User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Dec 2006, 18:27   #51
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I've never been a tryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
you said something along those lines before in one of these threads. maybe you were too busy playing planetarion like a gay to realise!
Really? Can you find that post? If I had seen JBG saying Yahwe was our best poster then I would have lost all respect for Jonny as a human being. I certainly would have got rid of my JonnyBGood fanclub membership card. And since said card still takes pride of place in my wallet I can only assume I missed it too.

And who we have as mods is blisfully irrelevant these days.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 18:42   #52
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On the topic of rep, could we get some kind of indicator for neutral rep. I find it rather irritating when I get grey rep with no comment as I've no idea why I've recieved it. true, this is not a major problem (you may even struggle to call it a problem at all) but iv just makes me curious what the person was thinking.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 19:38   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I said one suggestion horn!

PS There's some sort of coding problem with having grey rep showing whether it was supposed to be positive or negative. Maybe somebody could come on board and help me with coding for the forums
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 20:22   #54
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
If you want better rep then make better posts.
Better is not very descriptive. Rep is about popularity and writing things that people want to read. People will POS rep a funny post with bad grammar and spelling but a well thought out non-popular view with a single grammatical error will get neg repped to death.

Want pos rep. Find some buddies with some rep and have them give you pos rep as often as possible.

You can also not care about rep and usually end up negative.

Or you can be like me and take pride in getting as much neg rep as possible. I know that nothing ever will make my rep status go green ever again. I could give you all a million dollars and still be red. Not that that will ever happen. So I really stopped caring about getting pos rep and went the other way with it. Like that old expression "Be Good, and If you cannot be good be good at it."

That said I post when I feel the need both in replying and making new threads. As much as the neg reppers have tried to run me off I am still here as intermittant as ever.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 20:24   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You are a shit poster though travler.
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 20:55   #56
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Better is not very descriptive. Rep is about popularity and writing things that people want to read.
Well obviously an element of rep is about writing things that people want to read, that's a truism. I want to read funny, interesting things. And so yeah, I pos-rep them. I suppose I should be ashamed of that? Likewise popularity is based on how good your posts have been historically so that's probably true too.

But it's not about people just voting for whoever agrees with them. There's no way of measuring, but I'd guess that in my top 10 most pos-repped posters are Nodrog, Tactictus and JBG. All three of them are rightist libertarians whose ethical stance on certain issues I find pretty much disgusting. But their posting style means I still give them rep - I can respect a good argument even if I disagree with it.

Conversely GK Zhukov receives a certain degree of neg rep from me despite the fact we are both (formally at least) of the same political orientation. Why? Because his posts sometimes get on my nerves.

But you can ignore all that and return to the vast, atheistic conspiracy that's undoubtedly plotting against you.
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 23:09   #57
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

sup
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 17:32   #58
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At the time, he was probably right.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:42   #59
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
you may hand your jbg fan club cards in at the desk on the way out.
Consider it duly burned!*

edit : Since I know you care about this sort of thing I'd pos-rep you for finding the post but I can't. Sorry.

*edit2 : Do I mean burnt? Jesus Christ my grammar is shit.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 19:05   #60
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
so your enigmatic pro anonymous neg rep stance becomes clear...
How is it enigmatic? I've written literally hundreds (if not thousands) of words on the subject! It's probably my sixth most popular topic of posting. (After anarchism/communism, paedophilia, animal rights, intellectual property and miscegenation ).

And I pos rep small amounts of effort like that. It's partially what makes Tact and 1-X so awesome. They find links / etc when few else could be bothered.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 19:39   #61
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
*edit2 : Do I mean burnt? Jesus Christ my grammar is shit.
Either are deemed acceptable in modern-day English!
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 19:41   #62
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I don't really like rep. I don't like how it artificially arranges users into a hierachy. It would be nice if GD were a more friendly place but I think that depends on people rather than the rep system. I'd rather GD was a bit busier atm because it's has been pretty great in the past.

PS. 1-X is indeed a legend.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 20:38   #63
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

As an honest aside, are there frequent posters here who have never played Planetarion? Have people happened across these boards by chance and stayed to contribute because of the level/focus of discourse?

At the risk of negrep (!) I apologize for not having brushed up on the "Biographies" section of the recent "Who's Who in GD."
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 20:47   #64
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dda for one. not very many others i would have thought.
why?
Just curious mostly. I thought it was pretty intuitive that the activity of this forum would directly correspond with the activity of Planetarion, but a good proportion of GD posters come off as having a pretty apathetic attitude towards PA and it's future while maintaing a vested interest in the activity of this board.

can't have it both ways?
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 21:12   #65
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Quote:
i'm fairly certain that unless the PA playerbase offers to buy PA from jolt then nothing progressive will ever happen though so....
That's definitely a safe assumption, though thats a point for Planetarion Discussions instead.

I'm trying to convey that the "PA is shit, I hate it and I'm way too cool to talk to the loooosers who play PA...but why does GD have to die?" attitude that is at least somewhat prevalent in this community is counterproductive.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 23:00   #66
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
I'm trying to convey that the "PA is shit, I hate it and I'm way too cool to talk to the loooosers who play PA...but why does GD have to die?" attitude that is at least somewhat prevalent in this community is counterproductive.
I dislike the attitude some people take to new posters (especially the ones that PA players) but some of that is because said posters do not go out of their way to fit into existing posting styles (but then again, why should they?).

But horn's right, most remarks about PA are at least partially humorous. Quite a few of the GD core still play PA, and I for one remember with some fondness the game which brought me here. It would be nice if more people from AD (etc) posted here but only if they were mildly respectful for this forums tone / ettiquete / conventions (or whatever). (That makes it sound more pompous than it really is, but you know what I mean)
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 00:21   #67
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I HAD A LIFE SIZED CARDBOARD CUT-OUT.
I thought that was of your sister?