User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Nov 2005, 13:35   #51
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: In Which I Talk About Myself (And Encourage Others To Do Likewise)

13 GCSEs, 2A*,7 A, 4C
3 A levels, A,B,C

and am a few months away from a 2:1 degree in BSc Accounting and Economics from Cardiff University.

So far for when I leave university I am applying for graduate jobs in auditing and investment banking.
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 21:26   #52
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

10 GCSEs at A*
4 A Levels, AAAB
Master of Physics first class with honours from University of Oxford (Keble College)
Currently studying charge carriers in organic semiconductors using terahertz spectrocopy in Oxford Uni's Condensed Matter Physics Dept.

Royal Acamdemy of Dancing (ballet) grades I-V
Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (piano) grades I and II (heh)
The Jitsu Foundation - 4th kyu grade (purple belt)
Cycling proficiency
Former Choral Scholar at Keble College
Up to orange ribbon swimming award (Shaw Primary School)
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 21:28   #53
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh, and once I won Count Duckula bubble bath set for a picture I did of the Queen in a yellow horse-drawn carriage at school.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 21:48   #54
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
Currently studying charge carriers in organic semiconductors using terahertz spectrocopy in Oxford Uni's Condensed Matter Physics Dept.
I'm curious, on a night out when someone asks you what you do in college would you actually say that? I think I fell asleep halfway through that sentence

Hay I haven't posted here yet, Leaving cert, 3 As maths, applied maths, english, 4 Bs physics, geography, history, french and a c in irish all at honours level. Dropped out of first year philosophy and political science in Trinity college dublin, completed first year mathematical science UCD but then dropped out again. Oh yeah and I downed a nagon of whiskey
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 21:52   #55
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Finished GCSE's: 96
Finished A'Levels: 98
Currently: 3rd year of BSc Computing (forensics) at UClan.
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 22:20   #56
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As interesting as it is reading what GCSEs and A-levels people got, I'll resist posting my own.

I did well enough to get to university.

I did well enough at university to get a job as a teacher (yes, try to contain the mirth of "well enough to become a teacher" jabs!).

etc
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 22:23   #57
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What exactly did you study at college teekay?
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 22:31   #58
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
As interesting as it is reading what GCSEs and A-levels people got, I'll resist posting my own.

I did well enough to get to university.

I did well enough at university to get a job as a teacher (yes, try to contain the mirth of "well enough to become a teacher" jabs!).

etc
It's refreshing to see that you've avoided an inferiority complex
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 23:17   #59
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I missed this thread first time round so here goes.

Biochemistry with genetics BSc from Nottingham Uni.
Applied biomolecular technology MSc from Nottingham Uni.
Currently doing a PhD at Leicester Uni. Cant remember my title because its about 4 million lines long, so i'll just say a mix of biochemistry and NMR spectroscopy.

Last edited by JC; 5 Nov 2005 at 23:22.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 23:22   #60
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Is leicester nicer than nottingham?
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 23:25   #61
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It has less gun crime, is surprisingly good for shopping and has more (indie) clubs i like. Generally though i'ld rate Nottingham higher than Leicester, especially with regards to the universities themselves. I only really came to Leicester because its the best place to do what i'm doing and they are paying me pretty well to work here.

Last edited by JC; 5 Nov 2005 at 23:38.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 23:45   #62
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't know the english terms for my diploma's or schools ive been in

But I was in lawschool last year, but it bored me so i'm in medschool now
I hoped that this would be more fun but it isn't.. its only more work
so Im thinking about continuing lawschool again

The students of both uni's seem to come from 2 completly different worlds tho
The superiority complex of the people in lawschool is hilarious.
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 23:53   #63
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Yeah hard to compare with any 'foreign' schoolsystem for me, but I did MBO (laws-economics)which I completed, 2 years HBO (social-legal service), got 84 studypoints during 1 year, including my propedeuse and went over to university to get a degree in psychology. I quitted after a little year and became a ****ing taxman.
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 23:56   #64
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio

The students of both uni's seem to come from 2 completly different worlds tho
The superiority complex of the people in lawschool is hilarious.

I noticed the same where I did psychology. The canteen of my faculty was next to the faculty of the lawstudents. A huge wall of windows seperated the two spaces. The difference between the folks was funny. At the law part people acted like they all where of some kind of royal family (generally speaking) while the psychology people was more mixed with a visible favour towards alternative and hippy-like attitude.
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 00:11   #65
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
It's refreshing to see that you've avoided an inferiority complex
hehe

i'm well aware i'll be earning less than most people my age (not right now, but in 5 years time+) in my situation, with degree etc.

i don't mind - it isn't really an inferiority complex.

better than a superiority complex though am i rite?!!?
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 12:52   #66
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Im currently doing an MSci in mathematics and a PhD in internet posting
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 13:17   #67
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
a PhD in internet posting
You're failing.
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 13:50   #68
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I missed this thread first time round so here goes.

Biochemistry with genetics BSc from Nottingham Uni.
Applied biomolecular technology MSc from Nottingham Uni.
Currently doing a PhD at Leicester Uni. Cant remember my title because its about 4 million lines long, so i'll just say a mix of biochemistry and NMR spectroscopy.
What department are you in?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 14:35   #69
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
why have so many people recently decided nod is a bad poster ?
oh, he's not bad at all, i just liked the sound of it.
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 16:12   #70
Tomkat

Quote:
It's an observation, not a decision.
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 16:15   #71
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
and what if i said i liked the sound of multiculturalism
I would agree with you, the word has a nice rhythm to it.
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 16:21   #72
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
What department are you in?
The NMR centre, which is part of Biochemistry. I'm in the new Henry Welcome building. Are you at Leicester?
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 16:40   #73
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
are you suggesting the only contribution black people can make too this country is hip hop ?
no*

*reggae
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 16:53   #74
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'd imagine some of it is simply banter. There's not really many ways you can respond to someones assertion that they are a brilliant poster (regardless whether they're joking or not).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 17:04   #75
Tomkat

Quote:
i'm guessing you realise the rather subjective nature of such an "observation".
Yes. So?

You asked "why have so many people been observing lately that nod is a shit poster?" (i doctored the words).

Well we just have. In my opinion, my observations have led me to think he's being a bit shit.

I don't understand your point.
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 17:24   #76
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Yes. So?

You asked "why have so many people been observing lately that nod is a shit poster?" (i doctored the words).

Well we just have. In my opinion, my observations have led me to think he's being a bit shit.

I don't understand your point.
Seeing as i played a part in this whole thing with an off the cuff comment, i feel it is my duty to say something, as much as it pains me.

Nod is a very good poster.

Right, im going to have a shower (not cold).