User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Feb 2006, 16:31   #1
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society
C&C Generals question

I have had a copy of C&C Generals with Zero Hour expansion for about a week (a bit behind the times i know) and I noticed a few people on here play the game, I just wanted to ask where are the Naval units? On the intro screen there are warships and hovercraft but no option to build them in game.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 16:52   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: C&C Generals question

there arent any.

unless they are set pieces in the missions.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 17:00   #3
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
I have had a copy of C&C Generals with Zero Hour expansion for about a week (a bit behind the times i know) and I noticed a few people on here play the game, I just wanted to ask where are the Naval units? On the intro screen there are warships and hovercraft but no option to build them in game.
I don't believe they are buildable. I know one of the US missions in Zero Hour has a carrier with those jet planes on that you get to use, but the carrier itself is not a buildable unit - its a special unit only in the campaign afaik.

There is no naval combat to speak on in the main game or expansion pack.

GAME Customer Service.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 20:07   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I bought Red Alert 2 from Tesco last night as ive lost my copy somewhere. Im going to play it online again tonight with a mate. Im amazed people still play these games still.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 20:16   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

They're in the USA missions
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 20:22   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
I bought Red Alert 2 from Tesco last night as ive lost my copy somewhere. Im going to play it online again tonight with a mate. Im amazed people still play these games still.
I picked up Renegade, Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 for a tenner from Game just before Xmas.

Loads of project work was done that holiday.
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 20:28   #7
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I picked up Renegade, Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 for a tenner from Game just before Xmas.

Loads of project work was done that holiday.
I love C&C. Not as good as Broodwars, but, still a ton of fun. Zero Hour is great. I can't play very well online though because my micro blows. I just fight skirmishes against the computer when I'm bored.
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 21:08   #8
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

I'll be playing Skirmishes for a while before I humiliate myself online. I can beat most skirmish levels against hard opponents but it's a differnt kettle of fish when you get online. I'm using the Chinese at the moment, building Helix right from the off with a mixture of upgrades and using a tactic called swooping (from the old Force Commander days) and it's working wonders!

I came across this while I was on my internet travels: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...ml?sid=6092404 looks good but I suppose it will mess up online play unless your opponent has it aswell.

Last edited by PSH; 16 Feb 2006 at 21:17.
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 22:02   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

apparently you can get every C&C ever released for PC on a single DVD now for 30 quid, which im going to get when i have some money
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 22:45   #10
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
apparently you can get every C&C ever released for PC on a single DVD now for 30 quid, which im going to get when i have some money

yep

Its called Command and Conquer 1st decade, i saw a post about it some time ago.
Shud be great value for money
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 22:50   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i have never owned all the C&C games but i own generals and zero hour, still going to buy it though, and should be able to trade generals and zero hour to get it even cheaper \o/
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 17:12   #12
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

There never will be a Command And Conquer game which comes anywhere close to Tiberian Dawn with the Covert Ops expansion pack.

That game was legendary - ten years later, I still waste most of my free time playing it. Over and over again.

Anyone got a dial up modem and fancy a game! (Not that I can as I don't have a land line...)

Keep your heads up for Tiberian Twilight. EA have NOT cancelled the development of it, they've just postponed it (and ditched the current dev team...)

But still.

Fingers crossed...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 21:00   #13
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
There never will be a Command And Conquer game which comes anywhere close to Tiberian Dawn with the Covert Ops expansion pack.

That game was legendary - ten years later, I still waste most of my free time playing it. Over and over again.

Anyone got a dial up modem and fancy a game! (Not that I can as I don't have a land line...)

Keep your heads up for Tiberian Twilight. EA have NOT cancelled the development of it, they've just postponed it (and ditched the current dev team...)

But still.

Fingers crossed...
Dawn is my favourite too, it's just a real shame it doesn't have Red Alert's Skirmish mode and Map Editor. The Campaign and Covert Opts missions can get a bit repetitive over time.

Also looking forward to Twilight, I just hope it's not rushed out like Generals was. EA took the piss there, full of exploitable bugs that killed online play for months, even years in the case of the Scud Storm bug, before they got their finger out and fixed them.

Kick the Baby! - did we rock your world?
Emperor Rozenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 00:59   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

i have still never played a single C&C game online, i blame this on MrL, as the only time i played him he ****ing raped me at generals
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 12:12   #15
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Generals is like my all-time favorite online game. Yeah, some of the things on the Intro are not part of the game. Still cool though.
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 12:41   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
yep

Its called Command and Conquer 1st decade, i saw a post about it some time ago.
Shud be great value for money
Excellent, i've just ordered my copy .
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 13:17   #17
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I used to own online at generals, but after not playing it for months I kinda lost my skill

So I don't even bother playing it anymore, its just to frustrating to not be able to play at my old level
while recognizing other people's inferior tactics, and then lose

i'll just wait till the next cnc game comes out again
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 13:28   #18
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I still thing RA2 was the best online game they made tbh.

Deploy MCV. Power ->> barracks ->> refinary --> warfactory ->> refinary (sell) --> refinary (sell)

whist churning out tanks for teh rush \o/

or to defend against a rush
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 13:44   #19
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Deploy MCV. Power ->> barracks ->> refinary --> warfactory ->> refinary (sell) --> refinary (sell)

This.
RA2 was their peak, I think, before EA absorbed them fully.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 13:53   #20
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:

These are the moments you realise your getting old.. the nostalgia
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 14:09   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

RA2 was the best.

But if any of you still have a copy of the original Red Alert sitting around, go load it up because it's still amazing.
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 15:24   #22
PSH
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
RA2 was the best.

But if any of you still have a copy of the original Red Alert sitting around, go load it up because it's still amazing.
I miss tesla coils!
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 17:38   #23
JammyJim
Godfather

i spent hours and hours online in uni playing ra2.

i also aquired a multiplayer hack that allowed me to make any unit i wanted regardless of tech. I cannot explain the brilliance of launching an attack of 50 odd monkeys and cows at someone from under a gap generator and having them try to take on a large number of tanks.

its pure gold.
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 18:04   #24
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all

I found RA2 to be very one-sided in favour of the allies. I only ever played the 1.0 version, so maybe these issues got fixed, but as I recall:
  • Tesla coils suck hard, even with a few tesla troopers overcharging them. Prism towers are pure ownage by comparison.
  • Allies have a 'map hack' building, with gap generators to add insult to injury so that if your enemy scouts you, you can still hide under the shroud.
  • Mirage tanks slaughter armour like a hot knife through butter, and one-shot kill infantry too!
  • Aside from the main use, you can also use the chronosphere to dump up to 9 enemy vehicles into the water (18 if your enemy is about to use the 2 units to a square 'trick' so he can use the Iron Curtain on 18 units at once). The iron curtain can do what, kill a few infantry, not that useful. Sure it can own if you cast it on a few of your apoc tanks, but good luck doing that, the second you stick your tanks in a 3x3 square to target the with your Iron Curtain, the allied player will see them and send them for a swim. Also handy for sending soviet war miners for a little swim too.
  • Allied harvesters only need to travel one way so collect faster. The War Miner gets a pea shooter instead of the same teleport abililty.
  • Unless you make dozens of squid you're going to get owned on the water too, if you're near a coast allied carriers will own you.
  • Prism tanks make buildings dissappear in the blink of an eye.

Unread 19 Feb 2006, 18:22   #25
JammyJim
Godfather

the soviets can be devesstating if you rush early in the game. Early game they are by far the better side. The rhino tank is cheaper and more powerful than its allied counterpart.

Also the spider scuttler things are amazingly good at eating through allied tanks.
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 18:24   #26
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Allies were easy to pick up and play. The Soviets, however, needed some half-assed idea of strategy and tactics - and with that you could own the other player.
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 18:43   #27
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Quote:
the soviets can be devesstating if you rush early in the game. Early game they are by far the better side. The rhino tank is cheaper and more powerful than its allied counterpart.

Also the spider scuttler things are amazingly good at eating through allied tanks.
Could be the problem, I never got in to the whole rushing thing until C&C Generals where it's rush or be rushed and die.

Oh yeah the terrordrones, they were a nightmare until I figured that by killing my own 'infected' tanks I also took out the drones, where if you just wait the tanks die anyway and the drones jumps right into others. They still cost less than the tank they destroy I guess. Again as I recall, people used to leave a few in the ore fields, but then they're not as effective as they should be, when the allied Chronominer teleports home the drone that was in it is left behind and the miner will have fully healed by the time it gets back to the ore field. It'd have been far more damaging if they stayed inside and popped your harvester in your base and caused havok in there too.

Unread 19 Feb 2006, 19:00   #28
furball

No, they would have just been over-powered then. The trick was to keep them outside the Allies' base and let them infect the miners on their way to the ore field. Also, the miners didn't usually repair that quickly.
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 19:27   #29
JammyJim
Godfather

the best tactic was to load around 10 flak traks to the brim with them. then drive them into the base and let the flaks get blown up. as soon as they get killed the drones jump out and 'voila' you own large numbers of units. especially if you got the flak traks right next to their warfactory or a large group of allied units......
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 20:55   #30
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Dammit I just decided to install RA2 (funny, it was the only C&C game I didn't have installed already), and it crashed after a few seconds each time the map loaded. Setting the exe to Win 98 compatibility buys me 5 minutes before it crashes. Patched to 1.06, same issue.

Any of you lot have it working on XP SP2, did you have to do anything special to get it working? Kinda annoying that C&C95, Red Alert and Tiberian Sun all work fine and are older!

Unread 20 Feb 2006, 21:05   #31
JammyJim
Godfather

alt tab out to windows
make sure that the firewall isnt blocking 'mph.exe' or something

that fixed it for me
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 21:14   #32
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

ra2 works fine on mine from install.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia