User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 13 Aug 2006, 17:21   #1
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice
'Lo!

Hi, just surfing old links and I remembered this forum. Wondered how it was doing, (aka worth getting back into). Also wondering if anyone remembers me, as I haven't actively posted in around two years. :P

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2006, 21:44   #2
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road
Re: 'Lo!

Yeah, people don't play here anymore. Not sure why. Maybe because all the DMs abandon their threads?
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2006, 15:00   #3
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Hi Eath. Nice to see you again.
As for the forum; it's basically like Dunin Hemm says. I think there are still people around that are willing to make the effort to play, but there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to make a good a thread and keep up the DMing.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 10:20   #4
Xuat
Ephan Ser

Xuat is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember you.

and the forum is as dead as a doornail....

in a door.
Xuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 10:41   #5
[IV-CL]Zappa
grote boze rocker

[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts

the forum isn't dead, it's lurking.

btw, remember ya, wb.

Sakra says:
I know you're just an angel in disguise...
... disguised as a very evil person for that matter
[IV-CL]Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 19:37   #6
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

good to see some familiar people are still around :-)

hmm no dming huh? how bout making a movement back towards the freestyle, non-dmed threads again? those work well independantly.

Unread 18 Aug 2006, 08:44   #7
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

Sometimes, sometimes not. Either way, its nice to see your name tag again guy.
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 23:01   #8
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

welcome back, nothing worth saying that hasn't been said already.
Unread 27 Aug 2006, 03:34   #9
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

Lot of lurkers..........

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2006, 18:02   #10
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

The problem is that people are more busy nowadays.

Good Dming takes a shitload of time if there is more than four players.
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 02:39   #11
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Busy is definately the problem. We have...LIVES......as shocking as that is. Darkling and I have thought about trying to get my threads or a new thread going but right now we've just moved to an apartment, school just started for me, and we're both on the job hunt. Without the latter I only have internet access only at school. We'll try to reappear at some point but for now we're lurking with the rest.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 04:45   #12
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Aye, we're all one big happy lurking family

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 20:51   #13
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone's busy and nobody new has come, so everyone's bored of everything and can't be bothered. W00t!
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 00:02   #14
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

I'm lurking while I'm job hunting. The joys of not being a student anymore

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 23:12   #15
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Phantom has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom has a spectacular aura about

Busy???
Lives???

What are those

I wish you intelligence for luck runs out sooner than you think

I give up on death before i give up on life
and now i don't know what to do
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 22:06   #16
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

A heads up to everyone and saying hey, I have not been all that active latelty due to us moving to a new apartment that does not have the internet etc. Plus job searching so we can afford said internet, so thats the reason I have been rather detached as of late. With luck It will not be much longer before I can be checking the forums at least a few time a week.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 16:23   #17
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I remember you, too bad by the starting date of this thread is so far you probably won't see this. But hey, I'm sorrta back too, not much to do here though. I've got a job now, not just some school kid wasting time, now I'm a employe wasting company time anywho, I figure if there's even a flicker at activity I'll still find it worth checking. So uh... Hey everybody, and hello again Darkling.
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 09:02   #18
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

gawd I miss this place, we used to have some hilarious times, unfortunatly im still navy'n it up here in sunny NZ, and have no time for personal shit, let alone rp'ing, but i still keep comming back......

i never see anyone on MSN either, mostly because im never on, we all need a good chat sometime!
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 21:41   #19
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Life... I seem to remember having one of those once.

And sheeeesh; lack of DMing? Even the arena thread is dead as a doornail. Of course, with the number of people around, having that many different areas was a bit ambitious I suppose.

How long do forum accounts take to time out anway? I only seem to drop in about 3-4 times a year.
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 23:50   #20
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

Whoa, its been a long time for me as well, i was one of those dm;s that abbandoned his threads, there is always more to do oyu know?

I'd love to get bak into writing, i havent even worked on my storry for a while...

=(

Kal
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 17:13   #21
silverfox
Flirt

silverfox is an unknown quantity at this point

yup just lurking for something.... something of interest.
yawn where has every1's imagination gone??!

Not a Stalker.
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 01:09   #22
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bah, I'll just take English Language for my AS, and then I can do some creative writing without the teacher going "stfu n00b! I'm older than j00!"
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2006, 03:34   #23
MeakerSE
The one that never sleeps

MeakerSE has a spectacular aura aboutMeakerSE has a spectacular aura about

Two words:

University, Eve. ^^

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

T.S. Eliot
'The waste Land', IV
MeakerSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2006, 14:51   #24
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeakerSE
Eve. ^^
Six words:

You are as cool as me!

sp?
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 20:30   #25
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

If you've got an english teacher that can even translate that I'm worried

I briefly (very briefly admittedly) thought about doing that imagination type posting thing, then remembered I've got an exam tomorrow and haven't really looked at the subject since last year... oops.
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 00:57   #26
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Lurking is the new roleplay :-/
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 08:41   #27
Richpur
Just call me sir.

I resent that, my character is just too stealthy for your meagre skills
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 02:29   #28
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richpur
I've got an exam tomorrow and haven't really looked at the subject
...and then four more in the coming two weeks.

I wish roleplaying was back so I'd at least be wasting all my time doing something, er, 'creative'.

I also wish I was as good at learning as I am at surely and utterly doing nothing (useful) at all. Which I obviously am not.

</whine>
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 00:06   #29
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Ha! I haven't got the rest of mine until next year.

Got to agree on that though, I felt so much better wasting revision time if I knew someone or something would die in an extraordinarily messy fashion because of it.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 14:50   #30
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richpur
Got to agree on that though, I felt so much better wasting revision time if I knew someone or something would die in an extraordinarily messy fashion because of it.

Hell yeah there, bro'.

I was killing stuff in Cheeseh's thread, but he got kicked out or something something, so that kind of dumps the whole "lets DM Fluffie!" line of thinking, I guess.

I still blame Dachi though. I really, really, really, really liked his threads. A big, big, big, very big lot. Instead of just killing yourself, he'd kill others and you. In a nice way! Inspectre did that too - lets blame him too. And Lady Hawk, Rommey was the very most überly bestest-est for taking your mind of things and just dreaming away about space ships and power

I figure I left some out. I also kind of faintly realise I just summed up threads in which you never took much part?

(Ah well, this all is about me anyways )
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 18:13   #31
Guess!!!

Guess!!! is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh like I'd get anytime to do any DM'ing, I'm too busy DM'ing.

Oh and occasionally I'm lurking too...

And Foxy what happened? Your name is spelt right!!! I always remember it as being sliverfox!

Oh well seeing as I'm here anyone fancy getting hit with a 286?
(starts rolling a D20 in preparation for attack roll, and a large handful of %die for damage
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 12:32   #32
Richpur
Just call me sir.

I'd have thought FoXy was obvious when you look at her shiny "new" join date.

Just thought I'd answer that one since she isn't scheduled to post again for another 6 months

Disclaimer : This post in no way constitutes volunteering for combat related I.T. activities. Mainly due to the writer having misplaced his armoury.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 01:48   #33
silverfox
Flirt

silverfox is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm, i'll have you no now i am a house pet i am a more frequent lurker so
and yes i have a shiney shiney date (Sniff) I lost mine so careless. I should be older than you!!!

Not a Stalker.
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 21:50   #34
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Aww, but you're so cute at this age!
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 18:30   #35
[IV-CL]Zappa
grote boze rocker

[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts

she'll grow out of that soon enough...

Sakra says:
I know you're just an angel in disguise...
... disguised as a very evil person for that matter
[IV-CL]Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2006, 06:14   #36
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeakerSE
Two words:

University, Eve. ^^
Meaker? That brings me back. Zappa? Still on my ignore list. Who else...Anyone seen Drake or Silver?

Ah well, if we're being nostalgic. Ha, I was on here before I was even in high school, and now I'm going into college. Just got accepted to the University of Chicago, yay . Trying my hardest to get into Yale. So, of course, I'm surfing the internet rather then doing any real work. Haha, some things never change, don't they?
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2007, 17:41   #37
Guess!!!

Guess!!! is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox
hmmm, i'll have you no now i am a house pet i am a more frequent lurker so
and yes i have a shiney shiney date (Sniff) I lost mine so careless. I should be older than you!!!
I wonder who inherited my old login... sigh...

Anyway older then me? Well seeing as I'm a couple of months older then you in RL (if I remember right) it's only fair I'm older then you here!

Richpur you sure about the combat I.T bit? It'll only hurt whilst your conscious....
Unread 2 Jan 2007, 21:04   #38
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Lo all. Damn has it been a while... It only took me 2 tries to remember my login too

Ill roleplay some more with you all, as long as you can put your lives on hold from time to time

Ive been wanting to roleplay somewheres, so its i decided to go back to me roots.
Unread 2 Jan 2007, 21:42   #39
Huracan
El Chupacabra

Huracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the rough

The RP revival has begun!
Huracan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2007, 22:12   #40
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

Huzzah!
Unread 3 Jan 2007, 00:18   #41
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupter
Ive been wanting to roleplay somewheres, so its i decided to go back to me roots.

Nothing like your roots.
Unread 4 Jan 2007, 21:46   #42
Oysia
Lost and confused...

Oysia is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmao
Nothing like your roots.
Yeah. Good old roots. Long and twisted...

On second thought, make that very twisted.
Oysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 02:05   #43
Mad cat

I think I'll have to say that I'd settle for nothing less. More fun this way.
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 01:28   #44
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

woa! so many old names!

*does a little dance*

Unread 8 Jan 2007, 02:45   #45
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point

I just dropped in to check it out. I cant really believe this is still going. I must have been like 13 when i joined, and now Im off to uni. Ah well. It was fun.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote