User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Sep 2006, 08:35   #1
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
More crazey stuff in the British Labour party.

I just heard on the radio that Charles Clark, the former Home Office Minister, has described Gordon Brown as a "control freak with psychological issues." I immediately burst out laughing; I thought to myself, just when things could n`t get worse for the Labour party; they just did. This, for some strange reason reminded me of the Sci-fi film "Alien", where at the end you think it`s all over, but no, the alien has sneaked inside the escape capsule haha. Then one thought leads on to another "In the labour Party, no one can hear you scream!!"

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 12:14   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: More crazey stuff in the British Labour party.

So far as I'm concerned this is a good thing. The more they tear themselves apart, the less chance there is of them being in office after the general election.
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 12:26   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Does it really matter which shitty party is in power, seeing as the are all equally useless?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 12:27   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd hope that *someone* got their act together soon. However, I don't think anyone there has a real clue how to lead and win the favour of others.
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 14:54   #5
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

If a general election were held today I would still expect Labour to win it.
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 15:02   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
If a general election were held today I would still expect Labour to win it.

Aren't The Conservatives 9 points ahead in the polls at the moment?
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 15:16   #7
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

polls = useless

what one party needs to do to win the next election is do what labour did in 97 and appeal to the groups of students who can vote at the next election for the first time...and atm the tories are the party starting to do that, labour are too preoccupied with the blair/brown saga and lib dems are just vanishing under menzies campbell

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 15:18   #8
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hopefully the SLP will do ok in the north in 09.

unlikely though.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 15:58   #9
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I don`t feel like voting for Labour if Gordon Brown is Leader. Maybe it`s time to start voting Monster raving looney party

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 16:18   #10
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Aren't The Conservatives 9 points ahead in the polls at the moment?
Same party though, aren't they
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 18:41   #11
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline
polls = useless

what one party needs to do to win the next election is do what labour did in 97 and appeal to the groups of students who can vote at the next election for the first time...and atm the tories are the party starting to do that, labour are too preoccupied with the blair/brown saga and lib dems are just vanishing under menzies campbell
I don't think that's what happened in '97 at all (it was more the women/disillusioned middle england voting for young beaming Blair). I think the same is true today - the unpartisan middle ground is the target for all three parties, though students are becoming a more powerful sector of the electorate, perhaps.
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 00:54   #12
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I'd hope that *someone* got their act together soon. However, I don't think anyone there has a real clue how to lead and win the favour of others.
Yer, seems pretty damning at the moment... A bunch of idiots who all want their voice to be the loudest, rather than the most influential. I think the only person in government at the moment who I mildly respect is David Miliband, incidentally he's also the one I'd put dibs on to be the leader after Brown does terribly at running a government full of resentful Blairites and/or loses an election. Don't particularly agree with his ideological stance, which isn't very clear when one considers he's a member of the Blair government and is therefore inclined to tow the party line, but I think he's Labour's best chance at getting a decent Prime Minister to follow Blair.

What I'm looking forward to is Brown announcing the changes he's going to, or 'would', implement once in control. I have a feeling most of it will be related to constitutional matters like finishing off the House of Lords etc, but it'll be interesting seeing in which areas he really disagreed with Blair's approach. He'll have to do something big anyway if he hopes to heal the party and turn the polls around by 2009/10 - I reckon pulling the troops out of Iraq will be one of the first steps he takes.
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 01:10   #13
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

nadval you little bitch where you been hiding! you going york or oxford then dude
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 01:34   #14
Welshy

Welshy has a spectacular aura aboutWelshy has a spectacular aura aboutWelshy has a spectacular aura about

I'm still hoping they'll bring in a "none of the above" box for the next elections. I refuse to vote because the candidates in my area are total arse****s and I resent having to vote for the candidate I despise the least.

I did briefly work in the "electoral role" department of the local council and aparantly it's been on the cards for some time - but I think they'd rather skirt the issue than prove that all these people who are "too lazy to vote" are just against the terrible selection of people there are to vote for.
Welshy is offline   Reply With Quote