enjoying it
and no matter what you do, we WON!!
Im not going to tell lok to do his job but regarding his statement last night, maybe some people should be taught a lesson here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken
I am not happy with any of the lauding up by any of the ascendancy members on this thread, as quite frankly, taking the situation as a whole, it's pretty close to trolling in my view
Quote:
If I see any shitness, it'll be highly likely you won't have an account in the morning for a time. Usually I don't take this step, but as this is such an inflammatory thread, it's the only way it can be left unattended.
Quote:
I shall issue my first warning with regards to this thread.
Now Ascendancy shall I try and explain why people are pissed off?

HC/MOs/Members put int alot of work into this round, ND, 1up, Angels, LCH, TGV, Subh, F-Crew and I could carry on. Why there is gripes from members of these alliances is:

A) In terms of effort you didnt deserve it, the fact that you won is something that can be dealt with. I think what is griping people more is my next point.

B)You come here thinking you are clever. Seemingly thinking you are all geniuses for seeing that you can xp whore. You boast. You flame (I see more asc posters here than 1up, ND, Angels et al) You are inciting anger. Please, please, please after 8 weeks of a hard round dont come here and show off, its not appreciated.

Praise others, they will praise you. Have respect for your enemy they will respect you. eXilition had respect for 1up, in turn I respect them. If you think you are oh so great players, play next round. Im sure if asc is so great you all wont leave? Right?

As I said congratulations. You Won. But dont come here and insult/flame others. Quite simply its not needed. You may have been lauding up all round launching at 8pm then going to bed for school (thats an example of a flame for you btw). But that doesnt mean that other alliances have been trying hard and dont deserve recognition.

Congratulations, im friends with many of you, but your all acting like tits here.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:20   #335
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Let's just accept that Adventix is a shit poster. Every alliance has them.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:26   #336
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
Id be pretty pissed too if i spent night after night awake, working to get /keep my alliance number 1 and then have it pulled out from underneath me. (im pretty pissed even though i didnt put in the amount of time as others) The worst part is there is nothing to be done. Nothing war can achieve. You just have to bend over and take it.

I also think (without knowing zhil at all) that he is more pissed at the stats situation that allowed ascendency to do it but is venting on the alliance who took advantage of it.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:35   #337
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Id be pretty pissed too if i spent night after night awake, working to get /keep my alliance number 1 and then have it pulled out from underneath me. (im pretty pissed even though i didnt put in the amount of time as others) The worst part is there is nothing to be done. Nothing war can achieve. You just have to bend over and take it.

I also think (without knowing zhil at all) that he is more pissed at the stats situation that allowed ascendency to do it but is venting on the alliance who took advantage of it.
My point was more along the lines of "It's just a game". I'm fully aware of the situation as such.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:38   #338
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:

Exactly. The fact there is nothing that can be done with two weeks left still of the round is the ultimate clincher to my anger.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:53   #339
BaSSe

BaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations Ascendacy. Well played and you have truely showed a new strategy in winning planetarion.

However I understand the ones that dislike it. As there`s loads of work in doing pre round planning, all tools, the workload of dcs, bcs, hcs, members to make their alliance do the best. Imo the traditional value alliance is the thing that makes PA interesting. Wars being faught and all the interalliance relations that occur during a round: spies, defections, new attack/defence tactics, fleetcatches etc.

In other words pure roiding and gaining XP doesn`t do it for me. I`m not questioning the win though, as you followed all the rules and XP is also a factor that should be counted. As it shows you have the guts to fight larger planets. In war rounds(ie r13/15) you`d find both xp and value players up there, and the ones with a mix of both. The ones that was mainly based on value had gone trough the round with naps/fencing/roiding easy targets. So on a planet rank system it`s hard to decide who deserve the victory the most. The xp-player or the value based one.

Alliance rankings should somehow be based mostly on value though, but ofc a bit on xp aswell as it reflects the fighting morale of the alliance. But as mentioned earlier it is a hard blow to all the people who has put in a lot of hard work for their alliance to be overrun by what seems to be a more loosely organised alliance. *Note that I`m not v. familiar with Ascendacy so I might be totally wrong about the allliance structure and by the looks of it, it has a lot of active players who definitly know what they are doing.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:00   #340
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Exactly. The fact there is nothing that can be done with two weeks left still of the round is the ultimate clincher to my anger.

Big fuss for nothing !

They played according to rules and still you moan, that loser behaviour doesn’t suit you at all!?

As long as they follow PA guide book all goes, morale issues aren’t gone show shit in the history books so get over it..

The only ones to “blame” is of course PA team who let this happen!

Nice played Ascendancy……….
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:00   #341
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

The way Ascendancy has won this round is not the issue as much as the boasting and insulting behavior. People don't like to hear whiners, well a sore winner is even worse. Bad enough to lose without having your nose rubbed in it.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:07   #342
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSSe
As it shows you have the guts to fight larger planets.
No it doesn't - Ascendancy have not fought large planets - they cant, due to the small size of their fleets. All they need to do is hit midrange at best for value as long as its max xp for them and make sure their own value doesnt go up much by losing a portion of fleet to compensate. At least from what I've seen - 1up itself received very few Ascendancy incomings whilst we had alot of the biggest value planets around.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:08   #343
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
HC/MOs/Members put int alot of work into this round, ND, 1up, Angels, LCH, TGV, Subh, F-Crew and I could carry on. Why there is gripes from members of these alliances is:

A) In terms of effort you didnt deserve it, the fact that you won is something that can be dealt with. I think what is griping people more is my next point.

B)You come here thinking you are clever. Seemingly thinking you are all geniuses for seeing that you can xp whore. You boast. You flame (I see more asc posters here than 1up, ND, Angels et al) You are inciting anger. Please, please, please after 8 weeks of a hard round dont come here and show off, its not appreciated.

Praise others, they will praise you. Have respect for your enemy they will respect you. eXilition had respect for 1up, in turn I respect them. If you think you are oh so great players, play next round. Im sure if asc is so great you all wont leave? Right?

As I said congratulations. You Won. But dont come here and insult/flame others. Quite simply its not needed. You may have been lauding up all round launching at 8pm then going to bed for school (thats an example of a flame for you btw). But that doesnt mean that other alliances have been trying hard and dont deserve recognition.

Congratulations, im friends with many of you, but your all acting like tits here.
1. First off, while I'm sure its easy to assume that every alliance put their hearts into this round, I don't think it's an accurate assumption. For instance, as many people know I started the round in Angels. For the round, [Irvine], who most people realize is an excellent DC and a strong HC, more or less took some time off. In prior rounds I witnessed as he literally did 90+% of the DCing and carried Angels in many ways. This round he relinquished many of his duties to Alki as far as HCing and let several others fill in his place as DC. Sure, he was on often and still DC-ed quite a bit, but even he admitted that he wasn't playing as hard as usual because it was a free round. So while I understand your point, and its valid to some extent (at least that saying all those alliances put more into the round than Ascendancy did) you can't exactly claim that they all poured their hearts into it.

2. I don't think every member of Ascendancy thinks they're "clever". Sure, I think most people will admit that our strategy, whether it was initally intentional or not, has led to us having a large lead late in the round. Was it fair? Yes. Was it wrong (as Zhil states repeatedly)? No. Sure, I think most Ascendancy members will agree that the XP system is totally out of whack and needs to be fixed, but regardless what we did was not only legitimate but it was fair.

3. As far as, praise others and they'll praise you, I don't think that's going to work in this situation. I'll be the first to admit that this was one of the best rounds I've seen as far as equal opportunities for many alliances to do well (finish top3). There's a good 6+ alliances that have been top3 at some point this round, and they all deserve congratulations. Personally, I think F-Crew had some great players and did very well for themselves. Of course 1up played very well and ND showed a lot of people that they weren't a joke.

Most alliances did very well which I think is why it would be fair to think of this round as a big step forward for PA. Undoubtedly XP will be handled accordingly, and we saw a nice amount of alliances that are capable of competing for the top. If we were able to just all be good sports and, whether you like it or not, move on, this could be a good step into PAN.
Nolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:14   #344
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

what a b0ll0x...

ofc Ascendany deserve to win this rnd! Complain to the PA-Team for the XP-formulae and Stats that was given and not to the community who managed it to play this game the right way this round! As I said, there was no ally needed to win this round, and I'm sure Ascendancy wasnt even an alliance...just a bunch of XP-Whores who tagged up in the end and everyone has to agree:

WELL DONE FFS! (also DLR)

That was a BG-STYLE RND nothing else...

P.S.: Ofc this Rnd wasnt the best and it even sucked imho, but dont flame around here guys!! If u got something to Say Debate stuff about changing the XP formulae for next round to make it balanced.

P.P.S: @Ascendancy: If I were you I wouldnt reply to this thread anymore as it is very pointless now!

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:22   #345
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

What I find annoying is that 'shit posts' get rewarded with (shit) replies, and constructive ones (or at least attempts) aren't.

That's the end-all of it for me BaSSe, the defining score system doesn't reward people properly. Last time I posted that I got moaned at, the game doesn't have to be fair, and what not. The value/xp system can't reward alliances the right way, allowing the game to shift (rewarding effort) and yet retain an element of stability. Right now it doesn't work.

The majority of the posts here, particularly from those claiming to dislike Ascendancy's (limited) policies this round completely miss what I consider most important. I couldn't care less if some half idle git finishes top ten or his alliance finishes first. The rankings have only ever served to try to assure ridiculously active players that it wasn't all a waste of time anyway. The score system should reward effort in such a way that the game can shift. A value dominated system provokes plays like we saw from 1up this round, strongly, overwhelmingly logically suggesting NewDawn should acquiese and step back from the war.

What I'm trying to say is, people shouldn't be tempted to deliberately keep their values artificially low to maximise score. But on an alliance level, these groups should be able to profitably challenge value through perseverance/effort mid-late round. The current XP system achieves neither.

In an ideal world, someone will at least consider, if not agree that more than highlighting the XP system problematically rewards players (only in a round where Value is held back by constant confrontation elsewhere), Ascendancy have highlighted that the XP system is unable, and will continue to not be able to create a good base for individuals and groups to compete.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:22   #346
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolez

2. I don't think every member of Ascendancy thinks they're "clever". Sure, I think most people will admit that our strategy, whether it was initally intentional or not, has led to us having a large lead late in the round. Was it fair? Yes. Was it wrong (as Zhil states repeatedly)? No. Sure, I think most Ascendancy members will agree that the XP system is totally out of whack and needs to be fixed, but regardless what we did was not only legitimate but it was fair.
Yes, it was wrong. We can debate it continously for all eternity if you like - I'm pretty sure I can make it last just as long as any other unsolveable arguement. You abused the flaw, and the fact we ALL didn't abuse that flaw and create the most boring round in PA history is why you're right? Proposterous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolez
3. As far as, praise others and they'll praise you, I don't think that's going to work in this situation. I'll be the first to admit that this was one of the best rounds I've seen as far as equal opportunities for many alliances to do well (finish top3). There's a good 6+ alliances that have been top3 at some point this round, and they all deserve congratulations. Personally, I think F-Crew had some great players and did very well for themselves. Of course 1up played very well and ND showed a lot of people that they weren't a joke.

Most alliances did very well which I think is why it would be fair to think of this round as a big step forward for PA. Undoubtedly XP will be handled accordingly, and we saw a nice amount of alliances that are capable of competing for the top. If we were able to just all be good sports and, whether you like it or not, move on, this could be a good step into PAN.
Don't make me laugh, this round has done nothing but move PA into a darker era I feel. Even after the effort of alliances, it's all been for 'nothing' really - I just know for myself at least it's left a nasty taste in my mouth for actually trying.

A good step would be for Ascendancy to disband their ingame tag - since their point has been proven to PAteam now - and let the real alliances continue to battle it out for a more meaningful and earnt rank.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:27   #347
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well clearly you are firm in your position. Unfortunately, just because you seem to know you're correct, doesn't mean you are, but there's absolutely no point in pursuing that any further.

As far as disbanding, I'm sure there will be many people that will look at the second place alliance as a better performing alliance and perhaps one that worked harder for their rank, but the fact remains that we are winning the round, and thats not really a debatable fact.
Nolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:28   #348
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

interesting notes to make: we've shown our hand. now let's see who is desperate enough for a win to go to lengths to acquire a better hand.

furthermore, why on earth are you trying to guilt trip us about the effort thing? a good definition of skill to me, has always been performing a task with the least amount of effort.

i've got other things to say about earlier posts, but i've also got other things to do
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:28   #349
Europatriot
zz-crew MMC

Europatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
A good step would be for Ascendancy to disband their ingame tag - since their point has been proven to PAteam now - and let the real alliances continue to battle it out for a more meaningful and earnt rank.
Would you or anyone else for that matter not feel very dirty winning the round if that was too happen, knowing you are actually 2nd best?
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:29   #350
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It seems to me that while some Ascendancy members have accepted their win with grace and respect for the work other alliances have put in (Jester, JBG, people who aren't posting), some still feel the need to gloat.

And you know what?

That's fine.

Those that want to gloat - let them have their little bit of glory.

They'd never be able to win in a "usual" round of PA.

Jester got them to the position they're at, with his coordination of Ascendancy (which, while being very laissez-faire, still did have some rather clever coordination).

So allow them this one little glory. Because it won't come again for most of them.