User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 5 Feb 2005, 19:00   #51
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Cleansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
Fluffie, Hewitt, Flapjack I'm sorry, my time is limited, I will post your part later tonight, or maybe even tomorrow morning.

I am sorry

heh
better make it good then
Unread 5 Feb 2005, 19:23   #52
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

Älhjögg bats off the hand as the drunkard tries to grab him. Even from this distance he catches a few wiffs of the man's sour breath as he speaks. It would take someone more charismatic than this oaf to convince him to break up and leave for another conflict.

"That sounds neat," he replies, leaning away from the smelly soldier. "Maybe if you'd have something more concrete than just promises, I'd have concidered your offer."
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2005, 20:20   #53
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

OOC: ND, have you heard of paragraphs? Ah my eyes :/ /OOC

Vea glances over her shoulder at Voltar quickly and smiles. Moving her hand gently she strums her lyre a few time in turn with the flute then breaks into her dance again. Twirling across the table toward the archer, she stops and drops to one knee, bowing her head, hesitating, Her fingers quickly return to her harp again as she slowly raises her head, softly beginning to sing a little tune as she returns to her feet returning to her twirling between lyrics. As the song reaches it's end she jumps up to Voltar's shoulder again and bows.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2005, 20:22   #54
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

That was an essay paragraph. Wasn't too badly overlength, though, I think.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2005, 20:34   #55
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

but this isn't an essay, this is fun
Unread 5 Feb 2005, 20:58   #56
No Dachi

Yes but with the number of essays I'm writing these days the writing style does express itself in my "fun" writing.

Surely you've noticed how persuasive and analytical all my posts are?

Unread 6 Feb 2005, 12:08   #57
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Fluffie The simple wooden coffin that has been your home for so long sits in a stonecoffin, the lids of both coffins are lying on the floor, chucked aside. Before you, there are four men, you seem to remember seeing their race before, but you are unable to name it. They are look like they have seen a ghost, they are indeed petrified with fear, another man lies in the floor, crying.

Carved into the walls are symbols, perhaps writing. The only entrance seems to be a narrow tunnel, the door seems to have been broken down by your saviors.

Your body bends to your will as you sit up to take the room in, but it seems to do so reluctantly. Like it doesn't want to do it.

You are missing something, something important, but you do not know what, your brain is still lacking vital oxygen.

Hewitt As you make your way to the entrance, you feel it.

You are still wounded.

The broken ribs have healed, the burnt skin is restored and the trashed wing is functional once again, but something is indeed wrong inside of you.

Something dark, and everchanging like the moon. It has clouded your mind and obscured your memories, you can only remember the black flash, the ray. Behind it there is a hand, the hand that hurt you?

As you shake the feeling off you can focus on your senses, and what a world they bring you!

You have surely been asleep for at least a century, the first thing you see is a mining-colony. Not more than a mile away. You can smell the oxes they use for pulling the orecarts..you are indeed hungry!

flapjack Indeed the weather is perfect for type of occupation. As you get into the routine your mind wanders. Minutes and later hours flash by and you aproach the border. Far below you can see the inhabitants of the mountains, the dwarves are out hunting, they are clad in heavy furs and are probably looking for mountaingoat. You shrug, dwarves are not your favourite type of companion, living underground and all. You need room to stretch your wings.

You see the wall.

It is as always both intimidating and daunting. This part doesn't seem to be manned tough, the soldiers normally prefer to stay inside their towers and turrets. You can see that some windows are lit tough, it reminds you not to lose focus. This is indeed dangerous.

As you cross the border you feel distant pain. Emotional pain. You shake it of but it has you scared for a while, what could it be?

You reach the village, not an hour later. It is a small idyllic village. Cows, goats, horses and sheep are grazing the enormous plots of grassmark. To the not to distant east you see the desert, it seems to have moved further west since your last visit, as always. The goats are killing the grass.

As you land on a hill just outside of the village you see your contact. Musha. For once he is actually wearing his turban, summer is nearing it's end.

He has his scimitar at his side. He has never been armed before.

When he sees you, he starts walking towards you, with a smile on his face.

"Welcome giftbearer"
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 13:15   #58
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Vea, Voltar The archer laughs and applaudes

-Indeed indeed, I underestimated the both of you, be careful tough, when the cleansing starts he will kill you both!

Another man, originating from Hynsolge, probably archer, leans in.

-Do you really believe in fairytales mister?

The felician archer frowns

-It is no fairytale, my grandfather saw him, he saw Vicotnik just before the wall was erected. He is powerfull.

The archer does actually seem rather.. scared.
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 13:54   #59
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Nibimacarion partially folded his wings up and check his own sword was at his side, satisfied by the soft tapping of leather and the solid handle, Nibimacarion stepped towards Musha, bringing his right hand forward in order to shake Musha's as a greeting. Human habits where sometimes weird and Nibimacarion still didn't exactly see the use of shaking hands, it had something to do with showing you're unarmed, but a lot of elves where ambi-dextrous so you would really have to shake with both hands.

"It is good to be back again Musha, how has time treated you? I found some of the books you had asked for, hard to find even in Hynsolge."

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 15:49   #60
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

taking the archers comment under thought if it did bother him there was no sign of it.
"perhaps there are stories of good deads and stories or with sad endings, besides there is more than one way for someone to disapear. There are many endings that exist in this world of ours, which one we shall end up on is yet to be seen"
Putting away the flue somewhere under his cloak, listening as the two men converse, recalling some tales that were told of the archmage Vicotnik. Knowing well what power stories could hold over the minds of beast and humanoid alike. How they could repesent truth or some twisted propaganda, to being nothing more than simple tales meant to teach lessons or entertain.
"Tell me then of this tale you would speak of, so one might better get a better understanding of what is around us"
Never one to miss a new tale to weave, or to shrug even the most harmless of banter of for simple just that.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 16:07   #61
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Vea had never veen one to hide anything so at the threat the archer mentioned she gasped raising one hand to her mouth in surprise. She had heard vague rumours of a cleansing but never thought much about it but now she was being directly singled out as a target. The shock still showing on her face as she jumps to the table again and attempts to address the speaker.
"But...but ..why are we in such danger from this cleansing?"
Her little body shaking a little as she speaks.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 17:46   #62
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Sir Clyde Two men are sitting next to the wagon, they don't seem to be real soldiers tough, they are in uniform, normal studded leather armor, with the mark o a wolf on the arm and chest, Sir Volfbane, the most popular of the revolution generals, and one of the few that has been dubbed knight.

The soldiers are young and most likely inexperienced, they are armed with spears and battleaxes. They oogle you as you aproach

-Who goes there?
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 18:27   #63
No Dachi

Clyde eyed the wolf's head on the mens' armour warily. Sir Volfbane was a dangerous man, though just - at least to the extent that he'd sided with the people, Clyde knew little else of him. The Nordkusts' own coat of arms was a blue shield crossed with a single white chevron, with three silver scallops positioned centrally in the form of a triangle - scallops were rather less intimidating than wolves. He dimly recalled from lessons on the subject of heraldlry recieved from his father as a boy that scallops represented pilgrimage or something similar. Clyde noticed that he was wandering from the path of the present again, and pulled himself back to it almost reluctantly; he had hoped in obvious futility that the wagon would be unguarded and he would just be able to ride it clean from the village, but that had been highly unlikely at best. Fighting the instinct to floor the men and escape with the prisoners, Clyde forced himself to rationality. As any good captain knew, it was imperative that one identify one's enemies before engaging them on the field of combat - there could be a dozen more guards in the inn, for all he knew. He would have to procede carefully. Clyde lifted his right arm, forming a clenched fist against the breast plate of his armour in the manner that mercenaries sometimes gave salutes.

"Hail." He said simply, "I am Dragnar, a mercenary of the borderlands to the East." A plausible enough explanation, he felt. "I fought for the Revolutionary Army during the war," He lied, "and I saw that you had prisoners. They are Noble? Or simple soldiers? I had heard that the fighting was almost over - they must have been taken far from the battlefields that remain, unless I have wandered further than I thought these past few days." He finally paused, waiting for one or both of the men to reply. He was sweating beneath his helmet - and not just because of the heat. So far he'd managed to merely avoid the Revolutionary Army, and it was not often that he lied to a man's face...

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 15:22   #64
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Clyde The closest soldier, a rather skinny and pale boy, nods in greeting

-We took them near Fervidun to the west. They were trying to run off! We are sure that they are "noble" as you say. Maybe we can make them tell us something useful.

The other soldier is darker and bearded, probably originating from Nidland or some other country to the east.

-And you, were are you heading? I heard that they have disbanded half the mercenary forces already, are you planning on becoming a real revolution-soldier?

Vea, Voltar The felician leans back.

-My grandfather saw him when he made his speech, it has always haunted me you know. It went something like this:

This is my final warning.
A dozen dozen years from now, my Cleansing will sweep across Ereb,
a dozen dozen years from now, I will purge the world,
a dozen dozen years from now I will brings peace and prosperity to it's people.
This is my final warning, await my cleansing trembling with fear, or welcome it as the conclusion of all conflicts..

It is now 144 years ago, and he didn't seem like a man who wouldn't stand by his words. I believe the attack will come before the end of the year, maybe before the first snow falls...but noone believes me! Tonight I will go to the king and tell it to his face!!!!

The man does indeed seem drunk enough to disregard the fact that noone will listen to someone as drunk as he is.

Nibimacarion The smile widens and Musha shakes your hand.

-And I have the most beautiful vase you have ever seen, but it is the content you will find the most rewarding, it is filled with pepper my friend, finest pepper. I couldn't find anything made out of metal tough, it seems like the army has claimed everything, and no wonder right, it is time.

You catch a glimpse of something strange in Mushas eyes, deep deep down below. is it madness?

Musha starts walking down towards his workshop.

-Come on, if we take this way they will surely not see us.

Älhjögg

-Oh no problem, tough I can't show it to you here, we will have to go outside, does anyone else want to come with me?
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 15:49   #65
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

He breathes in deeply, sucking in as much air as he can in one go. Sitting up, he releases the air from his lung and takes another deep, deep breath. He looks around, looking at the men. Does he know them? He really couldn't tell...

Something strange seemed to be going on though. His mind slowly started working, but that was it, no memories, no thoughts about what was going on accompanied the slow start up of his thinking proces. Who was he? Where was he? All questions he was unable to answer. And from the looks on their faces, it looked as if these men couldn't give him any answers right now.

"What.. how.."

He doesn't come very far with trying to speak, his throat doesn't want to and he doesn't know what to say anyhow.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 17:11   #66
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion turned and followed Musha, wondering slightly why they where acting as sneaky as this, the military and law enforcement had never been interested in this region and undoubtedly knew that a silver elf came through the region every once in a while, carrying trade goods, mostly harmless. In fact he was pretty certain they knew of his existence, he'd had several close calls on and near the border.

"Time for what my friend? Is Nidland preparing for war, I saw on my way here that the wall was fully manned again."

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:12   #67
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Since his drink is finished, Älhjögg doesn't really care. He looks to the others and says: "Well? How about it?" Doesn't seem like he cares either way.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:19   #68
No Dachi

Quote:
Clyde The closest soldier, a rather skinny and pale boy, nods in greeting

-We took them near Fervidun to the west. They were trying to run off! We are sure that they are "noble" as you say. Maybe we can make them tell us something useful.

The other soldier is darker and bearded, probably originating from Nidland or some other country to the east.

-And you, were are you heading? I heard that they have disbanded half the mercenary forces already, are you planning on becoming a real revolution-soldier?
At the bearded man's question, Clyde gave three barks of loud, booming laughter - which he would surely never do as Sir Clyde of Nordkust. Dropping into this border mercenary role was easier than he had expected.

"I am a mercenary, my friend," He said, and he noticed himself speaking with an accent, "I fight while I am paid, and when the gold is done, so am I." He turned slightly to the right, gesturing toward the door of the inn, before turning back to the men again. "I assume there are other guards inside drinking? It is a day to singe a dragon's hide, is today, and I am pained so to see men deprived of drink so near to a tavern." He reached down with his steel gloved and gauntletted right hand, to produce a small, worn flagon of hide, and proceded to unscrew the cap. "As fellow warriors, let us drink to our victorious armies," He proposed, holding the flagon out to the bearded man first - he looked more dangerous, "this is drink from the hills near my home - strong, I warn you, but strong drink holds no fear for brave men such as we, no?" He barked another laugh then, and was not entirely acting as he did so. He had happened across a lonely farmhouse a week or more ago, after taking a light wound from two bandits who had heard the hooves of a lone horse approaching and imagined easy prey. The farmer had offered him some of the drink - which he claimed proudly to have brewed at home himself from roots of some description - and Clyde had found it foul beyond belief. Far too strong to be pleasurable, and he had very nearly drifted off to sleep then and there after a few mouthfuls of the stuff. Clyde had brought a flagon measure of it to use as rubbing salve - strong drink could cleanse a wound , he'd seen it in the war - and then been on his way. However, perhaps the vile stuff would have some other use now...

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:26   #69
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Nibimacarion

-Oh yes we are, didn't you know?

It is time you know, it is time that the whole world finds out what we are worth. This time we won't let God down!

He almost skips down the trail to his workshop, as he reaches it he opens the door and invites you in.

Inside of the house there is his metalworkshop, but it has changed a bit. On the floor you can see pots. He has always made them but not in this quantity. Business seems to be excellent.

He smiles even wider and offers you a glass of fine red wine.

As he sees your interest for the pots he says

-It's for the army you know, and for the fleet! Oh the fleet!!!

Now he actually seems crazy.

Fluffie

The men scream and run as you grunt your words. They drop their torches and sprint to the exit, leaving you alone. As you look down on yourself you cant really shake the feeling that something is indeed wrong.

You are dressed in lengths of cloth, strapped to your body, covering it almost completly. As you step out of the coffin you suddenly get a flsah of memories, of being put into this restingplace, voluntarily, because there was something you had to do in an age far into the future. You remember the the the highpriest wisper to you, just before you fell asleep.

-Stop him, stop him or they will all die....
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 18:55   #70
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
right, let's get going... I doubt we'll find able men here... most are drinking away their cowardice...

*glances at the others at the table while standing up*

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 19:46   #71
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion refused the wine politely, he had to fly quite some distance and he didn't react well to alcoholic substances.

"You know very well I don't drink wine, my kind does not react well to alcohol. Please, tell me about Nidland's plans for war though, I have plenty of time, at least 3 more hours untill I have to leave."

Nibimacarion carefully let his backpack slide off and put it on the ground, carefull not to trip on any of the pots. While he was most nimble in the air, he had the disadvantage of being rather clumsy on the ground. With him and the backpack now safely on the ground, Nibimacarions started unpacking it, an encyclopedia came out first, the old book was almost 800 pages thick and as such the heaviest thing in the backpack.

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 20:09   #72
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Nibimacarion Musha smiles

-Heh, there has never been anything wrong with a sip of wine has it.

Still he puts the bottle on the bench and starts helping you.

-We are going to purge the world, haven't I told you? All of the pesky worshipper of the shining road (the biggest church in Ereb Altor, very similar to christianity) will be converted, we can be very persuasive.

He smiles even wider, now with even more madness in his eyes

-Not to mention the elves...

His voice drops off.

-Do you know what these pots are for?

Instead of waiting for a reply he continues.

-They drop them from the ships, the ships that are pulled by foul creatures such as yourself.

You can barely recognice him now, he doesn't seem violent in any way, he just made a statement.

-Now can we get these things unpacked please? The diciple is coming soon and I promised him that we would be ready. He will be most happy to see you, you have strong wings.

Now the amdness is clear.

zappa, dunim, madcat, mrmao Then let's get out of here

He leads on, out through the door and into the nearby alley, you can hear someone throwing up just a few yards away.

In a hushed voice he starts to talk.

-You know, I have intelligence, my scouzes tells me that within a week we will have plenty of work, and it will be great pay. If you are in then we must leave tonight, but there is something we have to do first, we will have to dispatch of a man in here, there is a man who kepps "warning" people, he knows, jsut as well as I do that the Cleansing is coming, but he hasn't seen the light just yet, if we had more time, maybe we could have convinced him, now we have to take him out, who are with me?

No Dachi The men both eagerly drink from the flask, grinning. But soon they seem revolted.

The bearded man gives you the flask back.

-Hrhm, I don't want to offend you, but that has to have been the worst thing I have ever tasted. I have to go behind the house, wait here.

He rushes of, leaving you behind with a terribly sick young pale soldier.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 20:17   #73
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg goes along, against better knowing, and finds himself standing in a stinking alley, like some outlaw. As the man finishes his speech; Älhjögg replies: "And the proof you spoke of?" Turning to the others, he continues: "Would you follow this man? Without anything but drunken promises of riches and glory?"
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 20:28   #74
No Dachi

Sir Clyde let loose with another roaring laugh, fixing the cover of the flagon back on securely.

"A drink with the kick of the mountains to be sure, not so my friend?" He said to the gaunt younger soldier, currently being violently sick on the ground next to the wagon. And, with the bearded soldier gone, Sir Clyde decided that the time was right, and, stepping forward and lifting his arm to pat the nautious soldier on the back, delivered a sharp blow to the back of his head with the flat of his steel gauntlet. Enough to stun him or possibly lay him out, no more. With that, Sir Clyde leapt into the air, kicking off one of the wagon's front wheels before pulling himself into the driver's bench, plain grey traveller's cloak billowing behind him. Siezing the reigns of the horses, Clyde flicked them forwards, signalling the horses to go.

"Hyah! Go! Go!" He cried, prodding one of the horses on the rump with a booted foot in an attempt to goad it to action. He would get back to his horse later, somehow. And, if not, the creature would pull itself free from the tree he'd left it tied to easy enough - it stayed because it was trained to rather than because it could not break free. Few things could hold a properly-motivated warhorse. Clyde tried to develope a plan in his mind. The soldiers in the inn - and he still didn't know how many there were in all - didn't seem to have any horses to chase them with. He'd get a half a dozen miles or so out of the village, let the prisoners out, turn the wagon over, then point his cousin in the direction of home and set him to it. The lad was, after all, not much younger than he himself, and was of fairly sound mind...then again, he'd been captured once already...

Last edited by No Dachi; 7 Feb 2005 at 20:36.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 20:30   #75
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Listening to the tale intently as short as it was it held a lot of information, which was most likely the message it was convaying.
"Then I wish you good fortune then in your task"
Knowing full well the man would more than likely end up either being thrown ino some gutter, or a jailcell. Trying not to sound to somber or disrtacted in thought taking a hard look around the room noticing a few begining taking their leave in groups looking sober enough from the way they walked.
"If you'll excuse me I need some air it would appear the drink is a little to strong for my likeing"
Looking down to a half filled wooden tankart, it had been his second one this night but it served as an excuse. Not looking over Vea but talking to her just the same.
"Its up to you if want to say here, im sure you could find someone to entertain or borrow items off"

Last edited by Darkling; 7 Feb 2005 at 20:40.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 20:32   #76
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
have you something better to offer?

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 21:09   #77
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- to be finished -ooc

Against perhaps, better judgement and suddenly finding himself in deep suspicion of this drunk man's intentions, Sajjuk follows him and Älhjögg. As his eyes reajust to their preferred darkness Sajjuk begins watching for signs of an ambush or other hostile action. Sajjuk stays just inside the entrance to the alley, his suspicion rising with each passing second. His nose wrinkles in disgust at the smell of the place and he leans against the wall to listen. he has to strain a little to hear everything but does succede in catching enough to make his eyes squint a little
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 21:31   #78
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Vea gives Volthar a little wink, trying not to let him know how frightened she was at this moment..
" I think i've had enough attention tonight and everything I need."
She reaches to pull her cloak back on and and slips her lyre onto a strap. Sighing she jumps gravcefully to his shoulder and softly whispers in his ear.
"Where are we going?"

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 21:35   #79
Darkling

A slight smile crossing his face as Volthar whispers back.
"I dont rightly now yet, might be somthing, might be nothing. But at least its more entertaining than a room full of drunk soldiers"
Picking up his sword that was resting agaisnt the wall, gripping its long hilt tightly holding it upwards and close to avod hiting anyone with it as he worked his way through the crowd to the door.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 21:53   #80
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Voltar, Vea The felician shakes his fist at you

-Cowards!

And storms out, in the direction of the palace.

As you exit, you happen to end up very close to the people standing in the alley.

zappa, dunim, madcat mrmao He stares at you then he shrugs.

OK maybe I shouldn't but ok then

He picks a goldcoin out of his purse, on one side there is the face of a very stern, bearded man, on the other side there is a armoured fist, holding three bolts of lightning.

-This is the coinage of Nidland, were else could I have gotten it except for from there?

madcat I know you weren't finished, I hope this doesn't ruin your RPing.

Your nostrils catches the faint odour of a brownie and then it appears in the alley, on the shoulder of an elf.

zappa, madcat, dunim, mrmao, dragonsjem, darkling

You all see eachother, and you all see the man, who quickly puts the coin back into his pocket.

He looks over at Voltar (darkling) and Vea (dragonsjem)

-Didn't you sit by that felician?

His voice carries a unmistakable threat.

Dachi The man falls to his knees and then collapses into the mud, as you leap onto the wagon and kickstart it (litellay) you can hear angry voices from the inn. Presumeably you don't stop to isten to what they are saying and the wagon jumps out of the village, gaining speed with every yard. The people in the back are tumbling around and crying for you to stop, but you can barely hear it.

half an hour later the horses are covered in sweat and are slowing down.

Now you can actually hear the voices of the people in the wagon behind you.

"I demand that you let me out"

You can celarly identify your cousins voice, he sounds scared and angry

"I am Sir Ferad, knight of Nordkust, i demand that you show some respect and stop this wagon immedietly!"
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 22:13   #81
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion was slightly disturbed by the mentioning of this diciple, he had met several of the people of the village but there had never been any mention of this person.

"So, this diciple, what does he do? More importantly, when would he be here? You know I prefer not to be known to many, smuggling these goods is still illegal."

Nibimacarion in the meanwhile removed a set of silverware, the emblems of several Hynsolge house's crafted into their backs

"As you know, there's been a civil war, this fell into my hands at a pleasurable price when 1 of the local lords got caught."

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 22:14   #82
Darkling

ooc - character name is Volthar
Looking over at the person who was all rather hostile in his tone condisering his responce carefully on this one.
"perhaps, perhaps, I cannot say i recal his nationality the their was quite drunk to say the least, so they made little sense regardless"
Shifting his right foot forward a little stands there passivly smilling a little ignoring the hostile tone for now. Looking over the others all gathered around loosly togethor, noting how they appeared to have little in common from the outset. Looking over to vea who was perched on his shoulder.
"Dont suppose you recall them saying much? there was some mummers about some cleansing I think, though as I said the man was quite drunk and delusional"
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 22:16   #83
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg shrugs then, too tired this night to argue. "Fine," he says. "I guess I don't have much better to do now. How do we get there? I seem to recall something about a wall?"

His eyes turn to the two new arrivals, studying them briefly. Entertainers, he knows. As the drunkard seem to turn aggresive by the presence, he turns back. He's not really worried. While his shield and javelin are inside, his tulwar is safely sheathed by his side, ready to be put to use.

Last edited by Dunin Hemm; 7 Feb 2005 at 22:22.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 22:21   #84
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Sitting down on Vothar's shoulder in a relaxed manner Vea looks like she's thinking seriously about the conversation. Her finger planced gently on her lips in a thoughrful manner.
"Cleansing...yes that was it. He was going to the king for some reason but who's to believe men that drunk."
She smiles sweetly as she moves a couple stray strands of hair from in front of her eyes.

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 23:09   #85
No Dachi

Sir Clyde chanced a look over his shoulder, standing up from the seat so as to be able to see over the bulk of the wagon. He couldn't see anything following them, granted, but with all the dust thrown up by the wagon's wheels that didn't necessarilly mean anything. Clyde began to ease up on urging the horses ahead, and began looking around for a thicket or copse of some sort. He found one soon enough - just a few trees surrounded at their bases by shrubs and fern growth, but it would do to hide the wagon. Clyde urged the horses off the track toward the thicket, and they took a few moments to comply, an unusual move as it was. The wagon bucked violently as its wheels reluctantly left the well-worn ruts that they had been in a moment before, and then began to pick up speed as it rolled down the embankment a short distance. Clyde harried the horses on a bit faster to ensure they did not get caught by the wagon, but he was worrying needlessly. They kept ahead of it, though they were a little skittish - and tired, by the look of things, but that wasn't surprising given the pace they'd been travelling at. He'd let them go soon enough. Suddenly, Clyde saw a branch of pine approaching, and narrowly managed to avoid taking it in the eye. He stopped the horses and looked around. Fairly decent cover here. As he stepped down from the driver's seat, he gave an ear to his cousin's complaints for the first time. Sir Ferad of Nordkust? The boy had been knighted as well, and so young! Still, Clyde reminded himself, he wasn't exactly long in the tooth himself. His boots touched down on the soft earth beneath the thicket as he reached for the peg holding the horses' harness to the wagon. They'd done more work than his cousin, after all, and probably deserved to be freed first. Suddenly, the knight had an idea, and restrained himself from releasing the two beats, and instead turned before walking round to the cage door of the wagon. Standing directly in front of the door, he saw Ferad standing up and gripping one of the crossbars, as though he thought the doors should be opening to an order from one of Noble blood. Clyde regarded him and the other prisoners - somewhat more docile - for a few moments before speaking to them as a whole.

"You were prisoners taken at Fervidun, correct? Are you all Nobles or are any of you soldiers? I assume the guards have already taken your weaponry and gold? Do any of you know the area?" He asked, several questions in quick succession. He tried to keep his voice fairly stern, although obviously he could do nothing but release them in a few minutes' time. If one of them was a soldier, Clyde could pay him to make sure his cousin was taken back to Nordkust safely - by the countryside, avoiding settlements and roads where the Revolutionary Army could be found. And, then again, maybe his cousin could take care of himself. Clyde held himself back from removing the steel pot helmet, deciding that his cousin would remain facing a stranger for the time being, at least. Maybe it would evoke a bit of deferance and respect...

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 23:43   #86
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Nidland?.... traitor...

a soft growl escaped Jacob's teeth, and he punched the man

Unread 8 Feb 2005, 04:35   #87
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- ARGH! my post! it has been eaten -ooc

Sajjuk's eyes are drawn, by a natural curiosity to the coin in the drunk man's hand. in his long travels and exploits he has seen the coinage of many nationalities, but this is unfamilliar so he accepts that it may well be from nidland.

I suspect that you yourself did not aqquire this coin, nor do i hold your apparent skill in high enough regard for me to think it possible. it is likely that you obtained it by making some sort of deal with a smuggler, am i right.
when the scent of brownie reaches him, Sajjuk looks out and down the street, just off of which he is standing. he finds nothing there and so turns back to see the two newcomers. his eyes inspect the larger of the two and soon end up resting on the smaller, he smiles and inclines his head in greeting. this courtesy done he watches the exchange between the man and high elf with amusement. his amusement however is turned to irritation and surprise when the second human throws a punch at the drunk. Sajjuk's instant reaction is to reach for one of his weapons but he stops himself in light of not wanting to have this escalat, instead he watches, ready to intervene if the drunk retaliates in a violent fashion.
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 11:17   #88
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Nibimacarion The man reaches over his shoulder and picks a small monocle up, he attackes it to his eye and starts examining your plates.

-Indeed, great quality, this silver won't corrode in our lifetime.

He looks up.

-You shouldn't worry about the diciple my friend, they are the students of the judges, and they are fair and righteous, it is a great honour to have him here in our village. You see, my country is run by Vicotnik, our true and loving leader who keeps us on the right path.

Musha does indeed seem filled with compassion and love.

-He can't be everywere can he? So he employs the judges, twenty of them actually. And all of the judges have 20 diciples. Our diciple is coming here today to speak to you, you are going to love it, I am sure of that.

You hear a noise outside. Mushas eyes widen in anticipation.

-He is here!

*Insert scary music here*

Volthar, Vea, Älhjögg, Jacob, Sajjuk (mrmao?) Posts do regularily get eaten here on this forum, only good posts tough, since the RP Forum is nothing less than a gourmé.

Now things are happening fast, the pucnhed man falls to the ground and the tension increases. He gets up and moves his hand to his scimitar but hesitates.

-You will all die infidels, none of you is worthy.

He moves his hand faster than you can see and chucks a small claypot against you, doing so he leaps out into the middle of the street and sets of an an incredible speed.

Sir Clyde One of the men rises, his arms tied behind his back and a bandage over the top of his head.

