User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Sep 2006, 19:41   #1
Saphi
Leo's Pwn :P

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts
Planetarion Cresent

Duont really know where this belongs, but if doesnt belong here im sure some kind Moderator will move it to where it is meant to be.

Right a bit of back ground information on teh game.

This is a game based on Mornington Crescent ... A game made famous by Im Sorry I haven't a Clue (BBC Radio4)

In this case The idea of Planetarion Crescent is to get to 1:1

if ur not sure how to play this watch and learn and feel free to join in

The whole point is there are no rules.

It was a made up game on Radio 4 where everyone made up rules on the spot and eventually someone made it to Mornington Crescent, after they felt a "suitable" time had come.

As much of the humour was in the rule names and so on as everything else. That's the whole point of the game, really.

JC - info provided by Appoco
------------------------------------------------
The answers you seek are not here

Last edited by JC; 1 Oct 2006 at 11:09.
Saphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 19:42   #2
Saphi

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts
Re: Planetarion Cresent

First move ---

I start with a bi-parallel shift into 6:5 and enoforce a no go move in C5
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 19:44   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I envoke the R16 bug of XP-Whoring to push into 5:4
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 19:54   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I object to your Round 16 bug rule - it was a feature! - and invoke the memory of Spinner to move into 133:7
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 20:13   #5
Saphi

i shunt Appoco into 200:4 for taking a holiday in Rd 18 and move to 99:9 through a star gate
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 21:09   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i think by explaining so much the point of the game has been missed
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 21:23   #7
Saphi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
i think by explaining so much the point of the game has been missed
explained what exactly its not like hitchhikers guide to pa is the rule set

neway pls feel free to make a move and pls dont criticise a fun thread
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 22:12   #8
Saphi

using P30ns rule i start a C200 loop with 200:6 --- 11:8 --- 200:18
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 00:03   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've been debating closing it, but I've been trying to work out wtf the rule are for this game or what the actual point is first.

However as JC has decided to leave it I'll leave it open for a bit and hopefully it will start to make more sense
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 02:25   #10
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

The idea is obviously to move your fleets around the Universe obeying the Genuine Fifth Season Ruleset to get your fleet to land in galaxy 1:1.

And I'm invoking the Late Starter rule and heading straight for 6:6.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 10:09   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I am a moron. I still dont understand.

But isnt the sort of thing that people get up to in the Roleplaying forum? Wouldnt that be the best place to move this thread to?

/me spawns in 1:1 and wins - further, i invoke the Law of American Foreign Policy; declaring victory, and then leaving.

/me waves
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 10:46   #12
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Right, Appoco has kindly explained the game to me and I have edited the original post to explain things.

I'm still not sure how this is going to be a fun thread but its not causing any harm and PD isnt exactly full of actiuve threads at the moment so i'm happy to let the 'fun' continue. I've cleaned up the thread a bit, if you dont understand or want to play this seemingly pointless game just dont post .

Last edited by JC; 1 Oct 2006 at 11:13.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 11:15   #13
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

I invoke random quantum particles to eject UN from 1:1, and use the convention of australian tea making to nullify american foreign policy.
I then use FTL travel to get to 6:9, obeying the laws of geriatrics.
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 11:15   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the point of the game is that it's elitist and for shits who try to use it as some sort of scale of dominion in status over others

i'd play but it's really not fun.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 13:59   #15
Saphi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
the point of the game is that it's elitist and for shits who try to use it as some sort of scale of dominion in status over others

i'd play but it's really not fun.
then jer u dont get the point of the game

and its anything bar elitest >> otherwise it would be in GD
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 15:55   #16
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

This is Saphi's worst idea yet.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote