User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 10:50   #101
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: OK. Newdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
I think you'll find that a lot of those 300 fleets were the same ones launched over and over again.

if 300 real fleets were launched and actually landed, then I think the loss would be a little higher than 10%.

End of the day, even with 100-200 real fleets, only losing 10% is still not bad, there's no need to justify it, by claiming obsurd amounts of incomming.

Besides, despite all the incomming ND is still ranked #2, the only way that will change is if ND falls apart.
TBH, i think Newdawn has done a better effort than 1up this round. Ofc not in score, but in effort and in work as an alliance rebuilding, and im sorry mr 1up propagandamachine. Nothing you can say will make me change my opninion.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 10:57   #102
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
TBH, i think Newdawn has done a better effort than 1up this round. Ofc not in score, but in effort and in work as an alliance rebuilding, and im sorry mr 1up propagandamachine. Nothing you can say will make me change my opninion.
i think it's great if an alliance manages to rebuild and get from out of top10 on rank #2. i think nobody says that ND played a bad round. but how can you say that an alliance that kept its strength all time, kept their members and plays as current #1 is worse than an alliance that struggled to even play the round and had a hard way rebuilding ?

it shows that they had (a lot of) problems before or earlier in the round. So you say 1up is not as good as NewDawn because they had no problems starting r14?

Strange view of things

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 10:59   #103
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
LOL, im not even playing this round, and have nothing to do with 1up. I browse the forums occasionally looking for idiots who try to pad the truth to make there alliance look less weak.

Oh and seen's im a "1up pr machine", then when i've been praising ND for how impressive they have been, then that is also PR.

So you think your own alliance is crap?

or did you think that calling me a 1up PR'er would be easier than actually trying to debate with me?

Pathetic, really, especially considering I wasnt even flaming ND in the post you qouted. I was mearly sick of all the people crying saying "you only got 10% of our roids cause our incomming tracker has 300 fleets launched on us"

When really you should be focusing on the point that you can lose 10% and then still carry on fighting. and that the reason they got 10% the first night, was a)because it was unexpected, and b)because it was a co-ordinated effort between 2 alliances who have a combined score of around double ND's score.

So erm what Am I again? because if I am a "mr 1up propagandamachine", then that would make you the village idiot.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:03   #104
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Chika has his own posting style, I won't deny it can be very inflamatory. However, I think it's somewhat unfair to judge a whole alliance by one poster. Seeing other examples of genuine arrogance would be nice. I might also remind theres a distinct difference between arrogance and stating facts.
I said Chika was one of the pple ... you asked for an example. I do not keep a list of 1up posters or anything ...

Yes I agree there's a difference between just being arrogant and stating the fact. But while stating the fact, you can either state the facts, or do the same AND be arrogant.

For example, r11 1up won. You could say "we won, look at the rank (fact)". You could also say "We won because we owned everyone and the other alliances are inferior quality, see rank (also fact)" ...

You see the difference, in both examples you stated the fact and spoke the truth, yet the 2nd one was pure arrogance.

If you need other examples of 1up posters who post facts but in an arrogant way: Zhil, theRat, Idler, Treveler, Mazzelaar (yes sometimes you can be arrogant aswell) ...

Most of the pple I named, I get along with great. Nor do I say it's a bad thing they react like that, I know I do the same. But it COULD be a reason why others perceive you as arrogant (while stating the facts).

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:04   #105
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

b)because it was a co-ordinated effort between 2 alliances who have a combined score of around double ND's score.
Good post but that is actually completely incorrect. There was no join targetting at all.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:04   #106
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
It's the way that facts are stated which comes across as overly arrogant in certain cases.
Stop posting exactly what I mean BEFORE I post it ok ... makes me look ... "slow"

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:05   #107
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Yeah, I would say that 1up has basically had a very easy round. Their adversaries have buckled one by one, and fallen apart (cept NewDawn) and they have even a galaxynap with 6:10 wich is the top galaxy. Ofc, i am not saying there is something wrong with it, just that its clear that they have napped. Your own alliance for example have napped 1up, (yes yes, when you did you were weak and puny line prolly is gonna be the reply) now as you see that you clearly cant do anything about 1up you try to get them to help u guys taking down NewDawn, and that is a very impressive effort i might say. (warning, the last sentence may have contained some sarcasm, neg reppers beware)

All in all i think it's fair to say that 1up is gonna win the most boring round of Planetarion, a round wich will more be known as the big bug round and that alot of alliances folded. Hmm, maybe that does take some color of Newdawns effort aswell
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:07   #108
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
LOL, im not even playing this round, and have nothing to do with 1up. I browse the forums occasionally looking for idiots who try to pad the truth to make there alliance look less weak.
I should have explained myself more clearly. That comment wasnt intended at you.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:07   #109
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Good post but that is actually completely incorrect. There was no join targetting at all.
ah, sorry about that. but if i was ND HC that would be what i would claim, rather than whining about fleets.

Crying over fleets has got to be one of the most pathetic things ive ever seen.

In the older says, during Block wars, some alliances got thousands of fleets incomming on them. but they didnt go crying about it. They just said "yeah we lost a lot, but we had a lot of people targetting us"
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:08   #110
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

Oh and seen's im a "1up pr machine", then when i've been praising ND for how impressive they have been, then that is also PR.

So you think your own alliance is crap?

or did you think that calling me a 1up PR'er would be easier than actually trying to debate with me?

Pathetic, really, especially considering I wasnt even flaming ND in the post you qouted. I was mearly sick of all the people crying saying "you only got 10% of our roids cause our incomming tracker has 300 fleets launched on us"

When really you should be focusing on the point that you can lose 10% and then still carry on fighting. and that the reason they got 10% the first night, was a)because it was unexpected, and b)because it was a co-ordinated effort between 2 alliances who have a combined score of around double ND's score.

So erm what Am I again? because if I am a "mr 1up propagandamachine", then that would make you the village idiot.
No offense morden, but we all know where your loyalty/sympathy lies if you'd be playing, hence this reflects on your posting style.

Nothing wrong with that, otherwise you wouldn't be so nice to me all the time

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:09   #111
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
I should have explained myself more clearly. That comment wasnt intended at you.

Okay, then im sorry for being bitchy hehe ;-)

I dont do PR for anyone anymore in particular, so I tend to take offence to being called anyones PR Monkey ;-)
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:11   #112
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
No offense morden, but we all know where your loyalty/sympathy lies if you'd be playing, hence this reflects on your posting style.

Nothing wrong with that, otherwise you wouldn't be so nice to me all the time
Well, as you know full well. I have a lot of friends in almost every major alliance. so generally I try to stay neutral to everyone when im not playing.

i comment where I feel like it, and I usually try to be as neutral as possible, unless the post has irritated by in someway, then it tends to be a bit more negative ;-)
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:11   #113
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Okay, then im sorry for being bitchy hehe ;-)

I dont do PR for anyone anymore in particular, so I tend to take offence to being called anyones PR Monkey ;-)
You're the PR monkey of "those that do not play" !!

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:12   #114
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I said Chika was one of the pple ... you asked for an example. I do not keep a list of 1up posters or anything ...

Yes I agree there's a difference between just being arrogant and stating the fact. But while stating the fact, you can either state the facts, or do the same AND be arrogant.

For example, r11 1up won. You could say "we won, look at the rank (fact)". You could also say "We won because we owned everyone and the other alliances are inferior quality, see rank (also fact)" ...

You see the difference, in both examples you stated the fact and spoke the truth, yet the 2nd one was pure arrogance.

If you need other examples of 1up posters who post facts but in an arrogant way: Zhil, theRat, Idler, Treveler, Mazzelaar (yes sometimes you can be arrogant aswell) ...

Most of the pple I named, I get along with great. Nor do I say it's a bad thing they react like that, I know I do the same. But it COULD be a reason why others perceive you as arrogant (while stating the facts).
I completely disagree. I don't read every post on here but I have never, other than Idlers tongue in cheek post that Zoof pointed out, seen a 1up member say anthing like "We won 'cos you suck". Stating we won and then outlining area's of inferiority (such as LCH permitting planet naps in the past) isn't arrogance, it's a supported opinion. If it's not one you like then tough shit, but it certainly isn't gloating/arrogance/being a twat.

As for the others:

Zhil isn't arrogant, he is just a 1up zealot who would support 1up over anything.
TheRat is no longer 1up.
Idler is a fool who just trolls around the boards trying to draw flames. This has nothing to do with his own belief in anyones ability. He just enjoys winding people up.
Treveler I always thought of as a 1up poster but a fairly honest and accurate in terms of assessing the actions of others.
As for my arrogance. Well, please point me towards a post.

I personally think the 'arrogance' tag is more along the lines of not liking what they say and not having a better argument against their point of view.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:13   #115
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Well, as you know full well. I have a lot of friends in almost every major alliance. so generally I try to stay neutral to everyone when im not playing.

i comment where I feel like it, and I usually try to be as neutral as possible, unless the post has irritated by in someway, then it tends to be a bit more negative ;-)
But in some alliances you simply have more friends then in others. We all know your history of alliances m8, it's not hard to figure out what alliance you'd be IF you play.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:15   #116
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

i would more or less say not 1up has a nap with 6:10 - but 6:10 has one with 1up. If you look at the alliances in there half the galaxy is Reunion or 1up anyway and contains their top players. do you think it makes sense to take them down ? maybe if you want to weaken ur top players - good idea

maybe it was no great round for you kargool, but i think a lot happened and for my part i enjoyed playing so far !

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:17   #117
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I completely disagree. I don't read every post on here but I have never, other than Idlers tongue in cheek post that Zoof pointed out, seen a 1up member say anthing like "We won 'cos you suck". Stating we won and then outlining area's of inferiority (such as LCH permitting planet naps in the past) isn't arrogance, it's a supported opinion. If it's not one you like then tough shit, but it certainly isn't gloating/arrogance/being a twat.

As for the others:

Zhil isn't arrogant, he is just a 1up zealot who would support 1up over anything.
TheRat is no longer 1up.
Idler is a fool who just trolls around the boards trying to draw flames. This has nothing to do with his own belief in anyones ability. He just enjoys winding people up.
Treveler I always thought of as a 1up poster but a fairly honest and accurate in terms of assessing the actions of others.
As for my arrogance. Well, please point me towards a post.

I personally think the 'arrogance' tag is more along the lines of not liking what they say and not having a better argument against their point of view.
Well, I disagree on the description you gave of these pple (especially on Treveler) but that's what opinions are for, right?

It's not that I don't like what you're posting. You know I'm the first to admit defeat and congratulate the winner.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:18   #118
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
But in some alliances you simply have more friends then in others. We all know your history of alliances m8, it's not hard to figure out what alliance you'd be IF you play.
True, but you know me as well as anyone, and you know I prefer to make a difference, rather than to sit back, be a good boy, and do what im told to do....
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:20   #119
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
i would more or less say not 1up has a nap with 6:10 - but 6:10 has one with 1up. If you look at the alliances in there half the galaxy is Reunion or 1up anyway and contains their top players. do you think it makes sense to take them down ? maybe if you want to weaken ur top players - good idea

maybe it was no great round for you kargool, but i think a lot happened and for my part i enjoyed playing so far !
Considering all the players who has quitted over the round I tend to disagree.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:26   #120
jupp
Hi there ...

Quote:
Considering all the players who has quitted over the round I tend to disagree.
the problem with ur post earlier i see is that u try to smallen the effort and achievements of the alliances that are still alive and fighting. Yes, 1up will win and probably the rankings below wont change a lot anymore as well, but it is only a few more days to play and i guess if all would be still widely open it wouldnt be PA ;p

now to say the round was boring and 1up had an easy win because all contenders for #1 gave up before does not seem to be fair.

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 11:27   #121
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
the problem with ur post earlier i see is that u try to smallen the effort and achievements of the alliances that are still alive and fighting. Yes, 1up will win and probably the rankings below wont change a lot anymore as well, but it is only a few more days to play and i guess if all would be still widely open it wouldnt be PA ;p

now to say the round was boring and 1up had an easy win because all contenders for #1 gave up before does not seem to be fair.
Uhm, and how is that a exciting round? I fail to see your logic..
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 12:18   #122
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Uhm, and how is that a exciting round? I fail to see your logic..
It all depends on your point of view, maybe this round wasn't a long & hard fight for nr1, but that doesn't mean the rest of it wasn't interesting. There's happened more politicly this round then all the other rounds i've played. Some allies cracked, others gained power.
All this is looking very promosing for r15, so imo this was an exciting round, maybe not for the win, but there's more to life then just winning

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 12:20   #123
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I still remember how Fury and Legion had the arrogance tag during rd 5. The losers of the round were humble underodgs. When things changed during the following round and xeta took the top spots I overheard many irc conversations where people were complaining about those damn arrogant Xanadus and whatnots. Strangely enough some xeta players actually did become arrogant during that round. So there are two forces at work: players perceive the winning alliances as arrogant by default and some players really do become (even more) arrogant when they are on top.

but tbh I think a certain amount of arrogance suits the winning alliance well

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 12:31   #124
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laputa
I still remember how Fury and Legion had the arrogance tag during rd 5. The losers of the round were humble underodgs. When things changed during the following round and xeta took the top spots I overheard many irc conversations where people were complaining about those damn arrogant Xanadus and whatnots. Strangely enough some xeta players actually did become arrogant during that round. So there are two forces at work: players perceive the winning alliances as arrogant by default and some players really do become (even more) arrogant when they are on top.

but tbh I think a certain amount of arrogance suits the winning alliance well
A fair point.

I also figure that whoever wins is allowed certain 'bragging rights' until the next round. This doesn't mean they have to act like utter wankers and get in everyones face about it though.

Quote:
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 12:48   #125
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I don't have an arrogant bone in my body. If you recall, I have made threads/posts questioning the integrity of each and every member of a hostile 1up alliance. I asked wtf was going on. These are the things I want answered. Never have I said. "We won. We owned you". Or anything relating to that. I said "Why the **** did you let 1up own you. What the **** is wrong with the game nowadays" Surely that isn't arrogance. Mazz is right, I do have my own posting style. I tend to be more direct and cutting the BS. I surely wouldn't be on AD arguing "we did a good job" ANd i know I didn't do **** all to stop the top gal from WTFpwing my entire alliance.
Yeah, chika` is VERY arrogant.

In addition, my posting style is unbiased and never do I take any sides, not even my own if my side is wrong. Surely that can be confirmed by my HC not supporting my posts. Why? BECAUSE I DO NOT POST PRO-ANYONE.

Last edited by Chika; 14 Sep 2005 at 13:00.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 13:00   #126
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:

Can you please show me to a post where this arrogance is shown? Just because I cought you lying (confirmed by logs and various Angels command) and the fact that I like winding you up from time to time (who doesnt?) doesnt make me arrogant. I never gloat and I seldom claims someone else sucks in any way or form as i know perfectly well that next round we might be comming out with our tail between the legs.

Last edited by Treveler; 14 Sep 2005 at 13:38.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 13:19   #127
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Can you please show me to a post where this arrogance is shown? Just because I cought you lieing (confirmed by logs and various Angels command) and the fact that I like winding you up from time to time (who doesnt?) doesnt make me arrogant. I never gloat and I seldom claims someone else sucks in any way or form as i know perfectly well that next round we might be comming out with our tail between the legs.
You never caught me lying and you never will, you just prefered to believe a liar instead of me ... that's your choice. Either way I don't wanna argue about this issue again.

I very well know your posting style. Trying to wind up pple is pathetic and have the same respect from me as posters like MotoX, certainly not more. On top of that I do find you arrogant (which isn't a bad thing) and I do think you lie on AD to me, compared with some of the pm's we used to have on IRC.

That's how I perceive you, I'm sure others will have a complete different image of you. I like(d) chatting with you on IRC etc, so this isn't personal but on AD you seem to either purposely annoy me or believe morons spreading lies about me. Then don't expect me to have a good image of you on AD (mind you, I'm talking purely about your posts, not about you as a person or when I'm talking with you on IRC).

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 13:36   #128
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
You never caught me lying and you never will, you just prefered to believe a liar instead of me ... that's your choice. Either way I don't wanna argue about this issue again.

I very well know your posting style. Trying to wind up pple is pathetic and have the same respect from me as posters like MotoX, certainly not more. On top of that I do find you arrogant (which isn't a bad thing) and I do think you lie on AD to me, compared with some of the pm's we used to have on IRC.

That's how I perceive you, I'm sure others will have a complete different image of you. I like(d) chatting with you on IRC etc, so this isn't personal but on AD you seem to either purposely annoy me or believe morons spreading lies about me. Then don't expect me to have a good image of you on AD (mind you, I'm talking purely about your posts, not about you as a person or when I'm talking with you on IRC).
I didnt ask for you to like me I asked for you to point at posts where I`m arrogant. And when its your word against countless logs and confirmation from various Angel commands its hard to take your side. Sometimes the truth hurts...
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 14:16   #129
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I didnt ask for you to like me I asked for you to point at posts where I`m arrogant. And when its your word against countless logs and confirmation from various Angel commands its hard to take your side. Sometimes the truth hurts...
Read your pm, it's better explained there since you're confusing 2 things with eachother. And you're talking about 1 little thing (going to war with 1up last round) ... again, I refer to the pm in which I explained you where you and I talk about different things so it seems.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 14:17   #130
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Lokken, you keep trying to "force a point". When you fail to realize that you are only reniforcing the whole "noone left", or "no proper incoming". Other alliances dying has nothing to do with ND. Thats a form of you trying to blame the universe for dying. You should be thanking the universe. Due to most alliances dying you landed #2. Who did you fight to earn your #2? Reunion?
As far as i'm concerned, ND had one big chance - couldn't take it - I'm very angry about it, can't blame anyone, it's our tough luck as far as i'm concerned. Am I angrywe've not finished 1st? Yes.

Do I think we deserve criticism for something that ultimately from our point of view was beyond our control? No. It's not just the loss of key individuals, it's large amounts of firepower being stuck in vacation mode.

We've had isolated nights of heavy incoming from alliances much bigger than us while we were quite small, we simply informed them directly that if they chose to continue, we'd be more than happy to sacrifice our own ranking to ruin their prospects (and actively support their enemies) and they stopped, went elsewhere and this allowed us to attack as we pleased. This I believe should not be an objectionable policy to you. We simply let alliances know that we wouldn't tolerate heavy incoming from anyone and that if they cared more about their 1up vs X conflict, they'd get along with that.

We don't have the depth of 1up, as xtothez rightly pointed out. This is because the majority of the experienced players who can step in if needed prefer to be in 1up knowing that they'll only be called on in emergency and beyond that they won't have to put in the hours required of someone in a full time role not to mention be in a group where everyone is guaranteed nailed on quality. Whether that's lazy or simply a reflection on what most old school players feel is the right thing, I'm not too sure but what I can certainly say is that 1up are certainly the PA equivalent of a "brain drain".

I don't see much point in having a go at ND. We can only be ahead of what is around at the time. If other alliances are being shit and our ranking doesn't justify our ability, that's either good work on our part, or the fault of everyone 3rd or behind. If we're 2nd just by 'existing', surely then that does reflect that it's not us that's the problem, it's the opposition. We just do our jobs and launch fleets. If there's any villains in this round, it's those alliances who just folded and didn't focus on playing as a team and recruiting on the basis "oh that bunch are good".

Ultimately this round has boiled down to quality and numbers because eventually the lack of politics (you can't play politics if there is no one to play with) demanded it.

As for the "whether this round is boring" debate: I'll tell you this: It stinks of average entertainment wise.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 14:31   #131
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
As for the "whether this round is boring" debate: I'll tell you this: It stinks of average entertainment wise.

You had your chance for entertainment. You chose to save resources instead, to hit "smaller" guys.
GG
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 14:42   #132
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I suspect Idler may have just been having a bit of fun and that, if you're being serious, you most likely took his post out of context.

Absolutely correct.

I was mocking someone, cant remember who.. but it sure gave me posreps! (5)

Quote:
This is, to a very large extent, absolutely true.

ND suck balls btw

Last edited by I am Idler; 14 Sep 2005 at 14:51.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 14:48   #133
Treveler

Quote:
Read your pm, it's better explained there since you're confusing 2 things with eachother. And you're talking about 1 little thing (going to war with 1up last round) ... again, I refer to the pm in which I explained you where you and I talk about different things so it seems.
I guess we have cleared that up then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Do I think we deserve criticism for something that ultimately from our point of view was beyond our control? No. It's not just the loss of key individuals, it's large amounts of firepower being stuck in vacation mode.
Not to mention the enormous amounts of firepower ND had stockpiled through the whole 1up "war".

How much res did you have? 100 mill + of each resource? Call me crasy but maybe those resources would be better used as ships defending and attacking...
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 14:50   #134
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
You had your chance for entertainment. You chose to save resources instead, to hit "smaller" guys.
GG
So? I'm willing to make sacrifices.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 14:55   #135
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:

Not to mention the enormous amounts of firepower ND had stockpiled through the whole 1up "war".

How much res did you have? 100 mill + of each resource? Call me crasy but maybe those resources would be better used as ships defending and attacking...
The facts are thus: to run a effective campaign on 1up, you preferably need to avoid 6:10; their demise depends purely on the demise of 1up itself. If I spend my resources, I jump to such a massive value, I can hit hardly anyone outside of that galaxy. So I'm unable to spend, because if I do so I can't attack anyone outside of there.

My view is that it would be pointless building a fleet that wouldn't be able to hit anyone in particular, hence I didn't spend and saved it for a later date.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 15:27   #136
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

There's nothing wrong with saving res. The main reason I did it was as a fallback for defence, and not so that I could attack smaller targets. And it worked, too. Would you rather I spent all my res and then got hit in my weak spot (say I dont build enough anti-bs) and draw up ally def? Of course you would, you're my enemies! But it's better for ND that I save those res, spend them as I need them, and use the resulting def fleets for ND when I'm not using them. Makes sense to me and not a single ND member complained about it.

On top of that, Chika himself explained to me that many people were reluctant to hit planets with large stockpiles. This meant that I could defend other people rather than have to sort out my own incs a lot of the time.

Isn't it odd how the only people complaining about stockpiles are 1up? The only ones who have something to 'lose' by us doing so?

I'm sure large 1up planets also stockpile.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 15:28   #137
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

lokken, why avoid 6:10 ?
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 15:33   #138
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
It's not avoiding 6:10. It's limiting himself to 6:10. Speaking as someone who knows lokken moderately (lol) well he's the sort to go out ****ing planets of people he doesn't like for the hell of it rather than avoid certain galaxies for any reason unless it's strategically and tactically the right approach.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 14 Sep 2005 at 15:50.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 15:35   #139
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Besides, why should he be forced to hit 6:10 repeatedly with no alliance support cos raids are elsewhere? That would get him nowhere. If anyone is gonna get defence against solo attacks, it's 6:10.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 15:43   #140
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
It's Planetarion military strategy 101.

6:10 represents a bucketload of value, much of which is in non-1up planets. This means that in addition to standard cross-defense, they can draw on a large pool of low ETA defense from other sources. As if that weren't enough, since they have huge ****off fleets, they need less defense from 1up, and thus while 6:10 looks like a ripe prize in some eyes, it's actually the worst way to try to harm 1up.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 16:43   #141
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
and they have even a galaxynap with 6:10 wich is the top galaxy.
Oh NO. A 1up friendly galaxy is napped to 1up. How horrible,

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 16:53   #142
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
It's Planetarion military strategy 101.

6:10 represents a bucketload of value, much of which is in non-1up planets. This means that in addition to standard cross-defense, they can draw on a large pool of low ETA defense from other sources. As if that weren't enough, since they have huge ****off fleets, they need less defense from 1up, and thus while 6:10 looks like a ripe prize in some eyes, it's actually the worst way to try to harm 1up.
Early on in the Conflict we were actually hoping for a hit on 6:10. That would have used up most of ND´s firepower and the cross defence plus stockpiled ressources would have covered a lot.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 17:06   #143
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

All in all i think it's fair to say that 1up is gonna win the most boring round of Planetarion, a round wich will more be known as the big bug round and that alot of alliances folded. Hmm, maybe that does take some color of Newdawns effort aswell

I just wish you hadnt made your own alliance fold

PA would have been a better place

Last edited by I am Idler; 14 Sep 2005 at 17:12.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 17:14   #144
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
I just wish you hadnt made your own alliance fold

PA would have been a better place
Oh come on. One out of two isn't bad

(love you too Kargool)
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 17:22   #145
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Who wants to change a crap opinion?
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:40   #146
fbd

fbd will become famous soon enoughfbd will become famous soon enough

* Now talking in #public
* Topic is 'Welcome to the 1up Public Channel | Defence calls --> PM Mario | | We care | http://stfu.eikern.net/?name=1up - we <3 you too PA community | http://home.no/ullabulla/cpn.jpg <- ND Celebrating the roiding of a 1up planet'
* Set by zzzzhil on Tue Sep 13 00:44:32

Is the second link arrogant? Maybe, but it is certaintly not the attitude of a winner humble from their victory (see the England cricket team for lessons on how to win with more style and respect).
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:46   #147
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbd
* Now talking in #public
* Topic is 'Welcome to the 1up Public Channel | Defence calls --> PM Mario | | We care | http://stfu.eikern.net/?name=1up - we <3 you too PA community | http://home.no/ullabulla/cpn.jpg <- ND Celebrating the roiding of a 1up planet'
* Set by zzzzhil on Tue Sep 13 00:44:32

Is the second link arrogant? Maybe, but it is certaintly not the attitude of a winner humble from their victory (see the England cricket team for lessons on how to win with more style and respect).

cry me a river
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 19:00   #148
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
cry me a river
Irony. Overload.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 19:01   #149
lokken
BlueTuba

That second link sure is something to be proud of, duck.

As proud as we are about your 1up membership
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 19:04   #150
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

maybe one of these days some of you will actually get a sense of humor.....