-I am a squire if that might help.

He is actually older than you, and does seem battleworthy.

Another man replies that he grew up in this are, so he knows it.

None of them are armed
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 11:47   #89
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

kicking the claypot out of the way, Jacob calls the drunk.. "You forgot something"... a playfull grin on his face as it heads towards him, Jacob returns to the inn

Last edited by Zappa Tenderlea; 8 Feb 2005 at 12:12.
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 12:07   #90
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion eyed Musha for a moment and quickly undid the straps that held his sword in place during flight, something he hadn't done for quite some time, and checked that the sword had frozen in its sheath by pulling it out a little, it still slid perfectly and thus Nibimacarion let it drop back into the sheath

"This had better not be a trick, you know they can't catch me anyways."

Nibimacarion was always edgy around strangers, Musha knew that to for when some of the other villagers came by while he was visiting he had done the same. Nibimacarion just hoped that these diciples didn't bring along a dozen men-at-arms like the law enforcement guys around here did.

Unread 8 Feb 2005, 14:10   #91
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie
The men scream and run as you grunt your words. They drop their torches and sprint to the exit, leaving you alone. As you look down on yourself you cant really shake the feeling that something is indeed wrong.

You are dressed in lengths of cloth, strapped to your body, covering it almost completly. As you step out of the coffin you suddenly get a flsah of memories, of being put into this restingplace, voluntarily, because there was something you had to do in an age far into the future. You remember the the the highpriest wisper to you, just before you fell asleep.

-Stop him, stop him or they will all die....
"Stop him, stop him or they will all die...."

He could hear the words in his head as if they were being whispered into his ear again. He had been resting here, awaiting his time to act. Was it that time already? He softly swore, almost unhearable under his breath. There were so many questions in his mind, but no answers at all.

Reaching out, he picks up a torch. Lighting his way with it, he slowly follows them, hoping that they'll calm down and maybe answer some questions of his... If they opened his coffin, maybe they would know what to do!

(This is assuming that the one laying on the ground crying also ran. If he didn't, I'll have had a closer look at him, followed by an "Hello?" of some sorts...)
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 14:28   #92
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg quirks a brow as the average IQ in the alley drops conciderably with the sudden burst of violence. The drunk runs off with an empty threat and the brute obviously doesn't wish to be held responsible for his actions, instead taking refuge inside.

He looks to the remaining four inquiringly. "So, how about that?" he asks them.
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 17:48   #93
No Dachi

Sir Clyde decided that it was probably about time to let the men out, and, having unlocked the door, pulled the grille open, allowing the men out from the wagon. The door now open, he removed his helmet, and turned directly to Ferad.

"Ferad, listen to me carefully," He said, hoping that the boy's shock at suddenly standing before his cousin would override his national youthful inclination to resist authority, "I have an important task for you. You must return to Nordkust as fast as you can, and once there you must make sure the villagers are safe untill I return. I do not believe it would be safe for me to return home quite yet; but the Revolutionary Army in the area is less lkely to recognise you. We Knights, you and I," Continued Clyde, hoping to appeal to the younger man's fledgling sense of honour, "have a duty to our people, even if the King and the Revolution do not necessarilly recognise it any more. Make sure the bandits do not gain too great a foothold in the area, and help the village leaders wherever they require it. I will return when the righteous fervour has faded somewhat from the Revolutionaries' eyes. Would you do this service to myself and to the people?" Leaving the question hanging unanswered in the air, Clyde turned to the other prisoners from the wagon. He hoped that his cousin would see Clyde's desire to know the village was safe more than his second motive for asking the duty of him, that of wishing to ensure his cousin was kept out of trouble untill the Kingdom had calmed a bit. He spoke again, now addressing the prisoners as a whole, "Gentlemen, we Nobles, you and I all, fought for what we believed to be good and proper in the world. Now, however, I fear it is time for us all to accept that we are defeated. Only a few pockets of resistance by our comrades remain, and they are surrounded, hopelessly outnumbered, and I am quite sure that they will not endure for long. I released you as any good creature on this earth would, and I have no right to ask anything of you in return. However, I beseech you, travel with my young cousin here to Nordkust. Stay as guests of the village untill the people of Hynsolge remember that we Nobles originally came to be out of a need that remains to this day, rather than by some conspiracy of fate and chance. If not then, at least, I ask you to travel as a group at least untill your ways part out of necessity." He concluded the address with a slight bow, before replacing his helmet and looking over his shoulder, back out at the trail on its slight ridge and at the unseen town beyond the horizon. He would set off for the town in short order, and come nightfall would enter and look for his horse. Even if it had decided to break free from its tether in this time, it would not have wondered far. And, any thief that spied a beast of decent stock would discover soon enough to his own detriment that a warhorse could be a dangerous animal indeed to those other than its master. He would be less likely to be seen and recognised from before at nightfall, as well. He turned back to the ex-prisoners. "You could attempt to use the gaol wagon as a disguise and move long the roads that way, or you could take the country and avoid towns and settlements altogether, but if you do not use the wagon then I suggest you hide it as best you can here in the undergrowth. I myself will now return to the town to collect my mount and belongings." - His lance and kite shield, left strapped to his warhorse by the saddle. He hoped neither of those were missing. A shield was easy enough to come by, though kite shields perhaps less so, but a decent lance was more difficult to find. Still, he would persevere. There was little else he could do. Almost as an afterthought, Clyde produced a knife from a sheath concealed on the inside of one of his boots and used it to cut through any bonds that would possibly restrict the prisoners later.

Last edited by No Dachi; 8 Feb 2005 at 17:55.
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 21:53   #94
Darkling

Watching the whole dispute unfold Volthar keeping silent as the man storms of in a rather hasty manner, looking around odly for a few moment afterwards then simply shrugging to himself. The threat was evident in his tone and actions, putting such thoughts aside for now.
"A rather rude indervidual, that was most uncalled for"

Wiping off the disturbed dust of his cloak in a slow manner revealing his practical but ornate clothing, seeming to play with his sword a little. Weighing it a little within in grasp frowning a little, muttering it off silently as he puts it in some hidden holster across his back as so it avoids any of his limbs. Adjusting his cloak so that it covered some of the blade up, looking back up to the group after he had finished.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 14:16   #95
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Volthar, Älhjögg, Jacob, sajjuk The tossed claypot reaches Jacobs foot. It is kicked back but breaks up while in mid flight, the contents, various powders a glass cube and some other bits seems to catch fire and the whole alley is filled with smoke.

The smoke is thick and stings your lungs and eyes. Very uncomfortable.

You realise that people will be attracted by this cloud, what do you do?

Clyde You cousin seems confused, he doesn't start to speak until you are finished.

"But what about you? You must come with us, what will happen to you?"

The squire just nods.

"We will do this, if we can, you have my word"

fluffie Indeed the crying man is left on the floor.

He is dressed in rough clothing, and seems to be a young man.

He stares up at you with eyes as large as saucers.

-I haven't done anything to you, we only came for thespire, nothing else, just leave me please!

You are surprised that he actually speaks the same language as you do.

Nibimacarion Unfortunatly for you, the first person who walks through the door is a 6 feet tall man, or mayby it is a beast, you can't really tell. He seems utterly muscular, his eyes are entirely black with no pupils. Behind him, another almost identical being squeezes through the door. They are both dressed in leather armor with huge swords strapped to their backs. Their faces show no emotion whatsoever.

Even Musha seems scared.

Next through the door is a smaller man, barely average. He is dressed in wide traditional Nidlandish clothing with a turban on his head and a face full of har, his beard is long and impressive. His eyes are friendly and he leans on a staff, aparently he limps a bit.

As soon as he is inside of the house Musha makes a deep bow.

-Diciple Árgun, I welcome you to my house, this is the wingbeast I told you about.

Árgun smiles.

-Now now, we shouldn't be rude.

He turns to you

-I am Árgun, diciple over this territory, I was told that I might expect you here, tough I was planning on greeting you when you landed. I understand you have flown all the way from Hynsolge, you must be tired. Why don't you have a seat.

He points to a chair and sits down on a stool nearby.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 14:26   #96
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion looked to the diciple for a few seconds while he spoke, then pointed at the 2 gorrilas behind him.

"I assure you those won't be neccesary, not to mention they'd be quite useless if there was a fight."

Nibimacarion then sat down, carefull to not get his sword stuck under him and unstrapping his bow, laying it down on his knees with the arrows at his side, his wings folded as tightly as he could, he had to sit quite close to the edge of the chair and realised that this must have looked rather akward to the humans in the room.

"I was told there where things you wished to discuss with me, however I must also say that I do not have an endless supply of time. I can't fly through the mountains at night and thus must be back in Hynsolge before nightfall."

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 14:42   #97
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

fluffie Indeed the crying man is left on the floor.

He is dressed in rough clothing, and seems to be a young man.

He stares up at you with eyes as large as saucers.

-I haven't done anything to you, we only came for thespire, nothing else, just leave me please!

You are surprised that he actually speaks the same language as you do.

//

"No."

He looks around, trying to see this thespire thing the young man was looking for. But at any rate, he doesn't let the fellow get away, he needed answers and maybe even... help. He couldn't let "him" escape.

Or at least, that's what he thought.

Still looking for thespire and any other possible items of interest (be it in the room or in his coffin or on his body), he starts talking...

"I have... questions. Who... Where...

Where are we?"
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 14:46   #98
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

(I went inside...)

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 14:49   #99
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ Are you guys just refreshing this forum every minute or so? I was talking to ärk so I knew when he DMed... /ooc

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 14:54   #100
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
ooc/ Are you guys just refreshing this forum every minute or so?

...you don't?