User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 25 Apr 2005, 22:07   #401
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
Re: The Cleansing

ooc/ Btw, I agree with Ark and Darkling. NPCs we don't mention aren't going to hurt anything and Ark still needs to be able to NPC a ranger (or two) to get us where we need to be I'd think /ooc.

Ignoring him, Vea continues on with her little feast. She'd always been a glutton, especially when it was free. Quickly satisfling herself she moves over the edge of the table and sits down, her hands brushing the crumbs off her skirts gently. Flower petals weren't the strongest of materials but she still loved wearing them. After settling she remembers where she was and looks around, her eyes falling on the odd looking man again. She still didn't know what to think of him, but there was something about him she felt she may be able to trust. After all, he had given them all this good food. Smiling a little smile at Jachul, she waves.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 01:09   #402
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

A man hobbles towards Gark horible dismemberments impeading his movement. His approach gained Garks full attention and he did not even notice the innkeeper leave.

"You are doing WHAT little one?" The man said at Gark both angered and surprised.

"I have been sent in great haste with a message to Vicotnik. Have you a problem with this?" Gark was still uncertain if he was saying the right thing but he couldn't change his story now. Gark set him self ready for movement like a coiled spring. His inhabitions still lingered in his mind. He was not a fighter. The few scraps he had been in he had neither won or lost and the rest he had managed to avoid with the use of sharp mind and tounge.
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 18:55   #403
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Ok to make a few things clear.

I am not dumping the NPCs, why should I. It's not like they are going to slow you down (they are all physically fit) and they give you a bit of weight in the battles, making it ahrder to kill you. What is really the problem?

Jacob No you weren't given anything.

The captain seems to ponder this for a second.

-You went to Nidland you say?

He mumbles to the other guards.

-Ok, just put your weapons on the ground and we will open the gate for you.

There is commotion ontop of the wall, they are rpobably moving some people over to the huge operating equipment.

Alla else I will post as soon as I get home from my workout (trying to loose the damn belly!)
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 23:22   #404
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

*drops his sword without hesitation, the hilt on his foot*

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 16:11   #405
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

Älhjögg is about to reply when he is cut off by the high elf. He purses his lips for a second before letting the elf finish. "Quite," he says afterwards, turning back to the paper man. "Then if you are through with us, we will take our leave."
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 22:05   #406
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"Genocide..."

Jachul let the thought roll in his thoughts, while smiling a faint smile and nodding towards the little, but smiling and waving... creature. She, assuming she was a she, was cute in a way. And enjoying the meal, together with her elven friend, out of whom's backpack she had appeared. The entire group was... interesting, to say at the least.
But he, being and looking like he was now, probably was too.

"Genocide... Again..." whispered Jachul, caught in his thoughts of times long gone again. Having looked at the ground, he let his gaze wander back up, nodding. It was clear they weren't heading for him, nor did they seem particulary interested in them. "Yes, you can go whenever you like.." he said, raising his free arm and hand, softly gesturing to the door, signalling it was all ok with him if they wanted. "Don't get involved with the magician though, this time there is another Punisher coming for him."
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 23:17   #407
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Volthar finished his own merry feast with a final piece of bread, closing one eye as has before at the creatures comments. Looking at him hard and serious with his open eye, letting the closed one open slowly a faint smirk washing voer his face covering up any serious nature about him in general.
"A punisher aye that almost sounds personel to these ears dear raven, worried we are after your spoils are we?"
This would be a curious test of his reactions at least, though Volthar hoping that none of those reactions made out of anger. Turing to their chosen leader who seemed as impatiente and impulsive as always.
"Is there such a rush to leave already? are you so pressed for time that cannot partake in the hospitality of another? one would swear you have an alergy to being comfotable, or maybe you just preffer the company of wild animals and bitting insects to that of conversation and entertainment. No matter your lifestyle is none of my concern much as I may disagree with them"
His smile never waivering but his mind going over the possabilites that may result from ambigious comments.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 09:30   #408
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg slowly turns his head as the fool chatters on aimlessly, but the Kar only rewards him with a quirked eyebrow. Turning back to the paper creature, he speaks again:

"I can obviously not speak for my flighty companions, but I personally have pressing business in the East. And so, I shall go now."

Looking over to the other two, he says: "You can do as you wish; there is nothing forcing you to follow me."

And with those words, he offers a faint nod to the leader, and then turns to walk out. He prods at least one ranger to follow him and guide him out of the mountain and into Nidland.
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 10:07   #409
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

forums ate my post last night
lazy now, probably gone later
sorry
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 22:19   #410
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Vea remains seated on the edge of the table, swinging her legs back and forth. playfully, her fingers itching to do something. She watched the stuffy "leader" go, almost glad to be rid of him. This new being seemed much more interesting.
Getting an impish grin she jumps down and runs over to the odd paper man. He smiled at her after all, he had to be ncie. THe logic was a bit nieve, but even after her many yeras of life, she was still an innocent. Racing across the floor until she stodd in front of him, she looks up and smiles. Raising her arms and pointing her toes, she gets into position to start a little dance, humming a little turn with it. Remaining lost in her little world for a bit,, she twirls across the floor in front of his feet. Finally finishing she takes a little curtsy and steps back and looks up at him.
"My thanks for my tasty food." She grins thinking about it before continuing., glancing toward the direction of the exit. "You seem more interesting. I think I'll stay with you. Anything has to be more fun than that stuffy man." She turns again sticking out her tongue toward the exit.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 1 May 2005, 12:34   #411
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
Hewitt The dragoness smiles, showing off her two foot long teeth.

She climbs slightly, heading for a a mountaintop, still many miles away. It seems to be covered in naked, grey and black trees.

-We are soon to reach them my friend.

As you close in you can feel the sensation of someone watching you and a second later you understand that the watcher is above you.

The newcomer is a dargon, maybe half your age, and considerably smaller who carries a rider in a saddle. The rider has a tail, but you can't see anything else, since it is covered in armour...scales and skin from dragons...

Minutes later you reach the mountain. It has a small building on its top, with a giant entrance, aparently leading steraight into the mountain. The trees does seem completly dead and are varying in colour from darkest black to lightest grey.

By the entrance to the mountain there are two creatures, one mansized and one dragon.

The mansized is humanoid but with a tail, it doesn't have a nose, instead it has snakelike nostrils.

It greets you without making a sound.

Your companion lands elegantly, a couple of metres away from the dragon. They both bow their heads and the humanoid bows. All turn to you in anticipation....
ooc: Has the anticipation built up for long enough yet?

*Hewitt goes into a silent brooding mood for the remainder of the flight towards the dragonmasters lair. He throws the odd glance up at the youngling that seems well content carrying the being wearing his brethrens skin as if it was some kind of expensive fur coat to be displayed proudly. It disgusted Hewitt immensely but for some reason his new companion seemed well comfortable with it all. How is that possible? Have my kind really fallen that far from grace? Hewitt keeps his thoughts to himself for now however, not wanting to jump to too many conclusions without actually getting a full grasp of this so called order first... although so far he wasn't very impressed.

Hewitt gets a sense of foreboding as he looks down upon their destination. The dead or dying trees surrounding the enterance of the isolated structure aren't exactly very welcoming afterall. With a few masterful backstrokes, Hewitt slows down in mid air and quietly drops down on the small outcrop were a manling sized being and supposedly one of the pet brethren stand waiting. He simply nods his head when the snake-like manling greets him, keeping his expression neutral. He watches as the dragoness lands and as they all bow before turning to them with multiple looks of anticipation.*

This is it I guess...

*Hewitt clears his throat but keeps his expression neutral and does not bow. No point them thinking I can be so easily subjugated.*

"I am Hewittruaxas. I have come here to find answers. You will take me to your leader who will give me these answers. That is all."

*Hewitt waits to be lead to the dragon 'master' ruler, expression still neutral.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2005, 19:29   #412
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Ok to make a few things clear.

I am not dumping the NPCs, why should I. It's not like they are going to slow you down (they are all physically fit) and they give you a bit of weight in the battles, making it ahrder to kill you. What is really the problem?

Jacob No you weren't given anything.

The captain seems to ponder this for a second.

-You went to Nidland you say?

He mumbles to the other guards.

-Ok, just put your weapons on the ground and we will open the gate for you.

There is commotion ontop of the wall, they are rpobably moving some people over to the huge operating equipment.

Alla else I will post as soon as I get home from my workout (trying to loose the damn belly!)
did you get lost on the way back from getting a work-out?

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 10:20   #413
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Personal..." he repeated softly. "You could say that," he continued, still speaking softly, "he destroyed my kingdom... I will..." Jachul paused for a moment. "I will destroy him." Watching the little creature approach him and perform a little dance, apparantly to thank him for the meal he offered, he smiled again, a bit stronger this time. He raised his shoulders at the same time, as if to indiciate it was nothing really.

The leader of the 'expidition' left, anxious to continue on. Jachul returned the faint nod, while looking down at the little female again, who had uttered her desire to stay with him. Bending over and picking her up with his free hand, he held her in front of him, closer so he could look at her better. She didn't look.... strong. So he started talking to her, trying not to talk too loud, since she was after all small and now closer to him. "A journey filled with nothing but desire to slaughter a man and anyone or anything that stands between him and me... Surely that is no place for a creature as small and gentle as you?"

// ooc sorry for the late and maybe incoherent post :\ ooc //
Unread 2 May 2005, 12:25   #414
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Volthar stayed silent for the most aprt watching vea perfom a little dance and their rather infelxible leader leaving with haste.
"You just cannot reason with some people"
Slumping his shoulders ever so slighty before his attention is perked again at Vea proposal, closing one eye and tilting his head before scrunching up his lips. Letting a huff out and a shoudler shrug moments later.
"Trust one who has more experience with one such as she, once Vea has decided on somthing there is little that can be done to change her mind. I tried once the results where not what I expected "
Unread 2 May 2005, 14:11   #415
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Jachul looks at Volthar as he finishes with speaking. "Even if there might be little to be done to change her mind, should it mean I should just allow for an innocent creature such as her to be endangered? My quest will most likely end my existence, well before I end my quest, still this does not mean she should be endangered."
Unread 2 May 2005, 14:42   #416
Darkling

Volthars face turing rather stern and serious, looking at Jachul straight on
"What defines us in life and death are the choices we make to inbetween, in so doing we forge our own paths through life follwing only an unfinished play. Maybe not everyone knows what they want or why they are doing it but they make decsions of a sort and have a strength of their own. Others may know what they want and decide otherwise though the wants may change. Tthere are more but I wont bore you, the important thing is everyone takes responsibilty for their own actions and theirs alone, it is not your place to question her actionsion and neither is it mine, it is hers alone if she wants to come she will come"
A somber grim expression the only comfort he could offer right now, letting out a held breath unable to do little in regards as sounding convincing in this case. This was one his ideals of life after all he did not expect everyone to understand it, a small smirk raising on the corners of his mouth.
"Besides she is not as innocent as you think, why do think I am carefull of my supplies she has sticky fingers if you get my meaning"
Unread 2 May 2005, 17:11   #417
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"I see." replied Jachul, eyeing the little creature once more. "I guess you are right, it is her own choice." He turns towards the table and sits down. He was still quite hungry, with this meal having been interrupted in it's very beginning by these 'visitors'. Putting his sword besides him, he reaches out and starts eating - much and fast.
Unread 2 May 2005, 21:18   #418
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Nibimacarion Indeed I did, I have only just found the way back home

The "wall" is a mere fence but the point is valid, tough no guards

You hover for a second and then land, soft as ever. The pegasus looks around, nostrils flaring.

You can see at least six people from were you sit, two of them are armed and another one seem to be carrying a net. They are all positively staring at you. Nobody moves.

The wind is stroking your skin lightly, the wind is blowing from the sea, carrying it's salty flavour.

Jacob The gate opens up, just a tad so that you have enough room to make your way in.

"That's ok, you cn bring your sword"

The captain doesn't seem all that scared now.

-So is it urgent?

Tirakcity- Jachul, Vea, Volthar The tiraks smile, content that you like the food, aparently not understanding that meat can be too rare.

After a few seconds however there is a vibration. The moment later you hear a huge explosion.

And then chaos.

Tirakcity- Älhjögg You take your elave and the two rangers guide you out towards the exit, but before you can leave the main cavern you hear an enormous explosion and smoke pours out, in the other side of the city, in the eastern part. The smoke seems to bellowing out of a tunnel.

The rangers stare at you in panic. Kalthas shouts something resembling "gasleak" but you are not sure of what he meant.

What do you do?

Hewitt I will deal with you later!
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 2 May 2005, 21:25   #419
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
*hopping his sword up, and sliding it into the scabbard in a smooth move, Jacob squeezes trough the gate, eyeing the captain.

relatively... Vicotnik's armies are underway...

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 2 May 2005, 21:36   #420
Darkling

"Not that I am an expert on such things you understand, but there sounds as though there is trouble happening"
reaching back to his blade instintivly feeling the grip of its long hilt, it was a cumbersome weapon to carry around but made an effective blade in use.
"Mayhaps it would be best to see what all the panic is about or find one your servants to do it for you"
Unread 2 May 2005, 21:38   #421
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion looked around the 'crowd' that had gathered, then slowly stepped off his pegasus, patting the pegasus on its neck and whispering at it, telling it it's okay.

"Is this your way of greeting a traveller? I've come from the eastern borderns of Hynsolge to visit this city, it's late and if it's possible, I'm looking for an inn."

Nibimacarion looked around again, standing directly in front of the pegasus's right wing, which it had only partially folded. It looked nervous, far more so then normal.

Unread 2 May 2005, 22:27   #422
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Vea remains quiet while Volthar defends her choice, giggling a little at his mention of the last time he tried to change her mind. She had had so much fun playing tricks on him until he submitted. She waited patiently, she knew what she was in more, she had seen death, she had seen war, she wasn't innocent, just optomistic and bubbly. Jumping down from Jochul's hand as the matter was settled. She reached the floor and began wandering until the loud explosion. Racing back to Volthar for shelter, knowing she'd be no match for the chaos of people running about. Tugging at his trouser leg to get his attention to put her in safety.

Unread 2 May 2005, 22:47   #423
Darkling

Feeling a slight tug Volthar looks down nodding his head.
"This what happens when wander off"
Reaching down so that she could climb onto his hand as he waited for Jachuls responce
Unread 2 May 2005, 23:03   #424
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

(sorry if the post isn't coherrent or something. bit of booze in ol' fluffies body)
(i had a thought concerning the npc's btw. the two rangers are gone with dunim, right? what about them others? i think i'll feel awkward somehow, with poeple dragging along, not saying anything and really only acting as cannon fodder. i say, they should fall in love with tiraks. surely they can't be that ugly )

Jachul stands up, a hump of meat still in one hand, a bottle of some most likely alcoholic beverage still in the other. He looks at his two guests, the little female creature already being 'saved' by the elf. He raises his shoulders, taking an hungry bite out of the meat. He didn't know what was going on here. Maybe he should tell them.

He did. "I just woke up from being dead for who knows how long and sort of took over leadership by mutilating the tiraks' leader's wrist. Don't look at me if you want to know what was going on." He chewed and swallowed, bringing the drink to his lips and eagerly drinking it; who knew, this might be the last he would have in a while - again. He was sure he spilled something, but it didn't matter. He took another bite at his meat, not at all caring how rare or not rare it was, just chewing and eating. He had gone too long without it, he would cherish every little bit he could get no.

But still. This whole explosion thing going on unsettled him. He let go of his food and grabbed his blade, storming outside, the bottle of wine still in hand. The others were kind of right, they should find out what was going on...
Unread 2 May 2005, 23:21   #425
Darkling

Fulling picking up Vea so she could ride on his shoudlers or hide in his backpack whatever she felt like doing right now, Volthar shrugs the comments off about death as though it where a normal covnersation topic.
"Aye I suppsoe waking up from death would leave you little grogy and out of place, like having suffering the side effects of fine wine the morning after I suppose. Though it has been a while since I have been able to indulge in such activites, that was when I was back home and we would host some grand celebrations of good food and good drink for noble and merchant alike"
Watching as Jachul seemed in a hurry to finish his food, and rush out of the tent, Volthar shrugging to himself lighty.
"Guess thats means we go and check it out then, to the adventure we travel I hope at least anyway"
Follwoing at a slower rate behind Jachul steadly walking towards the source of the disturbance, dropping his blade from the side of his pack. Gripping its long hilt tightly as it rests down at his side, looking out of place with his clothing and placid expression.
"Just a warning if a fight starts I might have drop the pack its a little heavier than normal with all the supplies so try not to get hurt now"
Unread 3 May 2005, 05:24   #426
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

ooc am i missing somehting?
Unread 3 May 2005, 11:07   #427
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

// ooc i think Ärk has just forgotten to DM you ooc //
Unread 3 May 2005, 19:16   #428
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg turns as the explosion resounds throughout the cavern, squinting at the motion in the distance. As the Kalthas says "Gas leak!" Älhjögg first thinks of leaving the complex as soon as possible. What with the explosion the while cavern is in risk of collapsing and he ows the freaks of this place no favours.
But the rangers. With a roll of his eyes Älhjögg guesses that they just have to be goody-two shoes, and he's going to need them.

"Alright; lets head over there and see what needs doing. Hurry up," he says annoyedly.
Unread 5 May 2005, 22:20   #429
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Kal'Rek you are not, I just missed putting you down next to Hewitts name, sorry mate.

And Fluff hush now! He doesn't know that I am a blind man with a bad memory!

The manling smiles, at least you think so, his face is strange, a mixture of that of a reptile and a human. He nods, showing his respect.

"Hewittruaxas, I have heard that name, many years ago, tough sadly I cannot place it, you must forgive me oh lord of the skies"

He turns to the dragon who sat there waiting with him.

"Have you heard the name before?"

The dragon looks at you, it's eyes fixed on you. It is not old, it still hasn't reached maturity, tough older than most humans

"No, friend, no I haven't, maybe master Moon has"

The manling turns back to you

"You arrive in the company of a trusted friend and therefor I will lead you to my master, please make sure that you don't step on the convicts"'

He leads you to the entrance, past the trees

Your companion lies down on the hot rock, enjoying the sun

"I will be here when you return Hewittruaxas"

Gark

"Problem! I hate you halflings! half animal, half man! Your pathetic excuse for a God could never decide what he wanted to he created something half and half!"

The mans spit is raining down on you

"Do you see my wounds halfling! I got them in the east, fighting for Nidlands allies!"

The man seems both proud and sad

"Fifteen years I fought, and where were your kind then? On THEIR side, that's it!"

Now the rain is a waterfall

"Damn mercenaries, all of you!"

He looks like he is either going to have an heartattack or kill you, or both
Unread 7 May 2005, 02:24   #430
Kal'rek

Quote:
Gark

"Problem! I hate you halflings! half animal, half man! Your pathetic excuse for a God could never decide what he wanted to he created something half and half!"

The mans spit is raining down on you

"Do you see my wounds halfling! I got them in the east, fighting for Nidlands allies!"

The man seems both proud and sad

"Fifteen years I fought, and where were your kind then? On THEIR side, that's it!"

Now the rain is a waterfall

"Damn mercenaries, all of you!"

He looks like he is either going to have an heartattack or kill you, or both
OOC/thanks ark! /ooc

Gark cringed as the spittle rained down upon him and the fear leaped back into his head and immobilised him.

I have to maintain my composure. Gark thought as fear caught in his throat and stopped him from talking. He took a deep breath and made to wipe some of the wounded mans spit from his face. Then, surprisingly coolly, he said,

"You may not realise but I was NOT on their side. At that point I had not even chosen a side. Now I suggest you calm down before you strain something or do something that you may regret. Or force me too. It has been a long journey from the mountains and I do carry an important message for Vicotnik. And I'm sure that you fought well, and bravely for those 15 long years and I'm also sure that I regret not being able to fight along side some one that has such a ferocious hatered for his enemy."

The fear came back as he looked into the mans eyes. He could see movement in his periferal as he kept his eyes staring at the man. He had to still a shiver of fear from running through him.
Unread 7 May 2005, 12:19   #431
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
And Fluff hush now! He doesn't know that I am a blind man with a bad memory!

sorry

//

Jachul looks around, not at all understanding or knowing what is going on. Stopping with his storming run and waiting for Volthar, he looks at him with a puzzled expression. "I take it you have no clue on what's going on either?" he says, his tone slightly tired and weary - this had not been his day so far.
Unread 16 May 2005, 13:02   #432
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

FINALLY!!!! I am so sorry for the delay and I do hope you still love me.

Hewitt I messed up with the code last time around, you have had your reply, sorry. Hope you saw it

Tirakcity You all head in the direction of the explosion, along with most of the tiraks. They all seem concerned and then the tirak next to Jachul falls, the shaft of an arrow sticking out of his foreahead, the next moment the air is full with arrows and the tiraks run in all directions, almost knocking you over. Four of the warriors gathers around Jachul and Volthar

"What to do master?"

Älhjögg and the rangers are a bit further ahead, since they had a headstart on the others and you can see one of the archers, clad in the uniform of Nidland, complete with a turban on the head and the armoured fist of Vicotnik over their chest. They are firing their arrows at the fleeing tiraks, and advance in a orderly fashion.

Gark The man hesitates, some sanity creeps into his eyes but it dissapears quickly as he continues to shout:

"Just go to bed little one"

Then he leans in an adds, almost whispering:

"I'm not gonna sleep tonight, are you?"

Nibimacarion

The people seem utterly surprised.

One man, an older gentleman with greyish beard steps up

"An INN?" He smiles

"Does this look like a place wich people are passing by on their way to the market?"

Jacob "What!" No!

The messenger you saved starts to explain the situation, but you can't shake the feeling that it is already too late.

Suddenly there is a flickering light in a house nearby and the door is swung open. A man, dressed in a nightgown runs out, straight at you....
Unread 16 May 2005, 15:41   #433
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hewitt I messed up with the code last time around, you have had your reply, sorry. Hope you saw it
ooc: Yeah I saw it, I was just being a lazy bugger again

*Hewitt simply nods at the snake-like manling, acknowledging him before turning towards the large opening that lead into the lair of this secretive society. He moved forward into the dark gloom with a thoughful look on his face as he pondered over the small exchange that had been prompted by his introduction...*

Lord of the skies eh? Well at least that strange manling had the manner to address me proper unlike those other manlings... but having heard of my name? Hmm... What have I done that has warranted some recognition be it one of distant memory? This is something I need to consider when talking to this 'master' moon...

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 16 May 2005, 22:14   #434
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Upon seeing the arrows fly through the air and into the throng of tiraks, Älhjögg halts his troupe and orders one of the rangers to scout ahead. The word soon reaches him about teh soldiers, and they all advance to hide behind a fallen boulder from where Älhjögg can peer around at the enemy.

/OOC: You forgot to say how many archers and soldiers there are. /OOC
Unread 16 May 2005, 22:36   #435
flapjack
crashed computer

"Well, I suppose you don't exactly get visitors here every day, I assume that also means that there's no inn here. In that case, is there an inn close by, say, an hour walking or less? I should be able to make that before nightfall and return in the morning."

Unread 16 May 2005, 22:38   #436
Darkling

Reaching back tugging on the hilt of blade gripping it tighly within one hand, bringing it around in a controlled spin making sure to avoid Jachul. Volthars face turning to a sharp snarl for a few breif seconds. Tightening his grip on the hilt till his knuckles turned white, slamming the blade into the ground.
"I suggets you organise your warriors into teams and spread them as far out as you can, the priority here is to repel the archers first then deal with the wounded. If you have any archers or ranger warriors yourself I suggest you put them to use before we all have more holes in use than we should. Any cover that can be use should be used"
Taking a tight grip of the hilt of his blade once more, pulling it free the ground deftly to grip it two handed his body slightly crouched.
"Plus any cover we could get ourself would be usefull"
Volthar grinning smile beaming once more, closing one of his eyes fully looking of into the distance at the archers.
Unread 16 May 2005, 23:15   #437
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Inside, he was screaming. Leaning away slightly from Volthar as the man drew his blade, he looked back and let him say his say. In return, his face went from already unhappy looking to severly pissed off and when he spoke, his bad mood lingered in his words, the tone and volume. "I don't know, alright?" Pulling of an equally impressive and probably not really purposefull move with his weapon, he looks around him and then back at Volthar. "I don't know because I woke up from the dead." He takes in a deep breath, looking around again. There didn't seem to be much tirak warriors present at the moment. "So I suggest you fight." And with that, he turns his attention away from Volthar for the moment and turns it towards the four tirak warriors. "Gather your warriors and then attack. And be fast. Now go!" And with that, Jachul finally turned his attention in front of him, towards the advancing soldiers. Nodding one last time at Volthar, he starts sprinting forward, trying to run from cover to cover in order to prevent getting hit with arrows. And in a stroke of boldness, he holds his blade in front of him, flat side forward. It seemed like a good idea, trying to use the blade to stop arrows, like an insanely small shield.

Oh yes and mostly oh no. This was not his day. Maybe it would've been better staying dead. He had died before and this kind of fueled him. Less fear, more anger. Vicotnik still had his Punisher to meet...

Looking ahead, he tried to count the total amount of soldiers and how their formation looked like. Then he saw Älhjögg and decided that forming up with a warrior like him might be a good idea. So, Jachul runs towards the boulder the champion is taking cover behind..
Unread 16 May 2005, 23:55   #438
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Vea looks up at the commotion with fear in her eyes, in shock for a moment at this unexpected intrusion. Recovering herself she leans toward Volthar's ear.
" Put me behind some cover. I'll do my best to create some distractions for the rest of you. "

Unread 17 May 2005, 00:14   #439
Darkling

NArrowing his open eyes slowly as Jachul run off nodding his head needlesly.
"Really some people dont seem to handle pressure to well do they?"
Expecting no answer back but hearing Vea speak more paniced than normal, listening intently maybe now was no time for games.
"Right keep moving though if figure out the secret to it thenw ehave problems, try to make like avoiding the arrows, dance whatever you want to do"
Reaching for the straps slanting his body downwards to let the on fall of with ease, grabing the other after switching hands hlding his blade. Sliding the whole pack behind some fallen body of one of those creatures.
"Dont get killed now"
shouting in a booming louder than normal, running of at a high speed the blade held in both hands tightly weaving his way under whatever cover around. Mkaing a few random spins or slides here and there scuffing the bottom of his trousers agaisnt the caverns dirt ridden floor.
"great now I will have give these a wash as well after this"
Mumbling quitly to himself whsilt Volthar peeked out from high debrie
Unread 17 May 2005, 01:01   #440
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Vea takes a position so she's still hidden but can see the on coming soldiers. Concentrating intently she delves into her small amount of magical ability. Her eyes daze out for a minute as her mind forms an image of herself, larger, more human, real. The image set, her eyes fly open as her image appears behind a crevice, hiding the initial appearance. The image is a average height human female wearing clothes the same color as Vea's but appears to be made of cloth not flora. Vea reaches down to pull her dagger from her ankle sheath as the image does the same, pulling out a large dagger. Vea continues to concentrate while watching Volthar intently, waiting for the right moment to let lose her distraction.

Unread 17 May 2005, 10:00   #441
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

now what....

turning to the man and examining his behaviour, Jacob calculates and reasons the most likely intentions, tand waits, calmly, to see how things evolve further, adressing the captain again

"can we please go see the king now? I think he'd like to know, and I'd like to see my reward..."

Unread 17 May 2005, 14:09   #442
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Hewitt You pass the dyting trees, and enter the mountain.

Inside it is dark, but your keen eyes and nostrils guides you without problems. You pass a few door on either side, some large, some tiny.

As you crawl deeper into the mountain you get a feeling...your scales tighten, as if you are expecting an attack, you can't help but to let the tip of your tail move slightly when you reach a giant gate.

"Not many creatures, humans nor dragons have walked through this gate mylord, fewer has left it...in the same way as they arrived. Inside is the Judge, my master, master Moon. I hope you will pay your respects."

The small manling opens it with a word, and inside is the greatest dragon you have ever laid your eyes on, it is absolutley huge, you cannot believe that it can fit in the room, let alone the tunnel leading out.

It looks old, old, almost crippled but the aura is strong, breathtaking.

The manling curls his tail around his body and bows, and steps aside, so that you can enter.

Slowly, slowly, the dragon opens an eye.

"Welcome Hewittruaxas, I see that you have returned"

Your heart skips a beat. He knows your name, and he seems delighted to see you.

Jacob "Ofcourse sir right this way pl..."

The captain is cut short by the running man who throws himself at your feet. There is something wrong with him, but you can't really understand what it is.

"Sir. Sir!"

The captain moves closer to you, preparing for a fight but then the man in the nightgown looks directly at him

"No need for violence Captain Kreegan, I am unarmed, you must haste to my rescue"

The captain leans closer to see who it is and then gasps

"The truthseer!"

The man dressed in a nightgown smiles faintly

"Unfortunatly it is"

He directs his eyes at you and now you can see what the rpoblem was. He is completly blind.

"Jacob the hero, Jacob the killer, Jacob the glorious savior of Melindor, is it you?"

You are perplexed

"Ofcourse it is you, well, not yet but soon it will be, now listen to me, my time is short"

The captain stares at you

"Saviour of..."

He is once again cut short by the man in the nightgown who clings to your legs, and tugs at your trousers.

"They are coming for me, infact, they have already killed me, but you must survive, you must save Melindor! Promise me that you will flee! Promise me that you will survive!"

It is dead silent

Everone is staring at you.

Tirakcity-Älhjögg Infact, the whole post was sucky, i beg for forgiveness.

As you peak around the boulder you can see dozens of archers, move from building to building. Behind them there are soldiers, who are forming a circle around the exits. The arrows are skillfully aimed and strikes tiraks all over the place. Kalthas, the lead rangers leaps over to a nearby house draws his bow and strings it. he looks at you, wondering what to do. You know there are too many of them, but they are moving across the city too fast, is it possible to escape through the gate you entered? As you ponders your options you see someone closing in on you from behind, it is the mummylooking person from before, he seems angry.

Tirakcity- Vea, Volthar, Jachul Arrows peirces the air and the tiraks who falls all over, screaming and squelling like pigs.

Jachul moves frighteningly fast up to Älhjögg and the rangers, the four tiraki warrirs scatter to gather up their comrades and Volthar runs throught he barrage of arrows, escaping unscathed, wether it was luck or his moves that saved him cannot be said. As Vea forms her illusion, a new explosion is heard bringing dust down from the ceiling and shaking the very core of the mountain.

Nibimacarion The bearded man smils

"Tell you the truth, I don't know, you see we are not from here, we are just...passing through you see"

He exchanges a look with a man close to him and then turns to you

"We could obviously offer you to sleep here, it doesn't look like it is going to rain today does it?"
Unread 17 May 2005, 14:28   #443
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

I shall flee... if you so wish... once my pouch has been filled by the king, his armies have been mobilised, and my belt is hung with the skulls of enemies... untill that day comes, I'll survive, and fight...

Captain, wake every able man, woman, and even child, prepare for an all out war. Truthseer, how much time have we left? we must warn as many as possible, we must organise, and stand ready to defend, or at least hold off the enemy long enough for the other cities to be warned... Lives are on the line, and not just your own... help me save them

Unread 17 May 2005, 15:13   #444
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Jachul stops his sprint and kneels down behind the boulder Älhjögg was using for cover. Looking at the champion and his warriors, he knows they are quite outnumbered. The Tirak warriors were gathering for their counter-attack, but Jachul really had no idea how large their numbers were. Still sounding and looking angry, he starts to talk, mostly to Älhjögg. "The Tiraks are gathering their warriors, but I have no idea how many of them there are." He stops speaking and peeks around the boulder for a moment, once more seeing the archers and soldiers advance. "They seem to have the upper hand though..." Looking at the weapons of the champion, they seem to be made from a different material than his sword. He had been dead for a while, maybe blacksmiths discovered and created stronger materials. "Before we fight though... Will my blade be able to strike them?"
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:27   #445
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt simply stops, so stunned at the sight of one of his kin - and a truly great one at that - that he almost forgets to pay his respects. He stares for a good ten seconds before hurriedly crouching down low, forehead touching the ground with his neck fully beared in a gesture of deep respect.

What a fool I am... I expect to see a manling-like king dressed in full pomp and I come across one of the wise ones... an elder of my kin. It makes sense now... the snake-kin are the servants here, not my brethren...

Hewitt rises just as the old one is opening an eye.*

"Welcome Hewittruaxas, I see that you have returned"

*Hewitt's heart skips a beat as he is stunned for the second time in this short meeting. If dragons could go pale, Hewitt would be doing so. A million questions fly through his mind as Hewitt continues to stare blankly, his previously planned long winded speeches and demands forgotten. In the end after saying nothing for the last few moments, words begin to stutter out of Hewitt's jaw as his face takes on a look of utter bewilderment.*

"I-I do not u-understand great one... t-this is my first visit... isn't it?"

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 17 May 2005, 22:09   #446
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg looks over at Kalthas when he places himself on the roof with bow at hand. Meeting his eyes, Älhjögg shakes his head, before turning to face the newcomers.
In answer to the paper-man's question, he says, "The Nidlanders are experienced soldiers; your subjects can do nothing to stop their advance. Our best chance lies in a concentrated assault on the tunnel through which they came. Gather as many of your people as you can; we don't have time to wait."

Pulling his shield from his back to fasten it to his left arm, Älhjögg tells the remaining ranger to scout ahead and give them information about the tunnel entrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachul
"Before we fight though... Will my blade be able to strike them?"
He looks incredulously at the man as he asks about his weapon. Shrugging his shoulders, Älhjögg responds, "That depends on your skill, I suppose."
Unread 17 May 2005, 22:29   #447
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

So the warrior seemed to think his blade'd hold out. It was Jachul's skill that'd be put to the test. Maybe he had been out of practice for a good number of years, but holding the large, bronzen sword felt familiar. This was a time to be confident and fearless; in order to get out and start his quest, his search for Vicotnik. Things certainly weren't going as smooth as he had hoped for. When he had sent away the duck, Jachul had hoped to have a decent meal, get some rest and then change into clothes, instead of wearing this paper. He had hoped to gather some supplies and weapons, maybe secure a horse to travel fast. And then he'd had left, leaving the Tiraks in freedom, with the leader he had defeated before in charge.

But it wasn't to be. Looking up from the ground and at Älhjögg, he leaves his stream of thoughts. "I don't know where they are or when they will come. They aren't really my people..." He looks back, half hoping to see the tiraks appear and advance, using cover, towards his position. "...I just broke their leader's wrist and kind of received leadership." Still looking back, he lets his gaze go from the right to the left, trying to spot Tirak warriors. "I was planning on leaving soon, but I had hoped for an easier and quieter depart. Preferably without the paper." He turns around, looking back at Älhjögg and remembering one word that the champion had said before: Nidlanders. His expression goes from unhappy-angry to solely angry. "Nidlanders, you said? Vicotnik's soldiers?"
Unread 18 May 2005, 02:03   #448
Kal'rek

Insufferable man!
"Yes, I will go do bed. But not because you asked me. And to answer your question-" Gark lowered his voice until it was a violent rasp that rattled out of his clenched beak, "I will sleep safe in the knowledge that I am the 'Trecherous one' I am the evil one that dabbles with the enemy, and that for one of such a gait as I to be 'Trecherous' I must have some horrific weapons in my possesion so that I could hope to match up to the galent men which I face. You shouldn't ask me if I will sleep, you should be asking your self if you like the taste of poisen in your mouth, or the sting of a poisen dart in your neck. Sometimes a man wrecked with poisen can sink to even the levels of a Halfling with the pain of the many days it takes him to die."
Gark turned and walked briskly to his chest and slipped on top of it with his back to the wall.

Curses, I will not be able to sleep tonight! Gark kept his ears trained on the room listening for what the man would do.
Unread 23 May 2005, 21:06   #449
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Jacob "But you cannot stay here! They have already come!"

Captain Kreegan nods at you and runs off up to the gatehouse, in the meanwhile the truthséer continues to tug your robe.

"If you linger here for too long then you will face the same faith as my own, the pain will be horrendous. "

He smiles faintly

"Wise priests say that if you die under pain, you lose some of your sins, maybe that will give me a better afterlife, do you think so?"

Soon, the bells of the gatehouse starts to ring and you can hear footsteps from the soldiers who are being called to arms. Your messengerfriend takes off in the direction of the castle, to deliver the message in person. The truthseer looks you straight into the eyes.

"I have less than one turn of the glass to live, do you wish me to bring someone a message, someone in the world beyond this one?"

Suddenly the world seems even darker than a second ago

Tirakcity The arrows are well aimed and more Tiraks fall to their knees or just keels over.

Suddenly a tirak throws himself down into cover just next to the pair of you, he has a broadbladed spear in his hand and is protected by a leather hauberk. His eyes are shining with fury. He turns to Jachul

"The evil men are here to kill us, but we can get you to safety, we can probably get you all through the tunnels, and then you can avenge us, or do you think we can fight them? Your friends seems to be very able warriors"

He is very polite and speaks in a noble manner...for a tirak

Gark

The room is silent. The man is silent. He is shocked.

From a corner you can hear someone chuckling but the limping man tells him to shut up.

The night seems to be a calm one, do you go to sleep?
Unread 23 May 2005, 22:54   #450
Darkling

ooc - I am feeling all rather uncreative right now and a little more to work with would of helped so this is best I could come up with I am afraid.

Volthar looking up from his cover the situation was not looking the to good right now, a hail of arrows made it a little hard to advance anywhere. Watching as the majority of cave creatures falls under the relentless barage of raining death, Volthar trying to quickly think of a few options on how to get closer to some of archers or even just thin their numbers a little. Another explosion rocking the walls of the cavern like a clap of thunder, sending a light sprinkling of dust downwards, Volthar looking at the new element with a hint of an idea at mind crazy as it may seem.
"Whats life is you dont do anything life threatning now and then I suppose, makes for a dull one is what"
Loduly speaking to himself despite his solitary hiding spot right now, closing both eyes to take a long drawn breath. Standing up fully upright enough to grip his blade as squarly in front of him. A soft trail of sounds coming forth from his mouth, sounding more like musical notes than words.

The blades vibrating barly the genlte nature of the scene broken by harsh crasking noises as the metal is quickly swallowed by patches of grey rock, spreading beyond the reach of the blades forming in a matter of moments two open fan shaped rocks taking the shape of a makeshift sheild. A heavy rasped breathing following as Volthar gaspedat whatever air was around him, feeling a dull ache through travel its way through his muscles looking over his handiwork almost tripping over in a moment of inbalance.
"Application needs work and could be lighter, oh dear what was I thinking this will hurt come tommorow but its better than having giant pins sticking out of me, I would so hate to become some lifesize occult dol dont you agree?"
Turing his ehad as though to look somewhat behind him forgetting for the moment that Vea was further back creating distractions. shrugging of the simple lapse before quickly rushing from his cover with a fast sprint in his step towards some of the archers, taking random sidesteps and movements, angling the sword turned sheild to cover his legs and torso from any arrow fire.