User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 May 2006, 17:09   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Games] For those of you waiting for Supreme Commander

You probably want to see this. Apart from the first 20 seconds or so (with the giant mech thingy) it's all ingame footage. It looks, frankly, brilliant.

The link above is a 300k video stream unless you have a GameSpot account. A much higher res 300MB quicktime file is available here, although personally I think quicktime is all but useless as the free version won't even go full screen. You could probably play it in VLC or similar though.
Unread 25 May 2006, 17:23   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [Games] For those of you waiting for Supreme Commander

and while you wait you probably want to play this (open source full 3D deformable terrain TA remake with online service innit)

(pm the enby or catch me on there for help getting started)
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 25 May 2006, 18:18   #3
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

That looks cool.

I want to know what the blue army's equivalent of the spidery-laser thing is, though.
Unread 25 May 2006, 18:52   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I just dread to think of the system requirements for the thing.
With that many units in play and multiple fronts, flanks and counter-flanks that's a whole lot of processing - and that's before you even consider the graphics. Eep.
Unread 25 May 2006, 18:53   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

to be fair, ta spring games regularly hit 3k+ units (if not more) and manage, with amateur coders. SupCom i should think will manage
Unread 25 May 2006, 21:17   #6
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Unfortunately Generals made me lose interest in real time strategy.

I've never really been a fan of 3D RTS's either, I'm more of an original C&C and AoE. Mind AoEIII was pretty damned decent.

Hopefully, this will change me back as I did enjoy them.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 21:30   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

One of the things that i like about spring is that you can play it how you want, just set the view to topdown for 2dness, or pop into a bot and control it for full on 3d action
Unread 25 May 2006, 22:46   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'm eagerly awaiting the port of Spring to Linux
Unread 26 May 2006, 01:43   #9
Moled
careface ;[

Moled is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
no need to wait
Moled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 10:10   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
questionmark

its had a linux port since it was made, iirc.
Unread 26 May 2006, 10:29   #11
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That vid reminds me of some particularly awesome recordings of Total Annihilation games I still have from ages past.

It looks much prettier to be sure. I can envisage bigger battles with far more units if Chris Taylor is thinking in terms of the TA scale. Gamers like Picard0h (ex #1 ranked TA player) used to frequently churn out well over five hundred units in any given battle, multitasking perhaps twenty or thirty factories to constantly supply his fronts. Games on that sort of scale sometimes took us hours to play though and would usualy end with him launching waves of lagged nukes past my missle shield.

I'm really looking forward to repeating those halcyon days. Hopefully Supcom will give us a chance to rehash some of it.
Unread 27 May 2006, 13:47   #12
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

that looks so awsome, but ya those of us with decrepid pcs will suffer methinks, having said that i was able to run doom 3 with all the effects on high smoothly (640 or 800 res it was tho )

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote