User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:23   #1
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
A big bunch of moronic and probably already-shot-down ideas \o/

I'd like to note; none of these are ideas I'm massively supporting or anything, they're just slightly modified ideas that I've heard bandied around, but the way I'd like them to be implemented.

Firstly; secondary ship targetting. If this was to be added, halve the damage to secondary targets.

Secondly; 'War', between alliances. I feel there needs to be something to stop 'teh leet' alliances bashing n00bs, and to encourage them to grow the balls to hit each other

How about a hardcoded 'relations' part of the game. NAP would throw up a warning when you attack but not stop, no particular relations would give you, say, 20% cap, whilst being at war with that alliance would give you a full 25% cap when hitting them whilst also meaning your structure bashers are skewed towards factory destruction (As they are randomly right now). Hitting some complete randomer for easy roids would only give you 15% cap, and any structure bashers would be split randomly so they don't lose all their factories.

Sure, some balancing factors need to be put in and so on, but it sounded good to me

Have these already been mentioned, and if so, what were the reasons for them being shot down?
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:41   #2
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A big bunch of moronic and probably already-shot-down ideas \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I'd like to note; none of these are ideas I'm massively supporting or anything, they're just slightly modified ideas that I've heard bandied around, but the way I'd like them to be implemented.
Quote:
Firstly; secondary ship targetting. If this was to be added, halve the damage to secondary targets.
This removes half the interesting things you can do with secondary targeting. In particular ships that get more effective when they've punched a through the flak.

Quote:
Secondly; 'War', between alliances. I feel there needs to be something to stop 'teh leet' alliances bashing n00bs, and to encourage them to grow the balls to hit each other
No, this isn't really needed in that sense. I do support some sort of ingame declaration of war feature though.

Quote:
How about a hardcoded 'relations' part of the game. NAP would throw up a warning when you attack but not stop, no particular relations would give you, say, 20% cap, whilst being at war with that alliance would give you a full 25% cap when hitting them whilst also meaning your structure bashers are skewed towards factory destruction (As they are randomly right now). Hitting some complete randomer for easy roids would only give you 15% cap, and any structure bashers would be split randomly so they don't lose all their factories.
Increased cap is a cool idea. Modifying structure targeting (not necessarily in the manner you describe) is also fun-sounding.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:47   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

indeed, the structure prioritising sounds interesting to me also.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 12:01   #4
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate

How about a hardcoded 'relations' part of the game. NAP would throw up a warning when you attack but not stop,

i like especially those two ideas
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 15:54   #5
SpaceLegend
(-: :-)

SpaceLegend is on a distinguished road

well, in my eyes, secondary targetting is not good.
2nd target makes planets less vulnerable, which leads to more ships needed to get roids, which makes roiding harder which is bad.

oh, and if we are at some smaller suggestions:
after fleet analysis scan, there should be an
"Advanced Fleet Analysis Scan"
which contains the alliance of the attacker.

when the masses reach that scan, most of "who is who" is known anway,
it just would be useful for confirmation :-)
R2 35:16 | R3 16:15 | R4 234:11 | R5 32:5 | R6 14:4 | R7 20:11 | R8 18:6
R9 27:10 | R9.5 11:4 | R10 10:1 | R10.5 1:6 | R11 6:5 | R12 28:3 | R13 3:9
R14 13:5 | R15 5:6 | R16 20:3 | R17 8:4 | R18 13:7 | R19 10:8 | R20 3:4
R21 15:4 | R22 4:4 | R23 7:5 | R24 12:8 | R25 11:5 | R26 11:9 | R27 1:9
R28 9:2 | R29 5:5 | R30 3:7 | R31 10:7 | R32 6:2 | R33 3:6 | R34 2:1 | R35 6:2
R36 9:2 | R37 5:6 | R38 12:1 | R39 14:8 | R40 10:6 | R41+ retired
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 16:39   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think it would be best to discuss the ideas in seperate threads.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread