User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Jan 2006, 13:30   #1
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Powerpoint help

I've got a presentation coming up in a couple of weeks and I want to do something I saw a speaker do in one of our seminars last year.

Basically he had a slide with 4 images on it. You could see what they were but because they were crammed on to one slide you couldnt see them in all their detail. When he clicked the mouse one of them would kind of zoom out and expand in to the middle of the screen so you could see it properly, then he talked about that for a bit. Next click it zoomed back to its original place and the next one zoomed out and so on.

How do i do that? If i cant get it to work i'll just have to have a few separate slides but this would be much better for what i want to show.

If someone wants to be pedantic and move this to Tech support go ahead.
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 13:45   #2
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Powerpoint help

you could do it as follows:
Slide 1 is the zomemd out one,
2 is a closeup of pic 1
3 is a copy of 1
4 is closeup of pic 2
5 is a copy of 1
etc.

There might be a way to do it more cleverly, but by the time you've found out and done it, this would probably be quicker
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 13:50   #3
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

er, have an effect to enlarge the picture and then shrink to normal size with click next?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 13:52   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
er, have an effect to enlarge the picture and then shrink to normal size with click next?
Thats what i want but unless i'm being stupid i cant see it anywhere....?

I'ld thought about that SYMM, it is plan B.
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 14:30   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

custom animation, zoom in, on mouse click.
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 14:34   #6
JC
lolly roffle

No thats not what i want. That just keeps the pic the same size and has the effect of it zooming in to the same place instead of just appearing there.

I want the picture to expand out from the top right corner, for example, and appear enlarged in the middle of the screen.

Maybe i should just stick with something simple.
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 14:38   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
No thats not what i want. That just keeps the pic the same size and has the effect of it zooming in to the same place instead of just appearing there.
make the picture fill the screen and have it occur on mouseclick. it will be zooming in from the centre rather than the corner but still

edit: as in, use two pictures. one which is static in the corner, and a larger version which zooms on mouseclick.

edit 2: i dont have it on this PC but i seem to recall the version in office XP is better at this sort of thing.