User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Aug 2007, 06:11   #1
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future
Round 23 changes?

Got a few questions about some of the changes this round, and some small fixes that would be nice to have done before ticks start. I idled in #support for about 48 hours, and nobody got back to me, so I figured I'd post them here. Perhaps if other people have comments/etc. about some *small* changes they'd like to see done, they can post a reply.

Whats the purpose of the 72-to-48 hour wait time between alliances change?

Why hasn't the mid-round change from last round (a 70-member tag without limits on the last 10 members) been changed?*

Can we get the []'d center-tag fixed for the gal overview (default skin wasn't working last round and I was told it'd be fixed this round if anything)?

* Whereas this wasn't in initial game mechanics of the round 22, and therefore nobody thought to exploit it, it is in the game mechanics of round 23 from the start, so it wouldn't suprise me in the least if an alliance choose to hide score out of tag and add/swap them later without penalty (since all 70 members have no limits on who can be added to tag and when, and how big). In other words, if this isn't fixed, I'm totally calling this abuse that will be used by the winning alliance.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 07:35   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Round 23 changes?

Apperantly someone convinced Appocomaster that with the score not being added by a player after he leaves an alliance the waiting time needed to be reduced.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that reasoning.
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 07:41   #3
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

One last question:

In the manual, when searching, why do I get 0 hits for the phrase "XP" (espicially when it can be found with a ctrl+f on some pages), but I get 8 hits when i search for "fat free milk" in the manual?

http://game.planetarion.com/manual.php
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 07:45   #4
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

Oh and in reguard to the "Views" column in the forum system ingame. I think Planetarion history has shown itself plenty of times, that if you make a views column avaliable for viewing, some troll is going to come along (for whom the novelty hasn't been lost) and refresh his post a million times wasting you a lot of bandwidth.
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 08:56   #5
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Apperantly someone convinced Appocomaster that with the score not being added by a player after he leaves an alliance the waiting time needed to be reduced.
That actually makes sense. The relative gain to the new alliance is lower, thus the incentive to invest resources in the new planet is lower.

That said, it's still a bunch of baloney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
Why hasn't the mid-round change from last round (a 70-member tag without limits on the last 10 members) been changed?*

* Whereas this wasn't in initial game mechanics of the round 22, and therefore nobody thought to exploit it, it is in the game mechanics of round 23 from the start, so it wouldn't suprise me in the least if an alliance choose to hide score out of tag and add/swap them later without penalty (since all 70 members have no limits on who can be added to tag and when, and how big). In other words, if this isn't fixed, I'm totally calling this abuse that will be used by the winning alliance.
This, on the other hand, is rife with self-contradiction. What you're describing was entirely possible last round and the round before, so long as one limited oneself to 10 under the max. And even so, I don't understand how this tag swapping would help an alliance considering the loss in score from moving a competitive planet out of the tag. Perhaps you'd care to clear this up for me?
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 12:43   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
One last question:

In the manual, when searching, why do I get 0 hits for the phrase "XP" (espicially when it can be found with a ctrl+f on some pages), but I get 8 hits when i search for "fat free milk" in the manual?

http://game.planetarion.com/manual.php
Looks like the search function OR's the query, and only looks at words of more than 3 letters. "the" returns 0 results, as does "a" and "an". "free" returns the same results are "fat free milk", and doubtlessly "planet experience" returns as many results as the queries "planet" and "experience" do combined.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 12:56   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

The manual is very shit, isn't it. Why did you never do anything about it when you were the support team manager, Nit?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 15:15   #8
JFK-NL
Why me

JFK-NL is an unknown quantity at this point

why did they make xan suck so mutch this round by making banshee init 5 just like pegs they realy cutted down on the attack options for xan this round
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 15:38   #9
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

then don't go xan , i'm not either this round.
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 16:13   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There is a topic for stats changes. Or 'was' rather, as you're most likely too late with your complains/whines.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote